Santoni's Marketplace and Catering Reviews

Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 4
Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 5
Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 6
Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 7

Santoni's was wonderful to work with!! They are very cooperative with your ideas and plans. They have a great variety of food and it's delicious! We had so many great comments about the food from our guests. Our reception ran so smoothly with the help of their service and it made the reception more relaxing and enjoyable.
    We are very happy with Santoni's service!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Bonnie · Married on 06/23/2013

This is a review from the mother of the bride. Please consider at the time of the wedding I had just had major surgery and had difficulty speaking and seeing. My daughter and her fiance live in Seattle, WA. Most of the preparation was done in a few hours with the amazing assistance of
    Ms. Jodi Davis. Ms. Davis and Santoni's were thoroughly engaged in our hopes to provide a Kosher style, Vegan, Vegetarian, and American dinner which could be visually attractive and delicious. Santoni's delivered a beautiful dinner which pleased everyone. The catering staff were attentive and professional. Many details which we had not thought of in advance were taken care of by
    Ms. Davis. Her experience and strong working relationship with the staff at the
    Baltimore Zoo provided us with the security we needed to make this long distance wedding beautiful. With a precarious wedding forecast the morning of the wedding, Ms. Davis was prepared to expedite last minute changes. I am grateful for everything, every email, every phone call which Ms. Davis graciously attended to. We could not have been more pleased. B. Kauffman

Sent on 07/23/2013

Justin and Amy · Married on 05/25/2013

When we were searching for wedding caterers we decided to go with Santoni's for MANY different reasons. First, the location of the catering company (Glyndon, Md.) was very close to where our ceremony and reception were located. (Hampstead, Md.) and we were very impressed with their representative at our first meeting. We enjoyed working with Cherie Hughes, who from the start was as professional as they come. She responded to emails and phone calls in a very timely manner.

Second, the food that was tasted and went with for our wedding was absolutely fantastic. We had made some adjustments and Cherie was wonderful in working with us to pick out not only the food we wanted, but kept us in our budget that we could work with. We have gotten nothing but rave reviews from our guests regarding Santoni's food. Our cocktail hour included Beef Satie, Swedish Meatballs, Asparagus Filo Pastry, a fruit display and an antipasto display. (Delicious!) Our entree was Chicken Chesapeake, Salmon with Dill sauce, Redskin Mashed Potatoes, Vegetable Medley and a Regular Salad. As busy as I was I still managed to eat the entire plate it was sooooooo good!!!

Lastly, we chose Santoni's because of their flexibility. We were able to use our own venue, our own signature cocktail which we made ourselves, our own beer, wine, champagne and soft drinks. We bought our own plates and silverware. We were able to secure rentals (Tables, chairs, linens, dance floor) from a vendor of our choice. Because of their flexibility and willingness to let us plan a lot of our own costs and vendors we were able to have the wedding we wanted for a price that we could afford. They were also willing to plan and secure all of this stuff themselves.

During the reception the wait staff and bartender were nothing short of professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend Santoni's and working with Cherie Hughes for your wedding catering/planning needs.

Sent on 06/02/2013
  • I

Imhoff · Married on 05/24/2013

We got our wedding cake from Santoni's. Everyone was still talking about how good it was the next day. We had a two-tier red velvet cake with an additional sheet cake. They were by far the lowest priced cake we could find. We have been eating their cakes from the bakery for years so we knew what to expect. The display was simple, yet elegant. We were lucky enough to have an entire sheet left over to take home and we fed all our guests with it the next day. Everyone loved it.

Sent on 06/09/2013

Diane · event on 05/18/2013

I used Santoni's for the catering for my son's Bar Mitzvah and was extremely happy. Jodi Davis was very responsive and offered many good suggestions. I highly recommend the matzo ball soup shooters. They were the hit of the party. The presentation of the food was gorgeous and the staff was very attentive to my guests. I would definately recommend Santoni's for large catering. A wonderful evening.

Sent on 05/27/2013

Stacey · Married on 05/18/2013

Santoni's gave me a free wedding cake tasting and I was absolutely blown away by the flavors and moistness of their cakes. They recreated a cupcake tower wedding cake that I found on Pinterest and it was absolutely perfect and delicious. They're also very kind and courteous and pricing is VERY fair.

Sent on 07/07/2013

Rick · Married on 05/11/2013

Santoni's and Jodi's team provided the best food, service and bartender ever. They all started out in the rain but pulled off the most amazing wedding for my daughter........folks were commenting that this was the best wedding they ever attended. Food was outstanding

Rick - Father of the Bride

Sent on 05/13/2013

marie · Married on 05/04/2013

I recommended Santoni's to my daughter because I was so impressed by their food and service at a farewell party I had attended a few years ago and I am so very happy she took my advice. My daughter's wedding this past Saturday was handled by the staff as if we were part of their family. They worked so hard that I told several of the servers to sit down and relax in my family room. They refused and continued to work until everything was completed up to their high standards. The food was delicious and I have lost count as to all the compliments we were given concerning the mashed potatoes, pork and barbeque. Lastly, as a baker, I was concerned that the cake would not meet my high standards. I must admit, I could not have done better myself!....My thank you s go to Jodi and her staff for doing such an awesome job!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Chris · event on 04/27/2013

We were extremely pleased with the way Santoni's handled the event (reunion) from start to finish. They allowed us a great deal of flexibility during the planning phase...i.e we had no idea if this event would "fly" or not. Cherie was very willing to work with us and provided helpful suggestions every step of the way with regard to menu, presentation, timing, etc.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Jazmin · Married on 04/26/2013

I got married April 26,2013. Cherir Hughes from Santoni's was just wonderful. She took her time explaining things to us and made the planning of this part of the wedding STRESS FREE!!! I wish I could give more than 5 for overall rating. The staff was just wonderful and pleasant.My husband was very surprised with his grooms cake that was delicious and so was the four tier wedding cake we had. The food o my goodness was so delicious if you are a bride or groom or parents of a bride or groom. Call Santonis and watch them work.. Great group of people. I would recommend this caterer to anyone I would come in contact with. A HUGE thank you to the STAFF of SANTONI!

The Bradleys 04/26/13

Sent on 05/08/2013
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/13/2013

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Santoni's for our wedding.
    The food was delicious, and our guests commented afterward on how much they enjoyed it.
    Joette was an absolute pleasure to work with. She took A LOT of the pressure off us by working around our busy schedules. Her consultations really helped us put together a great food/drink menu within our budget. She worked very well with the owner of the venue and our DJ to ensure great service and seamless timing.
    The staff were very friendly and the bar service was excellent! (That's coming from 2 families who have owned successful restaurants/bars)
    On top of all that, it was far less expensive than many of the competitors. I would highly recommend Santoni's and Joette to anyone who is serious about getting the best value for their time and money!

Sent on 06/03/2013

joni · event on 01/19/2013

Santoni's did a great job from helping with the planning, to preparation of wonderful food, to serving and making sure guests were happy. Very professional and personable.

Sent on 01/22/2013

Rosie · Married on 01/04/2013

Santoni's is amazing! My husband and I chose them for our food and our wedding cake. Delicious. Their sampling was impeccable - a four course meal. The waiters at the wedding came up to the bridal dressing room and gave me extra snacks. They remembered I had said I especially liked the crab fondue and brought me extra :) So thoughtful and outstanding.

Sent on 10/25/2013
  • User2935711 · event on 12/20/2012

We have used Santoni's many times for many different occasions. The last time was for a Holiday Party. They are always pleasant, professional and very easy to work with. They always find a plan that fits our budget and the food is always terrific.

Sent on 01/03/2013
  • User2868564 · event on 12/01/2012

The people at Santoni's where the best people to work with. They made my sons day so special, there wouldn't be a thing I would change. There staff was looking out for the best service possible and made every individual at the party feel special!!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Charissa · event on 11/13/2012

Awesome food and excellent customer service!!!

Sent on 01/04/2013

My husband and I got married on his Uncle's farm in Upperco, MD on a beautiful fall day. We have had the pleasure of visiting Santoni's in the past while we were visiting in the area. Rick Santoni and the entire staff at the store would always welcome us with a smile. The food was always delicious. So, when we decided to get married on the farm that was just a few miles away, we had no problem deciding who our caterer was going to be. Jodi Davis met us at the farm to go over possible menu options. We had the opportunity to sample our selections, and knew that we had made the right choices! On the day of the wedding, the Santoni team was nothing short of professional and perfection. A few of the people that I would like to thank are Sam Shapiro, Kevin Hull, Lisa Quinley, Kerry Armacost, Grover Schwartz and Rich Carl. The team was able to utilize a nearby building located on the property with a kitchen for prep work. They worked flawlessly and we received many great compliments on the food. Jodi Davis kept my nerves under control and helped to facilitate the flow of the evening. At one point, she was even cutting and serving our wedding cake! We had the perfect day and I wouldn't have changed a thing. A special thank you to the Santoni team for being such an important part of our special day! We will be back to visit!

Sent on 05/04/2013

Christine · Married on 09/29/2012

We used Santoni's to cater our wedding, and were thrilled with the food and service. They went above and beyond our expectations. Before the wedding, Jodi answered my many, many questions and was accommodating to everything we wanted. During the wedding, the presentation was beautiful and the service was excellent. Since our wedding, we have heard over and over again that the food was wonderful, and how much people enjoyed it. They also provided the cake and desserts, which were great. Santoni's was bar the best price in the area, and their food was honestly the best. I highly recommend them and couldn't be any more pleased that we went with them.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Shirley · event on 09/29/2012

Our granson's Bar Mitzvah was on Sept. 29, 2012 at Temple Emanual. This is the 2nd Bar Mitzvah we have worked with Santoni's and Jody Davis. Jody is a pleasure to work with, very professional, with great ideas. She is very helpful and returns calls immediately. The food was delicious and the presentations beautiful. The staff is very friendly, helpful and professional. The food was displayed beautiful and the room looked perfect. I have already recommended this caterer and know that anyone who uses this vendor will be satisfied and happy.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Alvina · Married on 07/28/2012

In July 2012, we were fortunate enough to have Santoni’s cater our wedding. From the very beginning, Cherie Hughes was a pleasure to work with. Our tasting was great. We chose to sample a salad, 2 entrees, a side dish and several deserts. All the food was delicious and since their food is prepared in house, we were able to tweak the menu towards our preferences. It seemed like every question we asked was answered the way we hoped, and for every concern there was a suitable solution. We were able to substitute a few vegetarian meals for our guests who did not eat meat. Cherie was very accommodating and worked well with our venue, photographer and DJ to make our wedding as smooth as possible. The food was a huge hit and the service was excellent. There are companies charging twice as much for bland, frozen food. I encourage everyone to sample and compare Santoni’s to any other caterers before you decide on a caterer.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Esther · Married on 07/21/2012

Santoni's provides a large choice of menus and options that are geared to any budget. They were helpful and cooperative in all matters and gave great advice.

Sent on 08/02/2012

Holly · Married on 07/21/2012

Santoni's Catering is by far the best catering company i have ever worked with. My family and I are truly amazed by what a good job they did for my wedding celebration!! Joette my catering/wedding planner is the easiest and nicest person to get a long with! I couldnt have imagined my wedding day being so special without her and her wonderful staff!! :) i would like to 100000% reccommend her to future brides that want their wedding day to be as perfect as mine!!

Thank you again to Santoni's Catering and to Joette!! :) xoxox

Sent on 08/09/2012

Brenda · Married on 06/23/2012

When our daughter got engaged last year, we knew we had a lot of deciding to do. Santoni's was our first and easiest decision to make. Every function we've been to that was catered by Santoni's was wonderful. We called Cherie Hughes, set up a tasting, planned the menu and left it in her hands. Cherie, and her team were truly professional the day of the wedding. It's been 2 weeks since the wedding and we're still getting compliments on how great everything was.

Sent on 07/07/2012

Andrea · Married on 06/16/2012

Santoni's provided an AMAZING spread for our outdoor, summer, nature center wedding. They were able to provide a custom menu to meet the needs of us and our wide variety of guests, including vegetarians and carnivores alike! They make some of the best fresh pit beef and turkey on site to match our wedding's Maryland theme. Also included in the buffet was homemade hummus, roasted veggies, and potato and pasta salad. A real treat was a cold strawberry soup served before dinner with a salad course. In addition to amazing food, Santoni's was able to help with setting up simple but beautiful table settings (they made biodegradable look classy!) and coordinate with the other vendors to make sure the event went smoothly and on schedule.

The icing on the cake was the EXCELLENT service our guests received and Cherie took great care of us, the bride and groom! We would recommend Santoni's for any wedding, party, or event!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Susan · event on 06/16/2012

When planning our son's Bar Mitzvah, we met with many caterers. Some a few times but did not feel satisfied. It was getting close to our date and I was still not comfortable so we made a call to Santoni's. We were put in touch with Jodi Davis who was very responsive and understanding. She met with us right away and came up with a menu to fit our needs. She not only listened to us but made our son feel important. She was always available to answer any questions we had and worked very hard to make sure our Bar Mitzvah party was successful. The food was outstanding and her staff did a great job.

Sent on 12/15/2012