Sawyer Family Farmstead Reviews

Sawyer Family Farmstead 6
Sawyer Family Farmstead 7

Jess Baker · Married on 11/12/2018

Wedding Bliss

We had the wedding of our dreams at Sawyer Family Farmstead this November 3rd. The scene was pure magic and Nicole was eager to please and helpful on our big day. We had 150 guests and things went so smooth, I couldn't be happier!

• veronica

veronica · Married on 10/13/2018

Overall, a dream come true

Everyone at Sawyer Family Farmstead were truthfully so amazing. We planned our wedding from FL and all of our guests repeatedly said "I have no idea how you guys did it." Nicole (Sawyers wedding coordinator / badass superwoman) was AWESOME. Thanks to her, my HUSBAND and I were able to check off all the little details that we would have never remembered to do. Nicole's personal contact list of vendors to choose from were so helpful! If she didn't have her trusty list, it would have added WAY more work for us; we are super grateful. Our guests were non stop raving about the amazing food and gorgeous flowers (shout out to Food Experience and The Blossom Jar!). The farm itself is stunning but honestly if it weren't for Nicole, Sherry and Terry, our wedding wouldn't have been as perfect as it was. THANK YOU LADIES!!!

Sawyer Family Farmstead 15
  • MillerTime

Katherine · Married on 09/29/2018

Love sff!

Sawyer Family Farmstead is epitome of perfection! This venue is not only stunning, but it has the best team working for it. The views from anywhere on the farmstead are absolutely breathtaking. Also, everyone we met on the venue was so friendly and helpful. Nicole was in charge of most everything for us and we couldnt have asked for anyone better! Our day was flawless and we both attribute that to the professionalism of the SFF team and the venue itself for being perfect.

Sawyer Family Farmstead 16
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 17

Diana · Married on 09/22/2018

I could not have dreamed up a better location for our wedding. It was straight out of my WILDEST dreams. It was the most beautiful and magical day of our lives. EVERYONE talked about how beautiful sawyer was. The ceremony site view is absolutely breathtaking. We stayed at the farm house for the weekend as well and it was the cutest, coziest farm house in all the land. The best thing about sawyer, however, is the event coordinator- Nicole. My day was perfect because Nicole is, hands down, the greatest coordinator on the planet. She is sweet and kind, helpful and innovative, ready for any and every situation and keeps tabs on EVERYTHING. More importantly, she is there for you. and to take care of you. The DJ, Justin from Sound Extreme, which was also provided in our package, was FANTASTIC!! He kept everyone dancing all night. So many people said this was the best wedding they had ever been to! It was the most perfect day and the absolute best moment of our lives and we owe that to Sawyer Family Farmstead, Nicole and our fantastic wedding team- Ruby Peoples Photography and Jon Warlick Media. Could not say enough wonderful things about our experience!

Nicole · Married on 09/02/2018

It is a beautiful venue. Perfect for a wedding. Offers plenty of room for guests to be comfortable. Not only is the natural surroundings amazing but the decor is on point. Nicole Wade is a true professional and she helped to pull off our dream wedding.

Sawyer Family Farmstead 18

Marcia · Married on 08/25/2018

Could not be happier with our daughter’s beautiful wedding at SFF! Our guests continue to talk about the gorgeous venue. The coordinator, Nicole, was professional, attentive and full of great ideas throughout the planning. Amazing experience!!
    Magical evening!

Kate · Married on 07/01/2018

There are not enough words to describe how incredible this venue is. It’s beyond convenient for all the guests and you truly can’t beat the backdrop for the ceremony. All of our guests kept saying how unique and stunning the whole ceremony and reception were. Nicole, the coordinator is FANTASTIC! She goes above and beyond to make sure your big day goes super smoothly and really takes the time to make your big day so special. I’m so happy we chose this venue and I would have done it over again a million times again! Truly incredible.

Lauren · Married on 05/26/2018

I had my wedding at Sawyer Family Farmstead on May 26, 2018. From the moment my husband and I went to look at SFF seven months before our wedding we fell in love. The views are absolutely breathtaking. Our guests thought it was the most gorgeous wedding they had ever been to! The ceremony site sits on top of a hill and looks out over Lake Glenville and the mountains. It even rained during my ceremony and we weren't bothered by it at all. Nicole and Emily helped calm my fears about the weather and everything turned out ok. They were absolutely wonderful to work with. They had cute clear umbrellas at the chairs for my guests and they ran more out to them when it did start raining. By the time my ceremony ended, so did the rain. So have no fear, usually when it rains it passes quickly.

My husband and our wedding party stayed in the farmhouse on the property and also rented one other house across from SFF for three nights. I'd highly recommend doing that, as it was so convenient to be on the property to walk around and figure out spots you want to take pictures at, and oversee the set up for your wedding. Nicole and Emily were so organized and they listened to exactly how I wanted everything to look and how it should flow and then executed those ideas flawlessly. They truly made my dream day not only possible, but they made it come true.

If you are looking for a stunning setting for your wedding look no further. SFF is the perfect choice. From the scenery, to the decorations, to the vendors, to the on-site house, to the wedding planners, SFF has it all! Also, Nicole did my wedding flowers and they were absolutely beautiful!!! It was one of my favorite things of the day (and flowers were my least concern out of everything). I can't recommend SFF enough! Thank you for making my dreams come true! I can't wait to come back to visit!

Sawyer Family Farmstead 19
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 26
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 27
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 28

Alex · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot begin to say enough good things about Sawyer Family Farmstead and their wonderful staff. I first met with Nicole almost two years before our wedding when we began searching for a venue. We only knew we wanted an outdoor venue with beautiful mountains views. We looked at just about every venue that met those requirements and SFF far surpassed them all. Fast forward to the year of the wedding and I began working with Emily, who would be our day of coordinator. Emily did such an amazing job in the months leading up to the wedding and on the actual day. I honestly don't know how people get married without a coordinator. Every little thing that I thought of and so many things that I didn't think of, she was on top of it and far more prepared that I was. I'm so thankful for her and Nicole, who made our entire wedding experience so stress free and wonderful. So many people who came to our wedding said this was one of the most beautiful wedding locations they had ever been to. The view at the ceremony site is just incredible and the reception space makes you feel like you're in a little fairy forest with all the trees and twinkle lights. I just love this place! Thanks for Emily, Nicole, and everyone at SFF for giving us the most magical wedding day ever :)

Nichole · Married on 04/28/2018

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Sawyer Family Farmstead! I seriously would give them 100 stars if I could. We had our wedding here the first weekend of May and all of our friends and family are still bragging about how beautiful it was, from the breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Lake Glenville at the ceremony spot, to the beautiful Christmas trees, to the jaw dropping execution of the decorations at the reception, Nicole and the rest of the SFF crew exceeded any expectation that we had for our wedding day. Thank you guys for making our dreams for the most perfect and magical day come to life. This place is THE place to get married! Nicole was beyond helpful and wonderful throughout the entire wedding experience! Do yourself a favor and get married here. You will NOT be sorry! Thanks again, SFF! We cannot wait to come and visit you guys at the farm for years to come!

Sawyer Family Farmstead 29
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 30
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 31
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 32
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 33
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 34
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 35

Lauren · Married on 04/27/2018

If you are getting married, this is the place to do it. Not only is the venue absolutely stunning, the owners and staff are wonderful. My fiance (at the time) and I lived over an hour away so most of the communication was by phone or email. I was nervous being so far from the venue, but they responded quickly to every question, concern, or idea I had. Our wedding day was PERFECT. Nicole Wade was our day of wedding coordinator and she made our vision come to life and then some. I can not express the special place Sawyer Family Farmstead will forever hold in our hearts or how grateful we are for everyone there who made our wedding so beautiful. Thank you so much!

Samantha · Married on 10/21/2017

I can't event begin to describe how incredible it was to work with Sawyer Family Farmstead. We saw the venue two years before our wedding date and immediately cancelled all of our other tours. The venue speaks for itself, but the team there is what truly makes the farmstead the perfect place to get married. We got the package that included the unlimited planning and it was 100% worth the money. We worked with Nicole throughout the two years and I can't say enough good things about her. She was so knowledgeable, caring, and professional all the way up until the wedding. On the day of our wedding her and Emily were so organized and had every detail planned out. We didn't even need to think about anything because she had it all planned out including when to eat. Our day was spectacular and we had a blast. We received so many compliments on how gorgeous the venue was and how wonderful the staff were. To anyone considering booking at the SFF, my husband and I highly recommend them.

Sawyer Family Farmstead 36

Jackie · Married on 10/07/2017

I got married and had my reception at Sawyer Family Farmstead and it was incredible. This is a place that we will continue to visit and forever be grateful for. Nicole is amazing to work with. She made sure that everything was going as planned and her attention to detail is incredible. She really killed it with everything for our ceremony and wedding as well as the planning leading up to the big day! It was stress free as she was able to handle all of the day of details and so much of the planning in the months prior to our big day. The venue itself is gorgeous overlooking the lake with the beautiful pergola and reception barn. All of the details throughout the farm are beautiful. We are so grateful to have found Sawyer Family Farmstead and highly, highly recommend them!

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2017

I have always wanted a Fall mountain wedding, so when Trey and I started looking for venues around Asheville we were extremely excited. We visited multiple venues and nothing felt "right". Our last stop of our trip was to Sawyer Family Farmstead. On the drive up for our meeting with Myra we both looked at each other and said "No Way". There was no airport nearby; no hotels nearby; no easy road to drive up and we considered calling and cancelling our meeting. Not cancelling that meeting was the best decision we have ever made! Once we arrived at the farmstead we were blown away. It was as if we had been transported in to a fairy tale storybook. Everything had been thought of. It was magical and we were SMITTEN! We took one look at the ceremony site and immediately said "if we have no one come to our wedding that is fine, but this is the place!" On the day of the wedding everything was even more magical that we remembered. Nicole and Myra made us feel like a part of their family and went WELL above the standard protocol for a wedding vendor. Now, a few weeks out looking back I am still in awe of how spectacular our wedding really was. We are still receiving phone calls daily to tell us how magical and perfect the venue was. It is hard to put in to words just how blessed we feel to have stumbled upon such a gem. I believe it was absolute FATE that brought Trey and I to the Sawyer Family Farmstead. I have said this before and I truly mean it -- we could not have spent one million dollars on a wedding and received anything better than what we did on October 6th. I want to thank Nicole, Emily, Tom and Myra for taking all of my stress away and truly giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Sawyer Family Farmstead 37
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 45
    Sawyer Family Farmstead 46
  • Angel

Angel · Married on 09/30/2017

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to be married at, Sawyer Family Farm is so beautiful & amazing. We love that that we were able to have the ceremony & reception at the same place with gorgeous and outstanding views overlooking the lake and being private. Nicole and her assistants coordinated everything, making our special bid day very enjoyable and relaxing. From the beginning, Nicole was responsive and excellent to work with. Great vendors list! Everything ran so smoothly; we couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Highly recommend this venue for your special day, SFF is rustic & elegant.

Sawyer Family Farmstead 47

Jeanne · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot say enough good things about this amazing venue and Nicole at SFF who made the day flow effortlessly. The venue is spectacular, from the outdoor ceremony area to the not so rustic barn where the reception is held. It truly makes your wedding something out of a fairy tale. All you have to do is look at photos from weddings that have taken place here to see how unique and truly spectacularly beautiful it is. As the mother of the bride who lives in California, Nicole could not have made the planning easier or the day of go off so effortlessly. I could just sit back and enjoy the day when my baby girl got married. My entire family (including the bride and groom) could not have been happier. Just look at the photos (jackie and drew) it was amazing.

nancy · Married on 09/02/2017

I found Sawyer Family Farmstead to be an outstanding wedding venue. Everything ran smoothly and beautifully. It was truly magical. Our guests commented often that evening that it was one the best weddings they had ever been to. I can't thank Nicole and her staff enough for their hardwork and efficiency. Nancy

Mia · Married on 09/02/2017

This venue is highly rated for a reason. Not only is the natural setting breath-taking, you can tell the owners and staff put in 1000% effort to make your special day as perfect as humanely possible. They went above and beyond to exceed my expectations and my day was flawless. This family is down to earth and great to work with!

Sawyer Family Farmstead 48
  • Z

Zackery · Married on 09/02/2017

Our day went so perfectly. Nicole coordinated with all the vendors and made sure our photographer and videographer weren't stepping on each others toes. The DJ they can include in the package, sound extreme, is also very professional and gave us all the specific things we asked for and even had some modern remixes of old classics that we love that really got the dance floor moving. Ive not seen a more gorgeous outdoor venue anywhere and the setting of the pergola overlooking the lake is unbeatable by my estimation. I know its something everyone says, but the amount of guests that said, "no, really, that was the best wedding ive ever been to," was staggering. This venue is not to miss! Thanks, Sawyer Family!

Deb · Married on 08/19/2017

Words cannot express how wonderful Sawyer Family Farmstead is as a wedding venue! Owned by Tom and Myra Sawyer, a couple so full of love and kindness, our daughter's wedding was planned/choreographed by their daughter, Nicole, with help from Emily. I mention all four because each one of them made sure every detail was perfect in an atmosphere of love, joy, and ease. Nicole is a force not to be believed! Her attention to every single aspect of the wedding day is unparalleled, never appearing to be anything but calm, happy to accommodate, and genuinely joyful about her work. The actual physical venue is so beautiful, again with such attention to the smallest details. We were blessed with incredible weather, so the marriage ceremony on the mountaintop was extraordinary! The rehearsal dinner also took place there and was equally well done by their staff! We are so grateful to everyone there and highly, highly recommend them!!

Heather · Married on 08/19/2017

Whether being proposed to in the pouring down rain after cutting down a Christmas tree to getting married basked in the warm sunshine on the pergola overlooking the sparkling blue Lake Glenville and the mountains, SFF was a dream come true! We could not have picked a more beautiful space to share these special moments at or more wonderful people to work with. Nicole, Myra, Tom and Emily - you are every bride's dream team! Every detail was executed to perfection, and you were so accommodating to our requests and readily available throughout the whole planning process to help answer questions and weigh-in on decisions. Many of our guests said it was the most magical wedding they've ever been to and could not say enough wonderful things about the venue. Chris and I wish we could come back and do it all over again as a guest! It truly was the best day of our lives. SFF is a special place run by special people. We plan to come back to each year to celebrate our anniversary with a SFF Christmas tree.

Katherine · Married on 08/13/2017

If you are thinking about Sawyer Family Farmstead for your wedding or event please just go for it! Nicole, Myra, and Tom are the best hosts for your special day and will go above and beyond to ensure that it is spectacular. My husband and I are from Charleston, SC and Nicole and her support staff were professional, prompt, and so helpful in planning a wedding from another state. The farm itself is breathtaking and has everything you need to choose from to help make your wedding uniquely represent you and your significant other. You do not have to worry about rental companies and surprise fees or a tent if it rains. They have you covered! On top of this, Nicole was the best day of coordinator I could have imagined! So if you are trying to decide on a venue, save your energy and just book Sawyer Family Farmstead, you will be so happy you did.

molly · Married on 08/12/2017

Sawyer Family Farm is the best place to get married! The venue is beautiful and Nicole is amazing! They all made sure everything was perfect on my wedding day!

• Heather

Heather · Married on 07/22/2017

Our day was literally perfect thanks to Nicole and the Sawyer Team. Everything was customized to exactly how we wanted and to fit our budget, and I could not have asked for a single thing to be better. From decorating to flowers to schedule to last minute decisions, Nicole is the best!!!! Thank you so much for our amazing day. We never wanted it to end.