Sarah Whitmeyer Photography Reviews

49 | Maggie Valley, NC

49 Reviews for Sarah Whitmeyer Photography

Kristal · Married on 10/21/2011

If you are looking for a photographer that can truly capture the feelings and emotion of your wedding day in a photo, Sarah Whitmeyer is that person. I fell in love with Sarah's photography style when looking through photos on her website in April of last year. After looking through photos of a total stranger's wedding day, I felt as if I new them and that I was there. That was what I was looking for with my wedding pictures, and that is exactly what I got with Sarah and G (Sarah's assistant).

I cannot say enough great things about working with Sarah. From our first meeting, Sarah's bubbly and genuine personality put my fiance and I at ease. She is very professional, but also feels like a friend that you have known for a lifetime. My wedding day was so much fun and Sarah and G were such a joy to work with.

My friends and family had such wonderful things to say during the wedding and they rave reviews went to the next level once people were able to see the beautiful photos online. I would highly recommend Sarah Whitmeyer Photography.

Sent on 01/11/2012

Caroline · Married on 10/15/2011

great photographer! sarah really listened to what my husband and i wanted out of our wedding day and she really did a great job of making me and my wedding party at ease! i have been to many weddings where the photographer turns bossy and rude and can be uncomfortable to be around but sarah got all the shots we wanted while being super sweet, friendly, and easy to work with!

Sent on 03/07/2012

Tristan · Married on 10/02/2010

Sarah and her assistant were absolutely wonderful to work with. They we fun and professional and made everyone feel comfortable. The pictures turned out great!

Sent on 04/07/2011

Cassandra · Married on 10/01/2010

Sarah was absolutely fabulous from our first meeting. She was incredibly professional and comfortable to work with. She put everyone at ease, was willing go above and beyond to help make sure everything flowed well and the day was seamless. The photos are beautiful and a great depiction of our day, she seemed to capture every moment, and was never intrusive! By the end of our time together her and the assistant photographer G were part of our "family"! And all for a very reasonable price! I recommend Sarah to everyone!

Sent on 04/10/2011

J · Married on 06/05/2010

Sarah Whitmeyer is fantastic. She's an excellent photographer who will get tons of wonderful photos, plus she is a pleasure to work with/hang out with. I cannot recommend her highly enough!!!! She should be any bride's top choice as a photographer. Excellent value, wonderful photographer, and a genuinely nice person who will take lots of great photos of the day!

Sent on 06/14/2010

Laura · Married on 06/05/2010

Sarah was booked the day of our wedding, but offered us the services of 2 of her associate photographers. Lauren and Kate were absolutely awesome - I can't say enough great things about them. Not only did they take amazing photos, but they were very easy to work with. We were really adamant about not spending a lot of time on posed photos, and not only did they respect our wishes to get to our reception as quickly as possible, they got great photos anyway (and I hardly realized they were there documenting the whole evening!).

I think the most important thing in the photography was that they really captured moments - which is important because the whole night was kind of a blur and it is wonderful to be able to look back through the pictures. Sarah did a wonderful job editing, and it was essential to us that we had access to all our photos - and unlike many other photographers Sarah sends you a DVD with all your edited shots.

We could not have been happier with the services. I have had friends pay a lot more for photos that did not come out nearly as well, so in addition to being fantastic photographers, the reasonable price makes Whitmeyer photography that much more amazing. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Heather · Married on 06/04/2010

I just wanted to leave a comment to say I love coming back to this page, coming back to our wedding day! Sarah was the perfect photographer for us. We knew we really wanted a photojournalist instead of a traditional photographer, and found Sarah through WPJA, and never looked back. Sarah was kind enough to work within our budget, and followed us throughout the day to capture the entire memory - the whole story. If I had to recommend one thing to brides-to-be, it would be to never settle on photography. Sarah did such a beautiful job and we cherish the memories she so perfectly captured!

http://whitmeyerphotographyblog.com/?p=100 (Photos from our wedding by Sarah)

Sent on 10/08/2015

Blair · Married on 04/17/2010

Sarah did a great job! Looking at her photos makes me feel like I am reliving that day!

Sent on 06/14/2010

Meghan · Married on 04/10/2010

Sarah did a fantastic job with our wedding photos! She is very easy to get in touch with, talk to, and professional. Anyone who sees our photos raves about our photography. Her assistant photographer, Kate, was also fabulous. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect photography team.

Sent on 06/15/2010

M · Married on 04/10/2010

Sarah photographed my husband and I for our engagement photos and during our wedding weekend. We couldn't have been happier with the results! Sarah's eye for detail and storytelling comes out in her beautiful images. She is also very flexible, positive in attitude, punctual, and so much fun to be around during such a special time in one's life. I can't wait to hire her again!

Sent on 04/08/2011

Telana · Married on 09/12/2009

Sarah did wonderful with our photographs, she captured moments that will always remind me about our very special day. Sarah's style of photography makes for the best wedding photos because she catches those moments of true emotions and responses, the ones that make you feel the emotion all over again when you see the photo. Sarah photographed our wedding and did my bridal portraits as well. Her work was fabulous, and her personality is the best! Not to mention, she has great prices! Sarah, I would recommend you to anyone. Thanks for all the great photos/memories!

Sent on 01/27/2010
  • lindsays35

Lindsay · Married on 08/09/2009

Sarah is an amazing person. She did an great job. Very Professional, very easy going. You can tell she loves what she does and that she is good at what she does.

Sent on 08/31/2009

Celeste · Married on 02/21/2009

My husband had the first meeting with our photographer. When he (someone who hates having his picture taken) was sold on her ideas about wedding photographs I knew she would be perfect for our special day. Sarah was great at finding the right shots. She was everywhere documenting so many parts of the day. She was very professional and organized. She arrived at the church early to get a feel for the space, and was very respectful of what photos could and couldn't be taken during the service. I am very happy with the choice we made in our photographer.

Sent on 03/17/2009

Carrie · Married on 06/28/2008

Yes, I am always skeptical of the all 5 star reviews as well but I really couldn't take a star away for anything. Sarah shot both my bridal portraits and my wedding and had to deal with the elements on both occasions. I did a lot of independent research for a photographer and since I live in Chicago and was getting married in my small hometown in NC it was all via the internet, phone, and email. I explored a few routes but was sold on Sarah the moment I saw her work, spoke with her on the phone, and received her packages in the mail. I flew into NC for my bridal portraits so they had to get done within a time frame. The day Sarah and I scheduled the shoot it was pouring rain (during a NC drought period, just my luck) Sarah was very flexible and willingly rescheduled for the next day before I flew back to Chicago. The portraits were great since everything was so green after the rain, she really took advantage of all the natural coloring.

My wedding day sings the same song, 20 minutes before I was supposed to walk down the aisle outside, the rains came. Sarah never skipped a beat and despite the time she lost shooting the pre-ceremony pictures Brian and I never felt like she took up a lot of our wedding day time to get those portraits we now cherish. I was worried that Sarah would have a hard time capturing an outside wedding with over 350 guests, but she proved me wrong by shooting over 1,000 photos and capturing moments that would have been lost if she had not been there to document it. She has worked with me through multiple computer compatibility issues and always makes sure that I have what I need. I highly recommend Sarah as a photographer, she produces great work and even better customer service before, during, and after the wedding.

Sent on 04/06/2009

Alison · Married on 10/06/2007

Sarah was amazing!! Not only is her work out of this world, she was so easy to get along with!! She blended into the background and captured candid priceless shots, which was what we were after. She watced and waited for the shots t present themselves naturally, rather than have uas pose for a "fake" moment. We loved her and are so thankful for the wonderful memories she captured for us!!

Sent on 04/15/2009

Suelee · Married on 09/15/2007

Sarah Whitmeyer is an amazing photographer, personable, and there to capture the moments you value most. Sarah shot my beautiful bridal portraits before the wedding. On my wedding day, she spent the entire day with us in our most intimate traditional Chinese and Cambodian wedding ceremonies in my family's home in the morning to the beautiful outdoor American-style ceremony with the reception to follow in the afternoon and through the evening. I would definitely recommend Whitmeyer photography for everything from candid life shots to traditional portraits. Sarah shows that she genuinely cares to get the shots that you cherish! She worked with me for my wedding, and I had so many great pictures to remember the day (and my three wedding ceremonies).

Jessica · Married on 08/17/2013

Sarah was awesome to work with and the pictures turned out beautiful. It takes a while to receive all the photos, but she does all her own editing and is up front about the time frame from the beginning and it is totally worth the wait. We hope to use Sarah again for future special occasions.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Katie · Married on 12/06/2008

Sarah was great, she was always around taking pictures. The amount of pictures was impressive. Everything I wanted to see was there. She blended in well and we really enjoyed her.

• User3920737 · 2+ years ago

Sarah was amazing and really listened to what we wanted. So much talent!

Sent on 02/20/2014

Laura · Married on 10/08/2011

3.5

There are some great aspects of Sarah and some that I didn't necessarily care for. I love her photos on the website and so far I love what photos of ours she has posted to her blog. I also love the fact that you get her for all day (plus an assistant) as opposed to a set number of hours, plus you get high resolution copies of all the pictures. Some of the photos that I thought looked silly that she recommend I do (in a pose), my husband loves so she knows what she's doing. I thought her price is extremely competitive, I was very happy with the price. For the negatives, if you send her an e-mail, she doesn't always respond quickly (i.e. sometimes several days) and the turnaround time for getting our photos is a full two months after the wedding. I'm not sure if that's the norm but it seems crazy long to me. Having said that, it's going to be slightly longer for the videographer who is with a different company.

Sent on 11/02/2011

Sarah Whitmeyer Photography's reply:

This client was married during October in peak wedding season here in the mountains. My turn around time is generally 1-2 months and is longer during busy seasons and shorter during slower times. I posted about 100 photos to my blog 6 days after the wedding, which the bride even mentions (and mentioned liking)

Also, Just want to note that I do my best to respond to emails in a timely fashion but do receive high volumes of emails and sometimes get backed up (especially when traveling for weddings and during peak season). Clients are also more than welcome to call me when they need something urgently and I even give out my cell phone number to clients.

2.5
      3.5

Sarah is great! She could work on her communication, but she is great as a photographer.

Sent on 03/23/2013

-unique shots
    -hard working
    -"disappeared" in the background
    -quick!!

I would reccommend Sarah to ANY bride. she was very creative and accomodating. Her prices are great, and her end result is absolutely STUNNING!!!!

Sent on 04/01/2009

Brooke · Married on 08/30/2008

4.2

Sarah was extremely flexible in working with our schedule. A primary reason that we selected her was because of the amount of time she was willing to give us for the cost.

Lisa · Married on 05/23/2015

1.4
      1.5
      0.5
      3.0
      1.0
      1.0

My opinion of Sarah as a person is that she is a very, very friendly young woman; very upbeat. I will say that based on her website, it is clear that she has done some nice work, but I was extremely disappointed with our experience & the results. The photography, lack of professionalism, and lack of communication was not impressive and lacked the quality I had hoped for. Granted, some of that trickles down to the bride/groom not communicating as well as expected. But, I believe if you are going to market yourself as professional wedding photographer, then one needs to be able to bring all of that in together - which clearly she was unable to do. Maybe after a few more years, she will be more seasoned and be able to read things better. I also believe she could have done a better job of scoping things out in advance so the pictures could have had nicer back drops at the gardens/reception. We were led to believe that she did, but considering the outcome of the photos, it is doubtful. I would have rather had 100 quality pictures than 1,500+ marginal ones. Other than that, a very nice person. When I relay her name to people, I caution them to stay on top of her.

Sent on 07/26/2016