Sara Gray Photography Reviews

6 | Portland, OR

6 Reviews for Sara Gray Photography

Diana · Married on 07/29/2011

We wanted someone to capture every moment of our wedding day. And we spoke with a lot of photographers in the area. From the moment we first met Sara, she was cheerful and genuinely happy to see us. She even had cookies for us!
    We like her editorial style a lot, she captures what is happening and all the details that go along with it. She really does create a story with her photography!!
    We really recommend doing the engagement session with her! We really got to understand her style and it was A LOT of fun! We were even more excited for our wedding photos after our engagement session!!
    But the best part, without a doubt, was the wedding. Sara was there from the start, well actually she was there before us! She took pictures of everything, and even helped communicate between the boys and girls. She got access to some private areas of the venue, and arranged for our 'first-look' to be held there. It was quiet, intimate and beautiful. She was never intrusive or demanding, she was just like part of the wedding party!
    Her albums and DVDs are extremely professional and beautiful. I love the way she packages everything, and makes it all coordinate. It's the little things that let you know she really cares about you and your experience with her. The wedding album is the most beautiful album I have ever seen.
    We really enjoyed taking pictures with her!! Now we're just thinking up excuses to have other sessions with her! Family photos with our puppy maybe!?

Sent on 09/09/2011

Shannon · Married on 09/05/2009

My husband and I had both our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos done by Sara Gray and we are beyond pleased with both! We were so at ease working with her and thoroughly enjoyed the whole process. Sara is very consistent when it comes to responding to any inquiry, which came in handy throughout the wedding planning process!

We have recommended Sara to many other people, and will continue to do so in the future!

Sent on 10/11/2009

Jody · Married on 08/08/2009

Sara did a very beautiful and very professional job on our wedding. I absolutely love the work she did. She pays great attention to detail, has her very own unique style that is fabulous, gives great directions during one-on-one and group shots and she is so easy going and easy to get along with. I am so happy that we booked Sara. You will not be disappointed if you book Sara Gray!! She made our wedding day look and feel magical!

Sent on 08/16/2009

Callie · Married on 07/26/2009

Sara Gray was an exceptional choice as a wedding photographer. She has the personality and the chops. Friendly, energetic and exuding an air of competence, Sara was super easy to work with. Artistic and interested in "the moment," she can do shots that are creatively composed, are classic in their style, and that capture those off-guard moments. One of me and my husband at Tacoma's "Bridge of Glass," shot (oddly enough) from below is a favorite we'll treasure, as are some tender ones of my grandfather and me dancing. She works without flash and it looks great. She did terrific engagement shots as part of her package, and was willing to travel to be our photog. She is smart, fun, creative and sensitive and we can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 08/17/2009

Stefanie · Married on 07/04/2009

I met Sara through a reference from another Portland photographer and it was lucky that I did because she is AMAZING!!! Everyone who has seen our photos has absolutely loved them. And aside from her professional skills, she is such a sweet and fun person to work with. You won't regret giving her a call!

Sent on 07/17/2009

Denise · Married on 10/22/2011

The first vendor I reserved for my wedding was the photographer because the photography was the most important to me. Sara Gray is so wonderful to work with and such a great talent ! She put us at ease immediately and we are so happy with our photos !

She gave us a questionnaire to fill out prior to the wedding which I thought was a great idea, full of questions that would help her do the best job for us, some of which I hadn't considered. The only thing I would suggest whether you use Sara or a different photographer, is make a list of shots that are important to you. You think you'll remember on your wedding day - but trust me, things are too busy and you arer in wedding day la-la land and will forget! The work Sara did for us is Excellent - but there are a handful of shots I wish I had jotted down and given to her - photos with favorite people, family members, etc.

Sara was open to all of our ideas - photos at the reception site, down by Lake Coeur d'Alene, at the chapel. She was open to do anything we wanted as long as it was within the ten hour time frame we had her for. She has such a fantastic and warm personality and we can't wait to have her do more photos of us in the future ! :)

P.S. I LOVE her detail shots !

Sent on 01/29/2012