10 Reviews for Santa Barbara Woman's Club

Parking (2)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
10 Santa Barbara Woman's Club Reviews

We had our wedding last weekend at Rockwood and it was amazing! The venue is perfect- both inside and outside. The outside area we had our ceremony under the oak tree was fantastic and being able to use the patio all night was a huge plus. It was also great how you can set up on Friday before the wedding and pick up any items on Monday- so you don't have to rush around on Saturday like you do at many other venues. The only thing I would say is we had a beautiful day in SB with temperature being 75 degrees. With 150 people inside the building around 6:00 it did get very warm. If there is a possibility of it being a hot day, I would suggest bringing in fans for the corners of the room. Some of our guests were fanning themselves at the tables and it was hard to keep people dancing early in the night because it was so hot- everyone wanted to be outside. Other than that Rockwood is a perfect venue. I received a ton of compliments about how beautiful the setting was. I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jillian, 7/9/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Uncovered Outdoor

We could not have asked for a more perfect venue for our April wedding. From our first walk-through we knew it was the place for us, the property is a gorgeous Spanish style building with an Oak tree covered patio and beautiful gardens surrounding. It has that quintessential Santa Barbara style which was exactly what we were looking for. We loved that it offered both indoor and outdoor spaces and is so beautiful on its own that you really don't need to worry about adding too much additional decor. It also has plenty of overnight parking onsite for guests, which is a huge plus.

You get a great deal with Rockwood in that they allow you to setup for your event the Friday before your wedding and cleanup/pickup on Monday. This makes life so much easier not having to rush the setup and cleanup and it helps save money on rentals since the rental companies are usually less busy on Fridays and Mondays. They do require that you hire a day-of wedding coordinator which increases the overall cost of the venue, but we found that it was well worth it to have a coordinator there to help organize our wedding day.

Rentals and catering are not provided by the venue so you are able to chose exactly what you want and how much you want to spend on each. Santa Barbara Women's club provides a list of preferred vendors that they have worked with in the past and every one of the vendors that we chose from their list was phenomenal. Sue, the event coordinator at Rockwood, was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process and was very responsive to all of our questions. Santa Barbara Women's club was by far the best value out of any of the other venues that we saw in the Santa Barbara area.

Profile Picture Linnea, 4/23/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Parking

My husband & I searched high & low for the perfect wedding venue, we researched nearly all of the wedding venues in Santa Barbara county & visited 5 locations in person - the Santa Barbara Woman's Club stood apart from the rest. . Here are the reasons why:

1. Price: Great value for all that you get.

2. Indoor & Outdoor Space: We had our ceremony & cocktail hour outside in their beautiful patio & had our reception indoors.

3. Architecture & Landscape: the architectural integrity & details of this property are beautiful. The building has french doors that open into the outdoor space that is beautifully paved & includes a mature oak tree that anchors the center of the space and an outdoor fireplace. The property has historic ruins & an oak grove that served as a beautiful backdrop for our wedding portraits.

4. Location: This venue is close to the rose garden & Santa Barbara Mission, both great places for wedding photos.

5. Amenities: This venue has a kitchen & an overnight parking lot included.

6. Only 1 wedding/weekend: There are venues that will hold multiple weddings on the same day at different locations on their property or will have back to back to back weddings on Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

7. Serene & Romantic Energy: This place has a great energy & space for a special event like a wedding. I enjoyed spending our wedding at the Santa Barbara Woman's Club with my husband, friends & family - it really did make the wedding special and memorable.

Profile Picture Lily, 10/4/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue! I really liked that they allow you to setup on Friday and breakdown on Monday. The people I worked with there were so friendly and helpful throughout the whole process too. Overall a great experience! Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/20/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely GORGEOUS! I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to get married in SB yet wants to be close-ish to downtown and not at a hotel or an estate. It's a beautiful building (and has a newly renovated ladies' bathroom -- a big plus in my book!). Working with Sue and Marty was so easy and fun. The only issue we had is that the venue got super hot in mid-July (temps were in the 80s!), as there is no air conditioning. So, if you're doing a summer wedding, rent some fans like we did! Otherwise, the venue is perfect.

Profile Picture Natasha, 7/12/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Santa Barbara Women’s Club is really a magical place to get married. Its simple, elegant and even ethereal beauty wowed us when we first saw it, as it did our guests on our wedding day. It has some really nice touches too, including a large outdoor fireplace that we used for a “s’more station” and a large projection screen over its stage. On top of all this, Sue, who manages the property, is just a delight to work with. Also, Marty, the venue’s point person during the event, couldn’t have been more helpful. This place books early, so make sure to see it and get on their calendar!!

Profile Picture Laura, 2/8/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I begin? My love affair with the SB woman's club came when I attended a wedding expo there. The second I laid my eyes on the beauty of the building inside and out I picked up my phone and begged my fiancé to have our wedding there. I checked around for months and believe you me, there was no better venue that allowed so many options and flexibility when it came to parking, allowing you to have full control over catering, access to the building, etc...there was no other place that came close!

When I visited for a private tour of the building Marty took me around and showed me all the hidden treasures of the building that I didn't really get to see during the expo and my loved deepened! I was shocked at the price value and didn't have to catch my breath after I heard the price for the first time while planning my wedding! The back drop of the beautiful trees, lovely dressing room for the bride and the indoor/outdoor fire place made it feel so much more romantic and rustic; perfect for my fall wedding.

When it came time to get the wheels in motion and to start planning, well you just don't get any better then Sue. She calmed me down when I started to become a bit scattered with her calm and sweet demeanor. It helped me breathe a bit deeper working with someone who just knows all the answers to your questions. She was so helpful and available which is always a plus when dealing with the most hectic yet important day of your life.

If you are looking for a romantic, classic, beautiful venue to start your life with your fiancé, this is the place. SB Rockwood Women's club gives you such a wonderful space that it allows you transform the room as beautiful as you can dream.

Thanks for making my wedding so much more that I could have ever imagined.

Profile Picture Cara, 12/7/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rockwood was the perfect venue and I'm so thankful that I got married there. Sue and Marty always went above and beyond during the entire planning process and especially the week of and day of my wedding.
The venue is great because you get access for the entire weekend, Friday - Sunday. For a little extra we were even able to use the venue on Thursday to make all of our flower arrangements and leave them at the venue. There is ample storage throughout the building, an enormous parking lot so you don't need to deal with a valet service, and you can come back on Monday to clean up instead of immediately after your event. The venue also provides round and rectangle tables, but you need to rent everything else. I thought the price of the venue was reasonable considering we were able to set up the entire event on Friday, have the wedding Saturday, and come on Monday to take it down. Obviously the setting is beautiful, rustic, and very Santa Barbara, but Sue and Marty really made the experience great by responding to emails within the hour, being very flexible about what times we could set up, and having all the tools and equipment (ladders, lights) we would otherwise have had to bring in ourselves.

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/10/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great venue! We had both the ceremony and reception at the venue. It was beautiful. Sue was great to work with and very responsive when it came to questions. The venue is perfect for a wedding!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 7/31/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is so gorgeous. I fell in love with it at first sight. Old Santa Barbara Spanish Style. Oak covered terrace for the ceremony right next to a beautiful old OUTDOOR fireplace. We set up chinese lanterns in all the trees. The reception entrance , yes, with another old spanish fireplace, was awsome for photos and for sign in. We turned the outdoor area into a lounge area right after the reception and kept the fireplace going out there and the guests really loved it. The inside is fab! Although this place looks really expensive, it isnt. Its the same rental as all the other venues, except, my caterer informed me, you save money on the rentals.
The main reception area is two levels-ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL OLD SPANISH FIREPLACE in this room. All wood floors -so no dance floor rental, and they have all their own table and chairs. We did rent the chairs becuase they were a bit dated, still with everything they had there we saved over $1500.
They also have a huge parking lot, so no issues there. Everyone was blown away by my choice-thanks to our caterer for suggesting them and thank you Sue Graff at the Rockwood for being so great to work with.

Profile Picture Amy , 5/2/09, 3 Reviews