Sarah Tew Photography Reviews

96 | New York, NY

96 Reviews for Sarah Tew Photography

Sarah · Married on 04/12/2014

Having Sarah Tew as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding! She has so many strengths as a photographer (and as a person, too). First, she is such a talent. We were so impressed by her work, which we first saw when visiting our venue, and we will treasure the shots she took at our engagement session and wedding for years to come. Second, she is super professional. She always responded to emails promptly, and was kind and courteous. At our wedding, she was able to capture so many special moments without ever being intrusive. Third, she has a warm, kind demeanor that put everyone at ease, and was even great working with kids who did not initially want to pose for portraits. Fourth, she was so FAST in editing our photos after the wedding, and sent everything along promptly (and with some special surprises). Overall, she exceeded our expectations and we would recommend her without reservations!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Laura · Married on 04/05/2014

Honestly...we would have changed our wedding date if Sarah had not been available...that's how strongly we felt she had the right eye, vision and passion for our wedding and telling our story. I remember when I had originally viewed her online portfolio I had tears in my eyes from the beautiful moments she had captured at other people's weddings. The outcome from our wedding was extraordinary. Each time I look at our wedding album it takes my breath away.

Sent on 01/04/2015

Marisa · Married on 03/29/2014

Sarah was absolutely amazing. She was easily accessible at all times and completely exceeded our expectations. The photos that she took of us were absolutely breathtaking. We received so many compliments as well as exposure to a magazine and many online blogs! I even had some people recognize me from the infamous rain photo she took that was published all over the internet. She was so kind, easy to work with, and impressively quick to get us our pics. Almost a year later we still praise her work and have recommended her to so many of our friends and family. We look forward to having a reason to hire her again!!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Sarah was AWESOME!!! Our wedding was 6 days ago and throughout the week she posted up "sneak peeks" of our wedding photos. She finished posting everything up online today and everyone can view our beautiful photos! We love how the pictures came out and she really paid attention to everything throughout the night. She also took our engagement photos, which also came out beautifully. Thank you, Sarah!!! Our wedding venue was tiny and was not well-lit, but you'd never know from Sarah's pictures! She also took amazing pictures of our dog, who somehow didn't freak out at the wedding. SWEET!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Jaymie · Married on 10/05/2013

If you are reading this, congrats!, now make the right decision for photography and hire Sarah! Amazing, amazing! We got married this fall and Sarah was outstanding! Sarah goes above and beyond with everything for you as her client. She was so professional, easy and accommodating to work with, responsive and quick to answer any questions, and the photos from our big day are incredible! I knew i had nothing to worry about the day of the wedding because Sarah was so calm and just knew what she was doing. And her assistants were awesome too! We had a very large wedding and somehow Sarah and her team captured every single moment and every detail. We also had a large wedding party and big family and Sarah was wonderful with all. We are sp so happy with our photos - they are unique and beautiful and show creativity while being timeless. We also had an amazing engagement shoot that was so much fun - people are still talking about our pics! We love Sarah Tew!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Lorena · Married on 09/21/2013

Sarah is absolutely awesome. We are 1000% percent pleased with how all of our wedding and engagement photos turned out - though from the moment we met Sarah, we knew this would be the case. She is incredibly talented. Her photos have such a natural, bright feel to them, which is what drew us to her in the first place... but, we never thought anyone could make us look as good as she has!!! My jaw truly dropped when I first saw the photos, as they are breathtaking.

On top of being so talented, Sarah is truly the most responsive vendor I worked with through the whole process of planning my wedding. I knew I would like her when my first e-mail to her on a Friday night at midnight was answered within an hour, with tons of useful information - and every moment of working with her since then has been just the same! She made us completely comfortable with the whole process, and was so sweet and thoughtful the entire time.

I really cannot recommend Sarah highly enough. If you are looking for a wedding photographer, then absolutely look no further!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Shannon · Married on 09/14/2013

I came across Sarah's work because she had photographed another couple's wedding at our venue while we were on the hunt for vendors. I looked over all the reviews I could find online, and as a cynical New Yorker, I was a bit worried that some were faked because across the board, they were all so positive.

Well, our experience with Sarah has been nothing short of five stars. From our initial meeting, to my endless barrage of emails that she always responded to so quickly, to our engagement photo shoot, to the big day, she was exceptionally professional, understanding, and fantastic to work with.

I really wasn't interested in an engagement shoot, but since it's part of her package, I figured why not. I have to say that I'm glad that this is not a negotiable part of her service, because it was great to work with her in advance of our wedding day. The engagement shoot was casual and fun and allowed us all to get to know one another in a low-key, low-pressure atmosphere. She has a great eye for what would make an interesting image and gives really clear direction to those of us not used to being in front of the camera.

After seeing the beautiful photos from our engagement shoot, we were so excited to see what Sarah would do with our wedding. True to form (and all of the other five star reviews), she was on time, unobtrusive and endlessly professional. The photos that she captured are so beautiful and will be a gorgeous reminder of an incredibly special day. All of our friends and family have been absolutely blown away by the photos Sarah took. Also, her turnaround time is incredible - we had a sneak peek of our photos by the morning after our wedding. While we sat at brunch with our family and friends, everyone was marveling at Sarah's beautiful work.

Sarah is fantastic, and we cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 09/28/2013

Lara · Married on 08/31/2013

Sarah Tew is an amazing photographer and wonderful person to work with for your wedding.

We cannot say enough about Sarah. From our initial meeting to reviewing the wedding photos she took, we were so pleased to have used her services. We are a very private couple so felt that taking engagement photos would be cheesy and awkward. Sarah put us to ease and made us feel comfortable. She structured our engagement shoot around our preferences and didn't make us get into any cheesy poses -- she just captured us being ourselves.

We found that she was really responsive as the year went on toward our wedding and made sure she stayed on top of us to get her feedback for what shots we wanted etc. She was really on the ball. And the day of, she was such a blast to work with. She took absolutely AMAZING photos. And her photobooth was such a hit with our guests.

We highly recommend Sarah Tew. She is such an artist and such fun to work with. Also, she was very helpful in working with our budget. We're also a same-sex couple and felt absolutely comfortable with Sarah.

Thanks Sarah!!!

Sent on 09/21/2013

Kelly · Married on 08/29/2013

Sarah is the most amazing photographer. She came highly recommended to me by my friend who wanted to use her for her own wedding, but sadly Sarah was already booked for the date. Lucky for me, I was able to lock her in for our wedding! The results --- the most amazing set of wedding photos I have ever seen. Sarah captured our special day in a way only a true artist could. We have hundreds of perfect photos, all of which were turned around to us within a week or so of our wedding! Who does that?!?! The bottom line is Sarah is simply the best. You will not regret signing her up for your own big day.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Selecting Sarah for photography was one of the best wedding decisions we made! Not only is she talented, but she has this amazing energy that I found very comforting during the wedding.

She went way beyond her photography duties by helping us plan a detailed schedule for the wedding day. She gave us a lot of great feedback on this "day of" schedule and helped us prevent timeline problems that could have popped up. Thinking about this and planning it out ahead of time made me feel really confident about how things would go on the wedding day. We felt like we were in really good hands because Sarah offered a lot of extra advice when we ran into questions. This was particularly helpful when we were in the middle of a hundred wedding decisions- it was great to have Sarah's expert advice to guide the way.

Most importantly, we love Sarah's photos and we have received many compliments from family and friends. Sarah even posted sneak peak photos of our wedding night on the night of our wedding. We were so impressed that she got them up so quickly!

Sarah was super professional, flexible, and supportive throughout the whole process. We felt like we were in really good hands the whole time and highly recommend her to others.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Addie · Married on 07/20/2013

Sarah Tew is not just a talented photographer... she is an artist. Sarah shot my daughter's wedding July, 2013. Sarah captured EVERYTHING. Not just the beautiful venue, dresses, etc... She captured the emotion of the event. She did the same with my daughter's engagement photos. Sarah doesn't force anything out of her wedding parties... she sees who they are through her lens and she captures that. No phony, generic wedding poses... Her camera celebrates the event with you. She's based in Long Island City...but I urge you to transport her wherever your wedding is...she is worth it. She also does AMAZING album designs. And her photo booth set up is terrific. AW

Sent on 09/04/2013

Lauren · Married on 07/20/2013

I highly recommend Sarah Tew Photography. Sarah is an awesome person and an immensely talented artist who runs a great business.

I've never been a fan of engagement portraits - the ones I've seen have tended to have a saccharine, stiff feel that I've found off-putting. Sarah Tew's engagement portraits are completely unlike the others I've seen. Sarah made the afternoon fun and relaxed. She took photos that captured our personalities - both individually and as a couple. Every photo was fantastic.

In the months leading up to our wedding, Sarah was in frequent contact with us. It was clearly important to her that she understand the atmosphere we were going for, and what aspects of the celebration were most important to us. On the day of the wedding, Sarah was a pleasure to work with. She took full advantage of the gorgeous surroundings, and took a series of beautiful, unique portraits. Her photos of the ceremony and reception truly captured the joy of the day, and all of the moments I want to remember. Sarah also designs her clients' wedding albums, and is completely open to any adjustments. You won't need to make many, though...she has a great eye for design, and for the photos that work best together.

Sarah Tew is absolutely the best at what she does.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Laura · Married on 06/15/2013

Sarah is an amazing photographer. First and foremost, in terms of how the photos came out from our wedding (and engagement shoot), we couldn’t be happier. They were absolutely gorgeous. All of our family and friends commented on how amazing they were, saying things like “they look like they belong in a magazine!” Every time we look at the photos, we see something new – she truly captured the emotion, joy, excitement – in a way that I don’t think many other photographers would have.
    Beyond the final product of gorgeous photos, however, was Sarah’s customer service. She responds promptly to emails and was full of helpful advice all throughout the wedding planning process. She had lots of great ideas throughout the entire process, from the “unplugged wedding” to suggesting that we incorporate our kittens into our engagement shoot. And on the wedding day itself, she was scheduled to begin shooting us at 2pm in our hotel – not only did she arrive a few minutes early, but she had first gone (on her own time) to our wedding venue to scout the perfect locations for our pre-wedding photos. Throughout the night, she and her second shooter were everywhere – never getting in anyone’s way, yet never hesitating to climb up on a ladder or lay down on the ground for the perfect shot. All of which showed in the final results! Finally, we must mention her turn-around time! Our reception concluded about an hour and a half outside of NYC at 11pm, and by 4am that morning, she had a handful of the best photos up on Facebook! The full set was made available to us online within the week and the proof books and discs were mailed shortly thereafter (arriving before we had even gotten back from our honeymoon).
    In short, if you want amazing wedding photos with great customer service to match, you can’t go wrong by hiring Sarah. We can’t recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 09/01/2013

Estelle · Married on 06/08/2013

Words cannot describe how happy we were to see our wedding photos less than 48 hours after we got married. For 2 very camera-shy people, Sarah and her assistant Nick put us so at ease that we had no issues making out in the middle of Manhattan for our wedding portraits! Having met Sarah only 2 days before the wedding because I was planning this wedding long distance, I was completely reassured by her organization, her prompt responsiveness and super positive attitude! She was even accomodating towards my concerns for privacy and on the day of the wedding, kept time more punctually than even I did (esp after the nerves took over). Getting Sarah as our photographer was the second best thing we did that day, apart from marrying each other. Hire her. Just do it.

Sent on 06/22/2013

Julie · Married on 05/05/2013

I honestly never write online reviews - but just back from our honeymoon and we've received so many compliments from friends and family about our amazing photos, I wanted to share our great experience with sarah. I remember just a year ago - I was poring thru online reviews of photographers and hope this will help some brides out there. we were so happy with sarah (and her 2nd shooter - also sarah!) she caught the true feel of our wedding as well as so many natural moments. I typically don't love photos of myself and was really thrilled with how flattering the photos were. our expectations were truly exceeded.. (and they were pretty high to begin with)

Also - we woke up the day after the wedding to a "sneak peak" of photos which was so exciting to email to friends just hours after the wedding - I still can't believe sarah posted that before she went to sleep after the wedding.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Devin · Married on 09/29/2012

We had Sarah Tew shoot our wedding in Greenwich, CT at the end of September, and my husband and I couldn't be more thrilled with how the pictures came out! Sarah is so incredibly talented and captured each important moment (and so many others!) so perfectly, we were truly blown away when we saw the photos!  Sarah and her crew arrived early, were totally inobtrusive but also so professional, organized, accommodating and really creative!  Sarah was in touch several times before the big day to make sure she had all of the logistics and photo lists correct, which made the actual pictures a breeze because she had everyone organized and ready to go. We got wonderful photos of every group we had asked for, both in traditional poses as well as some more creative and fun set-ups...Like many brides, I'd put a lot of time into some small DIY projects and details, and Sarah took the time to get shots of every single element of the wedding decor in all its glory -- her photos of the tablescapes and the other details literally look like they came from a magazine, I almost can't believe they are from my wedding!!! Last (but NOT least!), I was especially impressed at Sarah's unique ability to take photos of my husband and I that were romantic, sweet, fun and creative without being corny or cheesy, which was so important to me. I can't explain how she did it, but the pictures of the two of us are breathtaking and romantic but also genuine and authentic to who we are...This was one of the main reasons we chose Sarah, and she really nailed it beyond our wildest expectations. OH and I have to add that Sarah was a pleasure to work with, and even helped me with an old photo project I did for the wedding! She also sent us a highlights album at 4am the morning after our wedding - just a few examples of the MANY ways she went above and beyond for us :) Hiring Sarah was absolutely one of the best decisions we made for this wedding, and I would enthusiastically recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 10/20/2012

Holly · Married on 09/08/2012

Sarah was not only a pleasure to work with, she took beautiful pictures of our wedding. We're so happy with her work! Her candid shots in particular really captured the fun and spirit of the wedding. Sarah was also accommodating and helped us find a package that worked within our budget. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 09/19/2012

Michele · Married on 09/02/2012

Where do I begin? From soup to nuts Sarah was the consummate professional. From the moment we met all the way to the box we just received upon our return from our honeymoon -- Sarah dots all "i"'s and crosses all "t"'s. If you pick Sarah, not only will you end up with the MOST amazing pictures (trust me, you'll look better than you thought you looked!), but you will have peace of mind that she will get the job done without drama and with great results!
    I have gotten such great feedback on the photographs and so many compliments on the photos. Plus now that I see all the shots, I am amazed at how much she caught, considering I never saw her throughout the reception!
    I promise you, you will NOT be disappointed. Sarah is great - and if you've gotten to the point of reading reviews - just go with her, you won't be sorry!
    Good luck and congratulations! :)

Sent on 09/24/2012

Andi · Married on 08/19/2012

The top portion of my list of 'good decisions I made in life' would include (a) moving to Amsterdam for college, (b) asking my wife out on a date two and a half years ago and (c) hiring Sarah as our photographer for our wedding.

Let's start with the pre-wedding activities. Sarah is a consummate professional and on top of things. She asks in great details the 'itinerary' for the day (i.e. all of the family & wedding party portraits we wish to take) to ensure that we will be on time for the ceremony; scheduled a meeting with us to understand what type of shots we are looking for, and whether there are certain details that we love that she should not miss. She is very responsive and flexible. We wanted to swap our 'engagement' session with the open air photo booth, that request was accepted without any hassle. All of the e-mails and phone calls were returned within 24 hours.

On the day she did everything she promised and had a good command of the situation. She used time very smartly (my portraits were taken during idle time after I was done signing the marriage certificate), responded well to requests from family members while keeping us moving along within the designated time.

Most importantly, we loved the pictures she took. They really capture the emotions, the feelings and the energy of the day. I recommend potential clients to browse through her website and let her work speaks for her. As importantly, she is a very positive person who is very easy to work with. I cannot stress how important this in terms of making the day enjoyable. Who wants to be bossed around on your wedding day, right? Sarah was kind, funny, friendly, and great to have around.
    Finally, she's quick to process the pics. Around midnight after the wedding she already posted a few pictures as 'sneak peek' (my facebook addicted friends appreciated that!); followed by more pictures on her blog about a week later.
    Hiring her was one of the best investments I ever made.

Sent on 09/05/2012

L · Married on 07/15/2012

Sarah Tew is great! We are so happy with how our photos came out. As soon as I saw our engagement shots I knew we had picked the right photographer and it was one thing I wouldn't have to worry about the day of the wedding. My husband and I are very picky as far as aesthetics go (an architect and an artist, respectively) and Sarah just has the eye, talent and experience to take gorgeous, interesting photos. It doesn't hurt that she's a really sweet person too.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Marisa · Married on 06/23/2012

If you are getting married in New York- HIRE SARAH TEW AS YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER. She is the sweetest, most professional photographer you could ask for. AND her photos are beautiful. She made us comfortable behind the camera, even though we don't generally love the spotlight. I would also take Sarah's rec to do an engagement shoot before the wedding, to give you time to get to know and work with Sarah before the big day. Since hiring Sarah for our wedding, we have also had her shoot a birthday party and plan to use her for all future happy occasions.

Sent on 06/24/2012

Kaitlin · Married on 05/05/2012

I loved my experience working with Sarah. She was amazing. I am not a typical bride...i hate pictures, didnt want to have the whole "getting ready" photoshoot...didn't want engagement pics...and she worked so easily with me! We did pre-ceremony pics in Washington Square Park and then onto the wedding in SoHo...she captured so many amazing moments without you even knowing she was there! All the photography came out beautifully. I ordered 3 albums from her as well, and my parents get endless compliments on how exceptional the photos are. Sarah was so accommodating at every turn, whether it was meeting me late in the evening, a schedule change, staying late at the reception, or changing my albums after they were printed! I cannot say enough good things about sarah tew photography. Any event i have in the future that needs a photographer, she will be my first call. I would recommend her to any one. She really did an extraordinary job with the photography for my wedding, and that has provided us with so many memories close to our hearts. If you want a professional with an amazing eye, who is easy to work with, Sarah Tew is the perfect choice for you.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Kathleen · Married on 04/11/2012

Sarah was a great photographer!

We gave her the unique task, of photographing our surprise wedding in New York City. We were unable to meet in person before hand (we were just visiting) so we had only connected a few times prior through email. We really put all our trust in Sarah to capture the important moments. And she totally delivered! During our intimate ceremony she completely blended in and made everyone feel relaxed. With just our parents in attendance having Sarah's photos are the only way for our extended family and friends to experience our wedding. She captured everything we wanted. And couldn't be happier with her work or service! Outstanding.

Sent on 04/19/2012
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 11/06/2011

Sarah's photos were amazing. Everyone raved about them. She was completely unobtrusive throughout the evening. And she was very flexible with us, going out of her way to make sure we were able to shoot some pre-ceremony shots in daylight even though we had our commitment ceremony the day after daylight savings started, which meant she had to start an hour earlier. Super, super, super. I would recommend her to anyone for either a commitment ceremony or a wedding.

Sent on 11/22/2011

Kate · Married on 10/22/2011

I don't know how she does it - but Sarah Tew found a way to take beautiful photos of us (and my husband and I are both normally camera-shy). Sarah's lovely to work with and we will treasure our wedding and engagement photos forever.

Sent on 12/21/2011