sarah garnier Reviews

sarah garnier 5
sarah garnier 6
sarah garnier 7

Kate · Married on 11/16/2013

Sarah was wonderful. She was recommended by our wedding coordinator - Destination Weddings Tulum - and she could not have been more perfect. She came to do a trial run of my hair and makeup before the rehearsal dinner, and smartly steered me away from the original hairstyle I wanted (down, wavy), in favor of a soft, low side-bun. It worked so well in the sticky humidity of November in Tulum. She did a great job with make-up, and came well-equipped with everything you'd ever need, including false eyelashes. So much fun. The day of my wedding she did hair and make-up for me, my sister, my mom, stepmom, and mom-in-law. Everyone looked and felt gorgeous (until midnight when several hours on the sweaty dancefloor had everyone looking like they'd jumped in the ocean). But even after putting the hair and makeup to the ultimate test, we still looked pretty good. Best part! Sarah makes her own headbands and hair accessories, and had one with her that exactly matched my dress and really made the look. I'd planned on wearing fresh flowers, but her band was actually the thing I was missing. Can't recommend her enough!!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Meaghan · Married on 07/07/2012

Sarah is amazing! I contacted Sarah to do my makeup for a Halloween event in Playa del Carmen (for a super complicated face paint) and for the next night as a guest to a wedding, and I'm very happy I did. First, let me qualify my review by saying, I get makeup done regularly for events by bridal companies in Houston (ex. blush &co and the perfect face) . In fact, I did demos with three different companies in Houston, searching for the perfect look for my wedding. I also have been in a number of weddings, so I can definitely be a good judge. First, for my Halloween make-up, I got compliments all night long, and had numerous people ask me to take pictures with them, she even styled my wig. The attention to detail was phenomenal. For the next night, as a guest in the wedding, I had given her ideas of what I wanted and she delivered. My makeup looked amazing! She even asked me if I like my eye makeup shimmery or matte, I've never had a makeup artist ask me that before. She also has a lot of neat tricks to keep your makeup looking great. After partying all night long, I woke up with a perfect face (no shine), but my makeup never once felt heavy. She is also a pro with lashes, I've never had a smoother application process before. Finally, Sarah can do hair! Actually, I should say, Sarah can rock hair! I love braids but think they often look better on the flower girl or in indie chic bohemian clothes, but she gave me the coolest, trendiest, and age appropriate small braid I could ask for! I got compliments on my hair all night long. I rarely find the time to write reviews, but for this makeup/hair stylist, I had to. Sarah is awesome! One last thing, she was super punctual, stayed on track with estimated timing, and very down to earth. I only wish she lived in Houston, so she could be my regular makeup/hair stylist!

Sent on 11/05/2014

ashley · Married on 05/25/2014

Sarah did my hair and makeup for my wedding in Playa del Carmen in May 2014. She was amazing!! From my very first email with her, she was prompt and courteous. My airbrush makeup definitely looked natural and stayed put all night, even after a jump in the pool! They really know how to deal with the elements..wind, heat, etc. and everything turned out great. Sarah and a team of 2 other stylists did hair and makeup for my 4 bridesmaids, my mother and mother-in-law. Everyone had a blast and looked fantastic. They were all so friendly and nice, it made the process so much fun. We wanted them to stay for the wedding! I would recommend Sarah to anyone getting married in the area.

Sent on 08/14/2014

Jessi · Married on 11/11/2018

We haven't gotten married yet, but Sarah's makeup was used for an Engagement Photo Shoot in Tulum, Mexico. We wanted to do a trial run since I'm not a person who wears a lot of makeup, and I understand that I'm 30 years old, now. I have imperfect pores, freckles, and wrinkles that I didn't want to amplify with caked-on makeup.

Sarah was amazing, and incredibly sincere. She showed up on-time for our appointment, recommended that I try the airbrush makeup (since I didn't want a ton of makeup on my face), and added a braid to my hair that suited the outfit I was to wear for the photo session.

In October, it was muggy and grey outside and our hotel had no air conditioning during the day. Through all the sweat, sand, and salty air, the makeup Sarah applied lasted throughout the hour-long photo session, and even through dinner later that evening. I am happy to say that you could still see my laugh lines, but in a prettier, dewy-er light. I should also mention how kind she was to offer to airbrush my legs, as I was bitten by a bunch of sand fleas a few days prior to the session. It was such a nice gesture and I wanted to mention that as part of her character.

I'll be using her for our wedding day for sure. I'm also hoping that my mother and MIL will, too :)

Sent on 12/27/2017
    sarah garnier 8
    sarah garnier 9
    sarah garnier 10
    sarah garnier 11

Kellyn · Married on 12/05/2015

Sarah is absolutely fantastic. She and her associate did the hair and makeup for me and several members of my family/wedding party. Her demeanor is so friendly and professional which makes her a delightful person with whom to spend your wedding morning. Also, she is committed to making you 100% happy with your look and will make adjustments (even if you have already done a trial) until you feel your most beautiful. Sarah examines your Pinterest images in advance and then adapts to fit your actual face/hair.

Sent on 12/20/2015

Andrea · Married on 06/21/2014

I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day and Sarah Garnier is to thank for it! Sarah and her team did an absolutely amazing job with hair and makeup and I feel fortunate to have had the pleasure to work with such a talented artist for my destination wedding in Tulum. They truly wowed us and made my stepdaughter, my mom and me look and feel gorgeous!

My airbrush make-up lasted all night long and my hair was just what I wanted! When I come back to Tulum to either renew my vows or do a Trash-the-Dress photo session Sarah will be my first call!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Sarah was absolutely amazing! I chose Sarah for my hair and makeup based on a recommendation from my wedding planner (Maria Tripaldi - also fantastic!) for my wedding in Playa del Carmen in March 2014. She made me feel so comfortable before and during the wedding day. Through the email conversations, she made sure to understand exactly the look and feel I was going for, for myself and my bridesmaids. I even had a trial with her the day before the wedding and this helped a lot because it allowed us to get to know each other better and to talk out ideas before the big day. My hair was absolutely beautiful - just the way I wanted and my make up couldn't have looked better - so natural. Sarah was so easy to work with and I would highly recommend her services to anyone planning to get married down south. Thank you Sarah for making our special day perfect!

Sent on 04/01/2014

Ashley · Married on 12/07/2013

I had my hair and makeup done by Sarah Garnier for my wedding in Playa del Carmen, Mexico in December 2013. She was punctual, a great listener, very professional, and best of all, a wonderful hair and makeup artist! I wanted fairly natural makeup, which she got spot on, and wasn't 100% sure what I wanted to do with my hair. During the trial before the wedding, she helped me finalize my idea as to what I wanted for my hair (low bun to the side), and on the day of the wedding, she was easily able to work with some picky adjustments that I wanted made to the framing of my face (which I felt particularly picky about). She was also very flexible in that my mother decided at the last minute, on the morning of the wedding, that she would like to get her hair done professionally, and Sarah was able to work her in to our schedule, get everyone's hair and makeup done beautifully, and still allow the bridal party to finish with enough time to have a champagne toast and start the ceremony on time. Thank you Sarah!

Sent on 03/30/2014

Sarah was great! She did my hair and make-up for my wedding, and 4 of my bridesmaids hair. My bridesmaids and I all had pictures of what we wanted our hair to look like, and she was able to make it look just like the photos! Our hairstyles didn't last all night, but that was because of the humidity in Mexico. I loved the make-up she used! It stayed on all night and looked perfect! She did exactly what I wanted, because I wanted a very natural look. I would recommend doing a trial hair/make-up first, because I made quite a few changes the second time around. I would certainly recommend Sarah for your wedding!

Sent on 08/18/2014