Sarah Bradshaw Photography Reviews

60 | Hyattsville, MD

60 Reviews for Sarah Bradshaw Photography

We wanted a Gospel centered wedding to be what came across in our pictures and Sarah did an amazing job of capturing that! There were things that she photographed as I was getting ready that I hadn't even mentioned to her or thought of myself and they ended up being my favorite shots i.e. the devotional I read the morning of the wedding, scripture verses that I had up around the apartment. She gave it such a personal touch. The pictures turned out great!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Rochelle · Married on 09/13/2014

Sarah did a absolute perfect job photographing our wedding!! Our pictures were breathtaking... She was so easy to work with and was so nice. We were so happy to have had Sarah be a part of our special day!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Kristen · Married on 06/01/2014

Sarah was a blessing to work with leading up to the wedding as well as during our wedding. It was an absolute joy to have her photograph our wedding. She was great during my 'bride' session before the wedding when my face was hurting and I kept telling her I couldn't smile anymore.
    Pictures has always been a 'big deal' for me when it came to my wedding and Sarah delivered above and beyond! She captured our wedding day the way I always dreamt and was gracious to work within our budget. I will cherish the photographs and memories forever!

Sent on 11/26/2014

Caitlin · Married on 11/08/2013

Sarah was amazing! We loved her and the photos of our wedding are incredible! I couldn't have asked for a better person to be such a huge part of a very important day!

Sent on 01/23/2014

Kirk · Married on 10/06/2013

Sarah is the best and you should hire her

Sent on 01/22/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2013

Sarah was absolutely wonderful to work with!! She is so sweet and professional and my family loved her! The photos were beautiful and I love looking at them over and over. She truly captured so many special moments that we will treasure forever! I cannot thank her enough!!!

Sent on 01/23/2014

Sarah was absolutely amazing. From the moment my fiance (now husband) and I met her, we felt comfortable, at ease, and confident that Sarah would be able to capture our wedding day exactly how we wanted. Sarah is so full of life and it shows through the camera. Her ability to capture moments in time is what initially drew me to her work. She also experiments with different types of lighting, which I love because it makes her photographs so much more unique. My husband and I met with Sarah a number of times throughout our engagement and she was always very professional. She was extremely flexible and responsive, whether it was via email or phone. Sarah went above and beyond her duties as our photographer. She was able to take charge during the huge family pictures and capture our wedding day exactly how I remember. Our engagement and wedding pictures turned out beautifully and all of our friends and family agree.

Sent on 01/27/2014

Meera · Married on 05/11/2013

Sarah was an amazing photographer. The minute we met up over coffe, I knew I had found the right person! It's so important to be friends with the person who will be capturing one of the most important days of your life. The day of the wedding I was so impressed with the way she was able to wrangle everyone during the short amount of time we had between ceremonies. And she did it with such kindness, firmness and grace. I felt like I had someone on my side too because we had talked so much before the big day. She knew me and what i was looking for. The photos Sarah captured were stunning and bring tears to my eyes every time I look at them. I couldn't have asked for more perfect memories of my wedding day. Thank you, Sarah!

Sent on 01/25/2014

Sheila · Married on 05/04/2013

Holy cow, can I just say that Sarah is incredibly talented and I am so thankful I found her! From the moment we met, she was an absolute sweetheart to meet and get to know and a wonderful person to have work at my wedding. Her photography is a gift because I cannot tell you how incredible the photos she took are - and that is just a day after the event with a preview of the photos she posted. Honestly, I cannot think of a better person to have work at my wedding - she is professional, fun, a joy to have photograph you and makes you feel so beautiful. I have never felt as beautiful as I did that day and her encouragement, originality, and photography style absolutely contributes to that. I can't imagine having a better photographer, or a more wonderful person, take pictures on our special day - she is just fantastic and I would gladly recommend her expertise to anyone I know. Thank you so very much Sarah, you have been a pleasure to work with and a wonderful new friend. Someday, when Matt and I have babies, you'll be getting a phone call!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Mary · Married on 04/13/2013

Sarah is the most comfortable, creative photographer. Pictures are a joy with her, never a stress. She has an incredible eye and a timeless, classic style.

Sent on 04/30/2013

Ruth Ann · Married on 03/02/2013

Sarah is a delight! From the first email she sent me, she made me feel as if we had been friends forever. She was really good about answering my questions and made me want to know her more. At the wedding she was so sensitive to what I needed [sometimes that I didn't know I needed!]. She made sure to tell me to relax, enjoy the day, just be myself. At one point in the reception she highly suggested I sit down and take a bite to eat. Her lovely spirit radiated everywhere, and my bridesmaids and family were quite impressed. My husband told me he was so glad I chose her to be our photographer. I wouldn't have had it any other way. She's passionate about what she does and she does it so well. And to top it all off, when I thought I was getting a sneak peak of our pictures, she sent me ALL of the pictures WAY before I ever expected them. I'm so happy with my choice.

Sent on 04/09/2013

Darren · Married on 02/16/2013

Sarah Danaher at Ampersand Photography is an amazingly talented photographer and did a superb job on our wedding photos! My wife and I are so grateful for how well the pictures turned out; she captured one of the best days of our life in fantastic color, lighting, and crisp photos. Highly recommend, worth the cost!

Sent on 03/19/2013

Bethany · Married on 11/18/2012

Sarah was amazing to work with from start to finish. My meetings with her were by far the most relaxing and enjoyable part of wedding planning for me. She treats her clients like friends and not just a business deal. She takes incredible photos and really puts everyone around her at ease. My husand and wedding party keep telling me how much they loved working with her on the wedding day. I've only seen a preview ofthe wedding pictures so far (since the wedding was only 9 days ago), but I've already had people tell me they are the most beautiful wedding photos they have ever seen. I would absolutely recommend Sarah's to everyone I know. Thank you!!!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Sarah Bradshaw Photography's reply:

Bethany, you are so kind. Thanks so much!! I looooved shooting your wedding (and can't wait to show you ALL of your pictures!!)

Ampersand Photography is incredible! Sarah is a dear friend and she makes people feel so comfortable and really gets wonderful shots. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 03/20/2013

Nick · Married on 06/02/2012

Simply put, we couldn't be happier with Ampersand Photography. And we're tough critics–I'm an Art Director by trade and my wife was trained as a fine artist.

Sent on 03/18/2013

John · Married on 05/12/2012

Sarah is a true professional. She captured every nuance of our day and was very easy to work with. Sarah exceeded our expectations throughout the entire process, and was wonderful with follow-up! You can see her work on our wedding on her photo blog. Awesome!

Sent on 03/20/2013

Rebecca · Married on 01/21/2012

My husband had contacted Sarah when he was planning our engagement, and thought to have a photographer present to capture the moment first hand on film. Sarah not only agreed to serve as a photographer for this event, but made us feel comfortable and allowed us to celebrate our engagement with many photos that afternoon. I was surprised by the engagement, and the photographer...but despite all of this the photos were amazing! We both felt obviously comfortable in front of Sarah's camera and her photos were beautiful. There was no question as to whom we preferred to shoot our wedding once we set the date, but we checked around with other photographers and found our hopes met with the fact that Sarah's prices, portfolio, flexibility, business model, not to mention character to be the absolute best fit for us and were so happy when she was able to serve as our photographer. The wedding photos were meaningful, plenty, and an absolutely beautiful portrait of our ceremony, reception, emotions, and love. I have recommended Sarah to many friends for her amazing work, professionalism, kindness, easy to work with personality, and artful eye knowing they will not be disappointed and can not sing her praise enough!

Sent on 06/28/2012

Vanessa · Married on 10/15/2011

Sarah was hands-down the best decision we made for our wedding. She has a unique ability to capture precious moments that happen on such a special day and the emotion comes through our images.
    Both my husband and I love to look through our wedding pictures. Just the other day, I walked into his office to find him looking through them once again, all choked up (and he never cries!!) He got up from his chair and just held me telling me once again that those pictures help him remember the most wonderful day of his life. This happens EVERY time he looks at them.
    Sarah was so easy to work with and the images she produced were STUNNING! She is an incredible person and there is no one else who could have captured our wedding as beautifully as she did. She will definitely be a friend for life. :)

Sent on 06/20/2012

Joshua · Married on 09/03/2011

Sarah could not have been better! It was a wonderful experience. The photos are amazing. The downside is having to pick which of the 1000 or more photos to actually print because they all came out great and captured some priceless memories from our special day.

Sent on 03/02/2012

Grace · Married on 08/06/2011

Sarah was such a pleasure to work with for our wedding. She was very accommodating and flexible. She listend to what we wanted, and added her eye for detail and creativity to give us amazing pictures. Would definitely recommend her as photographer for your wedding!

Sent on 03/04/2012

Melissa · Married on 07/02/2011

Sarah is a joy to work with and a true artist! No one I would rather have documenting the day! She captures the day as a story, not only in her gorgeous pictures, but also by getting to know the couple and blogging about their story. Such a special way to remember our special day.

Sent on 07/11/2011

Anne · Married on 05/07/2011

As I was looking for a wedding photographer this past winter (2011), I came across photos taken by Sarah Danaher of Ampersand Photography on one of my friend's Facebook accounts. I was immediately drawn to the clarity and vibrant colors of the photos, as well as the natural poses and expressions of the people in them. I hoped she lived nearby or would be willing to travel so we could try some engagement shots in Northern Virginia. I contacted her by e-mail and discovered that she lived only about an hour away. She quickly sent me her information and rates, which I found to be extremely reasonable. I asked her to come up to my family's home and do an engagement shoot in March, and my fiancé and I had a great time posing, laughing, and getting to know Sarah and her warm, enthusiastic personality. By the end of the shoot, we were both convinced that she was definitely the right choice for our May wedding. She even drove with us the extra 40 minutes away to check out the reception cite!

We got the engagement pictures back a few weeks later and they were clear, beautifully composed, and had true-to-life color and movement in them. So, we were obviously very comfortable with her as our photographer when the wedding day approached. I am a very detailed person and wanted everything to be dependable and in place, and I felt like Sarah gave me that support during the wedding planning process through her responsiveness to my e-mails and questions. I also made a list of specific shots I wanted and gave them to her ahead of time and she was able to accomplish what I'd wanted.

Sarah did an excellent job of supervising people and time on the wedding day, whether it was getting people to the right place at the right time, arranging group photos, or taking candid shots. We took her suggestion and allowed 2.5-3 hours for the bride and groom portraits, bridal party shots, and family photos before the ceremony, and the pacing was perfect. She was very time conscious but not rushed, professional and gracious, unobtrusive during the ceremony, and was in just the right places to catch the humor, beauty, and romance of the day. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

When we got our digital photo proofs back 9-10 weeks later (as specified in the contract) in their fully edited form, we were blown away by the clarity and vibrancy of the shots. I felt like Sarah got a good balance of both close-up portraits and action shots during the wedding and reception, and the lighting was very good for the most part. I did prefer the outdoor family shots to some of the group photos she took in the sanctuary because the lighting was more natural, but then again the church sanctuary walls were yellow and didn't provide very much contrast between people's faces and the walls.

Needless to say, the photos look wonderful in digital form, in print, and on canvas. Our whole family and all the friends who have seen our wedding photos have commented on what a wonderful photographer we had and how great it is to be able to have such beautiful pictures to remember our wedding by. I very highly recommend Sarah and Ampersand Photography!

Annie R.

Sent on 03/07/2012

Leah · Married on 10/10/2010

Couldn't imagine finding a better photographer! Not only was Sara great on a professional level, but she was also extremely personable and friendly. She made us feel 100% comfortable and at ease (never akward or forced) which resulted in natural and beautiful pictures.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Kelsey · Married on 07/10/2010

Sarah was amazing and makes you feel comfortable immediately. I loved getting to know her and her work is perfection!

Sent on 03/17/2012

Stephanie · Married on 01/03/2009

Sarah did an AMAZING job with my wedding. She made picture taking fun and I actually heard some of the groomsmen say (who usually hate pictures) that having pictures taken at our wedding was actually fun and they didn't mind it at all. That's saying a lot since we had seven groomsmen. The pictures were gorgeous, she was very easy going and enjoyable to have around. She was creative and prompt after the wedding. She emailed me a teaser album pretty quickly and I got the whole cd not too long after. I highly recommend Sarah to anyone who is getting married and talk about her to my friends all the time!

Sent on 07/04/2012