Sarasota Catering Company Reviews

224 | Sarasota, FL

224 Reviews for Sarasota Catering Company

Corinne · Married on 11/11/2017

I really can't say enough. I am actually currently on my honeymoon but I wanted to say how happy I am with my catering choice. Sashi was very thorough throughout my wedding process. I later also booked Kelly as my planner through the company and she was amazing as well. The Sarasota catering company knew what they were doing and had questions for me that I wouldn't have thought of to make my day special. I emailed Sashi back and forth more then any of my vendors. So if you want a company who works for you beyond anything you have imagined then the Sarasota catering company is for sure the company to hire!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Thank you so much, Cori!! You were a dream to work with:) Have an amazing time on your honeymoon! Best wishes, Sashi xoxo

Alexis · Married on 11/11/2017

First off, I chose Sarasota Catering Company because they were the first to respond back and let me tell you, I am SOO glad we did. Sashi is hands down the best thing ever!! She was there for every question and change to the menu and trust me, I had plenty of them. I would HIGHLY recommend this company. People are still raving how great the food was. Plus, Miguel was on top of everything with a huge smile on his face. Everyone should get the Kennedy Package!! Thank you Sashi for making my day all about me and completely stress free. I can not thank you enough!!

Sent on 03/22/2018

brittany · Married on 10/28/2017

Sashi and her team were amazing. Hiring their team for my wedding was the best money I spent for my wedding. If you have Sashi on your side your wedding will be fabulous.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Brittany! You were stunning from head to toe:) Thank you so much for letting me be apart of your very special day!! All the best, Sashi xoxo

Rob · Married on 10/22/2017

Sashi and the rest of Sarasota Catering Company were a dream to deal with. We planned our wedding remotely with lots of changes and several people in the planning process. We had special considerations to make, and a few last minute hiccups where other vendors had to cancel on us. Sashi and SCC smoothed out communication issues and ran a great event that our guests were raving about. I would absolutely recommend them, and would pick them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Rob, that was so sweet! Thank you for this great review. Robin was absolutely stunning! I wish you both the very best! Sashi, xoxo

Lindsay · Married on 10/21/2017

I was the MOH for my Sister and Sashi at SCC was a dream to work with. From the tasting to the final final final draft of the contract she was helpful and understanding during it all.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Lindsey! Thank you so much, I LOVED working with you and your sister! Can't wait for those fabulous pictures:) Sashi, xoxo

Holly · Married on 10/07/2017

Great staff! Very kind, professional and down to earth. Always attentive! Guests complimented the freshness and flavor of the wedding reception appetizers, then the dinner followed by brunch the following day. Very positive experience. Much Gratitude, gracias

Sent on 10/30/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Holly!! I'm so glad the fresh Cod was a hit:)

Sujatha · Married on 09/03/2017

Hi , it's been about 1 month since we got married and I'm still so happy with how our wedding went , this is in part to Sarasota catering, Sashi was great in ensuring success to our event!. Planning with them was great even with the outside catering they were accommodating , friendly and dedicated to making sure every one of our guests was taken care of. IF you need anyone for your event you should definitely use Sarasota catering !!!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Thank you so much Suja for this fabulous review!!! Wishing you all the happiness life brings your way. Sashi, xoxo

Jeff · Married on 08/19/2017

Everything was Awesome from start to finish
    Really easy to deal with and eager to accommodate!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Gina · Married on 08/05/2017

Sashi and her team were awesome! Absolutely the best money we spent. She was wonderful and words cannot express how grateful I will always be for giving my daughter and her husband the perfect sunset wedding. She handled difficult vendors, decorating, and coordinating the whole process from beginning to end. It was truly magical. The food was delicious and the service was incredible. Miguel was fantastic. It was all I dreamed it would be for them and it couldn't have ever happened without Sashi at Sarasota Catering.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

GINA! Thank you so much, I do miss our phone conversations! I was honored to be apart of Jade and Zac's wedding. I know Miguel feels the same way. Truly happy for the both of them, Sashi xoxo

Heidi · Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and I used Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding on May 6, 2017! Sarasota Catering Company exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The staff made sure that myself and my husband got to try the appetizers and continued to bring us drinks while we were away doing photos. Our wedding guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and how pleasant everyone on the Catering staff was. Sashi was our day of Coordinator and hands down the best! We could not have had such an amazing, well organized wedding without the help of Sashi. Sashi was responsive days before the wedding when other vendors where requestion additional items and little changes had to be made. Sashi helped us on rehearsal night instructing the wedding party on order and providing us with information on traditional weddings and how to conduct the ceremony. Sashi stuck to our timeline and made the whole day and evening run smoothly. Sashi made sure that we had to go boxes of food, which was a request from us, to take back to our hotel that evening. Sashi set up all our DIY wedding decor and communicated with all vendors. The venue we rented had strict rules requiering us to be out within an hour after the reception. After send off my family said they came back inside the reception area and it was already 75% cleaned up and that they got out of there in time and everyone was very satisified with the clean up experience. We highly recommend Sarasota Catering Company and Sashi as the day of coordinator.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Heidi, you are the absolute sweetest! You are such a beautiful person inside and out. Thank you for letting me be apart of your very special day!

Abby · Married on 05/06/2017

This was a destination wedding for us making some of the decisions difficult for us not being able to taste or physically see them. However they were very flexible and made everything as simple as possible for us. They provided all of our linens, tables, food, etc. And we all know how cutting down on vendors can be a huge blessing when planning a wedding. The food was amazing, and that's coming from a picky eater.. I believe the price for their services and food was extremely favorable. I would highly recommend using this company for any catering event!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Thank you for this fabulous review!

Sally · Married on 04/01/2017

I spent the majority of my wedding planning on the catering, it was so important to me. I was also planning my Florida beach wedding from Indiana. Needless to say, I wasn't available for tastings or in person menu planning. I never got to meet Rita in person, but she was ALWAYS on top of her e-mails. We spoke a few times on the phone as well. She was incredibly dedicated to helping me plan my menu.

I had communicated with a few other catering companies before I found Sarasota Catering Co. I would request a quote, and what I would receive back would be completely different than what I'd asked for. I can understand "up-selling", but it was getting frustrating. From the very first e-mail I received back from Rita, I knew that I was finished with my search.

I changed my menu MULTIPLE times and at the beginning I was convinced that I didn't need staffing. She never pressured me to change that, but in the end I did end up choosing to have staffing (because she thought I would like it). She knew better than I did! Thank goodness we had someone come to help.

The guys that came to do the set up had it done very quickly. The woman that was there to help with serving and taking care of the food was AMAZING. So helpful! She was sweet with the kids, offered to make me a plate, and was just great to have with us on our wedding day. Everything was even more perfect than I had imagined it would be.

The food was so delicious! Like I said before, I changed my menu A LOT. I wanted such a variety of things and I was dead set on just "finger foods". I ended up choosing an actual meal, good choice. We had a BBQ meal with chicken and sliders. The spinach dip was heavenly. I could have eaten that all day. They didn't skimp on servings either, we had plenty of food and it lasted us the rest of our trip!

I could go on and on about how awesome Sarasota Catering Co. was to work with. Rita was so helpful and sweet, I felt like I was e-mailing back and forth with a friend.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Cathy · Married on 02/25/2017

our Wedding was on Feb, 25, 2017. Our wedding was held at our home in our backyard and on our patio we had about 88 guests. Catered by "Sarasota Catering" Sashi our event planner was nice informative and friendly. The servers Nikki and Jen were professional, friendly, polite, efficient and made our buffet style meal look amazing, The food was top notch. Everyone at our wedding loved the food and wanted to know who we used. Everything from set up to the appetizers that were passed through our cocktail hour to the buffet was done so nicely. All throughout the evening the servers went above and beyond anything we expected and made our elegant backyard wedding feel as if we were at a 5 star venue. I would recommend them for any event.
    Cathy and Erik Jones

Sent on 03/08/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Thank you for such a fantastic review, Cathy!!

Michael · Married on 02/19/2017

I can't say enough good things about Sashi. She was one of the most competent professionals that my wife and I have ever worked with. She has true talent for logistics and an amazing attention to detail that was really essential to making our wedding weekend run smoothly. We used SCC to cater our rehearsal dinner (at a beach house) and wedding reception, and we also hired Sashi as our Day-Of Coordinator. Sashi was our POC for everything, she was always responsive and never lost patience with repeated questions about the most minute details or changes in the event plans. For the 6 months before our wedding, I had so many emails back-and-forth with Sashi and SCC that, after the wedding was over, I felt like I lost a colleague or something!

SCC has a large menu of catering options. After visiting to taste our first choices, we liked some options and didn't like others. I think SCC does certain foods amazingly well. The great thing with SCC is their flexibility - if you don't find something you love, they can work with recipes you provide them. We had a large portion of vegetarian guests, so we gave SCC a specific polenta entree we wanted. We also gave them a specific hors d'oeuvre recipe, and they executed both very well.

I would wholeheartedly recommend choosing SCC for any wedding or event. It's a better value than most other options in the Sarasota area, and I think it would probably be impossible to find someone as impressive as Sashi to manage everything.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Micheal! Thank you so much for all those kind words and this amazing review!!! I adore you and Elizabeth and so thankful to have share your very special day. You're Wedding was the most exciting to date from start to finish. All the very best to you both on your new adventure! Sashi, xoxo

Kelsey · Married on 02/04/2017

Sashi was great to work with, she kept us on a strict schedule! She was perfect for me, being that I was clueless! I'd recommend them for any event!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Kelsey, I LOVE working with you and your family! Your Wedding was gorgeous and I was so happy to be apart of it. Wish you a life time of happiness, Sashi xoxo

Maya · Married on 12/03/2016

We loved using Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding! Sashi was our day-of-coordinator but she did so much more than just the day-of. She understood our vision for the decor and carried it out to perfection. She was responsive and accommodating. We were planning our wedding from afar (living in DC) but the distance didn't feel like an impediment. And the food was AMAZING! We had multiple guests compliment all the food throughout the evening and the next day. I'm vegan and the chefs at SCC worked with me to make the most delicious vegan meal that wasn't your standard pasta - one of my guests even asked me for the recipe (chickpea Sheperd's pie). The servers were professional, prompt, and just a joy to work with. We also did all of our rentals (linens, chairs, dinnerware) through SCC which made it easier for coordination and one less thing to worry about as a bride. Sarasota Catering Company truly helped make it the best night ever!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Thank you so much, Maya! You and Dan are the absolute cutest and loved working with you:) Wishing you the very best in life and all it bring your way, Sashi xoxo

Sheri · Married on 11/13/2016

Sarasota Catering is a pleasure to work with - Sashi is terrific. My guests loved the food; the staff was extremely professional. They coordinated all the rentals which made it so much easier for us. The staff makes you feel special.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Thank you Sheri! You were a pleasure to work with as well and I'm so thrilled your daughter's reception was a hit! Sashi, xoxo
  • Lynne

Lynne · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I used these guys for our wedding on November 5th, 2016. Sashi killed it! She was incredible and fun and helped us through the daunting process of getting things in order. We had no idea what we were doing and Sashi was always there to answer emails, texts and phone calls. We left a lot of the details up to her as far as the decorations and setup and she totally nailed it. The venue turned out to be more beautiful than we imagined. She always let us know when there were sales or special deals in order to help us stay on budget and save money. Their waitstaff was SO attentive, helpful and friendly. The food and drinks were delicious. HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend using them!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Denise · Married on 11/05/2016

Sarasota Catering did a wedding brunch at our home the day after our wedding. They were professional with their set up, decor and service. The food was delicious and our guests were impressed! We had an omelet station and 50 guests were served very quickly. From set up to clean up, the caterer was great!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/28/2016

Choosing Sarasota Catering Company as our caterer and Sashi Twarogowski as our event coordinator were two of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding in Sarasota, FL. We chose this company over the catering company that was suggested by our venue because we immediately had a great feeling about them after our initial meeting. Once we tasted the food, that decision was even further solidified. The food and service was amazing. We received several compliments about how good the food and the desserts were and how quickly the servers got the meals out to all of the tables (we had 140 guests). Last but not least, our experience with Sarasota Catering Company would not have been as enjoyable as it was had it not been for our catering sales contact/day of event coordinator, Sashi. Sashi went above and beyond from the first day we emailed her with our inquiry. She coordinated almost all details of our wedding, booking several of our vendors for us to save us the hassle. Sashi was incredibly patient, attentive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. When the day of the wedding came around, we had zero worries and were confident that everything would be executed exactly as we had hoped. Sashi cover every last detail making the wedding completely stress-free for both us and our families. I cannot say enough good things about this company and Sashi and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in the Sarasota area!

Sent on 11/14/2016
  • JillR

Jill · Married on 09/04/2016

Sashi was so easy to work with! She was very patient with our changes - even up to a few days before.
    Our server was so attentive. Several guests mentioned how responsive and helpful he was. Any time he saw anyone doing something for themselves, he jumped in and offered to help.
    And of course, the food was delicious - and a very reasonable price.
    We couldn't have asked for anything more!!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Lydia · Married on 05/28/2016

Sarasota Catering Company made our wedding fabulous from beginning to end! Allison Whitten is beyond awesome, and we used her for our day-of planner as well and she did WAY more than just day-of planning. I highly recommend booking her for your day-of planner if you're a destination wedding bride because she is worth her weight in gold and you're honestly getting a deal on her services. I was bound and determined to have an outdoor wedding despite a 50% chance of rain and even though I could tell I stressed her out, she totally did what I requested (and we ended up not getting rained on!). She also was able to calm me down when other items went off schedule during the night. She is truly a life-saver. Our food was fabulous, as was the service we received. One particular server was so sweet that she even picked mulch out of my dress after the ceremony and kept continuously asking me what I needed and had a smile on her face the entire night. Everyone loved their entrees and absolutely killed the appetizers! Allison packed us each a to-go dinner and packed up our car for us. She kept the desserts cool by continuously refilling the display so none melted by sitting out too long. She and SCC helped make our day so special - I cannot recommend them enough.
    I forgot to add - if your venue does not have tables/chairs/linens - the partnership between SCC and US Tent/Linens by the Sea is so convenient. They can also provide all your linens, silverware, tables, chairs etc. It made for one less vendor to manage and I knew Allison had it all organized.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Lydia and Rob...how lucky was I that I got to work with the two of you! It really was a true pleasure! I wish you both the absolute best and hope you stay in touch!

Patty · Married on 05/14/2016

We were all impressed by Sarasota Catering Company! Would highly recommend for any event. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. Setting this reception up from out of town was easy because of how organized they are.

Sent on 05/23/2016

MaryAnn · Married on 05/14/2016

Sarasota Catering company was fabulous. Courteous, professional and prompt in communication. They were patient with changes to the venue and the menu. Allison was always ahead of the game and impressed me when she even knew the weather prediction for the week ahead when we started to fear an outdoor beach wedding and reception would affect our venue selection. I truly hope I have another occasion to use their services. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/26/2016

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Thanks MaryAnn! I am so glad the weather cooperated and that you had a lovely day! Best to you and Robert!

Jodie · Married on 05/07/2016

I cant say enough great things about this caterer! For starters, im sure I was probably one of there annoying brides. hahaha. We made so many changes from the menu, the chairs, the linens, everything. We just could not make up our minds. We worked with Allison and she was the sweetest person. She listen to every request and was gracious with every change. The food was yummy and everyone had an amazing time. I especially loved the gentleman that followed me around the whole night replenishing my drinks! I never had to go to the bar. haha. Their person touches is what makes them amazing. Thank you Allison and the entire team at Sarasota Catering Company for making my wedding so amazing!!!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Sarasota Catering Company's reply:

Jodie...you made the process easy and fun! I am thrilled that you had a lovely wedding day and greatly appreciate the review!