Santoni's Marketplace and Catering Reviews

Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 3
Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 4
Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 5

Deb · Married on 05/14/2016

Ms Hughes handled my daughter's wedding earlier this month and I was very pleased!! The staff were professional yet very friendly and helpful! Food was presented nicely and very tasty! Would highly recommend Santoni's!!!!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Tess · Married on 04/22/2016

We used Santoni's for our April 22 wedding and we are so glad we did! The food was fantastic and the staff at the event was wonderful - quick, efficient, polite! We used the bartender from Santoni's as well (although we purchased our own alcohol) and he was a gem! He was dancing and singing behind the bar and having a great time - it made the guests comfortable and got them in the dancing mood, too! The staff happily grabbed plates for my husband and myself so we could get a quick bite in before we had to meet and greet our guests. But they also assisted our four 90-year-old grandparents get their meals. This was really important to us - and we are grateful that they did not have to juggle plates and napkins and navigating the crowds.

But from the beginning, Cherie was really professional and helpful. At our first meeting, she helped my mom and I figure out an appropriate price point and how to create a wonderful meal from that. She gave us suggestions and pointers but she really guided us to come to decisions right for us. When it came to selecting table cloths and napkins I found myself indecisive (I had a very clear view of how I wanted everything to look but this decision made me question the right colors to coordinate with everything else). She walked me through everything and helped me make the most beautiful decision - she never told me what to do. She simply asked me questions that led me to the answer.

I had been so excited about the wedding meal that my bridesmaids had Santoni's cater my shower. I heard so many rave reviews that day! Several people told me it was the best food they ever had at a shower! It was nice to sample everything, too!

Thank you for everything!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Jackie · event on: 03/13/2016

We had an affair yesterday that was catered by Santoni's. This was the fifth affair that was catered for us by Santoni's. They always do wonderful on our affairs. Yesterday was no exception.

As usual, Jackie was great in making menu suggestions. We had plenty of food and everything was delicious. We received many compliments on how good the food was. Jackie also managed the event making sure the entrees were always replenished from beginning to end.

The bakery staff, Dana and Jen, did a terrific job on the cakes and desserts. Everything was beautiful. Again we received many compliments on the many cookies and cakes. The specialty cookies that they prepared were gorgeous and they, of course, were delicious as well.

Thank you to Santoni's for making our party a real success. We will continue to use Santoni's in the future for our parties and look forward to excellent service.

Sent on 03/15/2016

Gail · event on: 01/09/2016

I would not hesitate to use Santoni's in the future. Megan Spivey was our event planner and she did an amazing job. She is the most detail oriented person I have ever met. Every aspect of the food was attended to. In addition, the cake was decorated exactly as requested. Right down to the delivery, every person involved was amazingly helpful. Mr. Santoni himself reached out to me to ensure I was satisfied. In this day and age, it is so refreshing to see that great customer service still exists. I would trust Santoni's with the catering of any event!

Sent on 02/24/2016

Kathy · event on: 12/12/2015

We have used Santoni's several times and have never been disappointed. The food is delicious and the staff top rate. We have received several compliments on the food and people asking who catered our events because they want to use them for their own events.
    Cherrie and the staff are always professional, timely and go above and beyond to make our experience wonderful. They remember all of the small details that go into making our event a success.
    I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone and will certainly use them in the future. They are a reliable business with quality food and excellent service,

Sent on 12/13/2015

Janet · event on: 12/11/2015

Santoni's is fabulous! They were so easy to work with and extremely helpful in creating a holiday menu for our group which included some specific food needs. The food was wonderful, service was outstanding, and clean up was all handled for us. I can't say enough good things about Santoni's catering! We will definitely use them in the future!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Briana · Married on 12/06/2015

5 out of 5 for Santoni's. They catered my wedding on 3/18/17. I worked closely with Jackie and she was fantastic: professional, friendly, and flexible. The food was amazing and the prices fit perfectly I our budget. I appreciate that they helped us make last minute adjustments, like adding 13 extra people, adding on cake/cupcake options, and bearing with us when we had last minute issues. Santoni's is a sure thing and I will choose them a hundred times over!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Stephanie · event on: 11/21/2015

Santoni's did an absolutely incredible job catering our son’s bar mitzvah. Joette was amazing—she has enormous energy and such a warm personality. She helped us plan the perfect menu, outline the flow of the event, and was there for the entire event with a smile on her face to ensure it ran smoothly. In addition to the food being plentiful and so, so delicious, it was actually affordable. We have heard from numerous guests that they thought it was a spectacular affair. We have Santoni's and Joette to thank for their important role in enabling the event to be such a smooth, joyful, and special one.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Karen · Married on 11/14/2015

Santoni's was a great choice for the caterer for our wedding reception. Cherie was very helpful in choosing our menu. We were interested in keeping the costs reasonable, and she listened to us. Our wedding day was wonderful. The food was great. Cherie and her staff were very attentive, flexible, and helpful. I would definitely recommend Santoni's to everyone.

Sent on 03/25/2016

Heather · Married on 10/24/2015

Jackie and Her Husband Catered our wedding on 10/24/15 and they did an absolutely amazing job. There were many dietary restrictions with our wedding including Me as the bride and every single one of the request was met. Jackie made sure to have my food specially made and was waiting for us upon our entrance into the reception. We have heard nothing but raves about the food and cannot wait to use them for future events! They go out of they way to get to know their clients and do everything in their power to make events amazing. We would recommend them to anyone we know!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Susan · event on: 10/12/2015

We gave my parents a 60th wedding anniversary party which was catered by Santoni's. The entire experience, from sitting down and choosing the menu, to planning out the timeline for the party was a pleasure. Cherie was very professional and a great overall advisor for every detail of our event. We received many, many compliments from our guests regarding Santoni's delicious food. We also rented our table linens from Santoni's. The tables were beautiful. I wanted a sheer overlay on the cake table and Cheri went out of her way to find the most exquisite sheer embellished overlay I have ever seen. We could not be more pleased with Santoni's. They are a very caring, service-oriented company. We have used Santoni's several times now and have never been disappointed.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Kelli · Married on 09/26/2015

I can't be happier that I chose Santoni's to cater my wedding. They were fantastic to work with (especially Cherie), the food was delicious, and they provided top notch service for not only the planning process, but for the entire day of my wedding. I would recommend them to anyone hosting an event. Also, they're prices are the best around for the quality of food and service provided. I did my research and you can't beat them.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Samantha · Married on 09/06/2015

I could not have chosen a more perfect caterer for my wedding. The food was amazing! All of my guests said nothing but good things about the food. I also had a two tier wedding cake from here as well which was not only delicious but very beautiful! My husband and I planned our entire wedding in only five weeks (crazy, I know) and Santonis was able to accommodate us in every way imaginable. They were also responsible for setting up my linens, China, silverware, glassware, and also had servers working the bar area. Everything turned out PERFECT. the price range was very affordable as well considering everything that they offer. I highly suggest at least emailing someone from Santonis for more information if you're looking for a caterer. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Garrett · Married on 09/04/2015

We had Santoni's cater our desserts. We chose donuts and a small cake. These guys made it unforgettable, everyone loved the donuts!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Kelly · Married on 06/13/2015

I have always loved Santoni's cakes and pastries, but I was wowed when it came to them making my wedding cake. The tasting itself was delicious and they gave us plenty of options to choose from. We ended up picking out four different options for the wedding cake; one option for a sheet cake in case we ran out, and then a three-tiered wedding cake to go on display at the reception. I sent them a picture of what I wanted the cake to look sort-of like and they created a beautiful cake that exceeded my expectation. The cake was delicious and moist the day of the wedding and they even offer an option for you to get your top tier of your cake for free on your one-year wedding anniversary. Overall Santoni's wowed me when it came to my wedding cake.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Jess · Married on 05/16/2015

As my husband and I were planning our wedding in 2014, we both recognized the importance of the dessert portion of the party. I knew of Santoni's quality foods and desserts when I worked in Reisterstown, MD. Santoni's would cater events at my school that included sandwiches, cookies, brownies, and salad that the market place also delivered. I visited the market on various occasions with friends for coffee or lunch.

Since I started communicating with Cherie at Santoni's, it was a clear and easy process. Cherie was available through email and phone calls; if she wan't in the office, she responded in a timely manner.

Mike and I met Cherie to taste all the cupcakes, check out display ideas, and even see what Santoni's offered with linens. The variety we were able to choose for our wedding was awesome! We got to pick 8 flavors of delicious cupcakes. I have to say, Black Bottom, Red Velvet, Oreo, Peanut Butter Cup, Vanilla, Chocolate, and Cookie Dough were so so tasty! Our wedding quests were very pleased with the choices they had, as well as their final cupcake decision.

Not only are the flavors amazing, but their prices are very fair. Cherie delivered the cupcakes, and set up the beautiful display. At the venue, she came directly to me, showed me pictures to ensure I was happy with the work she did. I was! It was incredible.

For anyone looking for quality customer service, delicious desserts at a great price, and those hoping to please their party guests: check out Santoini's! They were wonderful to work with, from start to finish while we were planning out wedding. Thank you Cherie, and Santoni's!

Sent on 04/01/2015
  • MatthewMorgal

Matthew · Married on 05/02/2015

Santoni's was extremely friendly and helpful throughout the entire wedding process. They let us try a number of different food options and gave us plenty of flexibility both in creating a reception dinner menu and an awesome wedding cake. The food at the reception was just as good as when we tried it at the taste testing, and the cake was perfect.

Santoni's also provides table settings and dishes which I highly recommend taking advantage of - they looked beautiful during the reception, and the staff was very flexible in letting us borrow samples to see how it looked at our venue.

Sent on 05/11/2015

June · Married on 05/02/2015

I cannot even express how wonderful our experience with Santoni's was! We had a "backyard" wedding and Santoni's made it feel like a five star restaurant. From the very first consultation, we knew this was the right way to go! They truely made out day complete from the excellent service to the delicious food with such attention to detail from the very start! All we had were ideas and they made them realities! I would hire them 100 times over for any event! Cherie especially made all of our dreams come true! I thank them from the bottom of my heart! By the way-people are still talking about the food and how it was the best meal they have had in a while!

Sent on 05/16/2015

My daughter was married at her (now-) husband's family home (cocktail hour) and the reception was around the corner at our home (dinner). We were anxious to find a caterer to handle both locations with perfect timing. We chose Santoni's for the wedding over several other caterers on our list. Our experience was exceptional from the moment we began corresponding with Cherie via email (lots of fact-finding questions). She responded quickly and built our confidence immediately. The tasting was delicious, generous and elegantly served with no pressure at all. When we met to discuss plans, Cherie understood exactly what my daughter described and had many ideas to add special touches to the presentation. She listened carefully to the details and took lots of notes - she even came out to our houses to see the venues and talk through the logistics.
    The event was amazing. The food was beautifully presented and the servers were professional and remarkably smooth in their tasks. They seemed to genuinely enjoy the event as much as our guests and were a pleasure to speak with. And, of course, the food was great! The food is one of the most memorable parts of an event, whether good or bad, and I'm so happy to say people are still talking about the "best food they've ever had at a wedding".
    I'm so appreciative of Cherie and Santoni's - I can't imagine a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 05/22/2015
  • User4939346 · event on: 03/29/2015

I ordered the meal about 3 weeks ahead using the web site and calling it in.. I called the day before to confirm everything. My sister picked it up and they were informed of my order and brought it to the car for her. The food was delicious and we had leftovers.. I will definitely use them again..

Sent on 04/03/2015

Kim and Tami · Married on 03/28/2015

We worked with Joette and she was amazing. Always a quick response. the value for your dollar is amazing.. Our guests couldn't say enough great things about the food. one example was "best wedding food we have ever had, didn't even taste like wedding food". The terakyi salmon was outstanding! We had the lemon wedding cake which is moist and incredible. Servers are great, bartenders are great. We love them, and you can not go wrong with choosing them to caterer your wedding, you will not be sorry. There is absolutely nothing negative I can say!! Joette took amazing care of us during the whole process and the wedding day.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Kim · event on: 01/24/2015

The Bar Mitzvah cake was beautiful, and it tasted so delicious! Everyone is raving about the cake. It was so enormous that we shared it with colleagues at work too, and they loved it as well! Outstanding job! We will be having other cakes made for special occasions from Santoni's. Thanks so much!

Sent on 01/30/2015

Karen · Married on 11/15/2014

I highly recommend Santoni’s if you are looking for a caterer in the Baltimore Metropolitan Area that provides both delicious food and great waitstaff service. My daughter got married on November 15, 2014 at the beautiful, rustic, Oliver’s Carriage House in Ellicott City. This 2-story venue was used for the entire affair - wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Jackie Skudrna, was our coordinator from Santoni’s, and she was superb in transforming the serene, upper level wedding ceremony space, into a festive reception room while our guests enjoyed cocktails and Hors d’oeuvres on the lower level. What seemed like an extremely challenging and impossible task was not a problem for Jackie. She brought along a terrific bartender and staff that was attentive, fun and polite. Our 65 guests were individually served at their tables – salads were fresh, entrees were delicious and warm. Many of our guests complimented us during the evening and afterwards on how they enjoyed their meal that night. Her waitstaff, while professional throughout, felt like family to our daughter and her guests. Jackie was instrumental in making the night a success. A true professional with an eye toward detail from our first meeting to the end.

Sent on 12/24/2014

Rebecca · Married on 11/09/2014

Santoni's Market Place and Catering gave us a great reception ! We had such wonderful food. Our guests for weeks after commented on the food, the excellent service, friendly, happy wait staff. Our coordinator Joette was the best to work with. She was patient, kind and incredibly helpful. We had a buffet dinner. Food was out on time, hot and delicious. There was great attention to detail in the planning process and all evening long on our day. Joette, herself made certain we, as bride and groom were taken care of all day and evening. She and her wait staff made everyone feel so very special. It was clear to us that there is a respect for Joette by her wait staff, that says so much. These folks all had smiles on their faces, and looked like they were having fun right along with us

There is no doubt that as special events come along for the Tyrrell Family, Santoni's will be our only catering choice.

Sent on 12/15/2014

I am beyond impressed with the service at our wedding yesterday! They went above and beyond to accommodate our needs/desires. Food is so important at a wedding....Santoni's presented the food beautifully and our guests kept commenting on how good the food was! Cherie was the awesome manager that I dealt with through out the entire process and was present at the wedding. She is WONDERFUL! I couldn't have asked for a better team to caterer my wedding!

Sent on 11/02/2014