Sarah Tew Photography Reviews

96 | New York, NY

96 Reviews for Sarah Tew Photography

Ethan · Married on 06/18/2016

We heard good things about Sarah through mutual friends who had previously used her. From the moment we reached out to schedule an introductory meeting, we knew she was going to be our photographer. Sarah is incredibly responsive, answering all our questions, from the big ones to the annoying.

Sarah was extremely well prepared, helping us ensure the day was well planned and in terms of photos, we knew what was going to happen when. She drew up a preliminary schedule well in advance, allowing us time to make the necessary changes. No stress at all in the planning, which led to no stress on the day of.

While Sarah's professionalism shone through with all the preparation that goes into planning a wedding, her photos came out amazingly! We did an engagement shoot with her several months before the date which really helped build up our rapport as well as gain confidence in front of the camera. She has a great eye for small details, such as turning a little this way, or angling an arm differently. At the same time, she is not pushy and very easy to work with.

While we have been a bit slow in selecting our wedding album, this is not because of Sarah's work. She had all the photos ready in around a week and sent a lovely care package to our new apartment with a full proof book, some selected shots, and a very cool 3D photo viewer.

Overall, Sarah was an excellent and amazing choice for our photographer and no one will be disappointed if they hire her.

Sent on 12/17/2016

J · Married on 05/21/2016

Could not recommend Sarah Tew more! She is not only an extremely talented photographer, but an absolute pleasure to work with. We booked her for engagement photos as well as wedding photos and we were absolutely blown away by the final product. Sarah is very accommodating with any and all requests (leading up to, during, and even after the event) and is very responsive/easy to work with. Sarah goes above and beyond for her clients and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Choosing Sarah as our photographer among the top of all of the decisions that we made when planning our wedding. We chose her because we loved her work that we'd seen and because of her relaxed and friendly personality. She's incredibly professional, so organized, and extremely responsive over email. She was on top of everything during the wedding day. For example, she made it a point to ensure all photos of family/friend combinations were captured. Her easy-going nature made us instantly comfortable in front of the camera, and the shots that she captured were incredible. They're absolutely beautiful - her way of capturing color is particularly amazing. We could not be more thrilled with the way that the photos turned out and would recommend her to absolutely anyone.

Sent on 06/19/2016
  • Wayne

Wayne · Married on 05/01/2016

Sarah is unbelievably talented. I have had nothing but wonderful compliments on our wedding pictures. From our first conversation on the phone to the last email I have enjoyed every interaction. Getting pictures taken with her was exciting and if it weren't for time schedules I would have loved to take more.
    First, Sarah is great at answering her emails. She usually responds from within a few hours to a day at the latest. She is extremely nice and energetic over emails.
    She's funny, and is still very professional. Her creativity really shines when she is in her own element.
    At our wedding, Sarah and her team were on time. Also, Sarah and her assistant worked really well with our videographer. We interviewed many photographers and videographers and they refused to work with one another at the same time because each would have different ideas of how to take shots. Sarah is very professional and is also really fun to be around. Everyone at our wedding was complementing on how great of a person she was and she was very patient with everyone when taking group shots when the kids would not stay still. Like other reviews, we can't stop watching the highlight reels/photos. They are simply wonderful! We haven't seen all our photos yet, but we are very excited for when we can!
    Everyone looks fantastic in our pictures and he captured so many unexpected moments. You would feel lucky to have her take pictures for you!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Sally · Married on 04/09/2016

Sarah Tew did an amazing job photographing our wedding. She was always prompt, professional, and flexible. We loved her photos and she did a great job capturing both the formal and fun aspects of our ceremony and reception. We would absolutely recommend Sarah for shooting your wedding or any other occasion. She's the best!

Sent on 06/18/2016

Paras · Married on 09/25/2015

It's not difficult to say how amazing Sarah has been. From the initial consultation, she not only amazed us with the beauty and quality of her work, but also put us at ease in a time of chaos. Of any single component of our wedding planning, we had no worries about the photography after meeting Sarah. She was extremely patient, creative and spontaneous during our engagement shoot ensuring we had some unforgettable photos. This only got better on the day of our wedding, when somehow, she was the perfect creative director, project manager and ninja all at once. She not only kept us organized and on schedule, dare we say, almost like a wedding coordinator. Her approach is meticulous. But, you find out why, when you see the results. Our friends and family have raved about how great the photos came out. Significant and forgotten moments alike, she captured the occasion so well. And, without divulging any industry secrets, she surprised us with her ultimate delivery of the photos and files from the event. She really went above and beyond any expectation we had. We HIGHLY recommend working with Sarah if you are so lucky. She's a great talent and wonderful person. Here's a sample from our wedding: http://www.sarahtewphotography.com/blog/brooklyn-wedding-prospect-park-boathouse/#

Sent on 12/11/2015

Stefanie · Married on 07/11/2015

Sarah is such a talented photographer and such a pleasure to work with. After an engagement photo shoot in Central Park, my husband and I were extremely comfortable with her and knew we loved her work. The day of our wedding, Sarah arrived and was so easygoing, yet she seemed to be everywhere, getting pictures of every little special moment. She truly cares and her work and about the couples who she photographs. Even my husband told his groomsmen not to worry because Sarah would give them all little hints to make sure they look perfect... which she did for everyone! Not to mention how quickly she works... we woke up the morning after our wedding and Sarah had already posted a "sneak peak" of our photos on Facebook! She is truly one of a kind!!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Christine · Married on 06/20/2015

Sarah is not only a talented photographer, but she is also a true professional. In the months leading up to our wedding she was extremely responsive and answered any and all of our questions. On our wedding day she was organized, and kept us on a schedule, without being pushy, and the pictures came out great - we were able to get all of the family shots we wanted. When my grandmother wasn't available to take pictures before the ceremony, Sarah remembered later on in the evening to get some shots of us together. During the reception Sarah and her assistant Ryan managed to take amazing shots without getting in the way of the party. Wedding photographers do not get often receive the credit they are due and Sarah really deserves it. Her packages are a great value too and we really feel like we got really got our money's worth- if not more!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Brittany · Married on 06/06/2015

I would recommend Sarah to anyone. She was worth every penny for my June 2015 wedding. From the moment I met her, my husband and I were impressed by her composure, professionalism and unique style. When we signed the initial contract, we felt confident that she would not only produce fabulous photos but also maintain an unobtrusive presence during such a hectic day.

We were absolutely correct with our initial assessment of Sarah. She was incredibly responsive during the planning process. I never had a single doubt about her abilities. During our engagement photos, she got us comfortable with posing for pictures and turned around the files with record speed, happily obliging to any requests we had to enhance or print the photos.

During the wedding, she was in control while managing a very large wedding party and family. She made sure that she got pictures of everything we wanted, which is a huge advantage on such a busy day.

Sarah quickly turned around a preview of pictures that night and then sent us more and more while we were on our honeymoon. Shortly after we returned, we had the full disc of files and a few extra goodies waiting for us.

If I could give Sarah 6 stars, I would. When I have the next occasion for photos, I would hire her again without question.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Nicole · Married on 05/30/2015

There are a ton of reviews telling you what an amazing photographer Sarah is, and you can see some the visual proof online. The one thing you wouldn’t know unless someone told you is that Sarah is also thoughtful and intuitive and that these are characteristics you definitely want in your wedding photographer. I didn’t realize how important that was until I saw the photos she took of our wedding where I knew the involved parties. She really put the emphasis in the right place. If you hire Sarah, all the best candid shots will be of your favorite people, and the moments she captures will be the moments you wanted captured, the moments you missed because you were too busy elsewhere. We really don’t know how she did it. Her photos make it look like she was everywhere at once, but she was so unobtrusive that we hardly remember her being there at all. She also took amazing portraits of every couple there, which meant that we had a really special gift to give everyone along with the thank you cards.

Another other benefit of hiring someone thoughtful is that your couple portraits will make the best possible use of your location in ways you hadn’t considered and will also perfectly reflect the tone you were shooting for. For example, our wedding had a bit of a vintage flair, and so Sarah took a great Mad Men-like shot of us coming out of a revolving door and another one of me with a very cool and vintage-y backdrop, a little nook of the hotel where we were that I hadn’t noticed or thought about when I was thinking of photo locations myself. It also just so happened that you could see the Empire State Building in the background on this certain street we had to cross in order to get to the ceremony location, so she got a great shot of us crossing the street with it in the background.

All of which is to say that we are VERY happy we hired Sarah. It was a bit of a stretch for us cost-wise, but we ended up being very happy we didn’t go with someone else.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2015

Sarah is such an amazing photographer. Her pictures speak for themselves and manage to perfectly capture both small details and major events. I found her work online and knew I wanted her to do the same for our wedding. From the moment I spoke to her on the phone, I knew she would not only be personable and easy to work with, but truly care about our us and our wishes. We met to do an engagement shoot and she managed to make us feel extremely comfortable in only a matter of minutes, even while shooting outside in the freezing cold. It should have been no surprise that the pictures turned out to be amazing, but that made me even more excited for our wedding day. On the actual day, Sarah managed to take the most gorgeous photos while keeping us on time, handling our families and friends and multiple requests. I am so thankful to have had her there and to have such beautiful keepsakes from our wedding.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Sarah was my only vendor who really listened and executed everything I asked for. She is incredibly kind, generous, responsive, and thoughtful. Out of the 18 different vendors I used for my wedding she was without a doubt the best. We just received our albums and they are spectacular. Her artistic eye is fantastic and the value of her services compared to the cost is amazing. BOOK SARAH TODAY!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Jessica · Married on 04/11/2015

Sarah Tew was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. She is extremely thorough, patient, professional, organized and on top of everything needed from engagement pictures, wedding pictures, and every detail in between. To say that I am happy with my wedding pictures would be an understatement. She captured every moment I wanted, and more. Highly recommend Sarah!!

Sent on 12/09/2015

J · Married on 12/06/2014

My wife and I had our wedding photos as our highest priority and we were absolutely thrilled with Sarah as our photographer. She was 110% professional while being genuinely interested in our desires and expectations. It is now a year later and we still hear from our guests about how enamoured they were with her during the event and continue to get compliments on her results. To say that our photos from Sarah came out phenomenally is an understatement. Yes, we did some of the obligatory wedding shots that you see everyone share but Sarah was able to seize the correct moments and capture some truly stunning shots that are one-of-a-kind. If you are looking for photographers for any occasion or event in your life your search should end with Sarah.

Sent on 01/04/2016

Sarah Tew was the best investment we made for our special day. Her eye for the small, yet beautiful details, is amazing. She is extremely thoughtful, intuitive and thorough. Sarah partners with you to create a detailed timeline so that you can be sure all the photos you want are taken.

Our wedding (and engagement photos) were amazing. We have gotten tons and tons of compliments. My sister-in-law even ordered her family holiday photo card with two of Sarah's photos!

We are so glad we chose Sarah Tew to capture our wedding day!

Sent on 12/15/2014

I am not big on reviews or testimonials but since I have the utmost respect for Sarah and her staff, I have decided to write. We were looking at several other photographers for our wedding - all who came highly recommended - but it was a chance meeting at a party that led us to Sarah Tew Photography. Someone there had used Sarah at her wedding and she showed me a beautiful, artistic photo (I'll say edgy too because it shot in the rain). I was sold. Sarah has a great creative vision. Our experience could not have been more terrific, she commands respect and although it can sometimes be difficult to get everyone in place for family photos, party photos, etc., she does it with grace and ease. Do not hesitate - CALL her!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Hilary · Married on 10/18/2014

Sarah Tew is an absolutely amazing photographer, and I highly recommend her work! I found her after spending hours browsing listings from NY Times Wedding Magazine, bookmarking, and sorting photos that caught my eye. After selecting a few photographers to contact, Sarah responded almost instantaneously, and we arranged a time to meet. From the moment we met in her Queens studio, she made me and my husband feel extremely comfortable, made us laugh, and appeared genuinely interested in our story and therefore in her work. Unlike other wedding photographers we met with, she loves photographing weddings, and her love shines through in each outstanding photograph captured. She was able to tailor her wedding packages to fit our particular needs, forgoing some of the add-ons in exchange for an engagement photo shoot in Boston (and the photos came out magical). We worked directly with Sarah the entire time. She was a pleasure to work with, extremely professional and flexible. She did things I didn't even think a photographer would do such as help to create a wedding day timeline and provide valuable suggestions for what to wear during engagement photos. She posted a sneak peak Facebook album the day after the wedding, which was something I didn’t even realize was important but it was. Our photos were edited after the wedding in lightning speed (and to perfection), and she even sent us little surprise photo gifts. Obviously, you get the idea, Sarah is amazing and I wouldn’t look any further. I never even write reviews but for Sarah I had to. She documented our fairytale wedding and we could not be happier with the results. Any time I need photos in the future, Sarah will be taking the pictures (as long as she isn’t already booked)!

Sent on 12/27/2014

Kevin · Married on 10/04/2014

If you want to immortalize your wedding day forever with great pictures, Sarah Tew is your girl. Our relationship began when we did our engagement photos about a year prior to the wedding day. We got to know Sarah and quickly learned she was laid back and fun as she made us feel very comfortable during a photo session that we both felt a little awkward about. We had a blast and it got us genuinely excited to snap shots the day of the wedding.

Leading up to the wedding, Sarah provides you the opportunity to tell you exactly which pictures are "must haves." So you can list out different combinations of family members and friends that you feel you absolutely need to have. Its great heading into the day knowing that she and her staff know exactly what you want to come away with.

On the day of the wedding, Sarah and her crew are so unobtrusive. To this day I still look at some pictures from the dance floor and think "I didnt even realize there was a photographer there." Somehow, they captured every single big moment at the church and every action moment at the reception without ever intruding.

Just days after the wedding, Sarah released some "sneak peek" photos on facebook, and within about a week she had a blog post up. She summarized our wedding day, provided about 20-25 of the best pics, and a video slide show. While on the honeymoon we'd check in on facebook and her sight and see all of our family and friends commenting, liking, sharing, and reliving the whole day. I'd imagine ordinarily there's a bit of a let down when the wedding day is finally over, but thanks to Sarah's beautiful and timely work, we were still enjoying that wedding high weeks after it ended.

The best testament I can give to Sarah's photography is that you can truly convey how awesome your wedding was through her pictures. You can truly feel how much fun the day was and how beautiful everything came out just by looking at her album.

Sent on 11/22/2014

Gina · Married on 09/27/2014

Sarah Tew is a must book for any wedding! My husband and I booked Sarah after seeing some of the work she did at our wedding venue - The Roundhouse at Beacon Falls. We instantly clicked with her from the moment we met and she was even willing to travel out to Montauk to capture our engagement photos, the location were my husband and I met. Sarah puts so much love, thought, and detail into every client she works with. She is unbelievably talented and so professional. She works hard to capture every moment of the wedding and no one will ever even know she is there. Her creativity and resilience allows her to capture the most perfect and meaningful photographs. We love that she took staged photos, but the way she captures real moments and interactions is the true treasure. Our favorite photos were the ones of small moments that captured so much emotion. We highly recommend Sarah and looking forward to working with her to capture future life milestones.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Melissa · Married on 09/21/2014

Sarah is the most pleasant person to work with. She is so professional, fast and her work is so amazing. She arrived a little earlier than planned and I didn't even notice she went right to work . I barely even noticed she was there and once I saw all her photos I was surprised at some of the shots she had caught. Very personal and candid but so pretty i love all my wedding photos and so does my family. She is super sweet and her little extra touches really make the difference and she makes you feel so special. I would recommend her to absolutely everyone. in three words: she is incredible.

Sent on 10/08/2014

I could not possibly be happier with my decision to hire Sarah as our wedding photographer. Every single thing... from the work she puts into planning with us, to the stunning photos she takes, the attention to detail and the albums she delivers are PERFECTION. She is the BEST of the BEST and you get a whole lot of bang for your buck with her. I could go on forever. THE BEST!!!!

Sent on 10/01/2015
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/05/2014

Sarah photographed our wedding for us in August 2014. We couldn't have been happier with her, or the photos.

We live in Australia and so did most of our planning remotely. We met with Sarah once before the wedding in person and she just made us feel so confident and comfortable choosing her as our photographer. She was responsive via email throughout the lead-up to the wedding and since. The photographs were simply amazing, all of our friends and family have been raving about them and we are thrilled.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Alexis · Married on 06/29/2014

Sarah was amazing to work with. She shot my Tarrytown Wedding this summer and I couldn't be happier. The day of our wedding she showed up early to scope out first look locations. She found beauty in the most odd locations - She actually had me jumping in a bouncy castle in my wedding dress. She captured every moment and feeling throughout the entire day/evening.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Mark · Married on 06/15/2014

Sarah was a fantastic photographer for our wedding--the photographs were beautiful, she did a flawless job organizing and scheduling everything (we didn't miss a minute of our cocktail hour!), and her prices are superb given the level of service and attention she provides. Unlike a lot of photographers we considered, Sarah doesn't nickel and dime you to death, either for day-of services or after the fact (for prints, digital copies, and the like). We cannot recommend Sarah highly enough!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Laura · Married on 05/03/2014

When my fiance and I got engaged and began looking for a photographer for our wedding, we assumed all "good" photographers would deliver a similar product, but when we saw Sarah's previous work we realized we were wrong - her work and demeanor stood out to us above the rest. From our engagement shoots to the wedding and post-wedding processing, we have been impressed and delighted with the quality of Sarah's work, her professionalism and her friendliness. Sarah and her assistant managed to capture all of the special big and little moments of our wedding, while blending in seamlessly with the crowd. It was like they were in 10 places at once! After the wedding I was so excited to see the photos but assumed it would take a while... so when I woke up the morning after the wedding to a sneak peak of 10 awesome shots that she'd sent over at 5:30am, I was really impressed. And we got the rest of the photos so quickly! Sarah was fun to work with, and the value we got for what we paid exceeded my expectations. I will definitely go to Sarah for other major life milestones that we want captured in photo.

Sent on 05/24/2014