Sawyer Family Farmstead Reviews

135 | Glenville, NC

135 Reviews for Sawyer Family Farmstead

Ashlee K. · Getting married on 07/10/2021

Sawyer family farmstead and nicole

The team at Sawyer, led by Nicole were absolutely wonderful to work with in planning our wedding! We were planning from out of state and even before visiting to see how stunning the venue is, I was SOLD on holding our wedding at Sawyer, for one main reason- NOCLE! She was so attentive, easy to work with and came through in so many ways! Planning during covid certainly made things difficult. But because of Nicole we were able to reschedule everything smoothly! She had fantastic vendors to recommend- even at the last minute! Nicole even did our flowers, picking some from the venue! Her team was on point for the day of the wedding and took such great care of our wedding party and our guests! The Sawyer team was sensitive and helpful to our guests with special needs and were able to make suggestions to keep everyone healthy and safe during the pandemic! And with all of that-it looked intentional and elegant at the same time! I couldn't recommend Sawyer enough to make your wedding day dreams come true!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Steven L. · Married on 04/09/2021

The perfect Mountain Venue

Nicole and Sawyer Family Farms made our special day truly memorable. Nicole was a joy to work with throughout the entire wedding process and her and her team were the best people to help us on the day of the wedding. Our guests truly enjoyed themselves at Sawyer and the venue was everything my bride and I dreamed it could be.

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn H. · Married on 11/14/2020

Sawyer Family Farmstead

After visiting with this venue, my fiancé and I really felt like part of the family. We loved the venue and the natural beauty of the mountains. Nicole and her family have done an excellent job and we are so excited to get married here!

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • O

Olivia H. · Married on 10/16/2020

The best venue ever! Nicole was so helpful and SO good at what she does. You can’t beat this venues views, it’s breathtaking. Everyone was so kind too

Best mountain venue ever! 10/10 recommend if you’re looking for elegant rustic and breathtaking views!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Alden

Alden T. · Married on 09/19/2020

Breathtaking views and location, and an even better planning team

When I look back on my wedding day, the one thing I remember the most is walking down the aisle to my soon to be husband in one of the most gorgeous settings I've ever been. Right in the middle of a Christmas tree farm, surrounded by rolling mountains, and with a sweeping view of misty Lake Glenville in the distance, the setting is something straight out of a fairy tale and gives me chills to even think about now.

However, more important than the beauty of the venue, is the wonderful family who runs it and who are the people that will bring your wedding day vision to life. The folks at SFF, specifically Nicole Wade, are just such good people that will go above and beyond to do the right thing, and ultimately they have the same goal as you - they want your day to be a success. Planning a wedding is stressful but the folks are SFF make it so easy. They are true professions who know how to throw the wedding of your dreams and make it look seamless doing it. My wedding planning process was in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, making it certainly not an easy (or remotely stress-free) task. However, SFF exhibited so much flexibility and willingness to adapt to the hurdles that the pandemic threw at us. I can truly say that I don't know if my wedding would have happened in 2020 if I hadn't chosen a venue that was so willing to quickly adapt and to take the necessary steps to ensure that all my guests felt safe and comfortable.

Choosing Sawyer Family Farmstead was hands down the BEST decision I made throughout the wedding planning process and this special place and people made the wedding of our dreams come true.

Sent on 10/14/2020

Catherine C. · Married on 06/20/2020

Couldn't be a better experience!!

COVID bride here! Our wedding plans were complicated to say the least, but Nicole was our champion through the whole process. She was creative in helping us think through the entire weekend, and so understanding. She really put us at ease. She's a very talented planner! The site is absolutely breathtaking. Our guests were in awe at the view. The entire Sawyer team was a joy to work with, and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/09/2020
  • Tiffany

Tiffany T. · Married on 05/16/2020

Views for days!

As soon as my fiancé proposed, I knew I wanted to get married at Sawyer. I met with Nicole on Easter weekend 2019 in the pouring rain, covered in mud, and still knew this venue was for us. Nicole with there to help us every step of the way. Even with the uncertainty that COVID-19 brought, Nicole was calm, cool, and collected the entire way. I did end up changing my date to a later date and Nicole made a change seen effortless. She had a list of vendors that had been at the venue before and I honestly do not regret choosing any of her suggestions. Especially a in light of a pandemic, Sawyer was a perfect indoor/outdoor wetting venue to make a small or large crowd feel like you had a backyard wedding without the hassle. Her team made everything perfect, and I cannot imagine my day anywhere else. The level of expertise and skill this venue has is unparalleled!! You will not regret your day here!

Sent on 01/18/2021

Kerrigan S. · Married on 01/08/2020

the ABSOLUTE best!!!

BEST venue and team you could ask for! Don't be scared off by the initial price, as it seems costly, but is entirely worth it when it comes to your day. We almost didn't even look at the farm because of the pricing, but didn't realize how much was included, comparatively to other venues that charge you for every little thing. Nicole was the absolute best coordinator, especially during COVID season. We had an August wedding and was one the first weddings the farm had, so we hurdled a lot of obstacles, but could not have done it without Nicole. She is very supportive and allows you to do your own thing, but provides feedback from her experiences. On the day of, none of us had to worry about anything at all, as the setup and takedown were also taken care of. The farm is an absolute dream and pictures don't do it any justice! All of our friends and family continuously said that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to, and we felt like we didn't have to do that much due to the natural beauty of the space. It was so fun creating an itinerary for the weekend for all of our guests to enjoy the mountains and take a little vaca away from their homes during this trying time. Could not have asked for a better venue, coordinator, or day. Everything was absolutely perfect!! We plan on going back and picking out our christmas tree in the winter as a tradition, and to say hello to the crew.

Sent on 10/13/2020

Katy H. · Married on 10/18/2019

Wonderful venue and staff!

We had a magical destination wedding at Sawyer Family! They are very organized, have great vendors to recommend to make the process as simple as possible and they help you to meet the vision of your big day!! Nicole was awesome to work with, especially since we are not local, and very helpful with anything we needed. They are very professional and caring! We would recommend them and will for sure go visit them again when we are in the area!!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Ashley F. · Married on 10/17/2019

Pure Magic

Nicole, Marina, and the whole SFF team were incredible and took care of absolutely everything. The packages offered are very inclusive which eliminates a ton of stress when it comes to the details, leading up to and on the big day and they were there every step of the way to make sure everything went smoothly. The venue itself is incredible almost as is, so I didn’t do a ton of flowers or other decoration and it was perfect. I can not recommend SFF enough if you’re looking for an adorable spot nestled in the blue ridge mountains.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Jordan · Married on 10/12/2019

My Wedding at Sawyer Family Farmstead

Sawyer Family Farmstead was AMAZING!!!! not only is the venue absolutely stunning but Nicole was absolutely fabulous and Marina was as well! I am not much of a planner and my wedding weekend could not have been more perfect as everything went BETTER than planned because of Nicole. As soon as we arrived everything was laid out for us and they adapted to my change in opinions regarding the on-site décor. They accommodated all of our guests and even gave my husband and I a ride to the honeymoon cottage at the end of the night. Staying at the farmhouse with our bridal party the days leading up was something I'll always cherish. Nicole was always quick to respond and exceeded my expectations. I give Sawyer Family Farmstead a 10 out of 5 stars! I will forever be thankful for the best weekend of my life because of SFF!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Lynda

Lynda · Married on 10/09/2019

The Best Venue in North Carloina

I can't express how much our daughters wedding at Sawyer Family Farmstead meant to us. Nicole is wonderful from the minute you say hello. the venue has it all. We did her Brides maid Luncheon, rehearsal dinner and the whole wedding on property. The farmhouse was so much fun having the family there for everything. We just walked to all events.
    They do it all. Very professional and yet personal. The price is the best!!!!! Well worth your money.
    Our daughters pictures are going to be beautiful. I never had to worry about anything.
    Thank you to everyone at Sawyer Family Farmstead
    Lynda Mann

Sent on 10/08/2019

Shanna · Married on 09/14/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Everything about our day was absolutely amazing! Nicole is so helpful and had everything ready to go for from the moment we showed up in the morning to the moment we left in our getaway car. She has done this for years and it sure shows - we were able to sit back and enjoy our special day. We have been told by so many people that this is the most amazing wedding they've ever been to - how beautiful it was and how amazing the ceremony and reception was. I would redo this day over and over if I could. If you are even slightly interested- go visit and you'll be hooked!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Alexsandra O. · Married on 09/01/2019

Dreamy / perfect

My wedding at Sawyer was beyond amazing. The venue is absolutely beautiful, nothing tops the mountain views this place has to offer. The wedding planner that works directly for Sawyer, Nicole, made this day run as smooth as possible. Her attention to detail was unbelievable. She made sure we were prepared for our big day and was always making sure we were having a great time, all around an amazing person! Our wedding day was perfect beyond believe. We stayed on property with our family for the weekend at the Farmhouse (which is stunning) and this made our wedding weekend even better! Our guests were amazed with how beautiful our venue was and how well everything was planned/ organized. I got so many “this is the nicest wedding I’ve ever been to” comments. Thank you Sawyer team you made our day so special!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan W. · Married on 08/16/2019

Beautiful!

First of all, as someone who works in the wedding industry, I have to say that for the price/investment, Sawyer Family Farm is an incredible value. Also, the staff there (particularly Marina) are all so lovely to work with. Marina went above and beyond to make our day perfect and she has a heart of gold. Beyond that...the place is completely gorgeous, picture perfect!! We did the elopement package and had a cocktail hour with light food. The food was fantastic!! This is truly a special place. You will not regret having your wedding or event at Sawyer Family Farmstead.

Sent on 09/21/2019

Blair · Married on 08/10/2019

My Dream Mountain Wedding Venue

If you are looking for a venue that offers beautiful mountain views, an amazing rustic feel, and memories that will last you a lifetime look no further. Seriously! Sawyer Family Farmstead is a wedding dream come true.
    I fell in love with Sawyer Family Farmstead the moment I saw them on Wedding Wire. When we went to visit in person I knew this was the wedding venue I dreamed of. Sawyer Family Farmstead is even more beautiful in person!
    Sawyer offers so much more than most venues. You not only have your ceremony at this picturesque location, the reception space is just steps away (through the Christmas trees) as well. We booked the farm house on site so our entire wedding party could stay with us for the weekend! We held our rehearsal dinner at the farmhouse with all our friends and family the night before the wedding.
    I think what completely sold us on booking with Sawyer was Nicole, the moment we met with her we both knew she would do everything possible to make our wedding day perfect. Let me tell you, she exceeded our expectations! Sawyer Family Farmstead is definitely a well oiled machine, every employee there knows exactly how to run a wedding from start to finish. Nicole was with us from first thing in the morning until the every end of the night. She was a absolute dream to work with.
    Every single one of my guests couldn't stop raving about how beautiful this venue was. Many said it was the best wedding they have ever been too! I will never forget my wedding at Sawyer Family Farmstead and was truly the wedding of my dreams. I can't recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Jeff

Jeff · Married on 08/03/2019

Beautiful Venue for a Perfect Day!

Sawyer FF was the most beautiful venue for our perfect day! The ceremony gave a perfect view of the surrounding mountains, towering trees, and the spectacular lake Glenville. The rustic ceremony site was exactly what we were looking for as we shared the special day with all of our closest family and friends. We would highly recommend anyone interested contact Nicole at SFF as she did a great job helping us plan and execute day of.

Sent on 10/04/2019

Arnit K. · Married on 07/06/2019

Great!! We are so psyched

We are so excited to say our IDos here !!!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Rich

Rich G. · Married on 07/06/2019

Perfect Mountain Wedding Venue!

Beautiful venue in a beautiful location; great, friendly staff, and wonderful experience all around!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Anna V. · Married on 05/25/2019

The BEST day ever

Nicole and her team made the whole planning process and wedding day an absolute breeze. Nicole was on top of everything and helped me with each step of the planning process. The day of the wedding was incredible and couldn’t have gone any better. Nicole and the team made us feel completely relaxed and took care of everything. Also, the places on the property that are available for rent are incredible. It made it so easy for my wedding party and family, as well as the honeymoon cottage which was perfect for the night of our wedding. Could not recommend more!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Cara S. · Married on 05/11/2019

Fairytale Wedding

The Sawyer Family Farmstead exceeded all of my expectations! Nicole was so accommodating and made the entire process beyond smooth. It rained all day and they went out of their way to make sure we could have the wedding outside! White glove, first class service all the way through.
    From helping me select vendors to helping plan every detail. Nicole was so organized and having her coordinating was worth every penny. If you want a fairytale, stress free wedding.... Sawyer Family Farmstead is the venue!!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Emily

Emily W. · Married on 03/16/2019

The place to have your wedding

I can't say enough good things about SFF as a venue itself, and their staff. This was the first wedding venue i looked at, and i probably looked at 8 others and none even compared. The venue is so beautiful overlooking lake granville, and all the Christmas trees around. From the start, Nicole, the wedding coordinator was absolutely amazing. She constantly made sure everything was in place and all the little details that i never would've thought about were in place. They were outstanding with communication and provide many recommended vendors that make it easy to find trustworthy and known vendors to provide services at your wedding. Overall I couldn't be happier that I chose to have my wedding at this beautiful place.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Jess B. · Married on 11/12/2018

Wedding Bliss

We had the wedding of our dreams at Sawyer Family Farmstead this November 3rd. The scene was pure magic and Nicole was eager to please and helpful on our big day. We had 150 guests and things went so smooth, I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • veronica

Veronica · Married on 10/13/2018

Overall, a dream come true

Everyone at Sawyer Family Farmstead were truthfully so amazing. We planned our wedding from FL and all of our guests repeatedly said "I have no idea how you guys did it." Nicole (Sawyers wedding coordinator / badass superwoman) was AWESOME. Thanks to her, my HUSBAND and I were able to check off all the little details that we would have never remembered to do. Nicole's personal contact list of vendors to choose from were so helpful! If she didn't have her trusty list, it would have added WAY more work for us; we are super grateful. Our guests were non stop raving about the amazing food and gorgeous flowers (shout out to Food Experience and The Blossom Jar!). The farm itself is stunning but honestly if it weren't for Nicole, Sherry and Terry, our wedding wouldn't have been as perfect as it was. THANK YOU LADIES!!!

Sent on 10/18/2018