28 Reviews for Sara Williams Wedding DJ & Event Planner

Liability Insurance (1)
MC (1)
One Event Per Day (1)
28 Sara Williams Wedding DJ & Event Planner Reviews

Sara handled both DJ'ing our wedding reception as well as managing the photobooth. I cannot recommend her enough. She is an incredibly detail-oriented, professional, and fun presence. Looking around for wedding DJs, you might be struck by how the field is filled with men, many of them "bro party" types that were just not our style at all. Thank goodness we found Sara! She was super flexible during the reception, adding songs here and there if we requested them, making announcements when we needed them to be made, and helping out (with her assistant) with any trouble-shooting that needed to be done with the photobooth setup. She was also able to stay an extra 30 minutes on the spot when our guests just weren't ready to put away their dancing shoes, which was so appreciated. Plus, her songs ROCKED. She is all about the bangers. It was also great that she mixed in great songs of her choosing plus some of the best songs that our wedding guests requested on their invites (we gave her a playlist of these songs beforehand, making it clear that some songs were better than others...). The photobooth setup was also a huge hit with all of our guests - the props were super fun and engaging, especially with kids, and the addition of the incredibly professional photoobooth with dj'ing services was a real steal price-wise. She was also able to share with us a Spotify playlist of all the songs played while dancing, which will help us relive one of the funnest nights of our lives! Sara was a huge part of making our wedding one of the best weddings our guests have ever been to (so they say)! Hire her!

Profile Picture Jasmine, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Sara did an awesome job as our wedding DJ! She was able to incorporate lots of the music we requested and also really understood the vibe we were going for. Our dance party was awesome, complete with a big sing along of irish songs which was something special we had requested. She was also able to provide 2 set-ups so we had one for our ceremony and one for our dinner/dancing. I would highly recommend her services our guests were very happy with the music and so were we!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

We hired Sara to provide sound for our wedding ceremony, as well as music for our reception. Because both my wife and I are details-obsessed people, we had a number of specific requests (ceremony, cocktail hour, post-dinner dance party) that veered close to micromanagement, but Sara took them all with good grace-- and executed them all as requested! She fit in pretty much everything we requested (and if she missed any, we were having such a good time that we didn't notice or care), and the rest of her playlists were right on target for our desired vibe. And her style is classy yet fun-- not cheesy and forced like DJs at other weddings I've been to. All the guests who stayed for the after-dinner dancing commented on what a blast they had. We highly recommend Sara-- and she's a particularly good choice for detail-oriented, anxious types (like us), as she's very responsive to client questions and concerns.

Profile Picture Ulysses, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List

Sara is an exclusive boutique wedding vendor. She delivers an upscale wedding experience.

Sara is excellent at what she does. She knew what to play at the exact right moment during our wedding... we were blown away. She was definitely on the same wavelength as us.

We felt reassured that the owner of the company was in charge of the music, because we knew that she was 100% invested in our event's success. Her services, equipment, and sound quality are top-notch. With Sara in charge or the soundtrack for your day -- your wedding stand out!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

I cannot say enough good things about Sara! If you need a DJ for your wedding, you have to pick her. She had everyone singing and dancing all night!!! Her song choices were right on point, she listened to all requests and did a great job at reading the crowd to make sure that every single guest was dancing! It truly was an unforgettable night and I can't thank Sara enough for doing such an amazing job!

Profile Picture Scarlett, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I wish you were at our wedding. It was SO MUCH FUN! But, trust me, Sara will rock your wedding! She knew exactly what to play and really put thought into our playlists. I felt so moved by every thoughtful song choice she made. She set the tone for the whole day, beginning before the ceremony!

Sara read the crowd and had the dance floor pumping all night with an eclectic blend of music (our favorites are indie pop, 90s hip hop, and punk!)

We love Sara!

Profile Picture Jen, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were looking for something a little different when it came to our music - nothing clubby or corny. Sara did an amazing job delivering a unique mix of music based on our preferences. We loved the songs she chose for both the cocktail hour and the reception. And our guests did too!

Profile Picture Julia, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Sara was an absolutely AMAZING wedding DJ! We picked her out because we're not really into Top 40 and "thumpy thumpy" music and were looking for something different. We live in Boston and she's based in Avon and she had no problem meeting up with us in person before we signed with her to discuss what we wanted! (A few other DJs we e-mailed with would only talk over the phone or insisted we come to their "office hours" as a coffee shop at times that weren't convenient for us, so we obviously did not go with them). Sara loved our ideas for music - jazz, swing and crooner music before the wedding (Think Otis Redding, Dave Brubeck and Sinatra); cocktail party music during cocktails (Think Revolver, Wilco, Alabama Shakes); and oldies and classics for dancing (Shout, Michael Jackson, Sweet Caroline). All the young people loved it, all our parents and older relatives loved it - it was a win all around. Everyone thought Sara was amazing and asked where we found her (A combination of Wedding Wire and Google!). So if you're looking for something a bit more fun & non-traditional, Sara is your go to gal!

Profile Picture Patrick, 6/11/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Sarah was absolutely amazing. She absolutely understood who we were and what we wanted for our wedding and 100% nailed it. All night long our friends and family came up to us complimenting us on how great of a job she was doing. She did a tremendous job of playing the music we wanted to hear and kept the energy level up all night. She really understood the crowd and kept everyone having a great time. Sarah is extremely professional, friendly and positive. We can't stress enough how phenomenal of a job she did and if we ever need a DJ again for anything Sarah is our absolute only choice. Seriously, you need to hire her, like right now.

Profile Picture Anne Marie, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I can't imagine anyone being more qualified to DJ our wedding. We had a multi-cultural non-traditional wedding, and Sara hit it out of the park. We gave Sara a handful of songs to play (foreign, must hear) and she crafted the best playlist imaginable by reading the crowd and knowing our music interests. Sara knew exactly when to play the songs we wanted to hear without us directing her to do so at a specific time.

Her dance floor lights added an amazing ambiance and club feel to the night and that only improved the PACKED DANCE FLOOR all night. Our guests were actually already dancing during dinner.

When the evening was over, my friends were shouting for more music, and she played one last song. Journey, anyone?

If you are looking for the best DJ here she is.

Profile Picture User5554441, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Liability Insurance

If you want an amazing dance party at your wedding then hire Sara right now! We interviewed a few DJs and everyone was so cheesy. Thankfully Sara was the opposite of that! She is so laid back and down to earth and we loved working with her. We told her what our vision was for cocktail hour music/dinner music and she pulled together an amazing mix for both. We had a few "must play" songs and some suggested artists for the dance party portion of the evening, and again Sara nailed it. She kept the dance floor alive and exciting all night! My family is Persian and we gave Sara some Persian dance songs, which we integrated into the mix perfectly. Sara will take the time to understand your vision and will execute it flawlessly!

Profile Picture Desiree, 9/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hiring Sara was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She was super responsive every step of the way, even letting us make changes to the schedule of events the night before our morning wedding. All of the specific songs we requested for things such as entrance, first dance, etc were played correctly and we were really happy with how she MC’ed the day. We didn't expect there to be much dancing at our daytime wedding, but Sara played the perfect mix of old and new music, keeping people on the dance floor the whole afternoon. She created such a fun party atmosphere that the time just flew by. In the weeks since the event, we have gotten so many compliments about her and really just could not be happier with how things turned out. We would hire her again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/13/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Sara was a fantastic and fun DJ. We were so excited to have her at our wedding, and by the end of the night, our guests were screaming for more songs. I even saw some of our friends track her down in the parking lot to thank her for "the best party ever." She played only awesome songs and had the dance floor full all night. She's the best!

Profile Picture User4413844, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

Sara was an absolutely fantastic DJ. We really had our hearts set on a female DJ for our wedding and when we found Sara's website we knew we had found the right one. Sara was really helpful right away, explaining the whole process to us over the phone and providing us with sample playlists from previous weddings. She was really flexible and willing to work with us on the music we wanted for the wedding (we gave her a rather particular list of tracks!). She did a wonderful job on the night of the wedding, taking care of everything without us having to worry at all. She also kindly provided a mic for our ceremony and speeches. We would definitely recommend her for your wedding. Thank you Sara!!

Profile Picture User4397152, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Sara was the DJ at our wedding this spring. She was very responsive, friendly, and easy to deal with. We had very specific ideas as to what we wanted to hear, especially during the cocktail hour and she was great about playing what we wanted to hear. We were definitely pleased and would recommend her to others.

Profile Picture User4410000, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had the utmost confidence in giving Sara free reign over the music. We gave her a few requests, our likes and dislikes, and she was able to craft the most amazing playlist for our wedding!! She blew us away and we could not be happier with the level of service she provided. Before the wedding, she was always quick to respond to emails ... responding minutes/hours later even late into the evening. We were always changing our minds (sorry, Sara!) but she was gracious and understanding and always keeping in touch. Sara was low-key during the event and was organized and professional.

Profile Picture Dan, 5/3/14, 1 Review
4.7

Sara was a great addition to our wedding vendor team! She was extremely flexible, even ordering more equipment when she found out we needed microphones for the ceremony. She put together an amazing playlist that kept the dance floor full all night long! She was willing to meet with us a few times to go over details, and she gave us several great musical selection ideas for our ceremony. She is amazing and I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing wedding DJ!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/5/13, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We gave Sara a few requests for songs and some stuff we didn't want to hear and the mix was perfect! Sara was a joy to work with. She made our wedding what we wanted it to be instead of bringing her own agenda. We were afraid of having a cheesy dj but hiring Sara was like having a good friend with excellent musical taste and ability to read a crowd dj our wedding. couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture John, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Sara was an absolutely fantastic to work with and did a superb job at our wedding in September. She listened to all of our thoughts about the music and followed our wishes to not have any cliche, classic, or corny wedding music at the wedding. Neither my partner nor I enjoy country music but that is typically what is played during the dinner hour of weddings we've attended. We voiced this concern to Sara and we were so pleased to have a variety of music played during the dinner rather than country.

Sara was extremely flexible as I threw a couple last minute changes at her the day before the wedding and she had everything in order. During the set-up, ceremony, and reception she was extremely professional and attentive but she also looked like approachable and like she was having fun. We had music from a variety of genres, decades, and tastes. It was so much fun and people were dancing the entire time.

Afterwards, I had guests saying that they were so impressed by the music selection and that they had an absolute BLAST the entire night. Since I only gave Sara 10 must play songs, that credit is totally to her talent and knowledge of the music and the crowd.

I would HIGHLY recommend Sara to anyone who is looking to have a wedding that is less about the formalities and more about the fun and party.

Profile Picture Stacey, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Sara was just the kind of DJ we were looking for; she was very professional, flexible and not cheesy! We did not want a DJ who was just going to play the typical wedding set (Celebration, Macarena etc.) but one who would incorporate the kind of music we like. This is exactly what Sara did. We met with her once in person to get a better sense of each other and then emailed back and forth many times before the wedding to determine a playlist. My husband and I were both very particular about the kind of music we wanted and that is what she played! She helped both our ceremony and our reception flow smoothly with no glitches or surprises. The sound was good quality and filled the space without making it hard for people to hold a conversation. It is worth noting that we had our wedding during the afternoon but she even got our grandparents dancing! Overall, Sara did a great job!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 6/22/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Sara Williams Mobile DJ was AWESOME!! We had an absolute blast! Sara showed up early and set up quickly.

We can't say enough great things about her! She always replied quickly to our questions and was very professional. Our wedding had everything from big band to Salt n' Pepa. She listened to all of our requests, and incorporated them flawlessly.

I would absolutely recommend Sara Williams Mobile DJ!

Profile Picture Charlene, 10/8/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

When first planning our wedding, we were set on doing the music ourselves because we wanted it to be low-key, non-intrusive and inexpensive. However, after discovering how hard it would be to rent and set-up the music equipment ourselves, we decided to get a DJ instead and were very excited to find Sara. Sara was incredibly easy to work with and provided everything we wanted: wonderful music, great sound quality and no "showboating" (you know the wedding DJs that do this). Additionally, she was incredibly responsive to emails, went out of her way to meet with us in our neighborhood and had a clear, simple contract.

At our wedding and after we had many people comment to us about how great the music was and how great Sara was - in particular, our guests ruthlessly harassed her about playing a song that she did not have and she wonderfully and graciously was able to download it on-site and play it for the crowd.

I can't recommend Sara enough. We are very glad that we decided to get a DJ instead of doing the music ourselves, and I think the main reason we feel that way is because Sara was so great.

Profile Picture Roxanne, 9/22/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Sara was amazing! First she was very friendly and personable to work with. She was very professional, and very quick to respond to emails, which I can't say about some of the other wedding vendors I worked with. Overall, I'd say working with Sara felt like working with a friend, not some old corny dj, she made it feel like she had known us forever, the songs she picked were perfect. Highly Recommended!

Profile Picture Liz, 9/8/12, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Scott and I would like to highly recommend Sara as a wedding DJ! She did an amazing, professional job at our wedding this past Saturday September 1. She has a passion for what she does and it shows. I couldn't be happier that we chose her. We gave her a few songs we liked and she used her expertise to read the crowd and get the party started. I think the DJ is what makes a wedding fun or not so I am grateful Sara was ours and we had a great time! Awesome!

Profile Picture Janet, 9/1/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

To say that Sara went above and beyond for our wedding would be a absolute understatement. She was easy to work with, available and responsive anytime I needed her which including late night emails regarding the silliest of request from me! During our wedding she was PHENOMENAL the response by far was "best wedding dj ever" Her timing was impeccable and she read the mood of the crowd like a pro. We also had a very "out of the box" wedding, fast first dances, silly one hit wonders and some songs that nobody but the groom had heard of, but the way it all blended was perfection.(i've even requested a cd of the wedding playlist!) She's organized, fun and overall a good time! Even when the caterers needed her table an hour prior to the wedding being over she teamed up with a few groomsmen and set up shop on a random end table they found! I had no idea and the party just kept going. SEAMLESS. I would recommend Sara to anyone and everyone. I look forward to finding a way to utilize her in the future.. possibly anniversary party?! :) She has my highest regards!

Profile Picture Katelyn , 5/26/12, 1 Review