32 Reviews for sarah garnier

Group Services (2)
Textured Styling (2)
Contour Makeup (1)
32 sarah garnier Reviews

We haven't gotten married yet, but Sarah's makeup was used for an Engagement Photo Shoot in Tulum, Mexico. We wanted to do a trial run since I'm not a person who wears a lot of makeup, and I understand that I'm 30 years old, now. I have imperfect pores, freckles, and wrinkles that I didn't want to amplify with caked-on makeup.

Sarah was amazing, and incredibly sincere. She showed up on-time for our appointment, recommended that I try the airbrush makeup (since I didn't want a ton of makeup on my face), and added a braid to my hair that suited the outfit I was to wear for the photo session.

In October, it was muggy and grey outside and our hotel had no air conditioning during the day. Through all the sweat, sand, and salty air, the makeup Sarah applied lasted throughout the hour-long photo session, and even through dinner later that evening. I am happy to say that you could still see my laugh lines, but in a prettier, dewy-er light. I should also mention how kind she was to offer to airbrush my legs, as I was bitten by a bunch of sand fleas a few days prior to the session. It was such a nice gesture and I wanted to mention that as part of her character.

I'll be using her for our wedding day for sure. I'm also hoping that my mother and MIL will, too :)

Profile Picture Jessi, 11/11/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Hair, Makeup

Sarah did a wonderful job on hair and make-up for me, my daughter and bridesmaids! She is a lovely person and was so easy and fun to work with as well. Thank you Sarah!

Profile Picture Mandy, 11/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I was having a destination wedding in Cancun and was so afraid of hiring someone I’ve never met or had a trial with before to do my makeup on my wedding. I did a lot of searching, emailing other makeup artists and was overwhelmed. I started looking at pictures online and found Sarah and her website. Her work was exactly what I was looking for. I emailed her and she was responsive. I invited her to my Pinterest page and sent her pictures of exactly what I was looking for. She sent me ideas of other brides she’s done and made me feel confident. I put my deposit down with no worries.
When the time finally came to fly to Mexico Sarah came to my hotel the day before my wedding to do a trial. I was so happy that she could put together exactly what I was looking for. She even put my clip in extensions with out any issues.
If your planning a destination wedding or needing a makeup artist you will not be disappointed. Her and her team did an amazing job on my and my bridesmaids.

Photo
Profile Picture Heather, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Sarah and her team are amazing! I highly recommend her services for hair and makeup. Sarah and her assistant did hair for myself, 4 bridesmaids, mother of the bride and mother of the groom..... as well as airbrush makeup for myself and 1 bridesmaid. Everyone looked gorgeous!
Sarah and her team can do any hairstyle you ask! Myself and my bridesmaids all brought pictures of hairstyles including the current trend of updos with braids and they were done perfectly. I requested a half up do with flower crown and she worked in the flower crown perfectly. They were also very patient and understanding with the moms and with all of the commotion going on in the bridal suite where we all got ready. My airbrush makeup looked incredible! I asked for a beachy glowy natural look and again Sarah nailed it. I have never felt more beautiful in my life!!

Profile Picture Shanna, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

We loved Sarah and her team! I first worked with Sarah in April for a trial session before our engagement pictures were taken. She did a beautiful job and even changed my hair a little so my (now) husband wouldn't see my hair. Hair and makeup looked perfect for those pictures. For the actual wedding, Sarah and her team did the h&m for myself and 7 others (I did airbrush makeup and the rest of the group did traditional). Everyone looked SO beautiful and felt so special. I cannot thank you all enough - my mom was just in awe of how she looked and felt. I am overjoyed as I felt like the looks accentuated everyone's beauty without looking too overdone for a beach wedding. Thank you to Sarah and her team!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/25/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

We got married in Tulum and Sarah came to Nueva Vida de Ramiro on the day of our wedding to do my hair and make up. She is very talented, friendly, and patient. Her team was wonderful to work with up until the day of our wedding as well. My hair looked stunning and I felt so gorgeous in her make up. I highly recommend Sarah!

Profile Picture Pollee, 11/24/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sarah is a very talented professional. I truly enjoyed working with her and her team. From the moment I asked for a quote, to the day of the wedding, her team will treat you well and worth every penny. I highly recommend also booking her for your rehearsal dinner. She has a great package deal for trial which you can do on the rehearsal dinner night and the day of the wedding. I received quotes from other makeup artist in the area and hers was the best. She's also very friendly and easy to work with. Sarah muchas Gracias por todo y Feliz Año Nuevo!

Profile Picture Francis, 10/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sarah was just amazing! She is fun and sweet and very, very professional, I feel very comfortable during the whole experience; everything was on point and I didn't have to worry about a thing. She was very accommodating and I look exactly how I wanted too. I strongly recommend her for such and special day.

Profile Picture Maru, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I loved the whole process of working with Sarah and Joanna. Prior to our wedding we headed to Mexico for a trial, which turned out awesome. I was informed that Sarah would not be available for the actual day of the wedding but they made it up and also made me feel comfortable with her replacement by providing another hair trial the night of our welcome dinner. I don't wear a lot of makeup normally and using the spray application Joanna created the perfect look. Everyone raved about how great the make up looked and how it held up through the entire night, humidity, sweat and all. I highly recommend Sarah Garnier and her staff for your special event in Mexico.

Profile Picture User6081282, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sarah and her team member Johanna were everything I wanted and expected! They made myself and all my bridesmaids look absolutely stunning! I was nervous about my hair and make up in the heat but my hair and make up didn't budge once!!! I loved it! I was glowing on my wedding day! I would recommend Sarah and her team to any bride that are doing a destination wedding in Mexico!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

We chose an external hair and makeup (H&M) from the resort, because I wanted to be able to go through a website, and be 150% confident in who I was getting to do my H&M. As a previous pageant girl I’m extremely picky about proper H&M. Destination wedding brides, make sure you check if your resort charges an external vendor fee, or if an outside vendor is allowed on the premises prior to booking your hair and makeup.
I love Sarah’s website. That’s what really levitated me to contacting her. I had narrowed it down to 5 different H&M companies. My MOH and bridesmaids, who also are very, very picky when it comes to H&M narrowed it down to 2 different companies. Sarah was one of them. In addition, my wedding photographer (who I trust dearly) who sees various H&M artists on a daily basis, also vouched for Sarah. In the end, I chose Sarah based on style, affordability, and the exceptional level of service. This is super important, if you’re an OCD bride who likes a quick response. In addition, I love that she keeps her social media up-to-date, so you can follow her work throughout the year.
Due to the high humidity, air brushing was strongly recommended not only by the makeup artist but by the photographer. So we decided to go with air brushing.
One month before our wedding, Sarah contacted me with a schedule and made sure it was exactly what I wanted.
The H&M was mind blowing. We purchased H&M for the trash the dress (TTD), a trial for our rehearsal dinner, and the day of the wedding. For the TTD, I was in an underwater cenote for over 3 hours and the H&M did not move or smudge. The pictures were were awesome.
For the day of the wedding, the H&M and eyelashes held in the 35 degree humidity and we even jumped into the pool in our wedding clothes and the H&M held. We loved the H&M, very beautiful.
Sarah and her team were always on time, and made sure we were ready on time. Brides, if you want to make sure you look perfect on your wedding day, choose Sarah.

Profile Picture bebeci, 6/8/16, 14 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Blowouts, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling

Sarah was a delight to work with! She is very responsive - it never took her more than a few days to email me back with any questions/concerns I had. My trial was just a few days before the wedding and I was probably much more particular than most brides and she was very accommodating. I gave her pictures for both hair and makeup and everything turned out exactly how I wanted. I even asked her to use some of my preferred makeup products and she had no problem with that. While my bridesmaids were getting ready, she was happy to take my feedback to make sure everyone looked their best. She's extremely professional but also very personable. I would highly recommend her. I looked at some of the other vendors in Playa and they seemed overpriced for no reason.

Profile Picture User5100844, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup

Everything was great about Sarah's services. From hairstyle to airbrush makeup, my bridesmaid and I have been absolutely satisfied with her great and professional work. She went to Isla Mujeres to take care of us. I highly recommend her! Thank you Sarah!

Profile Picture Monia , 4/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Sarah was absolutely fabulous. So professional and fun. My hair and makeup looked exactly the way I wanted, it was perfect!

Profile Picture Rachel , 4/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup

Sarah is absolutely fantastic. She and her associate did the hair and makeup for me and several members of my family/wedding party. Her demeanor is so friendly and professional which makes her a delightful person with whom to spend your wedding morning. Also, she is committed to making you 100% happy with your look and will make adjustments (even if you have already done a trial) until you feel your most beautiful. Sarah examines your Pinterest images in advance and then adapts to fit your actual face/hair.

Profile Picture Kellyn, 12/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Thanks to Sarah Garnier and her team for the lovely memories and her friendly advice!

Profile Picture Rii, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

We had a destination wedding in Playa del Carmen on June 26, 2015. I found Sarah through my searches for various vendors. I emailed her immediately after I saw her website, as well as her reviews. Sarah was so helpful to me in the planning of my wedding, as well. She helped me find my wedding planner and my photographer, since I decided not to use our hotel services.

As Sarah and I planned my hair and makeup for our special day, she recommended that I create a Pinterest board. This really helps her get an idea of what you're looking for, but helps the bride as well. I also provided Sarah pictures of my family members that she would be preparing hair and makeup for, which was very helpful for her.

Sarah arrived with her assistant on the day of the wedding on time and very professional. She had provided me the timeline in advance for my family members that were going to have services. She provided makeup on my mom, daughter and soon-to-be bonus daughters and then they would have their hair done by her assistant. They were both incredible.

When it came time for my appointment, Sarah listened to everything I had to say, as well as pulled out her iPad and opened up my boards on Pinterest. She did my makeup exactly how I wanted it. I chose to have airbrush for my makeup and loved it. Sarah also did my hair for my wedding and it looked beautiful. She finished in plenty of time for touch ups if anyone needed, which nobody did, and time for me to get dressed for my wedding.

I, also, had Sarah come back to the hotel for Trash The Dress photoshoot. She applied waterproof makeup and did my hair again as beautiful as she did on the day of our wedding. Sarah came on location with us to the Cenote and would touch up my hair or makeup as needed.

I HIGHLY recommend Sarah for hair and makeup. I can't wait to send her some pictures.

Thank you, Sarah, for making my day so special, including the Cenotes.

Profile Picture Stacey, 6/26/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

It was such a pleasure including Sarah in our 'Trash the Dress' photo experience! She came highly recommended to us by friends who worked with her from California (where we live) and once we sent her a message, she responded promptly and had excellent communication with us!! She answered all of our questions and formed a relationship with us before we even met! The day of our photoshoot, She arrived at our hotel at 5:30 am after traveling over an hour to make sure I would look beautiful and would be ready In time! she kept me calm and in a positive mood for our once in a lifetime experience!! She has a warm welcoming friendly nature about her and she will do everything she can to make sure she meets your expectations! Just being in her presence makes you feel special:) Thank you for an unforgettable experience and being so amazing... You jumping in the cold cenote water with your makeup brush In hand just shows the type of professional and wonderful woman you are! Xo

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Me contacte con Sarah para mi boda en Playa del Carmen el 23 de Octubre de 2014, es muy profesional, su trabajo es impecable, los productos que usa son de la mejor Calidad, sobretodo para el clima de Playa, estuve impecable durante toda la noche, la recomiendo mucho quede muy feliz con su trabajo ademas de ser Muy Linda y Buena Onda.

Profile Picture Tatiana, 10/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Sarah, what can I say, everything was perfect, she was on time for the trial and for the big day, I loved my hair and makeup, very professional and nice, My sister, mother, sister in law and my best friend were also very happy with their hair an make up. Thank you very much and we of course will recommend your services to anyone! Muchas gracias Sara, un gusto el haberte encontrado y claro que te super recomiendo, todo me encanto! Saludos Aurora Xx

Profile Picture Aurora, 9/6/14, 1 Review
4.7

Sarah was great! She did my hair and make-up for my wedding, and 4 of my bridesmaids hair. My bridesmaids and I all had pictures of what we wanted our hair to look like, and she was able to make it look just like the photos! Our hairstyles didn't last all night, but that was because of the humidity in Mexico. I loved the make-up she used! It stayed on all night and looked perfect! She did exactly what I wanted, because I wanted a very natural look. I would recommend doing a trial hair/make-up first, because I made quite a few changes the second time around. I would certainly recommend Sarah for your wedding!

Profile Picture colleen, 7/5/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sarah is amazing!!! Not everybody has talent when it comes to make up and hair but Sarah not only has talent but is patient and very pleasant ,I wanted a natural look and she made it happen,I really recommend anybody but I would recommend Sarah to any of my friends or bride to be.
My wedding pictures came out amazing and it's all because of her,my hair ,my make up everything looked perfect!!! And I'm very picky!!!!
I wouldn't give Sarah anything less than 5 stars
Patricia

Profile Picture Patricia, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day and Sarah Garnier is to thank for it! Sarah and her team did an absolutely amazing job with hair and makeup and I feel fortunate to have had the pleasure to work with such a talented artist for my destination wedding in Tulum. They truly wowed us and made my stepdaughter, my mom and me look and feel gorgeous!

My airbrush make-up lasted all night long and my hair was just what I wanted! When I come back to Tulum to either renew my vows or do a Trash-the-Dress photo session Sarah will be my first call!

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Sarah did my hair and makeup for my wedding in Playa del Carmen in May 2014. She was amazing!! From my very first email with her, she was prompt and courteous. My airbrush makeup definitely looked natural and stayed put all night, even after a jump in the pool! They really know how to deal with the elements..wind, heat, etc. and everything turned out great. Sarah and a team of 2 other stylists did hair and makeup for my 4 bridesmaids, my mother and mother-in-law. Everyone had a blast and looked fantastic. They were all so friendly and nice, it made the process so much fun. We wanted them to stay for the wedding! I would recommend Sarah to anyone getting married in the area.

Profile Picture ashley, 5/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sarah Garnier did my hair and makeup for my wedding in Playa Del Carmen on April 05, 2014. She was very prompt, professional and friendly. I showed her a picture from Pinterest of the type of hair style I wanted and she did a an incredible job replicating it while adapting it for my hair. She also made my makeup look super natural and fresh. I went with airbrush makeup because of the weather in Playa and it held up all night - even after jumping into the pool! Plus she offered a very reasonable rate for both me and my bridesmaids. I would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture Dahlia, 4/5/14, 1 Review