Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry Reviews

61 | Westport, CT

61 Reviews for Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry

1 User photo

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry 1

Sarah is amazing, hands down. She is so passionate about what she does and it shows. She will adjust whatever you want, when you want it. She is focused and brings assistants that match her talent. My girls and I looked radiant and beautiful for my day and I am forever thankful for her amazing work.

Sent on 12/08/2014
  • NATASHA

NATASHA · Married on 09/20/2014

Sarah is INCREDIBLE! From the first time I contacted her until the moment she and her assistant completed the last bridesmaid, she was the consummate professional. (My type-A personality appreciated this SO much!!!) We stayed right on schedule which was a feat considering there were 9 faces to be done.

But even more importantly, Sarah is unbelievably talented. As a person who doesn't wear makeup day-to-day, she was able to work with me to create a look that enhanced my features and didn't overwhelm them (or me). I've truly never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. Her brow and lash skills are unmatched (no one believed I was wearing false lashes) and she was able to work with upwards of 5 different skin tones that were included in the 9 women I treated to makeup services for the wedding. I highly recommend booking Sarah for your wedding or for any occasion you may want to feel just a little more glam.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Natasha thank you SO MUCH!! I absolutely loved working with you! XO

She is a true artist and was wonderful. She provided amazing service and detail for the bride and bridal party. Truly fantastic and made us look beautiful in a very natural way.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Monica · Married on 07/26/2014

Sarah was awesome! We had a warm day in July and all of our make up stayed and lasted throughout the hot sun and dancing on the dance floor. She did my make up for my sisters wedding and I immediately hired her for my wedding. She listened to the vision I had for how I wanted to look and it was perfect! She is so sweet and does an amazing job!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Sally · Married on 07/05/2014

Sarah was an absolute delight to have around on my big day. She's fun, professional, talented, and has the ability to adjust to whatever makeup style each individual desires. She did makeup for ten women on my wedding day with different complexions, features, and ideas of what they wanted. She handled it like a pro. I was worried about being too "done up" for the day, but I looked exactly like myself, just with a little extra pow! The airbrush makeup stayed all day and I felt beautiful from start to finish. I just got my pictures back and was reliving it all. I could not recommend her services more.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Monique · Married on 06/28/2014

Prior to being recommended to Sarah, I had an appointment with another make-up artist. After meeting Sarah and seeing how beautiful her work was through the bridal trial, I cancelled my other appointment immediately. I booked Sarah for myself and my 5 bridesmaids who have very different make-up personalities. Sarah not only executed everyone's desired look but also added an extra polish and glow that is so necessary for a wedding! I am so grateful to have had Sarah as my make-up artist for my wedding day. I appreciated her honesty, suggestions, and professionalism. My girls and I couldn't have looked any better thanks to Sarah - I highly recommend her to anyone that wants to look their absolute best and values a true professional!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Monique!! It was a pleasure working with you!

Liza · Married on 05/30/2014

Don't even bother looking at other artist options. Sarah is completely unmatched, her knowledge is incredible, as is her professionalism. Not to mention that what you get is very much worth the prices.

Coming from a person who can't even properly apply eyeliner, Sarah put me at ease with the whole process and left my girls, mother, and mother in law looking absolutely flawless. We all looked perfect all night.

Sarah is well worth the investment.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Katie · Married on 04/19/2014

Sarah was referred to me by a friend and I couldn't have been happier, or luckier, to have found such a fantastic makeup artist for my big day! Sarah went out of her way to travel to my parents house in CT for a consultation where she did makeup for not only myself but my mom and sister as well. We were so happy that we booked her on the spot. Come wedding day on the 19th of April Sarah arrived with a second artist, Kristine, who was equally talented, ready to beautify all the women! It was a fun few hours getting ready before the wedding and both Sarah and Kristine spent as much time with me as they did with my bridesmaids, mother and mother in law. Everyone loved the airbrushed makeup and fake lashes and both ladies brought out the natural beauty of each and every woman. They even touched up everyone's makeup before they left, ensuring we were picture perfect. I have never felt more beautiful and would recommend Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry to every bride for their special day.

Sent on 05/17/2014

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! I loved working with you!

Jessica · Married on 08/31/2013

Oh My GOODNESS!! Sarah Giggar is an EXTREMELY talented make-up artist. I feel so lucky to have had her do my make up for my wedding. During all the sessions I worked with Sarah, she was cool, calm, and collected. She did my make-up a few times before my wedding and each time I absolutely loved her work. She made me feel completely comfortable as she explained all the product she was using. I do not consider myself a make-up expert by any means, but she was able to clearly show me different looks of what I could go for. From the first time I contacted Sarah, she was quick to respond, professional, and easy to work with. When planning my wedding, I struggled with whether or not I should be the only one to get my make-up done professional or the entire wedding party. I had my bridesmaids and myself get our make-up done and each one of us looked cohesive in photographs and absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I would book with Sarah all over again if I could! She is an absolute doll and a pleasure to work with :-)!!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Kathy · Married on 08/03/2013

Sarah did the make up for my daughter's wedding this past Saturday. She arrived on time and made each bridesmaid, the mother of the bride and the bride look absolutely gorgeous! The make up looked amazing and all the guests commented on how very beautiful each person of the bridal party looked. Sarah is friendly and professional and easy to work with. She is very accessible and gracious and although she is the professional and knows what is best for each face she works on, she is willing to make changes and go with what each client wants. I found Sarah through a recommendation from an acquaintance and would recommend her without hesitation to anyone looking for a professional make up artist. She is wonderful.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Amanda · Married on 08/03/2013

I had the pleasure of having my makeup done by Sarah for my sister's wedding this past weekend, and while I wasn't the beautiful bride I still feel the need to rave about Sarah's great work! Not only did my sister look absolutely stunning but she made the entire bridal party look gorgeous as well! I would gladly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Brianne · Married on 08/03/2013

My sisters and I LOVED what Sarah did with our makeup for my wedding. She was extremely professional, friendly, and responsive to what I wanted. She was easy to contact by email and we emailed back and forth about what look I wanted before my trial, which she did right at our house! When I inevitably changed my mind months later, she was very supportive of my new ideas and implemented them perfectly the morning of the wedding! She did an excellent job on my mom and bridesmaids as well. If you want a professional who will come to your house to do your makeup, definitely use Sarah!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Allison · Married on 07/06/2013

Sarah's name was given to me by a friend - and I cannot thank her or Sarah enough! She was very professional, reliable, honest, and most importantly did an amazing job!! She was able to accommodate the different personalities in my wedding party & make everyone happy.

Everyone looked beautiful! On a 100 degree day, everyone's makeup still looked beautiful well after the reception.

I would definitely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/29/2013

Sarah was amazing! She did my make up a few times before the wedding and all of them were amazing. All of my bridesmaids looked perfect. Sarah was great to work with, always responded to emails/phone calls quickly, and very accommodating.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Laura · Married on 06/23/2013

I cannot rave about Sarah enough! She made me look gorgeous for my wedding. I wish I could take her home with me! She's professional, fun and very skilled at what she does. I've already convinced my sister to book her when she gets married. I cannot say enough good things about her. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Laura · Married on 06/23/2013

Sarah is amazing! She is personable, talented and professional. I looked and felt gorgeous on my wedding day, all thanks to her! She has an amazing talent for makeup and is very education on skin care as well. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/25/2013

Katelyn · Married on 06/22/2013

I chose Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry for my wedding day, and I would choose her again in a HEARTBEAT if I had to do it all over again.

I have never had my makeup done professionally, so of course I was nervous that I wouldn't look like myself - or that I would look "caked on". When I met Sarah for the first time, I did a trial for my engagement pictures and was SO pleased with the outcome - not only did the makeup feel so light, it LOOKED light and natural. Sarah kept her professionalism throughout the trial by making sure I was comfortable, allowing me to look at the progress as she went, and encouraged me to speak up if I didn't like anything. Of course, that wasn't necessary because she does amazing work!

On my wedding day, Sarah showed up to my house right on time, quickly set up in our kitchen, and got right to work. She was a calming spirit in an otherwise somewhat-stressed house with 7 women getting ready for a wedding! Sarah took her time during each of my bridesmaids and my mom's applications, making sure they felt comfortable. Some girls don't prefer heavy eye makeup or blush, and she truly made each of my bridesmaids look FLAWLESS, natural, and simply gorgeous. All of my bridesmaids and my mom kept complimenting each other at how beautiful they all looked.

Sarah is not only a truly talented and gifted makeup artist, but she is a kind-hearted and genuine person. She has a personality that can mesh with anyone, surely a guarantee for a flawless and peaceful experience. Given my experience in a one-on-one setting for my trial, and in a house filled with excited women prepping for a wedding, Sarah remained professional, all while being "one of the girls".

I would recommend Sarah's makeup services to anyone, any age - whether they need it for a wedding or special event. I can't say enough great things about her, and once you meet her - you'll instantly understand why.

Sent on 07/18/2013

Tammy · Married on 06/07/2013

I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found Sarah. She did my make up and my moms for my wedding day and again the next day for a party reception for which she did 8 bridesmaids as well. Everyone looked beautiful and was done ahead of schedule. She even did eyelashes for every girl! I have gotten my make up for various other weddings I was in and there is no comparison. Sarah is the best. Not only is she great at what she does she is also professional thorough and fun! I had a great time getting ready and felt the most beautiful I have ever felt. What more could you ask for?

Sent on 07/19/2013

Marietta · Married on 03/09/2013

Sarah is a phenomenal make up artist. I'm a makeup junkie myself, so I'm not particularly easy to please. First, Sarah was happy to share tips and tricks with me at the makeup trial. She gave me a comprehensive list to get my skin into tip top shape before the wedding. She answered a ton of questions and was always responsive to my many emails. Most importantly, my wedding day makeup was flawless, and it lasted until well into the wee hours of the morning. I looked fabulous even in photos from the after party. My mom and matron of honor were also thrilled with their makeup. I'd recommend Sarah in a heartbeat. She is a pleasure to work with and a consummate professional!

Sent on 03/25/2013

Marietta thank you!

Kendall · Married on 10/07/2012

Sarah was beyond wonderful. She came highly recommended by one of my sister's friends and I could not have been more pleased. She is very professional, she listens making everyone in the party’s vision come true – there was 14 of us - but provides her expertise to the situation. She is extremely personable too which made the morning smoothly and comfortable. I have since had Sarah do my make-up for another party I went to! Love her and the magic she makes!

Sent on 05/29/2013

Tracy · Married on 08/24/2012

I absolutely loved working with Sarah. She is incredibly talented and customized the look to what I wanted (even though I didn't give too much direction). She made my skin and makeup look flawless without having that over done look. I was complimented all night on how beautiful I looked and I know a lot of the credit should go to Sarah. She is not just amazingly talented, she is also extremely professional, responsive, easy-going, and a nice person to have with you as you are getting ready. Everyone was impressed and my Mom even scheduled a make up consult with her after the wedding to learn some tips! We loved her and recommend her to all brides! Great decision.

Sent on 09/23/2012

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Tracy Thank you so much!!

Rosanne · Married on 05/12/2012

Giggar Makeup Artistry (by Sarah!) was an absolute, absolute pleasure to work with. She did makeup for me and my bridal party on May 12, 2012. She traveled to the site and covered six of us (including even my Mom!) and absolutely everyone loved their makeup!

Sarah was so accessible, professional and knowledgeable from start to finish. She provided consultation in person, and as well by email and phone whenever I had a question.

Also, one of my favorite aspects of Sarah's business is that she wants her clients to build their beauty by working on healthy skincare-- it's not just about throwing some makeup on during the day of your wedding, it's about total preparation and understanding how to maximize the health of your skin so you've got a great natural canvas on the big day!

She gave me a full skincare consultation months before my wedding and recommended to me some awesome products I would never have tried otherwise (the Mia! and others), and also gave me some skincare 101 for how to deal with my acne medication and breakouts the month before my wedding (not easy with my skin!). I followed her advice, and my skin is currently in the best condition it's been in for a long, long time! She taught me not only how to prep for a wedding but how to have better skin for life!

Her replies by email were quick, thorough and helpful. She also recommended great makeup products and lip colors for me to try out to think about my "look" for the wedding. I ended up finding a new favorite lip color, and learning a little bit more about how to get the vibe of Joan from Mad Men (Christina Hendricks) -- that's who inspired my makeup!

We also had a trial run during which Sarah spent so much time with me and my Maid of Honor trying out different looks and making sure I got exactly the look I wanted -- and I got that and more on my wedding day :)

And, most important about the makeup -- it stayed on!!! It managed to look natural and dewey but did not smear or run the whole day (despite some pretty sweaty dancing at the reception and lots of tears the whole day.)

I can't say enough awesome things about Sarah. Her service is outstanding. A pleasure to work with -- she is professional, prompt, talented, thorough, and so sweet and easy going to be with on your wedding day!

-Rosanne

Sent on 05/17/2012

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Rosanne you rock! Thanks for the review!

Erica · Married on 11/12/2011

Sarah was one of the most important parts of my wedding - makeup has always been a passion and interest of mine and she makes your vision come true! Makeup was flawless and lasted well into the day after the wedding! Great pricing but, most of all THE BEST EXPERIENCE. Sarah is thoughtful, kind, creative, funny but, most of all talented! She knows exactly how to make you the most special and beautiful woman. Consider her for all of your beauty needs - I promise you won't regret it and you will be so thankful when you look back to your photos!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Dianna · Married on 10/01/2011

If your a bride who is looking for a woman who knows make-up and skin care then look no further. Sarah is incredible talented and gave me the perfect look for my big day and all of my bridesmaids could not have looked better. Even my mother and MIL loved it! She is a true artist and listens to what you want and gives great advice. Not to mention she is super fun to work with!! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/14/2012

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

I'm so happy you were pleased, Dianna!!
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 09/17/2011

Sarah was FABULOUS! She did my makeup for both my engagement photos and my wedding (as well as my bridesmaids and my mom). We were all very happy with her and would reccomend her to anyone.

Sent on 07/30/2013