Santoni's Marketplace and Catering Reviews

Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 4
Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 5
Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 6
Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 7

We did a buffet style meal and the food was fantastic! Cherie was our catering manager and she was very helpful through out the whole process, from picking the menu and tasting, to meeting us at the limo as soon as we arrived at the reception with water and to see if there was anything else we wanted or needed. She also worked with us for various special items we wanted, like plating cookies we had made as part of the center pieces and setting the head table with particular wine glasses that had been a shower gift. I highly recommend Santoni's for any event you might need catered.

Sent on 10/12/2014

T · Married on 09/27/2014

Santoni's helped to make the wedding perfect! They went above and beyond. From the quality of the food to their attention to detail their service is unmatched! The staff was extremely friendly and efficient and couldn't do enough to insure the day was perfect. The reception was at our home and they treated it as if it was their own. Can't wait to use them again!!

Sent on 09/30/2014
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 09/06/2014

My wife and I got married at the Irvine Nature Center on 9/6/14. In our search for a caterer, we got estimates from 3 or 4 vendors and were getting increasingly dismayed - no one was anywhere near our budget, and the customer service was lacking at times. That all changed when we contacted Santoni's and received a very timely return call from Cherie Hughes.
    Highlights of working with Santoni's/Cherie:
    * delicious menu options and a lovely tasting session to finalize our plans (would highly recommend the flank steak and chicken roulade, as well as any of the wedding cake options)
    * they allowed us to buy our own alcohol, which was a big money saver
    * they supplied beautiful linens and eco-friendly tableware
    * the staff went above and beyond when it rained right before the ceremony - Cherie got creative with the schedule of events and we ended up still being able to have our ceremony outdoors (the catering staff dried off all of the chairs)
    * Cherie was an impromptu planner - she even got on the dance floor and helped everyone through the "chicken dance"! She struck the perfect balance of sharing her experience, yet also remaining open to any ideas we had. She also seemed legitimately thrilled for us (it is safe to say that Santoni's is totally LGBT friendly)!
    * their pricing is waaaay more reasonable, and the food is downright delicious - people are still asking me about who did our food
    * we also had Santoni's cater our casual/picnic style rehearsal dinner, which was delicious as well and they delivered the food there for us
    Overall, we would highly recommend working with Santoni's/Cherie. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/21/2014

patti · Married on 08/30/2014

I priced a few caterers and went to tastings for our wedding reception. Santoni's by far was the best and the best value. I used them for the food and cupcakes. I found Cherie to be helpful in all aspects of my planning and gave me her honest opinion on any question I threw at her. They were quick to answer calls and emails. They were very flexible on menu changes and how many were in our party. And they did seem to mind last minute head counts. I would recommend them to anyone for any occasion.

Sent on 09/04/2014
  • User4142066 · 2+ years ago

I booked with them for my wedding and they went over the top. A lot more than I even expected. Cherie was the woman in charge of everything and did wonderful with keeping the food served hot. On top of that, the presentation of the food was phenomenal!!! I could not have been more pleased.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Mark · Married on 08/21/2014

Outstanding caterer!!! As with most young couples starting out, a limited budget also limited catering options. Cherie Hughes worked with us to come up with a menu that worked well for an outdoor wedding in August with a picnic twist to remain within the budget. Everyone enjoyed the food and I heard no complaints from anyone. The cheese selections were excellent. The bartender and wait staff were very friendly and responsive to requests. Cherie even stepped up to ensure everything kept moving along throughout the evening. I cannot say enough about the great job of the entire staff.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Emily · Married on 07/12/2014

I heard about Santoni's because my cousin had Santoni's and Cherie cater her wedding. From the beginning, Cherie was extremely helpful. She worked several times to create a menu that fit our budget and our tastes. We didn't want "typical" wedding food- we wanted something that was different and perfect for a summer wedding. Cherie was able create a menu that featured a variety of sandwiches, wraps and multiple types of salads. All of our guests loved the food and I have had several people mention that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Our guests mentioned that they liked the relaxed atmosphere that the food helped provide- they truly enjoyed the food. Cherie was very friendly and professional- I really liked working with her. She checked on my husband and I throughout the wedding day and made sure we had water, etc. The staff was also courteous and very helpful. Cherie also was a really big help when I had an issue with where our cupcakes and cake would be stored. The farm where the wedding was held didn't have any refrigeration and we didn't want the cupcakes to sit in the heat all day. Cherie agreed to hold the cupcakes in the refrigerated truck until it was time to put them out. I really appreciated this and it just shows the dedication that Cherie and Santoni's has to make sure you are happy and stress-free on your wedding day. I would definitely recommend Santoni's and especially Cherie.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2014

Cheri from Santoni's was wonderful from day 1. She helped make sure our wedding day was perfect. The food was delicious, staff was attentive and the value cannot be beat. We were able to create a personalized menu without our budget and were able to provide our own alcohol. Would highly recommend for any type of event!

Sent on 06/29/2014
  • User4168669 · event on 06/08/2014

We had a surprise birthday party with about 50 people and the party went perfectly. Our waiter was great on all front, friendly, efficient, on time, absolutely amazing. The food was delicious. We kept changing the number of people that were going to come to the party in the last minute, adding extra people and really we got an amazing service.

Sent on 06/11/2014

Vicki · Married on 05/31/2014

Cherie Hughes guided me through planning a "day-after wedding brunch" I wanted something substantial and yet affordable with a little something to impress our guests. We decided on an omelet station with several sides. The ingredients were fresh and ample. The chef, Bob is amazing! He created such a pleasant atmosphere! It was just like having your favorite cousin come over to prepare breakfast.
    Thanks for all of your guidance Cherie and patience waiting for that final head count. The food was delicious and our guests were happy and impressed! I mentioned Santoni's often!

Vicki Fussell

Sent on 06/09/2014

michelle · Married on 05/25/2014

From the first phone conversation with Cherie Hughes at Santoni's, I knew that I had found someone that I could work with. She helped us select a menu for our 20th Anniversary party that was simple, but delicious.

We didn't think it was necessary, but she insisted that we come in and taste everything prior to making a final selection and signing a contract. It was sound advice as we did end up making a couple of changes. Cherie was honest and up front with advice and tips to put together a fun event with a reasonable budget.

Prior to our party, she contacted me about the decorating style and I sent her a brief description of what I had planned which included a natural color scheme with burlap runners and mason jars for candles. She brought additional pieces to help decorate our buffet tables: a large wood slab for the cake, wooden crates for dinner rolls, etc.. it was just perfect.

The staff was courteous, friendly and professional. All of our guests commented on how wonderful both the food & the service were.

We are so pleased with our experience of working with Santoni's. We chose them because we felt like we were getting a well balanced menu, plenty of staff for the party, and a very fair price. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is planning a special event.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Katherine · Married on 05/24/2014

When we contracted with Chase Court for our reception they only allow specific caterers. The rest of the choices were outrageously expensive. We worked with JoEtte and could not have been happier with her understanding of what we wanted.

I am the mother of the bride and did most of the contact from out of town. At times it took JoEtte a while to respond to email, but she always got back to us. The bride and groom did the tasting and chose the food. When I sat down to eat at the wedding I could not have been happier with the flavor of the food, especially the Alfredo sauce.

The owner at Chase Court can be difficult to deal with but JoEtte ran interference for us and made sure we got what we wanted. She was always courteous and kind. She understood we were trying to be economical and worked with us to assure that. We changed various factors multiple times for many reasons but JoEtte took it all in stride.

We had much food left over, the guests got plenty, we were able to share the extras with a local ministry, a win-win. The rest of the staff present at the reception seemed professional as well.

Sent on 06/12/2014

charlotte · Married on 04/26/2014

Cherie Hughes of Santoni's Marketplace and Catering and her staff are hands down the most professional, organized, and friendly group of men and women I have had the pleasure to meet and do business with. They made us feel as though there wasn't any thing else in this world they would rather be doing than helping us celebrate this wedding. At the end of the reception, the guests were saying their goodbyes and more than half of them, in one way or another, asked that I pass onto Santoni's how wonderful they thought their staff was. They were so smooth, I hardly noticed them! They were in such rhythm with each other - it was amazing! I will remember them always and they are now, for us, the mark by which all other events with staff will be measured.
    The food was plentiful, satisfying and flavorful. Many of the guests repeatedly told us how delicious it all was, how much they were really enjoying all of it. They really hit it out of the ball park. The bartenders were friendly and swift and very professional.
    The cleanup was so fast - tables had chairs stacked on top, free of linens and debris removed before I was aware. It looked exactly as it did when we arrived that morning. In the blink of an eye, it was ready for the next day. I did my walk thru and found NOTHING. The relief I felt was tremendous because I was so tired but I didn't have to do one thing.
    And Cherie Hughes, Santoni's Special Events Sales Associate who helped us through this wedding planning, was AMAZING. Her orchestration of all the parts to this event and her masterful coordination with the other vendors and reassuring on-site presence revealed just how dedicated she is to the happiness of her clients. I'm so very, very happy we chose to one of them. We have perfect memories.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Lori · event on 03/23/2014

Last Sunday we had 23 people over for my step-dad's 90th birthday. I had to write to tell you that the food we received from Santoni's was absolutely extraordinary!! Each and every dish (Teriyaki Salmon, Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin, Chicken Marsala, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and String Beans Almondine) was flavorful, seasoned just right and cooked to perfection.

The guests, including my step-brother who is a chef and owns a fine dining restaurant in Florida, couldn't stop raving about how delicious the food was!! Today is the third day of leftovers and it tastes just as good reheated as the day it arrived.

I want to thank the people who helped us make this event one we will always remember; Leah, who helped plan the menu, Bruce, who delivered the food and set it up beautifully, John, and the executive chef, who spoke to me about how to serve the food properly.

If you would only open a restaurant, I would be first in line. We can't wait to order from you again in May for our children's college/grad school graduation party.

Warm regards,
    Lori Hollander

Sent on 03/27/2014

Kevin · Married on 01/04/2014

My husband and I were really looking for affordability and great service when we began searching for a caterer for our wedding. Some friends recommended Santoni's and we are so happy we picked them. They were so helpful throughout the entire process. Joette was more than amazing! Everything we asked for became a reality. They also didn't pressure us into doing anything or spending more on anything we didn't want. They were very kind and down to earth. The presentation of everything was absolutely amazing! It was honestly like something you'd see on TV! We couldn't be happier and would recommend them to anyone in the future.

Sent on 01/08/2014

Debbie · event on 11/30/2013

Santoni's did a fabulous job with my 50th birthday party. Cherie helped me plan the party and was super helpful throughout the whole process. Leah and Andrea served as bartender and server for the evening and they were fantastic. The food was perfect and exactly how I wanted it. I can't say enough about how pleased I was. It was A+ from start to finish.

Sent on 12/07/2013

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2013

We used Santoni's catering for our wedding October 12, 2013. Joette made our entire process smooth and easy, from the intial meeting and tasting to our reception. She catered to my husband and I throughout the entire reception and made sure everything was as it should be.

Also- the food was fantastic! Our family and friends raved about it and are still talking about the flank steak. I would strongly recommend working with Joette and Santoni's if you are looking for a caterer!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Victoria · Married on 10/05/2013

Where do I even begin? I cannot say enough great things about Cherie and the Santoni's crew!

We were on a tight budget, so my husband and I met with 5 different caterers to shop around for pricing. I was very disappointed with the other caterers. No one had tried to meet our budget (not even close), they were unresponsive, and I strongly felt like they were trying to up-sell us on things we simply did not need. When we finally met with Cherie at Santoni's, it was like a breath of fresh air. She had no problem staying within our budget, and was super helpful with picking out our menu. We were able to taste and change our menu until we were satisfied with the choices, and it didn't take long. I never felt like we were up-charged unnecessarily and she was very truthful with us. Anytime I had a question, Cherie was super responsive and always helpful. Since the wedding was in my dad's backyard, it took more coordination with Cherie than I had originally thought. But that was never an issue, and she was so helpful with ironing out all the final details.

On the day of the wedding, Cherie helped to keep us on track and kept everything running smoothly. The food was amazing!! Seriously, I honestly never thought we could receive so many compliments on food! Buffets typically have a bad rap, but Santoni's surprised all of our guests, and I was told my many that it was the best wedding food they ever had. Santoni's also provided our wedding cupcakes, and they tasted so delicious.

Not only was Cherie awesome, but the staff was as well. Everyone was so professional, helpful, and friendly. We don't have a single complaint about them!

We also had an issue with our tent rental company the day before the wedding, and we were able to call Cherie for help. She helped to put us at ease, and took over the issue. Everything was pulled together and worked out beautifully, and we can't thank Cherie enough!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Brad · Married on 09/22/2013

They were great. Food was perfect. Bartenders and servers were a pleasure to deal with. They switched the floorplan a little at the end and my wife's parents ended up in the back of the room, but stuff happens! I would recommend them to anyone. Great place to eat lunch too!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Susan · Married on 09/14/2013

What a wonderful event!! They couldn't have done anything better. From the fabulous food, to the wonderful serve and attention by the staff. I highly recommend Santoni's!! They will make you wedding feel extra special with all the serve and detail given to us.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Rachel · Married on 09/13/2013

Cherie at Santoni's was great to work with when ordering our wedding cake and cookies for a cookie bar. All of the cakes Santoni's offered during the tasting were delicious, we had such a hard time choosing but were able to narrow it down to our 3 favorite flavors of almond cake w/ raspberry filling, carrot cake, and chocolate. I drew up a design for the bakery to customize our cake from and it matched my design perfectly! We were so happy with Santoni's service and everyone raved about how good the cake and cookies were!

Sent on 09/25/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Santoni's! No pressure to spend more money than we intended, nothing tricky--completely honest service. Jodi was amazing and helped us with little details that we hadn't thought of. Did I mention that our wedding guests loved the food and drink? And the cake was delicious. Jodi made sure that we had enough food and drink throughout the entire event. And they are GLBT friendly, which was a great relief to us. Just walk into Santoni's and talk to them if you aren't sure. You can shop around, but you'll end up using them, I promise!

Sent on 09/14/2013
  • User2061834 · 2+ years ago

Jodi was wonderful! We felt like royalty at the tasting and she was totally flexible and helpful in everything we wanted to do. The food was delicious and the cake was gorgeous! They worked with me to design a custom cake with silhouettes of safari animals for a wedding at the Baltimore Zoo Mansion House. The cake tasted super fresh and delicious (the bottom was vanilla with raspberry filling, the middle was an amazing carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, and the top was chocolate cake with chocolate mouse. Yum! I was 100% thrilled with my decision to use Santoni's!

Sent on 07/17/2013

J · event on 07/13/2013

From the beginning to end, our party was a hit. The choices of food, down to the bakery items. I would definitely use them again.

Sent on 01/07/2014

I am SO glad we chose Santoni's. Some highlights: Cherie, their coordinator, is awesome, and so helpful. She knows what she's doing and will make it happen! Just tell her what you want and she'll do it. They will let you bring your own cake, and cut it for you AT NO CHARGE. They let you provide the alcohol, and simply provide a bartender. They do not include tip in your contract. So it's up to you how much to give. All our guests complimented the food (we went with their most basic buffet package, and it was delicious). Could not be happier with Santoni's!

Sent on 07/17/2013