Sara Boyd Photography Reviews

Sara Boyd Photography View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Catherine G. Getting married on 02/09/2022

Amazing Photographer/ Amazing Experience!!!

Sara Boyd was absolutely fabulous to work with from start to finish. I also cannot stop looking at and posting my wedding photos thanks to Sara. Sara was very flexible when we had to push back our wedding date due to Covid-19 and very quick to respond to all my questions. Once our new date arrived, she captured the day so beautifully!!! I’m completely over the moon with all the photos. Sara was so calm, funny and easy going the whole wedding day. I highly recommend Sara to all brides!!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer H. Getting married on 12/10/2021

Stunning photos, from the posed to the unscripted, by a fantastic and great-to-work-with photographer

As a typical COVID wedding couple, we went through a few reschedules before deciding to elope with a very small group with about three weeks notice. Our original wedding photographer wasn't available that day and for a few days we were just going to have family take the pictures, but the more we thought about, we knew we'd regret not having professional photos of what would likely be our only ceremony. Our original photographer reached out to her network and recommended Sara and we feel so lucky that she was free and able to photograph our intimate wedding with little notice. We had such a good connection with her on our kickoff call and she made us feel at ease. Our big thing was wanting someone who made us look good during the styled couples photos but could also capture the unposed moments that happen and Sara does it all. I love reliving each moment of our small wedding day through the photos and she captured all the moments like when we realized we forgot the bouquet a quarter mile away from the ceremony right as I was going to walk down the aisle. She's also great and easy to work with, we didn't have an official planner and had a rough timeline when we talked to her. She helped us finalize the timeline and also made sure to keep an eye on time on the day of so we could get all the photos we wanted before she left. We cannot recommend Sara enough. BOOK HER!
    Sarah M. Married on 06/04/2021

Best wedding photographer EVER!

We met Sara a few years ago after our engagement - she came recommended to us from a family friend who is also a photographer. From the start, she was responsive to emails and questions, we even chatted for awhile on the phone to make sure we were both looking for the same things when it came to what we wanted and what she would provide. Choosing a photographer to us was one of the biggest decisions and was the hardest choice to make - but Sara always felt right. We decided to move forward with her & eventually had our engagement photos done. Not only were the photos incredible, but she made what could be an awkward experience so much fun - we were so sad when we were done that day because it was a blast. Unfortunately, COVID hit our wedding day hard and we were unable to get married on our first & then second date. Sara understood and made switching things around as easy as can be, even though it hit her hard too. She would text and email us to ask what she could do to help us. She was much more than just a photographer, but truly became a friend to us. We finally had our wedding & she made the day so easy and flawless, capturing all the things we wanted. She was there for our first look (which I have friends say can be extremely awkward with just a few people around) and it was perfect. The rest of the day she hyped us up & she has the best prompts to get great group photos as well. We waited a few days to get our sneak peak photos, which I was expecting 5 maximum, and there were 72!!! They are all incredible photos and we already cannot wait to see the rest. If you are trying to find a photographer that will become a friend, listen to your wants/needs, make you laugh, take natural photos without being awkward and capture beautiful images that will last a lifetime, she is your girl. If you are overwhelmed and don’t even know where to start or who to pick, pick Sara. We would not hesitate to chose her again and again, and hope we can get more photos with her in the future. We love you, Sara!!!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra F. Married on 04/30/2021

Best wedding photographer out there!

Literally cannot emphasize how great she is. Will be recommending her to everyone we know regardless of their location – she’s incredible. As a photographer, she has an unparalleled eye and ability to capture the magical moments that often go unseen. Her candid shots are the best and capture all the emotion of the event. We are not typically the most photogenic couple but we look like magazine quality models in her photos. We are honestly in love with our wedding photos and couldn’t be happier with Sara Boyd.

She is SO MUCH MORE THAN A PHOTOGRAPHER! She is seamlessly a part of your entire wedding process, and a huge asset to have as a vendor. She went above and beyond to get to know us as a couple and ensure that anything we could ever want for our engagement and wedding photos was accounted for. We had major wedding issues with COVID (rescheduled 3x) and she was infinitely accommodating. Our wedding day would not have run as smoothly without her there both behind the camera as a new friend. Very talented, very well organized, and makes sure even the questions you didn’t know you had are answered. 1000x RECOMMEND!
  • Jamie
    Jamie A. Married on 04/27/2021

Wonderful!

Sara was an absolute dream to have photograph our wedding! She instantly makes you feel comfortable so that it feels like you’re with a friend and not a stranger while in front of the camera. We can’t stress enough how important we felt that was. No awkward posing with her!!!

During the “formal” moments – you don’t even realize she’s there (but she is!), and she was a machine in getting us through the typical “family” group photos that we requested so we could continue to enjoy our reception. She also embraced our spontaneous requests as they popped into our heads throughout the evening.

Sara was phenomenal to work with leading up to the wedding as well. She is prompt, organized, and if you haven’t realized yet - hilarious. She also worked with one of us ahead of time to make sure she captured a surprise gift for the other during the celebration.

We felt like we were hiring a true professional when interacting with Sara, and we would absolutely recommend her to anyone for any event.
  • Erin
    Erin O. Married on 04/16/2021

You need to book her, like now.

Sara's involvement with our wedding and the way she captured the day has been one of the best things about the entire process. We were originally scheduled for April 2020, but she was gracious enough to reschedule a year later. We chose her because we loved her spontaneous, unscripted, style of photography. When you look at her portfolio everyone always looks like they're having fun! Well, that's because they were! We had a blast just the three of us (me, my husband, and Sara) at the engagement shoot and the pictures were phenomenal. I couldn't wait to see her again on wedding day and have her meet my bridesmaids. She really captured the spirit of the entire wedding and the individual groups (family, groomsmen, bridesmaids, etc). She was so wonderful to work with and her photos turned out so good that my sister booked her for her 2021 wedding! I cannot recommend Sara enough. She is always quick to respond, quick for a laugh, and very patient (which is a must if you are a procrastinator like me!). If I could sing, I would sing great songs of her photography prowess and general awesomeness.
    Preslie Q. Married on 03/11/2021

A Delight to Work With!

It was such a pleasure having Sara capture our wedding. She truly encapsulated the day perfectly and going through our photos is reliving our beautiful day! Sara has an extreme gift with capturing moments of joy that you don't think are possible to catch in a photo. She is also very easy to get in contact with, accommodating and timely. Sara we can't thank you enough for your beautiful work!
  • Spencer
    Spencer A. Married on 12/12/2020

The Most Amazing!

Sara was the most incredible photographer on our wedding day. She asked me to fill out some information about my wedding party and I wrote that my dad recently had a stroke. During the family photo shoot she made sure that everyone else would move around so that he would not have to walk in between photos. I really appreciated her thoughtfulness. I also had told her that I do not like staged photos and she captured everything phenomenally! All of our photos are so real and truly encompass the day. She was also very quick to send us our wedding album! Most importantly, I appreciated her kindness and authenticity. It felt more like we had another friend at the wedding than a photographer. She was stress-free which was very nice as well! I would recommend her to everyone.
  • Savannah
    Sm Married on 11/01/2020

True Delight to Work With & Brings Out Your Best, Most Authentic Self

Sara is a breath of fresh air in the wedding industry. Honest, hilarious, meticulous and creative -- she’s everything you want and need in a wedding photographer.

When first initiating our search, our family gravitated towards the sheer joy and authenticity beaming from her clients’ photographs. Now having gone through the experience myself, I know it’s due to all of the time and attention she takes on the front-end to get to know each client on a deeply personal level. She knows exactly how to showcase you and your partner’s true selves, as well as showcase the emotions, beauty and small details on that special day.

It was very important to me and my husband, especially during these trying times, to support local women-owned businesses throughout our wedding festivities, and I can’t speak highly enough of my experience with Sara Boyd.
    Alexandra Married on 10/16/2020

Sara captured magic! Amazing to work with

Sara Boyd is beyond what we could've imagined for a wedding photographer! We clicked with Sara right off the bat and she became more of a friend by the end. From our engagement photos to our wedding day, she made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and truly captured MAGIC! Sara is beyond talented at what she does (which doesn't stop at taking photos). She created a timeline for the day, kept us on task, fixed my dress when needed (including tips for getting out the big mud stain before walking down the aisle!), and worked with all of our other vendors seamlessly. Planning and having a wedding during COVID got pretty stressful at times, but Sara's professionalism, preparedness, and ability to constantly have us laughing helped a ton. Every photo she captured we will cherish forever! They take us and our friends and family back to the day and tell the story so beautifully. We would hire Sara a million times over!! She goes above and beyond for her clients!
  • Deborah
    Deborah B. Married on 10/02/2020

Amazing Experience working with this talented photographer

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, look no further..Sara Boyd is absolutely amazing! From our initial meeting over coffee we just knew we had to have her as the photographer at my daughters wedding! She is incredibly talented, creative, kind and hilarious to work with. She is meticulous when it comes to planning the timeline for the pictures and kept everyone on schedule.Planning a wedding during COVID was stressful, but with her professionalism she put everyone at ease. We have shared the gallery with all of our family and friends and everyone can not stop talking about how she captured all the moments of the wedding so beautifully! We highly recommend hiring Sara as your photographer for your special day.
  • Emily
    Emily L. Married on 06/27/2020

She’s simply the best!

Sara just photographed our June 26, 2021 wedding at the Hotel Bennett in Charleston. Since we started communicating with Sara in 2019, she has always gone above and beyond for us. She is very intuitive, personable, and actually likes to get to know the couples she photographs, which I think leads to the amazing pictures she captures. My favorite thing about the pictures we’ve seen from her so far is that they truly capture how happy we were! On wedding day, we did not feel rushed to fit all the pictures in that we wanted because she developed a great timeline. We only got married a few days ago and Sara has already sent us a ton of sneak peek photos! We appreciate her timeliness and professionalism and cannot wait to see the remainder of our pictures. Sara deserves nothing less than a 5 star review and I cannot recommend her enough to future brides!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 04/18/2020

Sara is incredible!

Absolutely loved working with Sara. We attended a friends wedding two years ago and the groomsmen were all saying how much they enjoyed taking pictures! As soon as we were engaged, I reached out to my friend and asked for Sara's number- their pictures came back and looked so great- and my friend had mentioned how much she loved working with her. Sara and I set up time to chat- and ended up talking on the phone for an hour getting to know each-other before she sent any contracts. Her personal touch, technique, overall warm personality and professionalism truly make her stand out! Our day was perfect- despite getting rescheduled due to the pandemic- Sara was there every step of the way- reassuring me, agreeing to our new date, and going above and beyond the "vendor" call. I would absolutely recommend Sara to anyone who is looking to capture your moment and have gorgeous photos to share and keep as reminders forever!
  • Natalie
    Natalie H. Married on 12/04/2019

Yasssss Queen

Sara is an amazing, talented, and professional photographer! I would highly recommend her for your wedding, especially if you are looking for a top notch photographer in the Charleston area. Our engagement and wedding photos are both personal, playful, genuine, heartfelt, and vibrant.

Sara possessed all the qualities that create a phenomenal photographer. She transformed my camera shy fiance into a happy model. She might be his new favorite person -- at least favorite photographer! She was able to easily wrangler all of our friends and family for group shots in a blink of the eye. Equally important, she is dependable, punctual, and very easy to work with. She even was willing to answer my frantic texts!

if you're wanting a photographer who will care about your marriage, will learn about you in an effort to photograph your story authentically, and who will be your friend at the end of this, Sara is your gal!
    Mackenzie F. Married on 11/23/2019

Amazing photos that I will always cherish!

Sara was such a wonderful person to work with! Would highly recommend booking her you won’t be disappointed!!
  • Brittany
    Brittany C. Married on 10/20/2019

Beyond Amazing

Sara is amazing to work with. So easy going and just a great human in general. We used her for our engagement photos and for our wedding. I was nervous that I would look and feel awkward in front of the camera but Sara made it easy and it was actually fun! During the wedding she was able to corral our crazy wedding party and the pictures she took still take my breath away. She was respectful and listened to any random requests or questions I had. Sara even helped me with other vendor suggestions and she even led me to the place that I purchased my wedding dress from! Still so happy with our decision to use Sara B and would recommended her a million times over. Yaaassss Queen!
  • Mayci
    Mayci G. Married on 09/21/2019

Yas kween!

It is hard to put into words how sincerely grateful myself and my husband are for Sara. Her professionalism, her attention to detail, her ability to connect with her couples, her transparency and above all her kindness are what makes her truly a special person.

Sara's pictures are beautiful! Many people have told us that our wedding pictures belong in magazines. Sara is down-to-earth, funny and had the ability to make my camera shy husband relax and enjoy taking pictures! She wrangled our wedding party and families with a smile, and didn't bat an eye when a certain great Aunt tried to take over the shot arrangement.

Sara is not only the person who photographed our wedding. She is also our friend. My husband and I each feel as if we have found a life long friend in her.

She also loves dogs and inappropriate humor, so if you're into that kind of thing HIRE HER!

Sara, on a serious note. THANK YOU for being who you are. You captured the best day of our lives and we couldn't be more thankful for you!
    Kelly Married on 07/12/2019

Sarah Bee can GET IT!!!

OMMMGEEE- Sarah is the BEST. Not only did she capture amazing and perfect moments on our big day, she captured our engagement and my bridals with such beauty and ease. She handled our 20+ bridal party with no problems. (Plus, after working with her, I feel like I gained a friend.) Hire her!
  • Meryl
    Meryl A. Married on 06/07/2019

Yas queen!

Sara is the absolute best!! She captured our wedding day perfectly and I keep going back to our album over and over and reliving that day. She was very easy to get along with and work with. As a lesbian couple, she made us feel so loved and accepted. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who wants the best photographer ever.
  • Anna
    Anna Married on 05/19/2019

Amazing photographer!

Sara was an absolute delight to work with. My husband and I aren't particularly comfortable in front of the camera, but her humor and genuine personality allowed us to feel more relaxed throughout our engagement session and over the course of our wedding day. Sara's authenticity shines through in the moments and memories she captures in her photos. We are so grateful for Sara and our time with her! Highly recommend!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely stunning photos and so wonderful to work with!

HIGHLY recommend Sara with Sara Bee Photography. She made my now husband and I feel so incredibly comfortable because she’s so down-to-earth and funny. During our engagement photos in Charleston, we got stuck in an epic downpour with sideways rain about 10 minutes into the session. We were upset, but she helped us laugh through the situation and she made herself available the following day to retake the photos. And even through a torrential downpour on our wedding day in Charlotte (we are not lucky when it comes to weather), she still delivered absolutely beautiful photos. She was also great and wrangling unruly groomsman, big families, and made sure to get every single shot we asked for.

We met with about 6 different photographers prior to making our decision and we felt we most connected with Sara. We loved everything about working with Sara. She made us laugh and made us feel comfortable. And, we love all the photos she took. BOOK HER!
  • Barbara
    Barbara C. Married on 04/13/2019

Relaxed, Fun, Interactive

Sara was so easy to get along with . She brought out genuine laughter that showed in pictures. She got pictures of every group we asked for at reception. A real pleasure to work with. Great results
    Hannah Married on 06/30/2018
    There are no words for how appreciative I am to have had the opportunity to work with Sara. From the moment I saw her work, I knew she was the photographer I wanted for our wedding. Her work is beyond wonderful and speaks for itself. Sara is unbelievably talented but more importantly an amazing individual. She had the ability to see our vision while making sure we were comfortable and having fun. From our initial conversation, I knew she cared for her clients beyond just capturing their personal moments; however after working with her for a year in a half, I can say it is truly evident the passion she has for her work but also the compassion she has for clients. I was blown away by her generosity and am grateful to call her a friend!
    Allison Married on 06/11/2016
    Sara is amazing!!! I admit that I am a little biased because we were friends before we hired her as our wedding photographer, but she is one of the most talented photographers that I have ever come in contact with. Each and every shot from our wedding is a show stopper. Love you Sara!
  • User2649718 2+ years ago
    We LOVED working with Sara! She got to know us and used that to capture such special moments! She knows what she's doing and produces INCREDIBLE work!