Santoni's Marketplace and Catering Reviews

Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 3
Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 4
Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 5

Rachel · Married on 09/13/2013

Cherie at Santoni's was great to work with when ordering our wedding cake and cookies for a cookie bar. All of the cakes Santoni's offered during the tasting were delicious, we had such a hard time choosing but were able to narrow it down to our 3 favorite flavors of almond cake w/ raspberry filling, carrot cake, and chocolate. I drew up a design for the bakery to customize our cake from and it matched my design perfectly! We were so happy with Santoni's service and everyone raved about how good the cake and cookies were!

Sent on 09/25/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Santoni's! No pressure to spend more money than we intended, nothing tricky--completely honest service. Jodi was amazing and helped us with little details that we hadn't thought of. Did I mention that our wedding guests loved the food and drink? And the cake was delicious. Jodi made sure that we had enough food and drink throughout the entire event. And they are GLBT friendly, which was a great relief to us. Just walk into Santoni's and talk to them if you aren't sure. You can shop around, but you'll end up using them, I promise!

Sent on 09/14/2013
  • User2061834 · 2+ years ago

Jodi was wonderful! We felt like royalty at the tasting and she was totally flexible and helpful in everything we wanted to do. The food was delicious and the cake was gorgeous! They worked with me to design a custom cake with silhouettes of safari animals for a wedding at the Baltimore Zoo Mansion House. The cake tasted super fresh and delicious (the bottom was vanilla with raspberry filling, the middle was an amazing carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, and the top was chocolate cake with chocolate mouse. Yum! I was 100% thrilled with my decision to use Santoni's!

Sent on 07/17/2013

J · event on: 07/13/2013

From the beginning to end, our party was a hit. The choices of food, down to the bakery items. I would definitely use them again.

Sent on 01/07/2014

I am SO glad we chose Santoni's. Some highlights: Cherie, their coordinator, is awesome, and so helpful. She knows what she's doing and will make it happen! Just tell her what you want and she'll do it. They will let you bring your own cake, and cut it for you AT NO CHARGE. They let you provide the alcohol, and simply provide a bartender. They do not include tip in your contract. So it's up to you how much to give. All our guests complimented the food (we went with their most basic buffet package, and it was delicious). Could not be happier with Santoni's!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Santoni's was wonderful to work with!! They are very cooperative with your ideas and plans. They have a great variety of food and it's delicious! We had so many great comments about the food from our guests. Our reception ran so smoothly with the help of their service and it made the reception more relaxing and enjoyable.
    We are very happy with Santoni's service!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Bonnie · Married on 06/23/2013

This is a review from the mother of the bride. Please consider at the time of the wedding I had just had major surgery and had difficulty speaking and seeing. My daughter and her fiance live in Seattle, WA. Most of the preparation was done in a few hours with the amazing assistance of
    Ms. Jodi Davis. Ms. Davis and Santoni's were thoroughly engaged in our hopes to provide a Kosher style, Vegan, Vegetarian, and American dinner which could be visually attractive and delicious. Santoni's delivered a beautiful dinner which pleased everyone. The catering staff were attentive and professional. Many details which we had not thought of in advance were taken care of by
    Ms. Davis. Her experience and strong working relationship with the staff at the
    Baltimore Zoo provided us with the security we needed to make this long distance wedding beautiful. With a precarious wedding forecast the morning of the wedding, Ms. Davis was prepared to expedite last minute changes. I am grateful for everything, every email, every phone call which Ms. Davis graciously attended to. We could not have been more pleased. B. Kauffman

Sent on 07/23/2013

Justin and Amy · Married on 05/25/2013

When we were searching for wedding caterers we decided to go with Santoni's for MANY different reasons. First, the location of the catering company (Glyndon, Md.) was very close to where our ceremony and reception were located. (Hampstead, Md.) and we were very impressed with their representative at our first meeting. We enjoyed working with Cherie Hughes, who from the start was as professional as they come. She responded to emails and phone calls in a very timely manner.

Second, the food that was tasted and went with for our wedding was absolutely fantastic. We had made some adjustments and Cherie was wonderful in working with us to pick out not only the food we wanted, but kept us in our budget that we could work with. We have gotten nothing but rave reviews from our guests regarding Santoni's food. Our cocktail hour included Beef Satie, Swedish Meatballs, Asparagus Filo Pastry, a fruit display and an antipasto display. (Delicious!) Our entree was Chicken Chesapeake, Salmon with Dill sauce, Redskin Mashed Potatoes, Vegetable Medley and a Regular Salad. As busy as I was I still managed to eat the entire plate it was sooooooo good!!!

Lastly, we chose Santoni's because of their flexibility. We were able to use our own venue, our own signature cocktail which we made ourselves, our own beer, wine, champagne and soft drinks. We bought our own plates and silverware. We were able to secure rentals (Tables, chairs, linens, dance floor) from a vendor of our choice. Because of their flexibility and willingness to let us plan a lot of our own costs and vendors we were able to have the wedding we wanted for a price that we could afford. They were also willing to plan and secure all of this stuff themselves.

During the reception the wait staff and bartender were nothing short of professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend Santoni's and working with Cherie Hughes for your wedding catering/planning needs.

Sent on 06/02/2013
  • I

Imhoff · Married on 05/24/2013

We got our wedding cake from Santoni's. Everyone was still talking about how good it was the next day. We had a two-tier red velvet cake with an additional sheet cake. They were by far the lowest priced cake we could find. We have been eating their cakes from the bakery for years so we knew what to expect. The display was simple, yet elegant. We were lucky enough to have an entire sheet left over to take home and we fed all our guests with it the next day. Everyone loved it.

Sent on 06/09/2013

Diane · event on: 05/18/2013

I used Santoni's for the catering for my son's Bar Mitzvah and was extremely happy. Jodi Davis was very responsive and offered many good suggestions. I highly recommend the matzo ball soup shooters. They were the hit of the party. The presentation of the food was gorgeous and the staff was very attentive to my guests. I would definately recommend Santoni's for large catering. A wonderful evening.

Sent on 05/27/2013

Stacey · Married on 05/18/2013

Santoni's gave me a free wedding cake tasting and I was absolutely blown away by the flavors and moistness of their cakes. They recreated a cupcake tower wedding cake that I found on Pinterest and it was absolutely perfect and delicious. They're also very kind and courteous and pricing is VERY fair.

Sent on 07/07/2013

Rick · Married on 05/11/2013

Santoni's and Jodi's team provided the best food, service and bartender ever. They all started out in the rain but pulled off the most amazing wedding for my daughter........folks were commenting that this was the best wedding they ever attended. Food was outstanding

Rick - Father of the Bride

Sent on 05/13/2013

marie · Married on 05/04/2013

I recommended Santoni's to my daughter because I was so impressed by their food and service at a farewell party I had attended a few years ago and I am so very happy she took my advice. My daughter's wedding this past Saturday was handled by the staff as if we were part of their family. They worked so hard that I told several of the servers to sit down and relax in my family room. They refused and continued to work until everything was completed up to their high standards. The food was delicious and I have lost count as to all the compliments we were given concerning the mashed potatoes, pork and barbeque. Lastly, as a baker, I was concerned that the cake would not meet my high standards. I must admit, I could not have done better myself!....My thank you s go to Jodi and her staff for doing such an awesome job!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Chris · event on: 04/27/2013

We were extremely pleased with the way Santoni's handled the event (reunion) from start to finish. They allowed us a great deal of flexibility during the planning phase...i.e we had no idea if this event would "fly" or not. Cherie was very willing to work with us and provided helpful suggestions every step of the way with regard to menu, presentation, timing, etc.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Jazmin · Married on 04/26/2013

I got married April 26,2013. Cherir Hughes from Santoni's was just wonderful. She took her time explaining things to us and made the planning of this part of the wedding STRESS FREE!!! I wish I could give more than 5 for overall rating. The staff was just wonderful and pleasant.My husband was very surprised with his grooms cake that was delicious and so was the four tier wedding cake we had. The food o my goodness was so delicious if you are a bride or groom or parents of a bride or groom. Call Santonis and watch them work.. Great group of people. I would recommend this caterer to anyone I would come in contact with. A HUGE thank you to the STAFF of SANTONI!

The Bradleys 04/26/13

Sent on 05/08/2013
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/13/2013

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Santoni's for our wedding.
    The food was delicious, and our guests commented afterward on how much they enjoyed it.
    Joette was an absolute pleasure to work with. She took A LOT of the pressure off us by working around our busy schedules. Her consultations really helped us put together a great food/drink menu within our budget. She worked very well with the owner of the venue and our DJ to ensure great service and seamless timing.
    The staff were very friendly and the bar service was excellent! (That's coming from 2 families who have owned successful restaurants/bars)
    On top of all that, it was far less expensive than many of the competitors. I would highly recommend Santoni's and Joette to anyone who is serious about getting the best value for their time and money!

Sent on 06/03/2013

joni · event on: 01/19/2013

Santoni's did a great job from helping with the planning, to preparation of wonderful food, to serving and making sure guests were happy. Very professional and personable.

Sent on 01/22/2013

Rosie · Married on 01/04/2013

Santoni's is amazing! My husband and I chose them for our food and our wedding cake. Delicious. Their sampling was impeccable - a four course meal. The waiters at the wedding came up to the bridal dressing room and gave me extra snacks. They remembered I had said I especially liked the crab fondue and brought me extra :) So thoughtful and outstanding.

Sent on 10/25/2013
  • User2935711 · event on: 12/20/2012

We have used Santoni's many times for many different occasions. The last time was for a Holiday Party. They are always pleasant, professional and very easy to work with. They always find a plan that fits our budget and the food is always terrific.

Sent on 01/03/2013
  • User2868564 · event on: 12/01/2012

The people at Santoni's where the best people to work with. They made my sons day so special, there wouldn't be a thing I would change. There staff was looking out for the best service possible and made every individual at the party feel special!!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Charissa · event on: 11/13/2012

Awesome food and excellent customer service!!!

Sent on 01/04/2013

My husband and I got married on his Uncle's farm in Upperco, MD on a beautiful fall day. We have had the pleasure of visiting Santoni's in the past while we were visiting in the area. Rick Santoni and the entire staff at the store would always welcome us with a smile. The food was always delicious. So, when we decided to get married on the farm that was just a few miles away, we had no problem deciding who our caterer was going to be. Jodi Davis met us at the farm to go over possible menu options. We had the opportunity to sample our selections, and knew that we had made the right choices! On the day of the wedding, the Santoni team was nothing short of professional and perfection. A few of the people that I would like to thank are Sam Shapiro, Kevin Hull, Lisa Quinley, Kerry Armacost, Grover Schwartz and Rich Carl. The team was able to utilize a nearby building located on the property with a kitchen for prep work. They worked flawlessly and we received many great compliments on the food. Jodi Davis kept my nerves under control and helped to facilitate the flow of the evening. At one point, she was even cutting and serving our wedding cake! We had the perfect day and I wouldn't have changed a thing. A special thank you to the Santoni team for being such an important part of our special day! We will be back to visit!

Sent on 05/04/2013

Christine · Married on 09/29/2012

We used Santoni's to cater our wedding, and were thrilled with the food and service. They went above and beyond our expectations. Before the wedding, Jodi answered my many, many questions and was accommodating to everything we wanted. During the wedding, the presentation was beautiful and the service was excellent. Since our wedding, we have heard over and over again that the food was wonderful, and how much people enjoyed it. They also provided the cake and desserts, which were great. Santoni's was bar the best price in the area, and their food was honestly the best. I highly recommend them and couldn't be any more pleased that we went with them.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Shirley · event on: 09/29/2012

Our granson's Bar Mitzvah was on Sept. 29, 2012 at Temple Emanual. This is the 2nd Bar Mitzvah we have worked with Santoni's and Jody Davis. Jody is a pleasure to work with, very professional, with great ideas. She is very helpful and returns calls immediately. The food was delicious and the presentations beautiful. The staff is very friendly, helpful and professional. The food was displayed beautiful and the room looked perfect. I have already recommended this caterer and know that anyone who uses this vendor will be satisfied and happy.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2012

I cannot say enough positive things about Santoni's and the fantastic people they employ. We had the pleasure of working with Cherie to organize everything, and we were so fortunate to have Jill and Scott at our home for our wedding on August 4th. They took care of everything - setting up, making sure food was full for our guests, cleaning up - they even mopped my kitchen floor!

Cherie worked with us to make our wedding exactly what we wanted and made sure to help us work within our budget. She made suggestions as we went along and made sure that I knew I never had a thing to worry about on their end. She was fabulous - trust me when I say that keeping my stress level down was no easy task. Cherie and Jill visited our home (site of the wedding) a week before the wedding for the logistics. They asked questions and made suggestions - one regarding the tent that was so fabulous, we used it!

Jill and Scott were quite a team on our day. They worked together so smoothly and flawlessly. There was never a moment when they stopped working either. If they weren't setting up or serving, they were cleaning - walking through the tent and around the yard picking up used plates and cups and taking care of whatever our guests needed.

It isn't just the friendly people that make Santoni's great - their food is fabulous too. Our guests raved about the food and how wonderful it was.

There are not enough positive things that I can say about Cherie, Jill, Scott, and the Santoni's organization. They are amazing!

Sent on 08/10/2012