Sarah Ward Events Reviews

16 Reviews for Sarah Ward Events

• Chloe

Chloe · Married on 04/06/2019

High Praise - Extremely Professional Business Practice

Sarah was the last vendor we hired for our (now executed) April 2019 Monterey wedding. Why was she the last vendor? She graciously stepped in two weeks before our wedding to save the day when our original wedding planner had to cancel due to a death in the family. Without question or hesitation, Sarah jumped right in and took the reigns with such ease, grace, compassion for our stressful situation, professionalism, and efficiency. For her services, we only had a couple of phone calls and meetings before the big day, but with her decade plus of experience, we knew we were paying for much more than just some phone calls and meetings. We were paying for her knowledge! I can't say enough about Sarah and her character. She is so warm and inviting, and truly wanted to provide the best experience possible for us. I've rarely met someone with as kind a soul as hers, and considered myself so lucky to have been able to work with her! If anyone is considering booking Sarah, I'd recommend reading the rest of her 5 star reviews from those who have actually worked with her! For a small business, she sure showed a large amount of incredible service. Thank you, Sarah!!

Sent on 12/04/2020

Kelly · Married on 06/10/2017

My only regret is not having Sarah helping me from the start of planning our wedding! We hired Sarah for the month and day of planning/coordinating. She went above and beyond for us, she not only completely took care of ours but also all of our guests needs. Our special day went without flaw thanks to Sarah and I would definitely recommend her to any bride feeling overwhelmed by the planning process! She’s totally worth it!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Melissa · Married on 09/12/2015

From the first meeting with Sarah over coffee, to the final moments when she was letting me know that all of my belongings were packed away in my MIL's car and I was free to head to the after-party completely care-free and without my hands full, Sarah was our saving grace. As other reviews said it so well, Sarah does her job so effortlessly that you can't even tell she's working. She has a very sweet and nurturing charm that puts everyone at ease. I have a very hard time letting go of the details, and Sarah is the one person that I felt comfortable surrendering the wedding to. Her taste and style helped keep my dream design centered all the way through the end. She is professional, responsive, detail-oriented, and very results-oriented. I can't say enough. I hope to have the opportunity to recommend her a thousand times.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Christina · Married on 08/08/2015

Sarah is a gem!! My husband and I needed help planning our destination wedding in Monterey from our home in New York and are so glad we found Sarah Ward. All of her vendor recommendations were spot-on and we ended up having a dream-team of individuals that worked so well together to make our day even more special. She coordinated all details with the vendors while conveying a professional, warm and calming tone that was very helpful. I would send e-mails with many bullet points of issues or questions and she made sure to timely respond to every detail. When I suggested bad ideas out of bridal naivete, she was so patient while explaining the problems in feasibility and kindly suggesting alternatives. As a bride, wedding planning can feel very personal so it's important to have a caring professional who can support your vision, give guidance all the while being sensitive and knowledgeable. She organized a very detailed wedding weekend timeline and coordinated with all vendors on their responsibilities. As a result, the wedding day was a completely stress-free smooth operation from start to finish. I would highly recommend her to coordinate your event in Monterey/Carmel! Thank you, Sarah!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Sara · Married on 04/26/2015

Sarah is a professional - she does her job so effortlessly you can hardly tells she is working, the wedding was so fun and schedule so smooth. She coordinated a wedding I was hired as the photographer for at the Monterey Plaza Hotel last fall. As a photographer, there is nothing more important than a coordinator who mans the schedule with respect to everyone involved: the guests entertainment AND those vendors involved to make the event run without a hitch. She made it so easy for me to step in and get the photos I needed where some weddings we are crunched for time, I didn't feel that way with Sarah's management of the schedule. Wonderful coordination!!

Sent on 03/21/2011

Ginny · Married on 10/25/2014

When my fiance and I decided to elope in Big Sur, we still wanted to have all the bells and whistles associated with a traditional wedding, even though it would just be the two of us on our big day. We're from North Carolina and had never been to Big Sur before, so we thought it might be helpful to have someone help us secure local vendors. We weren't sure if we needed a wedding planner, but after a phone screening with Sarah, we knew we had to hire her. During the call, she asked us so many questions about what we envisioned for our wedding day, and she made suggestions of special touches we never would have thought of on our own. Hiring her was the best decision we made, she single handedly made our day more special by tending to every detail, allowing us to have a worry-free day.

After we hired her, Sarah was a life line for us. She handled all the details (flowers, catering, cake, decorating, and more). In the months before our wedding, any time we had a question or request, we just shot her an email, and she answered it and/or took care of what we needed.

Our elopement would not have gone nearly as smoothly had it not been for Sarah. Since it was just the two of us, she took care of every detail - from helping me into my dress, to arranging my train so it would be perfect in photos, to shooting cell phone photos that we could text our family afterwards (we had a professional photographer, but wanted some pics on our phone), she did it all. And she was as sweet as can be. She was so kind-hearted and enthusiastic, it felt special sharing our day with her, even though we had never met her before we arrived in Big Sur.

Finally, when we arrived back at our cabin, Sarah had transformed our porch into a beautiful, romantic oasis. She decorated the deck so beautifully, it looked like it was torn out of the pages of a wedding magazine. If you are considering an elopement, and want it to be extra special, you must hire Sarah. She will make all the difference.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/12/2014

Sarah was an amazing event coordinator! Since we were having a destination wedding she helped us pick out our vendors which was so helpful! She was also amazing the day of the wedding making sure everything went smoothly!

Sent on 08/21/2014

I will keep this short and sweet because hiring Sarah was the smartest decision I made for my wedding. She was our day-of coordinator, and made everything run smoothly. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a day-of coordinator or full time planner.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Caroline · Married on 09/21/2012

Oh boy, this review is long overdue! I was referred to Sarah by my wedding photographer who is also fabulous, Auey Santos, of Photograffiti. When I first met Sarah to talk about her services, I instantly knew I liked her. It was a relief because I had interviewed probably 5 other wedding planners that I can say were not that great. She is extremely sweet, informative of the wedding business and genuine. I chose Sarah because she is so knowledgeable of working with hotels as I held my wedding at The Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco. I only hired Sarah for day-of services due to my tight budget, but she went above and beyond for me.

Sarah was always responsive to my emails and was very flexible in how I wanted to do things. She was so patient with me when I had A LOT of questions and asked for her opinion about certain wedding details that she really didn't have to help me on. But she was so gracious with her time. She has a very calm, easy-going demeanor which made a nervous bride feel zen. All of our vendors liked working with her, especially our hotel Catering Manager who found Sarah so easy to work with and helpful. The Catering Manager said she would even recommend Sarah to other brides. She made sure all of our vendors knew what time to show up, where to set up and they were able to get a hold of her regarding all logistics. She even kept to our wedding timeline and made sure every speech, music, etc. was on cue. It was such a smooth operation! I never had to worry. The wedding day was pain-free. I didn't have to stress out about any wedding details other than getting ready and enjoying my special day. I put my entire trust in Sarah and she did not let me down. She is the best. I highly recommend Sarah to anyone. She is fantastic at what she does and is worth every dollar. Please hire her. You won't regret it!

Sent on 01/15/2013

Heather · Married on 08/03/2012

Sarah was fantastic helping plan my wedding. This was a destination wedding for us so all contact with her was done via phone and email. Sarah was so very helpful and prompt in responding to my questions and requests. She made the day of the wedding a breeze, we didn't have to worry about a thing. Definitely worth the money!

Sent on 01/11/2013

Camilla · Married on 10/15/2011

I found Sarah for my daughter's wedding through a provider list at a local venue. We had the venue picked out but still needed day of services. Sarah was not only available day of but we used her ahead of time for input and ideas via phone and email. I always received prompt replies and helpful answers to my many questions. She attended the rehearsal and took charge of herding the many attendants and family members. The day of went off without a hitch, I did not have to worry about any detail. Sarah even went so far as to give a ride back to the hotel for the MOB/FOB as we missed the shuttle! That is service above and beyond. We would definatley recommend her service to anyone.

Sent on 10/31/2011

Rina · Married on 08/13/2011

We had a destination wedding and when the one month mark came I knew I had to get a day off planner to be able to enjoy the day. I interviewed a few event planners in the Carmel area and while they all sounded very capable, I liked Sarah because of her sweet, calm and positive demeanor. She drove up to our house which is 1.5 hours away to meet with us, none of the others I interviewed offered to do that.

Sarah has great taste and really understood how we wanted our day to be. Even though we had already booked most of our vendors, she offered to review the venue contract and made great suggestions on the linens / rentals and worked with the venue to ensure it was implemented as we requested. She also recommended Connie Moore (florist) and worked with her to create stunning flower decorations for the ceremony and reception. They were beautiful and really made the place feel as we wanted...classy but uplifting and fun. Everyone raved about the flower arrangements.

Sarah is great at what she does and I'm so glad we found her. I was able to relax and truly have fun on our special day. Thank you Sarah!!

Sent on 11/09/2011

Ashley · Married on 07/31/2011

I really can't say enough good things about Sarah. We planned a destination wedding, and though I had already selected most of the vendors and had the basic plans laid for the wedding, I realized a coordinator would be a must to ensure everything going smoothly once it got down to the wire and the day-of. So I found Sarah through my venue's recommended vendor list, and after our first conversation I knew she would be perfect. Sarah is so sweet, helpful, detail-oriented, and knowledgeable about the entire wedding-planning process. She coordinated with all of our vendors, took charge of the rehearsal, helped set up the ceremony and reception, and even brought me snacks while I was getting ready the day of the wedding. Everyone in the wedding party knew exactly what to do and where to go, and even were instructed on details like how to hold the bouquets. She really thinks of everything and goes above and beyond to ensure a beautiful wedding day. I'm so happy she helped us with our wedding and I really can't imagine having done it without her. Thank you Sarah!

Sent on 09/04/2011

Viv A. · Married on 05/07/2011

Sarah was recommended to us by our event planner at Carmel Valley Ranch- hiring Sarah was probably the best decision we made during our entire wedding process. She helped us navigate the vendors down in Carmel and also gave us unbiased advice and recommendations on everything from table settings to the food to the lighting. She went completely above and beyond what we originally agreed upon- she probably could have charged us twice as much and it still would not have covered the time and energy she gave us. Sarah's sweet demeanor totally hides the fact that she takes charge and gets things done so we didn't have to worry about anything on our wedding day. Thru the whole process Sarah actually became our good friend and someone we trust, we still hang out with her and she's great!

Sent on 09/07/2011

Sasan · Married on 08/06/2011

2.8
      2.5
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0

Sarah started out great coordinating our wedding day but it began to fall apart towards the end. During the reception she forgot to include my wife's father's toast. She also improvised without asking our permission to have a speaker used by one of her contacts & the contact then sent us a bill for a service that didn't work. I appreciate her quick on the feet thinking but to forget the father of the bride's toast seems unprofessional to me. Everything then seemed to be rushed as well. I did enjoy her kind personality & she was easy to work with but to forget such a key part of the wedding reception is what brought her score down.

Sent on 01/16/2012
  • Brandon

Brandon B. · Married on 12/09/2020

Beware - Unprofessional Business Practice

Sarah was one of the last vendors we hired for our (now cancelled) September 2020 Big Sur wedding, before coronavirus lockdowns began. We had an introductory phone call while we were deciding on a coordinator to go with, paid her 50% of her entire fee up front, and had one kick-off call with her after hiring. And when it came to cancelling our wedding (which we had no other choice over, local shelter-in-place laws just to begin with...), she was the only vendor that refused to return any of our deposit. Now I know that it is standard for all wedding vendors to require a 50% non-refundable deposit, however a pandemic and month-long world-wide lockdown is so far from normal circumstances that not a single other vendor stuck to that clause in their contracts. We tried to reason with her and come to some sort of arrangement, pay her for the very limited hours of work she might have done, but the responses we received were cold at best and downright nasty at worst. I know that this year has been a challenge for the entire events industry, but I am still aghast that someone - in a business where clients come almost entirely by word of mouth - felt entitled to thousands of dollars for a couple of phone calls. Please be aware of this in your consideration to booking her.

Sent on 12/04/2020

Sarah Ward Events's reply:

This review is pure retaliation simply because I held you to a contract. You’ve made this public (as you threatened to do) so I will respond publicly.

It’s very disappointing that you feel as if you need to disparage my name for standing by a signed contract in the current state of the world and the current state of the events industry. At no point was I anything but understanding and empathetic. This year has been hard for everyone and I know having to come to a decision to postpone or cancel your wedding is never an easy one. It’s supposed to be a magical time in a person’s life and Covid derailed that for many. I gave you these sentiments back in March. You were released from the contract with the remaining fee forgiven and given an offer to reschedule whenever you’d like, with priority. You then threatened to spread bad reviews about my business because that wasn’t good enough for you. A threat you’ve made good on.

As I explained to you before, the terms in my contract exist so that, God forbid, were we ever to be in a situation like this, I wouldn’t lose the roof over my head. The events industry was the first to close and will be the last to reopen which means my business is at a standstill for the foreseeable future. Every single one of my weddings this year has had to postpone or cancel. Every single one of them (except you, of course) understood their contractual obligations and offered their well wishes for getting through this unprecedented time as a business owner operating during a pandemic.

I’d also like to address, on a personal note, how you spoke to me. If anyone was “nasty” through our correspondences, it was you. I will not be bullied or threatened into reneging a signed contract and I wholly resent the fact that you attempted to do just that. This career has been a labor of love for me from its inception and I know that shines through. That’s who I am and how I operate.

With all that said, I wish things could have ended differently between us. I hope you two find happiness together and have a magical wedding day- because everyone deserves that.