Sawyer Family Farmstead Reviews

Sawyer Family Farmstead 5
Sawyer Family Farmstead 6
Sawyer Family Farmstead 7

Caitlin Jones · Getting married on 10/06/2020

Nicole & the entire team at Sawyer Family Farmstead are absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Nicole & the entire team at Sawyer Family Farmstead are absolutely INCREDIBLE! I seriously can not recommend them highly enough. I planned my wedding from across the country (which I assumed would be really stressful) and Nicole made it a piece of cake. We had regularly scheduled calls throughout the entire process, and she was always able to answer my questions right away which put me at ease. We ended up loving every local vendor that she recommended we use, and she was always professional and efficient when working with them. Nicole took the time to meet with us for multiple site walks whenever we were in town visiting, and always listened to any feedback I had. The day of the wedding could not have gone more perfect and that was all thanks to Nicole's planning skills! All of the staff at Sawyer Family Farmstead are so accommodating and friendly & it was such a wonderful experience working with them!!

Sent on 10/10/2019
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 8
  • Lynda

Lynda · Married on 10/09/2019

The Best Venue in North Carloina

I can't express how much our daughters wedding at Sawyer Family Farmstead meant to us. Nicole is wonderful from the minute you say hello. the venue has it all. We did her Brides maid Luncheon, rehearsal dinner and the whole wedding on property. The farmhouse was so much fun having the family there for everything. We just walked to all events.
    They do it all. Very professional and yet personal. The price is the best!!!!! Well worth your money.
    Our daughters pictures are going to be beautiful. I never had to worry about anything.
    Thank you to everyone at Sawyer Family Farmstead
    Lynda Mann

Sent on 10/08/2019
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 9
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 10
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 11

Shanna · Married on 09/14/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Everything about our day was absolutely amazing! Nicole is so helpful and had everything ready to go for from the moment we showed up in the morning to the moment we left in our getaway car. She has done this for years and it sure shows - we were able to sit back and enjoy our special day. We have been told by so many people that this is the most amazing wedding they've ever been to - how beautiful it was and how amazing the ceremony and reception was. I would redo this day over and over if I could. If you are even slightly interested- go visit and you'll be hooked!

Sent on 10/03/2019
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 12
  • Morgan

Morgan Wilkinson · Married on 08/16/2019

Beautiful!

First of all, as someone who works in the wedding industry, I have to say that for the price/investment, Sawyer Family Farm is an incredible value. Also, the staff there (particularly Marina) are all so lovely to work with. Marina went above and beyond to make our day perfect and she has a heart of gold. Beyond that...the place is completely gorgeous, picture perfect!! We did the elopement package and had a cocktail hour with light food. The food was fantastic!! This is truly a special place. You will not regret having your wedding or event at Sawyer Family Farmstead.

Sent on 09/21/2019

Blair · Married on 08/10/2019

My Dream Mountain Wedding Venue

If you are looking for a venue that offers beautiful mountain views, an amazing rustic feel, and memories that will last you a lifetime look no further. Seriously! Sawyer Family Farmstead is a wedding dream come true.
    I fell in love with Sawyer Family Farmstead the moment I saw them on Wedding Wire. When we went to visit in person I knew this was the wedding venue I dreamed of. Sawyer Family Farmstead is even more beautiful in person!
    Sawyer offers so much more than most venues. You not only have your ceremony at this picturesque location, the reception space is just steps away (through the Christmas trees) as well. We booked the farm house on site so our entire wedding party could stay with us for the weekend! We held our rehearsal dinner at the farmhouse with all our friends and family the night before the wedding.
    I think what completely sold us on booking with Sawyer was Nicole, the moment we met with her we both knew she would do everything possible to make our wedding day perfect. Let me tell you, she exceeded our expectations! Sawyer Family Farmstead is definitely a well oiled machine, every employee there knows exactly how to run a wedding from start to finish. Nicole was with us from first thing in the morning until the every end of the night. She was a absolute dream to work with.
    Every single one of my guests couldn't stop raving about how beautiful this venue was. Many said it was the best wedding they have ever been too! I will never forget my wedding at Sawyer Family Farmstead and was truly the wedding of my dreams. I can't recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Jeff

Jeff · Married on 08/03/2019

Beautiful Venue for a Perfect Day!

Sawyer FF was the most beautiful venue for our perfect day! The ceremony gave a perfect view of the surrounding mountains, towering trees, and the spectacular lake Glenville. The rustic ceremony site was exactly what we were looking for as we shared the special day with all of our closest family and friends. We would highly recommend anyone interested contact Nicole at SFF as she did a great job helping us plan and execute day of.

Sent on 10/04/2019

Arnit Kobryniec · Married on 07/06/2019

Great!! We are so psyched

We are so excited to say our IDos here !!!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Rich

Rich Gunderlock · Married on 07/06/2019

Perfect Mountain Wedding Venue!

Beautiful venue in a beautiful location; great, friendly staff, and wonderful experience all around!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Anna Van Etten · Married on 05/25/2019

The BEST day ever

Nicole and her team made the whole planning process and wedding day an absolute breeze. Nicole was on top of everything and helped me with each step of the planning process. The day of the wedding was incredible and couldn’t have gone any better. Nicole and the team made us feel completely relaxed and took care of everything. Also, the places on the property that are available for rent are incredible. It made it so easy for my wedding party and family, as well as the honeymoon cottage which was perfect for the night of our wedding. Could not recommend more!

Sent on 10/10/2019
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 13
  • Emily

Emily Wolfe · Married on 03/16/2019

The place to have your wedding

I can't say enough good things about SFF as a venue itself, and their staff. This was the first wedding venue i looked at, and i probably looked at 8 others and none even compared. The venue is so beautiful overlooking lake granville, and all the Christmas trees around. From the start, Nicole, the wedding coordinator was absolutely amazing. She constantly made sure everything was in place and all the little details that i never would've thought about were in place. They were outstanding with communication and provide many recommended vendors that make it easy to find trustworthy and known vendors to provide services at your wedding. Overall I couldn't be happier that I chose to have my wedding at this beautiful place.

Sent on 03/25/2019
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 14
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 15
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 16
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 17
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 18

Jess Baker · Married on 11/12/2018

Wedding Bliss

We had the wedding of our dreams at Sawyer Family Farmstead this November 3rd. The scene was pure magic and Nicole was eager to please and helpful on our big day. We had 150 guests and things went so smooth, I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • veronica

veronica · Married on 10/13/2018

Overall, a dream come true

Everyone at Sawyer Family Farmstead were truthfully so amazing. We planned our wedding from FL and all of our guests repeatedly said "I have no idea how you guys did it." Nicole (Sawyers wedding coordinator / badass superwoman) was AWESOME. Thanks to her, my HUSBAND and I were able to check off all the little details that we would have never remembered to do. Nicole's personal contact list of vendors to choose from were so helpful! If she didn't have her trusty list, it would have added WAY more work for us; we are super grateful. Our guests were non stop raving about the amazing food and gorgeous flowers (shout out to Food Experience and The Blossom Jar!). The farm itself is stunning but honestly if it weren't for Nicole, Sherry and Terry, our wedding wouldn't have been as perfect as it was. THANK YOU LADIES!!!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 19

Kristin · Married on 10/09/2018

An absolute blast!

Our wedding at the Sawyer Family Farmstead was spectacular! The venue itself is beautiful and there are so many different options for wedding packages. All of our guests could not stop talking about how gorgeous the place was and how much fun they had there. As a bride though, the thing that sets this place apart from other places are the people that work here. There are not even words for how amazing Nicole and her team are. Not only are they incredibly professional and super organized, they are so personable and friendly that they make you seem like you're friends from town. They were able to set everything up in the most perfect way and I didn't have to worry about anything. It was pouring the morning of our wedding and they came up with an even better rain plan than the original. The team worked together to bring everyone up to the ceremony site in the rain and the guests had a BLAST! My maid of honor is now looking for a wedding venue in another state and we're realizing just how special and unique of a place Sawyer truly is.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • MillerTime

Katherine · Married on 09/29/2018

Love sff!

Sawyer Family Farmstead is epitome of perfection! This venue is not only stunning, but it has the best team working for it. The views from anywhere on the farmstead are absolutely breathtaking. Also, everyone we met on the venue was so friendly and helpful. Nicole was in charge of most everything for us and we couldnt have asked for anyone better! Our day was flawless and we both attribute that to the professionalism of the SFF team and the venue itself for being perfect.

Sent on 11/02/2018
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 20
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 21

Diana · Married on 09/22/2018

I could not have dreamed up a better location for our wedding. It was straight out of my WILDEST dreams. It was the most beautiful and magical day of our lives. EVERYONE talked about how beautiful sawyer was. The ceremony site view is absolutely breathtaking. We stayed at the farm house for the weekend as well and it was the cutest, coziest farm house in all the land. The best thing about sawyer, however, is the event coordinator- Nicole. My day was perfect because Nicole is, hands down, the greatest coordinator on the planet. She is sweet and kind, helpful and innovative, ready for any and every situation and keeps tabs on EVERYTHING. More importantly, she is there for you. and to take care of you. The DJ, Justin from Sound Extreme, which was also provided in our package, was FANTASTIC!! He kept everyone dancing all night. So many people said this was the best wedding they had ever been to! It was the most perfect day and the absolute best moment of our lives and we owe that to Sawyer Family Farmstead, Nicole and our fantastic wedding team- Ruby Peoples Photography and Jon Warlick Media. Could not say enough wonderful things about our experience!

Sent on 10/12/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/15/2018

I don’t think it’s possible for me to say enough good things about this place! With lots of venues to chose from out there-nothing, and I mean nothing will compare to this beautiful place!! I scrolled online for weeks, when I saw SFF I asked my fiancé if we could go visit-we live 3 1/2 hours away. When arriving we meet Nicole(wedding coordinator),Tom and Myra Sawyer(owners) with open arms.They were so welcoming and have treated us like family ever since. After they showed us around their beathtaking property, I looked at my fiancé with tears in my eyes-he knew I had fell in love and so did he! After we booked a date the planning began.Nicole worked with me throughout the whole process and I am beyond blessed we had her! She was there for us through everything. She also recommended some awesome vendors! Our wedding day turned out just perfect even with Hurricane Florence trying to show up.The rain kept away until after we said “I Do”. They gave our guests cute clear umbrellas and drove them down to the cocktail hour. When we sat down for dinner Keith turned to me and said, “just look at this place-the twinkling lights,candles,greenery and flowers everywhere,our family and friends all together-It’s absolutely beautiful and it’s all because of you!” I smiled at him,agreed and said “it’s all because of Nicole.”Her and all the SSF staff made all our visions come true and more than we could ever imagine! Their dedicated time and attention to detail was so much appreciated and oh so perfect! We’ve been told by our guests how our wedding was one of the most beautiful weddings they have ever been to!One guest even said that if she could do re-do her wedding over it would be just like this!We can not wait to go back to pick out our first Christmas tree as a newlywed couple, reminisce in the beauty and all the wonderful memories that were made. I promise you will fall in love with this place just like we have.Sawyer Family Farmstead is where dreams do come true❤️09.15.18

Sent on 10/06/2018
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 28
  • Rebekah

Rebekah Couch · Married on 09/12/2018

Get married here!

Our wedding day was not the typical. 16 inches of snow tends to complicate things. However, Nicole and all of Sawyer Family Farmstead did an outstanding job making our day a dream come true. Nicole was amazing from the very beginning. She made wedding planning a breeze. I never had to worry about anything. All of SFF welcomed me with open arms the minute I arrived. Nicole and her family took my bridesmaids, photographer, and I night sledding the night before the wedding and Myra rocked my niece during the reception. I had the coolest most unique ride to the ceremony, thanks Tom. These little moments are what makes this place truly special. You will not be just another wedding to them, they genuinely care. Nicole went to great lengths to make our day go on as planned. Everything was perfect. You would have thought we had been planning for 16 inches of snow the whole time. The best advice I can give any brides is, get married here!!! It is the most beautiful venue I've ever seen. There are multiple ceremony sites and all of them are perfect. And there aren't enough words to describe the reception hall. I promise you won't find better people than the people who make up Sawyer Family Farmstead. They will take care of everything so that you can relax and enjoy every moment of your special day. I can't wait to go back every year to get our Christmas tree.

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 33
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 34
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 35

Nicole · Married on 09/02/2018

It is a beautiful venue. Perfect for a wedding. Offers plenty of room for guests to be comfortable. Not only is the natural surroundings amazing but the decor is on point. Nicole Wade is a true professional and she helped to pull off our dream wedding.

Sent on 09/29/2018
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 36

Marcia · Married on 08/25/2018

Could not be happier with our daughter’s beautiful wedding at SFF! Our guests continue to talk about the gorgeous venue. The coordinator, Nicole, was professional, attentive and full of great ideas throughout the planning. Amazing experience!!
    Magical evening!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Kate · Married on 07/01/2018

There are not enough words to describe how incredible this venue is. It’s beyond convenient for all the guests and you truly can’t beat the backdrop for the ceremony. All of our guests kept saying how unique and stunning the whole ceremony and reception were. Nicole, the coordinator is FANTASTIC! She goes above and beyond to make sure your big day goes super smoothly and really takes the time to make your big day so special. I’m so happy we chose this venue and I would have done it over again a million times again! Truly incredible.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/26/2018

I had my wedding at Sawyer Family Farmstead on May 26, 2018. From the moment my husband and I went to look at SFF seven months before our wedding we fell in love. The views are absolutely breathtaking. Our guests thought it was the most gorgeous wedding they had ever been to! The ceremony site sits on top of a hill and looks out over Lake Glenville and the mountains. It even rained during my ceremony and we weren't bothered by it at all. Nicole and Emily helped calm my fears about the weather and everything turned out ok. They were absolutely wonderful to work with. They had cute clear umbrellas at the chairs for my guests and they ran more out to them when it did start raining. By the time my ceremony ended, so did the rain. So have no fear, usually when it rains it passes quickly.

My husband and our wedding party stayed in the farmhouse on the property and also rented one other house across from SFF for three nights. I'd highly recommend doing that, as it was so convenient to be on the property to walk around and figure out spots you want to take pictures at, and oversee the set up for your wedding. Nicole and Emily were so organized and they listened to exactly how I wanted everything to look and how it should flow and then executed those ideas flawlessly. They truly made my dream day not only possible, but they made it come true.

If you are looking for a stunning setting for your wedding look no further. SFF is the perfect choice. From the scenery, to the decorations, to the vendors, to the on-site house, to the wedding planners, SFF has it all! Also, Nicole did my wedding flowers and they were absolutely beautiful!!! It was one of my favorite things of the day (and flowers were my least concern out of everything). I can't recommend SFF enough! Thank you for making my dreams come true! I can't wait to come back to visit!

Sent on 06/16/2018
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 44
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 45
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 46

Alex · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot begin to say enough good things about Sawyer Family Farmstead and their wonderful staff. I first met with Nicole almost two years before our wedding when we began searching for a venue. We only knew we wanted an outdoor venue with beautiful mountains views. We looked at just about every venue that met those requirements and SFF far surpassed them all. Fast forward to the year of the wedding and I began working with Emily, who would be our day of coordinator. Emily did such an amazing job in the months leading up to the wedding and on the actual day. I honestly don't know how people get married without a coordinator. Every little thing that I thought of and so many things that I didn't think of, she was on top of it and far more prepared that I was. I'm so thankful for her and Nicole, who made our entire wedding experience so stress free and wonderful. So many people who came to our wedding said this was one of the most beautiful wedding locations they had ever been to. The view at the ceremony site is just incredible and the reception space makes you feel like you're in a little fairy forest with all the trees and twinkle lights. I just love this place! Thanks for Emily, Nicole, and everyone at SFF for giving us the most magical wedding day ever :)

Sent on 09/06/2018

Nichole · Married on 04/28/2018

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Sawyer Family Farmstead! I seriously would give them 100 stars if I could. We had our wedding here the first weekend of May and all of our friends and family are still bragging about how beautiful it was, from the breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Lake Glenville at the ceremony spot, to the beautiful Christmas trees, to the jaw dropping execution of the decorations at the reception, Nicole and the rest of the SFF crew exceeded any expectation that we had for our wedding day. Thank you guys for making our dreams for the most perfect and magical day come to life. This place is THE place to get married! Nicole was beyond helpful and wonderful throughout the entire wedding experience! Do yourself a favor and get married here. You will NOT be sorry! Thanks again, SFF! We cannot wait to come and visit you guys at the farm for years to come!

Sent on 05/21/2018
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 51
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 52
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 53

Lauren · Married on 04/27/2018

If you are getting married, this is the place to do it. Not only is the venue absolutely stunning, the owners and staff are wonderful. My fiance (at the time) and I lived over an hour away so most of the communication was by phone or email. I was nervous being so far from the venue, but they responded quickly to every question, concern, or idea I had. Our wedding day was PERFECT. Nicole Wade was our day of wedding coordinator and she made our vision come to life and then some. I can not express the special place Sawyer Family Farmstead will forever hold in our hearts or how grateful we are for everyone there who made our wedding so beautiful. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/21/2017

I can't event begin to describe how incredible it was to work with Sawyer Family Farmstead. We saw the venue two years before our wedding date and immediately cancelled all of our other tours. The venue speaks for itself, but the team there is what truly makes the farmstead the perfect place to get married. We got the package that included the unlimited planning and it was 100% worth the money. We worked with Nicole throughout the two years and I can't say enough good things about her. She was so knowledgeable, caring, and professional all the way up until the wedding. On the day of our wedding her and Emily were so organized and had every detail planned out. We didn't even need to think about anything because she had it all planned out including when to eat. Our day was spectacular and we had a blast. We received so many compliments on how gorgeous the venue was and how wonderful the staff were. To anyone considering booking at the SFF, my husband and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/31/2017