Sawyer Family Farmstead Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Andrea
    Andrea P. Married on 11/13/2021

The most beautiful and scenic venue

Sawyer Family Farmstead was an amazing venue for our wedding. It was so naturally beautiful that we didn’t need much decorations. Nicole and the staff were amazing and so helpful. They made the whole planning process and the weekend of the wedding seamless. I would recommend Sawyer Family Farmstead to anyone planning a wedding.
    Claire A. Married on 10/30/2021

A Dream Wedding Venue

We are overwhelmed - our wedding was absolutely beautiful and that wouldn’t have been possible without Nicole and Sawyer Family Farmstead. It is arguably the most beautiful location for a wedding in WNC, but no other venue comes with Nicole. Our day went so smoothly because she was there keeping everything on track, making sure everyone was where they were supposed to be, and seamlessly moving to plan B when the weather took a turn. Not only did the venue come with Nicole, but it also came with an awesome farmhouse that fit our entire wedding party and a honeymoon cabin for my husband and I to escape to after the wedding. Most of our family is from out of state and had never been anywhere like Glenville, NC. It’s been a week and everyone is still raving about it. You will not find a more beautiful and unique setting for your wedding and you won’t find anyone better than Nicole to plan it. Plus, this venue is also a Christmas tree farm, so we will be able to return every year for a Christmas tree!

Sawyer Family Farmstead's reply:

Loved working with you, Thomas, and both families! It was a wonderful time and we loved hosting all of you here!! See you soon! 💕
    Alison K. Married on 10/30/2021

Personal and caring

We could not have asked for a more caring, loving group to help us celebrate our daughter’s wedding. Our wedding planner, Nicole Wade went above and beyond to give our daughter the day of her dreams and more.
  • Allison
    Allison D. Married on 10/23/2021

Best Day Ever!

If you want stunning views with rustic charm, this is the perfect place to get married! We accidentally found Sawyer Family Farmstead on after visiting other venues in the area. It was late in the afternoon and we were headed out of town but decided to give them a call and see if we could stop by and tour the venue. From the moment we called Sawyer Family Farmstead and talked to Nicole, everything was perfect! Nicole Wade is the absolute best and the most easy to work with wedding planner out there. She provided us with recommendations for our caterer, photographer/videographer, DJ, transportation, and hotel accommodations. All of her recommendations were wonderful and we were extremely pleased with our entire wedding team. The venue is stunning but Nicole made our wedding experience so enjoyable. We brought our vision to Nicole and she made it come to life. The reception site is so quaint and charming. When it is decorated with candles and florals, it becomes a magical place. I would highly recommend a visit to Sawyer Family Farmstead if you want a dream wedding!

Allison and Michelle,
    You two were so great! It was a gorgeous day and I loved working with you all! You made my job easy because you were so organized snd easy to work with! Everything turned out so beautiful!
    😘
    Nicole
  • Hailey
    Hailey S. Married on 10/16/2021

Amazing & Beautiful Venue with awesome staff!

Nicole was so amazing to work with! The first time I met her I loved how on top of things she was. This assured me that I wouldn't have any issues come wedding day. I am so type A and was nervous that everything would go wrong...I was so wrong the day came and things FLEW by! Nicole made sure everything was perfect and in order throughout the whole planning process and weekend of! The venue is also AMAZING we had so many guest tell us they had never seen a more beautiful place!
    Eric M. Married on 10/09/2021

Father of the Bride

All great things come to those who plan!!! Nicole and her team know their stuff. She made every detail, even the unexpected surprises go off without a hitch. I was fortunate that my daughter ( Bride) had a clear idea of what she wanted and Nicole made it happen. What a magical night. My wife and I were so very happy to see our daughter and new son in law’s dream wedding come together so flawlessly. Thank you to Sawyer family farmstead and especially Nicole

Eric,
    Mikayla and Kyle’s wedding was so much fun! I loved working with ALL of you. Mikayla was such an organized bride and a true pleasure to work with! You and Sandy were awesome! I can’t believe you pulled off the surprise horse and carraige 😍 Kuddos to you, one of the coolest Father’s of the bride (FOB)!
  • Mikayla
    Mikayla M. Married on 10/09/2021

Best wedding vendor in western North Carolina

Nicole and team at Sawyer Family Farmstead were absolutely amazing! They helped make all of our wedding dreams come true. We loved that it was a one stop shop for venue, bar services, catering, decorations and coordinating; it made planning smooth and easy. They were great to work with and the day went off without a hitch!

Mikayla,
    We loved working with you and Kyle! It was such a great day!!! I can’t wait to see some more pictures!
    💕Nicole
    Kaylee M. Married on 10/06/2021

Excellent Venue and Staff

We absolutely loved getting married here. Our original venue fell through due to covid and Nicole was nothing short of amazing. She helped us plan our entire wedding and secure all of our amazing vendors in just two short months.

On the day of the wedding she was there every step of the way making sure that everything ran smoothly despite the rainy weather.

The venue was beautiful and all the spaces were stunning from the getting ready cottages, ceremony site, and the reception room. There are no words to describe how perfect this venue was!!

We cannot thank Nicole and the entire SFF staff enough for everything and making our dream wedding come true.

Thank you again!!
    Melisa T. Married on 09/25/2021

Amazing! Highly recommend

The farm was absolutely beautiful I couldn’t have picked a better place to have my wedding and Nicole was a lifesaver I couldn’t have done it without her, she is amazing at what she does you will not regret having her wedding here!!
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen C. Married on 08/21/2021

Unique and amazing place to get married!

We looked at a number of venues in the Smoky Mountains area, but as soon as we saw Sawyer Family Farmstead, we knew it was the perfect place for us. The ceremony site is stunning, and the reception area has such a unique and fun vibe that we were sold on the place instantly. We originally planned to get married in Sept of 2020, but postponed to Aug 2021. Through all of the stress of rescheduling during COVID, Nicole and the SFF team were available and supportive throughout the process. On the day of the wedding, so many of our guests commented on how well organized and seamless everything went. We could not have been happier with our choice of venue and would highly recommend Sawyer to anyone looking for a truly special to get married!

Kathleen,
    You and Todd were amazing! Your vision was so much fun to execute and I am so happy it turned out to be such a great day! The weather was perfect and your group was awesome!
    Ashlee K. Married on 07/10/2021

Sawyer family farmstead and nicole

The team at Sawyer, led by Nicole were absolutely wonderful to work with in planning our wedding! We were planning from out of state and even before visiting to see how stunning the venue is, I was SOLD on holding our wedding at Sawyer, for one main reason- NOCLE! She was so attentive, easy to work with and came through in so many ways! Planning during covid certainly made things difficult. But because of Nicole we were able to reschedule everything smoothly! She had fantastic vendors to recommend- even at the last minute! Nicole even did our flowers, picking some from the venue! Her team was on point for the day of the wedding and took such great care of our wedding party and our guests! The Sawyer team was sensitive and helpful to our guests with special needs and were able to make suggestions to keep everyone healthy and safe during the pandemic! And with all of that-it looked intentional and elegant at the same time! I couldn't recommend Sawyer enough to make your wedding day dreams come true!
  • Christina
    Tina W. Married on 06/12/2021

Magical Experience

We had our wedding at Sawyer Family Farmstead in June 2021 and it was an absolutely magical weekend. If you’re looking for a destination mountain wedding in a quaint town, this is your place. Our guests still talk about what a beautiful, fun time our wedding was. Nicole was such an awesome coordinator. I can’t relate to the stress other brides talk about because of how wonderful she was! Everything went absolutely seamlessly. We were even ahead of schedule! Can’t recommend Sawyer Family Farmstead enough. Forever reliving our wedding day!
    Rachel M. Married on 06/05/2021

Beyond Amazing!

My (now) husband and I were one of the many couples that had to postpone their wedding due to covid, therefore I worked with Sawyer’s, and specifically Nicole, for over 2 years. Nicole and staff could not have been more helpful and kind during those couple years and we are beyond thankful. On the day of the wedding, there was no rain in the forecast, but somehow it rained for the 20 minutes during the ceremony. That being said, it was BEYOND perfect and Nicole and staff couldn’t have been more on top of things. They had cute umbrellas for everyone, helped us dry off the bridal parties outfits, all while keeping all the other guests super happy. Honestly, the rain just made the pictures, videos and memories that much more memorable and beautiful anyways.

Not only was the staff amazing, but the venue and all my other vendors made the most stunning and fun wedding. Lake Glenville makes for a beautiful backdrop and the Christmas tree farm is the perfect setting for an outdoor wedding. Even the reception hall was spectacular and I was blown away with the set-up of the tables and dance floor. That day is one we will never forget all thanks to Nicole and the Sawyer’s family!

Rachel,
    You and Troy were amazing to work with throughout the whole process, but watching you two enjoy your wedding day was the most fun! You guys are awesome!
    😍Nicole
  • Jordan
    Jordan M. Married on 05/22/2021

Nicole Sawyer is a wedding planning GURU!

Nicole was born to be a wedding planner! I can't say enough about how wonderful everyone is at Sawyer Family Farmstead. They think of every little detail, Nicole helped me maneuver a few obstacles throughout the planning process. She doesn't give you any fluff and is straightforward with all expectations. The scenery is an absolute dream, so many of my guests and vendors said it was the most beautiful venue they've been to!. If you want a wedding in a beautiful area, you dont want to have to plan much, and be able to trust that everyone has things under control without having to ask you a million questions, Sawyer is going to be your spot! The vendors they reccomended knocked it out of the park as well. Nicole makes sure that the whole process is as enjoyable as possible and takes so much stress off of the bride.

Sawyer Family Farmstead's reply:

Thank you Jordan! We loved working with you and Chris! It was a beautiful day for sure! I can’t wait to see the pictures! :) Nicole
    Kaylee O. Married on 04/17/2021

A dream come true

amazing venue, wonderful staff and we could not have dreamt of a better day! Nicole and her staff made everything so easy on us—we had no day-of worries or stress. so smooth and beautiful!
    Steven L. Married on 04/09/2021

The perfect Mountain Venue

Nicole and Sawyer Family Farms made our special day truly memorable. Nicole was a joy to work with throughout the entire wedding process and her and her team were the best people to help us on the day of the wedding. Our guests truly enjoyed themselves at Sawyer and the venue was everything my bride and I dreamed it could be.
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn H. Married on 11/14/2020

Sawyer Family Farmstead

After visiting with this venue, my fiancé and I really felt like part of the family. We loved the venue and the natural beauty of the mountains. Nicole and her family have done an excellent job and we are so excited to get married here!
  • O
    Olivia H. Married on 10/16/2020

The best venue ever! Nicole was so helpful and SO good at what she does. You can’t beat this venues views, it’s breathtaking. Everyone was so kind too

Best mountain venue ever! 10/10 recommend if you’re looking for elegant rustic and breathtaking views!
  • Alden
    Alden T. Married on 09/19/2020

Breathtaking views and location, and an even better planning team

When I look back on my wedding day, the one thing I remember the most is walking down the aisle to my soon to be husband in one of the most gorgeous settings I've ever been. Right in the middle of a Christmas tree farm, surrounded by rolling mountains, and with a sweeping view of misty Lake Glenville in the distance, the setting is something straight out of a fairy tale and gives me chills to even think about now.

However, more important than the beauty of the venue, is the wonderful family who runs it and who are the people that will bring your wedding day vision to life. The folks at SFF, specifically Nicole Wade, are just such good people that will go above and beyond to do the right thing, and ultimately they have the same goal as you - they want your day to be a success. Planning a wedding is stressful but the folks are SFF make it so easy. They are true professions who know how to throw the wedding of your dreams and make it look seamless doing it. My wedding planning process was in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, making it certainly not an easy (or remotely stress-free) task. However, SFF exhibited so much flexibility and willingness to adapt to the hurdles that the pandemic threw at us. I can truly say that I don't know if my wedding would have happened in 2020 if I hadn't chosen a venue that was so willing to quickly adapt and to take the necessary steps to ensure that all my guests felt safe and comfortable.

Choosing Sawyer Family Farmstead was hands down the BEST decision I made throughout the wedding planning process and this special place and people made the wedding of our dreams come true.

Catherine C. Married on 06/20/2020

Couldn't be a better experience!!

COVID bride here! Our wedding plans were complicated to say the least, but Nicole was our champion through the whole process. She was creative in helping us think through the entire weekend, and so understanding. She really put us at ease. She's a very talented planner! The site is absolutely breathtaking. Our guests were in awe at the view. The entire Sawyer team was a joy to work with, and I highly recommend them.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany T. Married on 05/16/2020

Views for days!

As soon as my fiancé proposed, I knew I wanted to get married at Sawyer. I met with Nicole on Easter weekend 2019 in the pouring rain, covered in mud, and still knew this venue was for us. Nicole with there to help us every step of the way. Even with the uncertainty that COVID-19 brought, Nicole was calm, cool, and collected the entire way. I did end up changing my date to a later date and Nicole made a change seen effortless. She had a list of vendors that had been at the venue before and I honestly do not regret choosing any of her suggestions. Especially a in light of a pandemic, Sawyer was a perfect indoor/outdoor wetting venue to make a small or large crowd feel like you had a backyard wedding without the hassle. Her team made everything perfect, and I cannot imagine my day anywhere else. The level of expertise and skill this venue has is unparalleled!! You will not regret your day here!
    Kerrigan S. Married on 01/08/2020

the ABSOLUTE best!!!

BEST venue and team you could ask for! Don't be scared off by the initial price, as it seems costly, but is entirely worth it when it comes to your day. We almost didn't even look at the farm because of the pricing, but didn't realize how much was included, comparatively to other venues that charge you for every little thing. Nicole was the absolute best coordinator, especially during COVID season. We had an August wedding and was one the first weddings the farm had, so we hurdled a lot of obstacles, but could not have done it without Nicole. She is very supportive and allows you to do your own thing, but provides feedback from her experiences. On the day of, none of us had to worry about anything at all, as the setup and takedown were also taken care of. The farm is an absolute dream and pictures don't do it any justice! All of our friends and family continuously said that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to, and we felt like we didn't have to do that much due to the natural beauty of the space. It was so fun creating an itinerary for the weekend for all of our guests to enjoy the mountains and take a little vaca away from their homes during this trying time. Could not have asked for a better venue, coordinator, or day. Everything was absolutely perfect!! We plan on going back and picking out our christmas tree in the winter as a tradition, and to say hello to the crew.
    Katy H. Married on 10/18/2019

Wonderful venue and staff!

We had a magical destination wedding at Sawyer Family! They are very organized, have great vendors to recommend to make the process as simple as possible and they help you to meet the vision of your big day!! Nicole was awesome to work with, especially since we are not local, and very helpful with anything we needed. They are very professional and caring! We would recommend them and will for sure go visit them again when we are in the area!!
    Ashley F. Married on 10/17/2019

Pure Magic

Nicole, Marina, and the whole SFF team were incredible and took care of absolutely everything. The packages offered are very inclusive which eliminates a ton of stress when it comes to the details, leading up to and on the big day and they were there every step of the way to make sure everything went smoothly. The venue itself is incredible almost as is, so I didn’t do a ton of flowers or other decoration and it was perfect. I can not recommend SFF enough if you’re looking for an adorable spot nestled in the blue ridge mountains.