Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry Reviews

72 | New York, NY

72 Reviews for Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry

Ryan · Married on 10/22/2016

Sarah is outstanding! Her partnership throughout our wedding process was always professional, encouraging, and insightful. She made every single person she performed makeup application on, look and feel amazing. This was especially important as several ladies were self conscience about wearing a red lip - and Sara assuaged every single one of them - and they now wear red lips in their regular day to day as Sara opened their eyes. Our schedule ran flawlessly, and Sara made sure to arrive early with her assistant, which allowed us to get in some extra photo time. If you want flawless makeup for your wedding, then use Sara - she is the BEST.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Ryan thank you so much!! You and Brendan are a joy to know and work with! XO

Victoria · Married on 10/16/2016

Sarah was referred to me by my friend who had used Sarah for her wedding makeup a year ago. Sarah was very easy to get in touch with, and responded within a day or two. I used her for our engagement shoot and she did an amazing job. She was extremely accommodating and came to my house before both the wedding and engagement shoot. I love the airbrush makeup she uses. she made my wedding makeup look natural, but still camera ready. I received so many compliments on my wedding makeup, and would highly recommend her to anyone needing a wedding makeup artist!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Victoria! I loved being a part of your big day!

Megan · Married on 08/06/2016

Sarah was great! She did makeup for my wedding. She was very responsive and professional! Her work was beautiful! I'm not a makeup "wearer" but I felt comfortable in my skin! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Megan! It was my pleasure!!

Lauren · Married on 04/23/2016

Sarah worked with myself and my bridal party. She managed to cater to each person's personal makeup style while still creating a cohesive look. And with only one slight touch up at 8 pm every one looked fresh faced all evening! Most importantly, she is not only good at her job but a very kind and accommodating person as well.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Lauren thank you so much! So honored to have been a part of your big day. Thank you again!

Deirdre · Married on 04/16/2016

Sarah is so talented. She was easy to work with.. And even did a second trial for me! I had a really hard time finding a make up artist that was able to make me look "fresh and natural" and have my makeup last all day and night. Sarah was able to do that! She even recommended products that helped me keep my makeup on all night! She is worth every penny!

Sent on 04/24/2016

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

This is so lovely to see! I'm thrilled you were happy with your big day makeup!

Kari · Married on 02/27/2016

Working with Sarah put me at ease. She was so organized, punctual and talented! My girls and I looked natural and felt great. Our make up lasted all night. I can't say enough.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Maria · Married on 09/06/2015

A dream to work with!

Sarah is not only talented, but exemplifies what it means to be a true professional. She is always on time, prepared and makes you feel relaxed, even under pressured circumstances. I would recommend her over and over again!

Sent on 12/31/2020

Jennifer · Married on 08/22/2015

Sarah did my makeup for my wedding on 8/22 as well as my makeup for my engagement shoot back in June. Sarah is incredibly talented and a true professional! She and her assistant did 10 people in total the day of my wedding and ended up finishing ahead of schedule! I cannot thank her enough for the incredible job Sarah did, everyone's makeup stayed in place and looking flawless well beyond the end of the reception and into the early morning of the after party! Sarah is a true talent in her craft and I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Amanda · Married on 08/15/2015

I got married on 8/15/15 and Sarah did my make up, as well as my bridesmaids make up and my mom's. Sarah is so talented as a make up artist- her knowledge and expertise is unmatched, and I felt so calm getting my make up done because of my confidence in her. She also re shaped my eyebrows on the day of my wedding and they've never looked better! I was recommended to Sarah by another friend, and will continue to recommend her. She is simply the best! My make up stayed in place all day and night and I was on the dance floor all evening!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

It was such a pleasure to work with you Amanda! XO

I think everyone I know has used Sarah for their wedding. She is professional, responsive via email, and goes out of her way to make sure everything is right. On my wedding day I had a few issues, all of which she came to the rescue - a true miracle worker! Issue #1: My finance managed to over trim one side of his beard...of course the night before the wedding. I emailed Sarah, knowing the miracle worker she is, if she could fake part of the beard with make-up. She responded (with a laugh) that she could certainly help. No one noticed that he had on a tiny bit of makeup and neither did I. Issue #2: My bridesman woke up with some pretty big circles under his eyes - not cute. He asked Sarah if she just apply a little concealer underneath and she of course said yes without hesitation. Again, saving the day (and the bride!). Issue #3: One of the fake eyelashes she put on me, for some reason, did not sit properly on my eyelid. Not her fault at all, but she stayed longer to fix it and to make sure that I felt comfortable. Sarah really went out of her way for me on numerous occasions and I appreciate her so much for it!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Emily · Married on 11/28/2014

Sarah is fantastic! I have visited her for occasion makeup, eyelashes, facials and of course my bridal makeup! She is knowledgable, professional and so enthusiastic about making you look the best on your big day. Sarah gave me the most romantic undo and my makeup was flawless. She is truly a talented artist and awesome chick! I highly recommend her for not only her bridal makeup but for her facials as well. She's the best!!

Sent on 01/11/2015

Sarah is amazing, hands down. She is so passionate about what she does and it shows. She will adjust whatever you want, when you want it. She is focused and brings assistants that match her talent. My girls and I looked radiant and beautiful for my day and I am forever thankful for her amazing work.

Sent on 12/08/2014
  • NATASHA

Natasha · Married on 09/20/2014

Sarah is INCREDIBLE! From the first time I contacted her until the moment she and her assistant completed the last bridesmaid, she was the consummate professional. (My type-A personality appreciated this SO much!!!) We stayed right on schedule which was a feat considering there were 9 faces to be done.

But even more importantly, Sarah is unbelievably talented. As a person who doesn't wear makeup day-to-day, she was able to work with me to create a look that enhanced my features and didn't overwhelm them (or me). I've truly never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. Her brow and lash skills are unmatched (no one believed I was wearing false lashes) and she was able to work with upwards of 5 different skin tones that were included in the 9 women I treated to makeup services for the wedding. I highly recommend booking Sarah for your wedding or for any occasion you may want to feel just a little more glam.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Natasha thank you SO MUCH!! I absolutely loved working with you! XO

She is a true artist and was wonderful. She provided amazing service and detail for the bride and bridal party. Truly fantastic and made us look beautiful in a very natural way.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Monica · Married on 07/26/2014

Sarah was awesome! We had a warm day in July and all of our make up stayed and lasted throughout the hot sun and dancing on the dance floor. She did my make up for my sisters wedding and I immediately hired her for my wedding. She listened to the vision I had for how I wanted to look and it was perfect! She is so sweet and does an amazing job!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Sally · Married on 07/05/2014

Sarah was an absolute delight to have around on my big day. She's fun, professional, talented, and has the ability to adjust to whatever makeup style each individual desires. She did makeup for ten women on my wedding day with different complexions, features, and ideas of what they wanted. She handled it like a pro. I was worried about being too "done up" for the day, but I looked exactly like myself, just with a little extra pow! The airbrush makeup stayed all day and I felt beautiful from start to finish. I just got my pictures back and was reliving it all. I could not recommend her services more.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Monique · Married on 06/28/2014

Prior to being recommended to Sarah, I had an appointment with another make-up artist. After meeting Sarah and seeing how beautiful her work was through the bridal trial, I cancelled my other appointment immediately. I booked Sarah for myself and my 5 bridesmaids who have very different make-up personalities. Sarah not only executed everyone's desired look but also added an extra polish and glow that is so necessary for a wedding! I am so grateful to have had Sarah as my make-up artist for my wedding day. I appreciated her honesty, suggestions, and professionalism. My girls and I couldn't have looked any better thanks to Sarah - I highly recommend her to anyone that wants to look their absolute best and values a true professional!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Monique!! It was a pleasure working with you!

Liza · Married on 05/30/2014

Don't even bother looking at other artist options. Sarah is completely unmatched, her knowledge is incredible, as is her professionalism. Not to mention that what you get is very much worth the prices.

Coming from a person who can't even properly apply eyeliner, Sarah put me at ease with the whole process and left my girls, mother, and mother in law looking absolutely flawless. We all looked perfect all night.

Sarah is well worth the investment.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Katie · Married on 04/19/2014

Sarah was referred to me by a friend and I couldn't have been happier, or luckier, to have found such a fantastic makeup artist for my big day! Sarah went out of her way to travel to my parents house in CT for a consultation where she did makeup for not only myself but my mom and sister as well. We were so happy that we booked her on the spot. Come wedding day on the 19th of April Sarah arrived with a second artist, Kristine, who was equally talented, ready to beautify all the women! It was a fun few hours getting ready before the wedding and both Sarah and Kristine spent as much time with me as they did with my bridesmaids, mother and mother in law. Everyone loved the airbrushed makeup and fake lashes and both ladies brought out the natural beauty of each and every woman. They even touched up everyone's makeup before they left, ensuring we were picture perfect. I have never felt more beautiful and would recommend Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry to every bride for their special day.

Sent on 05/17/2014

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! I loved working with you!

Jessica · Married on 08/31/2013

Oh My GOODNESS!! Sarah Giggar is an EXTREMELY talented make-up artist. I feel so lucky to have had her do my make up for my wedding. During all the sessions I worked with Sarah, she was cool, calm, and collected. She did my make-up a few times before my wedding and each time I absolutely loved her work. She made me feel completely comfortable as she explained all the product she was using. I do not consider myself a make-up expert by any means, but she was able to clearly show me different looks of what I could go for. From the first time I contacted Sarah, she was quick to respond, professional, and easy to work with. When planning my wedding, I struggled with whether or not I should be the only one to get my make-up done professional or the entire wedding party. I had my bridesmaids and myself get our make-up done and each one of us looked cohesive in photographs and absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I would book with Sarah all over again if I could! She is an absolute doll and a pleasure to work with :-)!!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Kathy · Married on 08/03/2013

Sarah did the make up for my daughter's wedding this past Saturday. She arrived on time and made each bridesmaid, the mother of the bride and the bride look absolutely gorgeous! The make up looked amazing and all the guests commented on how very beautiful each person of the bridal party looked. Sarah is friendly and professional and easy to work with. She is very accessible and gracious and although she is the professional and knows what is best for each face she works on, she is willing to make changes and go with what each client wants. I found Sarah through a recommendation from an acquaintance and would recommend her without hesitation to anyone looking for a professional make up artist. She is wonderful.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Amanda · Married on 08/03/2013

I had the pleasure of having my makeup done by Sarah for my sister's wedding this past weekend, and while I wasn't the beautiful bride I still feel the need to rave about Sarah's great work! Not only did my sister look absolutely stunning but she made the entire bridal party look gorgeous as well! I would gladly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Brianne · Married on 08/03/2013

My sisters and I LOVED what Sarah did with our makeup for my wedding. She was extremely professional, friendly, and responsive to what I wanted. She was easy to contact by email and we emailed back and forth about what look I wanted before my trial, which she did right at our house! When I inevitably changed my mind months later, she was very supportive of my new ideas and implemented them perfectly the morning of the wedding! She did an excellent job on my mom and bridesmaids as well. If you want a professional who will come to your house to do your makeup, definitely use Sarah!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Allison · Married on 07/06/2013

Sarah's name was given to me by a friend - and I cannot thank her or Sarah enough! She was very professional, reliable, honest, and most importantly did an amazing job!! She was able to accommodate the different personalities in my wedding party & make everyone happy.

Everyone looked beautiful! On a 100 degree day, everyone's makeup still looked beautiful well after the reception.

I would definitely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/29/2013

Sarah was amazing! She did my make up a few times before the wedding and all of them were amazing. All of my bridesmaids looked perfect. Sarah was great to work with, always responded to emails/phone calls quickly, and very accommodating.

Sent on 07/17/2013