sarah gee photography Reviews

15 | Columbus, OH

15 Reviews for sarah gee photography

Mary · Married on 11/12/2016

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Sarah Gee photography. I first met Sarah because she was shooting my best friend's wedding and I was in the wedding party. After that time, three other sets of friends used her for their weddings before ours, so we are very familiar with her work by now! Sarah did both our engagement and wedding photos. She went above and beyond in every way possible. She provides a lot of great information beforehand to prepare you and our shoots were amazingly easy with her. She spends so much time with you and ends up becoming a new friend and part of your family! We were so happy with our engagement photos and had a great book of them to use as our guest book at the wedding. Sarah has a great eye to scope out places to shoot pictures that the untrained eye might never notice. I thought the "first look" at our hotel would be good of us, but maybe not with the background because I had no idea where we could shoot that would be ideal. Sarah scoped out an amazing line of trees with perfect sunlight and created a set of amazing photos for us to cherish. There were so many good photos that we had a very tough time trying to select JUST a HUNDRED for our album. Sarah exceeded our expectations in every way possible and we couldn't be happier with the entire experience. We can only hope we have more photography-worthy events for her to capture in the future.

Ashlie · Married on 09/26/2015

Sarah was wonderful. We contacted her a little late in the game after another option fell through and I'm very happy the first option didn't work out. She made us feel comfortable from the very beginning, and it showed in the photos. Our engagement session was a blast. The day before our wedding, we realized there were not a ton of scenic areas near the venue for pictures. Sarah explored a bit the day of the wedding and somehow found the most beautiful spots that we didn't even notice. Not only that, she was calm, organized, and so helpful the whole day. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sarah is beyond words!! She made a believer out of my "why can't our friends just take pictures on their phones?" husband! If she can do that, she can do anything!!! He only agreed to have a photographer to appease me, now he sings her appraises to everyone.

The first major points she earned was at our initial meeting. He did not even look at her pictures (because who can be bothered with that when picking a photographer?) he wanted her to document our day just based on her! On her personality & the fact that she "got" us & what we wanted.

He begrudgingly did the enagement session (What is the purpose of this?) His tune DRAMATICALLY changed when we received our album. He even said "I'm so glad we did it!" What?!? That from Mister "this is silly"?!?! Sarah did that! She changed his mind & attitude about having a photographer!! Have I said she is beyond?

Then the wedding. A-MAZ-ING! She was able to capture the big & small moments that made our day special. I am not sure how she was able to do this because I swear I hardly ever saw her! She was in stealth mode. I know that sounds strange & I didn't even know it was important until I experienced it. We have all been to weddings where everywhere you look the photographer seems to be there, standing right in the way. Not Sarah. I didn't even know where she was most of the time. This was not only nice for the guests, but it allowed her to capture truly candid moments & not posed "candids." (You know the pictures I'm talking about.)

If you still aren't convinced she is the best, go to her blog. Read what she writes about the couples she photographs. This is what pushed her over the top, what makes her stand out above the rest. Reading about our special day through her eyes, wow, what can I say, it was, it was...beyond! Beyond words, beyond special, beyond touching, beyond expectations. Just beyond.

anthony · Married on 06/06/2015

OK, so going into this entire "wedding" process, i wasn't sure what to expect. Just like most guys Im guessing, I deferred judgements/decisions to the ladies. I figured she wanted to do it anyway. I initially thought the idea of having "engagement" pictures was a little over doing it. Just another way for them to charge more, but again, I deferred to my fiancé. After receiving our "engagement" picture book, I was, to say the least, surprised. It was executed so well. Plus I thought the idea of it being used as the guest register for the wedding day made it unique as well. Sarah was extremely open to our suggestions when it came to the direction of the pictures. She, being the professional, also made tons of very helpful suggestions as well. Wedding was in June. We received our wedding album a few days ago. It blew me away. Its so professional looking. Its amazing. The pictures she was able to create/capture were just astounding. Everyone we have shown the album to has been blown away. I don't know how she got all the shots because during the wedding/ceremony, I didn't actually see her much, but she did it. Very unobtrusive in her style. She created an atmosphere that didn't feel so "in your face" as you might expect from a photographer. Again, I can't say enough about how well the album turned out. We were thrilled with the result and would whole-heartedly suggest her to anyone who was considering her for your event. Sarah is a consummate,personable professional photographer who captured our special night like I didn't think was possible. Amazeballs!

Katie · Married on 11/01/2014

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Sarah was not only extremely sweet, but unique, original, and creative with her work. We wanted more of the candid look with out photos instead of the typical posed and stagnant look, and that's exactly what she is good at. She thought outside of the box for creative shots, and they all turned out beautifully! We received so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos. We absolutely loved every single shot she took!

Theresa · Married on 09/20/2014

Sarah was amazing! She was calm, kind, and genuinely excited for our event. The day of, she was extremely flexible and helpful. She was our photographer, but also was a big support for such an important day in our lives.

Maria · Married on 09/06/2014

Sarah was absolutely wonderful. We liked her from our first meeting. She seemed to understand us as a couple (and we are a pretty goofy couple) and know exactly what we wanted. And she did just that. Everyone who has seen our pictures just raved about them, as they should. Sarah captured us, the ceremony, our family, everything so completely. Our two most important things we wanted for our wedding were 1. good food and 2. a great photographer. We were lucky enough to hire an excellent photographer.

I don't tend to give perfect ratings for many things, but the service that Sarah provided for us was absolutely perfect. She was so professional and prompt while emailing, and very accommodating with scheduling. She was just about the only thing that I was sure would work out perfectly on the day of. My husband is particularly camera shy and somehow she got him to relax and let his personality shine through. We love our photos and had so much fun going through them over and over again to see the fantastic moments that made up our awesome day. And then she provided so much patience and support as we made our album and ordered our prints afterward.

On top of her talent and professionalism, Sarah clearly loves what she does. I glanced at her throughout the day and sometimes thought she was having a better time than our guests as she documented how much fun they were having.

I would say that I'd recommend Sarah to absolutely everyone, but I don't want to refer any poor candidates because I like her too much ;)

What a gift it was to have Sarah photograph our wedding! She was patient, kind, flexible, adventurous and creative. We loved the way she captured the details and sweet moments of our day so naturally. There were several facets of our wedding that could have been challenging--it was an international destination wedding, there was a language barrier with the majority of our guests, and the time of day made our outdoor wedding lighting tricky. Sarah went with the flow and had a smile the whole day! She was calm, helpful, and worked well with everyone. She took beautiful and artistic photos that we will always cherish. And my husband adds "She rocks!"

Sarah is a fabulous photographer. Her work is beautiful. She is very professional and accomodating to all of your needs. She was wonderful to work with and I highly recommend her to anyone.

Lisa · Married on 06/26/2012

Sarah Gee Photography is amazing. Her photographs of our wedding beautifully captured not just the little details, but all of the emotion in every moment throughout the day. I still cannot look through those pictures without little tears of joy.

She gave us the gift of being able to completely relive all of the happiness, love and excitement of our special day through her work. Since our's was a destination wedding, being able to share the experience through pictures was that much more important, and Sarah Gee delivered! We even had an old acquaintance we hadn't spoken to in years write to tell us that the photos of our wedding were so amazing that they brought tears to her eyes even though she didn't know us that well!

If you're looking for someone to capture the real moments in your life in a beautiful and artistic way, you should definitely go with Sarah Gee Photography.

Jessica · Married on 12/31/2011

I don't even know where to start when it comes to singing the praises of Sarah! When we first met with her to discuss what we were looking for in a photographer, she was just so easy going and understood the vibe my husband and I were looking for. Immediately after our meeting we knew we had found our photographer. She was always willing to meet/discuss ideas and changes right up to the Big Day. She was on time and always had a smile on her face. I never felt awkward being photographed or ever felt like she was in the way. In fact, I would forget she was there and because of that she caught some amazing moments from my big day that I had forgotten until we looked through all the pictures. The day of our wedding she wasn't just our photographer, she had in a way become a part of our family/friends that celebrated our big day, and it showed through her amazing ability to capture things no one else could capture. Sarah is talented, full of creative ideas, professional and kind.. all the makings for someone to capture moments in your life you don't ever want to forget.

Sarah perfectly captured our wedding day! She met with us ahead of time to talk about what shots we wanted, so the day of there was nothing to worry about. Sarah made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. We have so many great engagement and wedding photos to cherish forever.

Sarah · Married on 07/23/2011

Anyone with a camera can call themselves a photographer, but Sarah is truly an artist. She has amazing talent and passion and you can see it in every picture she takes. Plus, she's a ton of fun and makes you feel completely comfortable. She likes to connect with the couples she works with and tell their story through photos.

Sarah photographed my wedding a few years ago, and I am still absolutely obsessed with my pictures. Honestly. There isn't a single picture I don't like, and a ton that all tie for my favorite. :) She captured every important, meaningful moment so beautifully -- my husband's face when he first saw me, when my brother tenderly put his head on my shoulder, my sisters-in-law laughing and having fun. And she also captured the little things -- like the hummingbird next to the flowers, and the vines around the ceiling of the gazebo -- things that I might've forgotten but now bring a smile to my face years later. When I look at my pictures the memories just come flooding back as if it were yesterday.

Of all the decisions you have to make for your wedding day, I think a photographer is one of the most important. The pictures capture memories you will treasure for a lifetime. I feel so lucky to have had Sarah as my photographer! Sarah has since done my maternity photos, and then our baby pictures throughout our son's first year... we love her and her work SO much!

April · Married on 07/04/2009

Sarah is an exceptional photographer. I have trusted her with my wedding and all of my family photography. Every time she has delivered beautiful works of art. Additionally she is one of the most loving and caring philanthropist I know. If giving back is something you like to do, know that each year this wonderful lady and her family always finds a good causes to give too and by supporting/ hiring her you too are giving!!