Sarah Tew Photography Reviews

96 | New York, NY

96 Reviews for Sarah Tew Photography

Amy · Married on 09/10/2011

We do not have enough words to express how much we enjoyed working with Sarah for our engagement shoot and wedding. I guess that's why they say a picture is worth a thousand words ...
    Sarah was totally flexible with us in creating our own package of photography and prints and I can't imagine working with anyone else. The results of her work are stunning and if you need a wedding photographer in NYC, you should work with Sarah! We are constantly getting calls and e-mails from our friends and family about how much they love Sarah's work and how they were moved to tears from the images and moments that she captured on film.
    We found Sarah through our reception venue because it was a rather unique space and we wanted someone who was familiar with the space to shoot our wedding. What a great idea that was!
    Sarah really went above and beyond all of our expectations. Especially when she saw that our friends were posting photos on Facebook right after the wedding, Sarah stayed up and had some of her own photos up and available for us to use on Facebook by the time we woke up the next morning.
    It was the most magical night of our lives and even though it went by in an instant, we are so lucky that Sarah was there to capture it on film for us to relive again and again!

Sent on 10/17/2011

Katharine · Married on 09/10/2011

Sarah photographed our wedding at Battery Gardens in October of 2011, and she did an amazing job. From our first meeting to our engagement shoot to the big day, Sarah made us feel at ease and comfortable being photographed. She has an amazing eye for beautiful backdrops and interesting details and is great at spotting and capturing meaningful moments. She's organized and makes the whole process easy with great informational materials and checklists -- it was very simple to communicate all the shots we wanted, and everything was covered. Sarah has serious technical chops and the enthusiasm of an artist who really loves what she does. We are thrilled with our photographs and can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 11/05/2011

Tracey · Married on 07/30/2011

My husband and I, not to mention all of our guests, are still raving about Sarah Tew's photography. She impressed on us every front and we would recommend her without reservation.
    We heard about Sarah through word of mouth and when we hired her, we weren't totally sure how she would compare to some of the other photographers work that we saw. We hired her because her pictures were great and she seemed normal and easy to work with (not an easy thing to find in wedding vendors!!)
    All I can say is that her quality of work blew us away. Our engagement shoot was a hit with everyone and I'm sure it helped to have such a great picture to submit to the NY Times wedding announcements. It made us feel excited and confident about her being our wedding photographer.
    At the wedding, Sarah and her assistant Dmitry were a total joy. They weren't intrusive but they did what they needed to do to get all the shots that we had discussed in advance. They were flexible, friendly and professional.
    At the end of the day, it's really the actual pictures on the page that will make you remember your photographer fondly and WE CAN'T STOP mooning over our awesome pictures. How did she make me look so pretty? How did she get family members who don't get along to look so happy to be in a picture together? How do the groomsmen look so amazingly dapper? How did she catch our nephew up a tree during the reception? I don't know the answer to these questions but all I can say is that I am happy to be asking them now and it's all thanks to Sarah.

Sent on 09/19/2011

Nicole · Married on 07/23/2011

Sarah is an amazing photographer. My dad, who is very hard to please, calls her the best photographer ever. She was amazing from the time we signed contracts through our wedding day and now in our album making process. Sarah takes beautiful photographs. She captured the moments of our wedding so beautifully. We received all of our proofs, 8x10 photos, printed photos and the disc days after we returned from our honeymoon. Not to mention all the wedding photos were already in the online album while we were still away on our honeymoon. Words can't even express the quality of her work. Take a look at her photos online you will be very impressed. I would recommend Sarah to anyone needing an amazing, talented, professional photographer.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Nicole · Married on 07/23/2011

Sarah is an amazing photographer. My dad, who is very hard to please, calls her the best photographer ever. She was amazing from the time we signed contracts through our wedding day and now in our album making process. Sarah takes beautiful photographs. She captured the moments of our wedding so beautifully. We received all of our proofs, 8x10 photos, printed photos and the disc days after we returned from our honeymoon. Not to mention all the wedding photos were already in the online album while we were still away on our honeymoon. Words can\'t even express the quality of her work. Take a look at her photos online you will be very impressed. I would recommend Sarah to anyone needing an amazing, talented, professional photographer.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Cheryl · Married on 07/09/2011

Sarah Tew is awesome, and if you haven't picked your photographer yet you should choose her. She has a great personality for this kind of work - friendly and approachable, and also professional and unobtrusive. She offers an "a la carte" menu of her services so you can pick and choose what you want. We chose her basic wedding package and were 100% satisfied. The engagement shoot was great for getting to know her -- very important for a couple of people who aren't used to getting photographed all that much -- and she created a lovely guest album using photos from the shoot. We had Sarah and her assistant for 8 hours on our wedding day. We were so happy with how all the pictures turned out and she caught everything that was important to us. The deliverables were perfect -- archival DVD of hi-res photos, Facebook albums, slideshows set to music, book of favorite shots + all the proofs, and a credit towards an album, and a lot of other features & details, everything packaged beautifully. We added the photobooth option to our package, which was well worth it when you consider the amount of fun our guests had with it, and the fun we had in seeing the results. I did not have a full appreciation for how much work and how much attention to detail is required to do everything Sarah does, and having been through it now and seen and shared the results, she was worth every penny.

Sent on 12/15/2011

Sheila · Married on 06/18/2011

As a bride who had to plan a reception in a different city for family and old friends, I did not have the luxury of time to check out photographers personally. Like many, I blindly searched the internet.
    Sarah Tew was one of many who popped up. She has a top quality website with some of great and artistic photographs. Some photographers don't provide enough content for you to evaluate. Still I made the leap of faith and reserved Sarah for such a significant day - sight unseen.
    I found her immediately responsive and always available, even though I was in CA and she was in NY.
    Day of reception - she was on time and immediately ready for work with little guidance. She kept taking photos with a smile the entire time. She was fantastic and very professional without ego.
    Photographs - Soon afterwards, she sent the link. I reviewed the photos and must say - WOW - impressive. The photographs were wonderful. There are so many fantastic photos that the difficult part now is deciding which to keep and print. She exceeded my expectations.
    I highly recommend Sarah Tew for your photographic needs.

Sent on 07/11/2011

Deena · Married on 05/21/2011

I cannot recommend Sarah highly enough. From the engagement shoot to the wedding to creating the album, Sarah was responsive, professional, and flexible. She was great about offering guidance when we weren't too sure about something but following our lead when something was important to us (even making the trip down to Philly for our engagement shoot!). And most importantly of all, we have gorgeous pictures to remember the day :)

Sent on 05/25/2012

Julie · Married on 08/15/2010

Sarah was, in a word, fantastic. She was one of the first vendors we booked and I am so glad we did.

We ended up with a package that was perfect for us. We did an engagement session, had an ‘open-air’ photobooth at our engagement party, and the entire wedding day (six hours or so).

In all of our discussions, emails, photo shoots, etc, Sarah was super friendly and easy-going but very professional.

When photographing us, she directed us well but also took our ideas and suggestions easily. We got so many raves from our engagement session photos and are still get compliments on the wedding photos! They are gorgeous and I’m so thrilled with them.

She went above and beyond in so many ways. I cannot say enough good things about her and working with her—I highly recommend using Sarah!

Sent on 10/07/2010

Bret · Married on 06/26/2010

Sarah went above and beyond in all regards. She first took the time to really get to know us. Then, based on this personal insight, she perfectly captured the overall experience in a manner that very accurately portrayed the wedding atmosphere and the personalities of the many people there. When we look back at the wedding photos and album now, it brings us right back to that special moment. In addition to the exceptional quality of work and professionalism, It was a real pleasure to interact with and get to know Sarah. We would strongly recommend Sarah Tew Photography for any special event.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Alexander · Married on 06/12/2010

Thank you Sarah Tew!

My wife and I were married in June 2010 and as predicted by everyone it flew by in a flash. Fortunately, we have the entire weekend and engagement events so professionally documented we have been reliving it almost daily for the past month. After first hiring Sarah, she took the time to really get to know our personalities and hear about what we were planning for our ideal wedding. About a month before the wedding we had our engagement shoot.
    Sarah presented us with several new ideas potential places she was interested in shooting as well as her portfolio of other engagement sessions. Ultimately, we decided to have an urban and scenic backdrop so we all decided on Highline Park and the West Village. We spent a few hours at the end of a late spring day taking pictures and had a great time doing it. Sarah was really in the moment and was very excited. She directed everything so well and we were thrilled with the end product. After the shoot, she put together her favorite selection of photos that we all completely agreed on for our book. A short time later we received an amazing leather bound book that we used as our guest book at our wedding reception.
    Leading up to the wedding, Sarah had the timing of our day covered and we certainly didn’t have any concerns about anything besides the weather! On the day of, Sarah spent the morning and early afternoon with my wife and the bridal party while they did their hair and makeup. It was amazing for me to see everything happened on the female side after the fact. On my side, Sarah’s assistant Jeff documented the time with my family and I while I got ready.
    When it was time for us to have our first look at each other, it was so carefully orchestrated. The two of them coordinated and captured the moment beautifully. We were at a B&B in the Hudson River Valley and it was very scenic. At one point, Jeff was tucked all the way in the woods capturing photos of us from a distance. What was most amazing about their teamwork and execution was that aside from the intimate session my wife and I had before the group photos, we didn’t see them the entire evening. We would have been happy to interact with them, but I mention it only to emphasize that we weren’t cognizant that any photos were actually being taken during the day. However, we were amazed that there wasn’t one element of the day/night that was missed.
    All in all, our photos were extremely professional and had a real artistic element to them that I haven’t seen in any other of my friends wedding photos. Sarah not only did an amazing job at the wedding and engagement shoot, but also was quick to load all of the photos online as well as put the ball in our court to select our favorites for the books. She also sent us a DVD (in a leather bound case) of every single picture snapped as well as bonus videos montages that we didn’t even know were being taken! The presentation of all of the materials was very impressive.
    Throughout the entire process, we really got the feeling that this wasn’t just a job for her, but an opportunity to make a couple very happy while unleashing her creative/artistic abilities. Sarah and Jeff were so pleasant to work with. If you’re looking for a photographer for any special event, it’s a no brainer….hire Sarah Tew!

Sent on 07/20/2010

Amy · Married on 04/17/2010

We used Sarah for our wedding in April 2010, and she was such a pleasure to work with. I wanted someone who could do both the posed portraits our family wanted along with un-posed artistic shots that captured the spirit of the day. Sarah was able to do all of that while being totally unobtrusive and incredibly nice to work with. Out of all of our vendors, she was one of the few that was so incredibly organized, responsive, and just plain nice.
    On top of being a total pleasure to work with, our pictures looked incredible - my family couldn't stop raving about how she was "everywhere" and I loved that she didn't interrupt the celebration to get a shot. Looking back at the photos she captured moments I didn't even know where happening, and were such a treat for me to see afterward.
    There are other photographers with similar pricing who will give you gorgeous pictures. What really sold us on Sarah was the value and service she provided. She was flexible on customizing our package, we had an online slideshow of our photos up within days, and a link to our entire photo gallery before we even returned from our honeymoon. The photos would have been worth the wait, but I'm glad we didn't have to!

Sent on 11/24/2010

Lindsay · Married on 06/20/2009

Every time I look at one of the photo books that Sarah created I am so
    glad we chose her to photograph my bachelorette party, our engagement
    portraits, and our wedding. She thoughtfully and movingly tells the
    stories of these events, treating each event as unique. Everyone who has seen our engagement or wedding book has either wanted her to take the photos at their
    weddings or they have wanted copies of the books. As my memories of
    the wedding become so closely tied to the photographs, I am grateful
    that we have so many amazing pictures to look at and remember it by.
    Even though there could not have been more rain at our wedding, Sarah
    captured the intimacy and beauty of the ceremony and reception. She
    adjusted well to the unplanned weather and took charge of the
    situation - making sure that in the few moments of clear sky we got
    out and had our portraits taken. Sarah is in her element at weddings - she is a wedding photographer who is passionate about the whole event and who will give you lasting and beautiful memories of one of the most important days of your life.

Sent on 08/03/2010

Rachel · Married on 06/22/2008

Sarah was everything I hoped for in a wedding photographer. She completely understood my desire to capture as much as possible in a candid way and my hopes to avoid the permutations of posing that typically occur pre and post-ceremony.

Her style really jived with the wedding's details, a lot of which were homemade and handmade. She did a wonderful job photographing all of the pieces, and as a result, I have a very complete and beautiful catalogue of the day and all that went into it. I really love her photographic style, and I believe that while it's consistently elegant, she tailors it to each and every wedding she does.

Sarah is professional and responsive. After the wedding, she shared the photos within days. Her assistant was also lovely -- competent, helpful and personable. I couldn't have asked for more from the person that was so instrumental in shaping the memories of our day.

Sent on 12/13/2010

Alice · Married on 09/02/2007

Aside from the unforgettable whirlwind of happiness, it's true what they say about wedding photos being the most lasting thing from your wedding day. Sarah - there were moments and details and emotions that you captured in both color and timeless black-and-white photos that I didn't even know were happening, and that is what I appreciate the most about your photography...reliving the day through so many perspectives, remembering the ceremony, the beautiful weather, the happy families, the funny toasts, and the insanely fun dancing - all of the people and details involved in our special day have been woven into a beautiful story of images. Your laid back but meticulous and professional work was incredibly appreciated by all who attended, especially me and my parents. I will never forget your willingness to go the extra mile either - coming to Maine to photograph our wedding and creating personalized photo albums for us and both of our parents was the most thoughtful gift we could have received. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 05/01/2010

Emily · Married on 05/31/2014

Sarah is the absolute BEST wedding photographer around. She is smart, flexible, and really easy to work with. She is extremely responsive and is so on top of everything. Picking her was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. The pictures came out perfectly and she has such an eye for interesting and beautiful shots. Anyone considering Sarah should hire her. You won't be disappointed and she is worth every penny.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Terence · Married on 04/25/2014

Words cannot express our wonderful experience working with Sarah. My wife and I are thrilled we choose Sarah to photograph our wedding. Everyone who has seen our engagement photos and/or the wedding photos cannot stop raving about how great Sarah captured our special day. She is a true artist which is why we choose her. We didn’t want a photographer who had their staged shots. We also didn’t want a “wedding factory photographer” who only saw us as a paycheck. We were amazed that when we received our photos within weeks of the wedding. We have heard horror stories from friends not having their wedding photos 6 months after their event. Not the case with Sarah.

Sarah is not one of those pushy photographer stuck in her ways. After a while we forgot she was there. She was a fly on the wall documenting our precious moments with family and friends. She captured details and intimate photos that we’ll cherish for our entire marriage. Sarah went above and beyond our expectations with extra little touches.

I would recommend any and everyone to use Sarah Tew for their weddings. You would be hard pressed to find a better, more affordable, professional, and personable photographer in the NYC area.

Sent on 05/30/2014

Shireen · Married on 10/09/2010

We had Sarah shoot our wedding ceremony and reception in NYC in Oct 2010. She exceeded all expectations. She was personable, professional, and captured truly special moments. We had many married friends comment that our wedding photography was some of the best they've ever seen! I highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/12/2010

Melissa · Married on 03/20/2010

Working with Sarah was fabulous. I met her because of her non-wedding photography, which is amazing and which immediately made me want to know more about her. When we got to talking and she mentioned how much she loves shooting weddings, I knew she'd be a perfect match for me. My suspicion was confirmed by her gorgeous portfolios.

We ended up having the wedding in New Orleans instead of New York, but we did do an engagement shoot with her. It was great! I was really nervous going in, but she's so easy to work with that in no time I was having fun. The shoot gave us beautiful photos that we love, and with them Sarah crafted albums that thrilled our parents when we gave them as gifts at our rehearsal dinner. Honestly, I wish we'd gone ahead and flown her down to Nola for the wedding!

I recommend Sarah highly to any affianced couple in the NYC area, as well as anyone else looking for polished, professional, gorgeous photojournalistic work.

Sent on 04/02/2010

Alice · Married on 09/02/2007

Sent on 05/01/2010

Rorie · Married on 07/27/2013

Sarah Tew is THE BEST photographer to hire for your wedding and or engagement photos. Not only is she super hands on, but her style and technique is top notch, and not your average cookie cutter photographer. If you want your photos to look and feel different and more special than all of the typical shots you see out there, then Sarah Tew is your girl. We fell in love with her work after she shot our engagement photos, and she blew us away with our wedding photos-such beautiful amazing shots to have for a lifetime to remember our special weekend. Most of our friends have gotten married recently and by far, our photos blew everyone out of the park! If you walk away from Sarah, then good luck to you, but, you will be thankful you chose Sarah when you do! Sarah is sweet, super responsive and helpful, and will make sure your photos are everything you want and more!

Sent on 09/13/2013