Sarasota Catering Company Reviews

224 | Sarasota, FL

224 Reviews for Sarasota Catering Company

We booked the Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding reception on Longboat Key and we were extremely happy with our decision. The team was super professional and friendly. The food looked great and was delicious.

We organized everything via email and phone from Europe and the team was very helpful and easy to communicate with.

Overall, we highly recommend the Sarasota Catering Company for all kind of events.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Leokadia · Married on 04/30/2016

Allison was wonderful and very helpful. The food was excellent, our guests loved it. Our wedding was on the boat, so we had hors d'Oeuvre for guests. The stuff did exceptional job, they were very friendly, very accommodating with great attitude.

Sent on 05/22/2016

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Thanks Leokadia. We wish you and Mark the best!

Drew · Married on 04/09/2016

We had the most amazing wedding thanks to Allison and her team! Not only did the guests rave about the food and set up, but the staff helped with our decor and re-set the room/patio during the night to accommodate windy weather. We will definitely use them for our next event! Thank you Allison and team for making my special day stress free and beautiful!

Sent on 04/15/2016

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Thank you for the review Drew! I ran into a tennis friend who was at your wedding (Sonja)...she said she had a great time! Best wishes to you and Mike!

Juliann · Married on 03/19/2016

Allison answered all of my questions promptly and thoroughly. She helped me to decide the menu items to be served and contacted the rental vendors for me when needed. Her staff is excellent! Very accommodating and helpful! I will definitely be using them in the future!

Sent on 03/22/2016

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Thanks Juliann! You were an absolute pleasure to work with!

Taylor · Married on 03/19/2016

Sashi was amazing! She helped out so much with our wedding! From answering all my questions and giving me pointers I was extremely happy with choosing her and this company. We had a free tasting that was amazing! It was set up very nicely. We chose the Chicken Marsala with Fettucine Alfredo, Caesar salad, garlic bread, veggies, and the potatoes for our menu. It was all so yummy! All of our guests and ourselves really enjoyed the food. The staff was amazing! We were waited on hand and foot, and everyone had smiles. It was extremely easy and pleasant to work with Sarasota catering company. I would highly rexcomend them!

Sent on 03/24/2016

Camielle · Married on 03/12/2016

I am so so happy we chose to use Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding. We wanted a vendor that was near our venue, the Sarasota Garden Club (who were so happy we were using them because they also like working with SSCC and recommend them as a preferred vendor), and we wanted someone relatively affordable, and who had a decent variety of choices. Well the amount of menu options blew us away from the start compared to other catering menus we had looked at. They were able to convert some dishes to vegan/gluten free for some of our guests but no one even knew the difference but raved about how good it was and that they loved the wide variety of options. Sashi was so easy to work with and helped us make decisions where we were clueless and make sure we didn't need to spend more money than was necessary. I made changes all the up until a week or so before the wedding and Sashi had no problem making changes to the menu or layout. She asked questions about details that had never occurred to us. Everything went very smoothly on Saturday it was a truly lovely day. Everyone said the food was great and presentation was beautiful. The staff were great they checked with me to see if I needed anything and were very fast with getting the cake out. It was very sweet of them to have boxed food up for us and then bring out to our car at the end, especially because we really only barely nibbled there so we devoured the food when we got home. My sister told me that after we left break down went very smooth and quickly. I know everyone was around all day but I tell you I barely noticed everything was just so seamless. Thank you and you and your staff so much for making our wedding such a lovely day that went without a hitch and without worry.

Sent on 03/19/2016

Jessica · Married on 03/11/2016

I am currently working with Allison from Sarasota Catering Company and am so impressed with her professionalism! Sarasota Catering company is super flexible with changing the menu as many times as you like and getting just what you need for your wedding. I highly recomend them!

Sent on 05/03/2015

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Jessica...it was such a pleasure to work with you and Elliot! Please keep in touch.

Megan · Married on 03/11/2016

I can't thank SSCC enough! Outstanding, outstanding service! Sashi was instrumental in every detail from patiently answering all of our questions and concerns from day 1, 6 months ago though to packing up our car with loads of leftovers and all of the things we personally brought to the venue. Sashi and her staff really rocked it and it made our big day beyond amazing and we are so grateful!

Sent on 03/13/2016

Mary · Married on 03/11/2016

3-11-16
    Allison was great to work with through entire process. The food, service at the reception and Allisons day of coordination were exceptional. We received numerous compliments from the guests.

Sent on 03/19/2016

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

I just loved helping with this wedding!

Debra · Married on 03/05/2016

I interviewed a few companies before choosing Sarasota Catering and my decision was based on the fact that Allison Whitten was accommodating, patient and very understanding. Even before I had made my decision Allison made me feel at peace. Through the entire process Allison comforted and gave so much advice about everything.
    The presentation of the venue, the decorations and coordination of everything was on point. The quality of the food and the assistance that was provided made our day beautiful. I recommend Sarasota Company to any couple who want to feel at peace during all of chaos.

Sent on 04/15/2016

blair · Married on 02/19/2016

I cannot tell you what a GREAT experience it was working with Sashi Twaragowski! She was so helpful with suggestions and ideas and it was pretty amazing that we did all of our planning without even meeting in person!
    The menu was perfect and the food was delicious! So many people asked who put this together and I was very happy to give them your name and Sarasota Catering Company!
    Now to Lance Gillete - what a GREAT guy! Thank you so much for sending him! He was superb! Not only was he so professional but he was my calming factor - as soon as he hit the house I was able to relax and know that I was in good hands

Sent on 02/27/2016

Daniela · Married on 01/23/2016

The Sarasota Catering Company did a phenomenal job with our wedding. We are so thankful for how it turned out at the begin to the end. It was so beautiful. All I can say is Sashi was on top of everything. She is what my mom calls her "Jennifer Lopez wedding planner" she did an amazing job and we recommend her to everyone out there who is getting married. She is a 5 she is the best and I promise you, you'll be very happy with her. The Sarasota Catering Company is the best company and we recommend this company to everyone. The food is excellent, the bar was great, and the workers were on top. They all dressed so professional and loving and everyone was very content how it all turned out.
    To thank everyone I want to say I had the best beautiful amazing breath taking wedding!
    Thank you for making this the best wedding!
    Thank you Sarasota Catering Company for all your help and making our wedding a dream come true. Everything was perfect !!!!

Sent on 02/08/2016
  • User6248780 · event on: 01/17/2016

Allison, I am writing with feedback regarding the celebration of life catering that you helped coordinate for our family. Lance was a very professional friendly and competent server when he arrived he got right to work set up a beautiful table and also a beverage station for us. After the event he carefully boxed all the leftovers and left everything in very good shape. Of course I live outstate but If I have any ability to do so I would recommend Sarasota catering 100%. Please let Lance know how happy we were with all he did for our family celebration of life on Sunday Jan 17th, and thank you too, for coordinating and recommending items. The food was beyond our expectation...delicious and beautifully presented. Keep up the wonderful work!

Sent on 01/22/2016
  • W

William · Married on 01/01/2016

Sasha at Sarasota Catering was a great help. The service was excellent. The day of the wedding the staff serving the reception was excellent. The food got rave reviews from the wedding guests. Highly recommend

Sent on 01/05/2016

Corey · Married on 12/18/2015

We had our wedding in December of 2015 at The Ringling Museum in Sarasota and couldn't be happier with our choice of using Sarasota Catering for our wedding. They provided excellent and impeccable service and helped us every step of the way. Sahsi, our coordinator, was a godsend. We hired her to be the day-of-planner as well, but was basically our wedding planner the whole time and helped us every step along the way. She helped pick up color schemes, design the setup, helped us pick out food and everything. The company also provided us with a food tasting event with other couple to help us decide our menu, which was extremely helpful. Sashi went above and beyond to always answer our silly and excessive questions nearly any time of day, helping my wife to remain as stress-free as possible. We would highly recommend the company but also Sashi specifically if you're looking for stress free wedding planning and day with everything you need.

Corey and Katherine Sherman

Sent on 02/21/2016

Dr. Kathy · event on: 12/13/2015

This is the second we had Sarasota Catering host our corporate event. The staff is amazing--from Sashi who prepared our requests and made great suggestions, to the way Sarasota Catering handled tent and centerpiece details, to the service staff who manned the event. Everything was absolutely perfect. Thank you Sarasota Catering.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Josh · Married on 12/12/2015

Where to start... Allison is AMAZING!!!!! We chose Sarasota Catering company to cater our wedding and also hired Allison as the coordinator. Allison completely blew us away. She went above and beyond. We met with her several times to go over the menu and venue. The entire wedding went off without a hitch. We seriously can't find one thing to complain about. I can't say what a relief it was to know everything was taken care of and that my bride wasn't stressing out or worried. We really can't thank you enough, Allison is very very very highly recommended! <3 Josh & Sheena <3

Sent on 12/21/2015

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Fabulous couple! And wonderful wedding! I can't wait for your next adventure!

Helena · Married on 12/10/2015

Hi
    I planned my distance beach wedding all the way from UK to have it on Lido Beach (Sarasota, Florida), I decided to plan it without a wedding planner because of cost reasons and really didn't know where to start. I found myself in a big challenge to plan it all myself until I found Allison from Sarasota Catering Company. She was an angel she was so friendly and helpful and gave me always a good feeling that everything will be just as I imagine it to be. Weeks after weeks I had new things to worry about I needed contact information about florist, tent, lights... but which to choose? Good that I had Allison she always took the extra step to help even it didn't really had anything to do with her and the catering company. That's why I knew I was in best hands!
    And then the day came and it was amazing everything was just PERFECT my dream came true, the food was really nice too and the service was excellent. The Sarasota Catering Company team was so lovely and professional they gave you the feeling they just know what they are doing and seemed to enjoy it as well to be a part of your wedding day.
    I would recommend SARASOTA CATERING COMPANY and ALLISON to everyone!!!! So glad I found them!

Sent on 12/25/2015

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Helena!

Ashley · Married on 11/14/2015

Although my wedding has not occured yet, I felt it necessary to write a review for Sarasota Catering Company. The reason I say this is, although they are a catering company, the have been immensely helpful in planning my wedding. Sashi from the company has basically worked as a wedding planner to help me, even though this is not at all her "paid" job to be done for me. She has been phenomenal! When my wedding venue fell through, Sashi came to my rescue immediately. She helped me stay calm even though there was a short amount of time and also helped me stay within budget as much as possible. Anytime I have needed something changed, had a question, or been in a predicament about the wedding, she has answered emails, calls, and messages. After the wedding reception, I will review them again based on their catering services, but for now, their helpfulness, informativeness, and just genuine care for a bride's wedding day and experience is impeccable. This is not the service they intend to provide, but have gone above and beyond for my out of town wedding and wedding day to run smoothly even before offering any catering services. Hats off to you Sarasota Catering Company. Worth every penny.

Sent on 08/15/2015

Alisha · Married on 11/08/2015

We had a intimate wedding with the reception in a beach house. We hired Sarasota Catering Company after a sample tasting a few months prior! We had decided on the carribean package and we were blown away on every level! The food was amazing, not 1 dish was bad and what we couldn't finish that night was quickly finished the next day. The server went way beyond our expectations. I could write all day about how amazing and professional this company was but I will just say my wedding night went so smooth largely due to the catering. If you are looking for a catering company look no further, this is it!!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Becca · Married on 11/07/2015

We got married on saturday and I was super impressed with Sashi and her team!! Everything was set up perfecting when we arrived from our reception and I especially loved that they had assigned a staff member to make sure that me and my husband got food and stayed hydrated throughout the reception!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Sashi is amazing. I'd like to hire her for life. She is so organized, so flexible, kind, professional, and really listens.

The food: everyone at the wedding raved about it saying it was "the best ____" for almost everything. My husband, a chef, is pretty picky and he had no complaints about the preparation, presentation, or flavor of anything.

The drinks: we were able to buy our own alcohol and only pay for the bartender and bar set-up. This greatly reduced our costs. However, the bartender is probably my only real complaint. We had Amy. She wasn't using the shaker for my signature drink, which I understand bc of time and quantity but it really wasn't as good as it could have been. She also put out a tip jar when her tip was already calculated in and we had to have the banquet captain remove it.

The rentals: SCC managed all of our rentals and delivered on time. The beers weren't poured into pilsners like we asked and they forgot our champagne flutes and they were under-pouring the champagne. Again, this is a bartender issue and not specific to SCC.

The service: ON POINT. First, TINA is the best! She was our banquet captain and personal server. That woman deserves a raise. She even helped me out of the car (!) and was always there with a drink in hand for me. Love her. The rest of the staff was also super attentive and the guests were pleased. We were one of the first family-style services they had and they were great, even a bit overly attentive! And the set-up of furniture was quicker than expected. We even got a refund because the servers were able to work half an hour less than anticipated.

They truly made this event the best it could have been. I would hire SCC for ANY future catering. The group tasting was lovely, we could bring them any recipe or food and they'd serve it or make it, and it was a dream. I would recommend again and again.

Sent on 11/06/2015
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 10/17/2015

We used SCC for our wedding on October 17th. From the moment we requested a quote till the very last minute of the wedding this company was fantastic. Allison was such a pleasure to work with. She was so nice and attentive to all my needs, Lance and the staff was all very professional and friendly. Our guest had nothing but great things to say about the food and staff. I would recommend Sarasota Catering to everyone!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2015

I can't put into words on HOW AMAZING Sarasota Catering Company was with our Wedding in October of 2015 located at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens. We hired SCC to be our caterer but they turned out to be SO MUCH MORE than just that. I have checked that they also did our lighting (Affairs in the air actually did them, PS they were amazing as well - side note, they actually came to the location when they knew we were going to be there and talked us through every location of the beautiful cafe bulbs, wrapped tree lights and canned lights). Sarasota Catering Company worked with Affairs in the Air for us as a contact and we even paid them through the same contract as SCC, one bill was very nice! They also worked with US Tent Rental for us for our chairs, feasting tables (so recommend!) and linens. SSC even told us when the other companies were having specials and those were the times we needed to put in our order for those items.
    I can go on and on about how amazing and special they made us feel, AIMEE and SASHI were the best people to work with, Sashi helped us from day one on planning and getting everything booked and contracted, and Aimee was our day of coordinator but turned into our week of savor! Both were always willing to help and not more than an email or phone call away!! Not only did they work well with us, our crazy family and each other but it felt like they truly had strong relationships with all the vendors we worked with!!

Sent on 11/07/2015

All I have to say is Allison Whitten is an amazing person and a definite reason to book with Sarasota Catering Company in addition to their delicious food and great catering staff. I had the best experience with Allison as she is so easy to work with and responsive. Catering is a huge expense for a wedding and Allison was there to help with decisions and keep me calm and confident which my choices up until the big day. She walked my venue with me and offered tons of great suggestions. For day of her staff was great! There was an easy flow they were helpful with all set up for the venue and I could not have been happier. The mac and cheese bar and mash potato bar were a huge hit! Loved Sarasota Catering Company!

Sent on 11/09/2015