Santa Barbara Classic Weddings Reviews

64 Reviews for Santa Barbara Classic Weddings

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings 1
Santa Barbara Classic Weddings 2

Bridget · Married on 05/12/2012

Patrice was absolutely wonderful to work with, from the first meeting,(where we too made it to the car and then walked right back in and asked her to be our Officiant), to the rehearsal (squeezed in for us before another ceremony) to the actual ceremony. Patrice's reassuring professionalism will calm the worst of nerves. It still amazes me how well she captured "us" , our family, and all the elements we wanted to include. The personalization of our ceremony and booklet still amazes me. Patrice made sure that the ceremony was indeed the most remembered and cherished part of our day and probably most complimented too!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Patricia · Married on 05/06/2012

I knew that Patrice was the right fit for our special day the moment after we met with her. I shared this with my fiance (now husband) in our vehicle. She possessed the soft, feminine touch that I desired, along with an air of professionalism.
    She was communicative, and even composed a book that commemorated our day. On the day of the rehearsal she had another wedding in Santa Ynez, and made sure there was a back up person. As it turned our she made it right on time, so there were two people to help compose the ceremony.
    I would reccomend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Patricia & Walter were married overlooking the lagoon at the UCSB Faculty Club. It was very elegant which truly suited their style. The rehearsal went off perfectly with the help of the Amazingdays.com planner, Sophie, although I usually manage rehearsals myself. Laurie Rasmussen, harpist extraordinaire, brought her expertise to the wedding which had an Irish theme. The professional teamwork for this wedding really proved why people choose Santa Barbara as a destination wedding place--lots of great services and people who go the extra mile!

Amanda · Married on 04/25/2012

Patrice was the perfect officiant for our ceremony. She is such a warm and caring person and makes you feel very at ease. Patrice helped us write our own vows and allowed us to have the personal ceremony that we had envisioned. I would highly recommend Patrice as an officiant and I can't imagine our special day without her.

Sent on 05/05/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Amanda and Carlos, your wedding was an elegant jewel of intimacy. I will never forget that incredible courtyard at the Ojai Valley Inn where I looked out at the smiling faces of your family while you said your vows. Thank you for your lovely review; it was my great honor to be part of your beautiful day.

Carrington · Married on 02/12/2012

From the second my husband and I met Patrice we were inlove! She did an amazing job. She understood who we were, and the love we have for eachother and new exactly was poems and readings we would like for our ceremony.

From the day my husband proposed, we new that we couldn't read our own vows because we couldn't get through them without crying. So she read them for us and they were amazing!

Sent on 02/21/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Carrington and Jared, you two exhibited the deepest love and support for each other from the minute I met you. I really believe you will be a wonderful team! Your wedding at the Stow House gardens reflected your attention to detail as well as your immense dedication to having fun. What a pleasure to be there for you at the beginning of your married life!

gio · Married on 10/01/2011

There are no words to describe how amazing patrice is. She not only went out of her way for us but made us feel like we were the only couple in the world getting married. She made everything so personal and amazing. She became part of my family when she performed my ceremony and she will forever be a part of our lifes.

Sent on 12/11/2012

David · Married on 08/21/2011

Patrice was fantastic! We first met her for tea at her lovely house to discuss our ideas for the ceremony, and she had some great suggestions and insight for things we hadn't thought about. We loved that she was early for meeting us at the rehearsal and ceremony, and she took care of all the paper work after.

Sent on 05/23/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Samantha and David, the Santa Barbara Childs Estate Zoo was the perfect venue for you two. You had such a wonderfully light-hearted approach to your wedding, and everyone laughed and enjoyed the ceremony so much. I can still see your guests having refreshments afterwards with the giraffes looking on. Fun! Thanks so much for your review...you two are great!

Ashley · Married on 07/30/2011

Patrice at Santa Barbara Classic Weddings was a delight to work with. My husband and I met with her for a consultation at her home. While there she made us feel welcomed and was delighted to talk about our visions for our wedding. That is when she also met our then 4 year old daughter, and our daughter adored her. Which was a HUGE plus in our opinion. She understood our vision for our ceremony and her personality vibrated beyond just her services. Patrice was in constant contact with me the weeks leading up to our wedding. She sent us a general outline of what to expect out of our ceremony, and it went above and beyond our expectations. She made herself available for our rehearsal (all the way in Solvang) the day before the big day, and was a huge help in showing our wedding party where to go and what to do so our ceremony would be smooth and memorable. The day of the wedding she was professional and sweet and gave me and my husband the ceremony we dreamed of. She went above and beyond incorporating our daughter into the ceremony, as she made sweet gestures and comments when our daughter laughed and said "aww." We would highly recommend her, if you are looking for an officiant that goes above and beyond her services and gives off a pleasantly warm vibe at a great value!

Sent on 05/26/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Ashley and Brad, I loved seeing what great parents you are...knowing that our world will be a better place because of people like you caring so deeply for their children...and marrying to create a true family. The Shoestring Winery in Solvang was the perfect place for your wedding...beautiful and fun, just like you!

deneen · Married on 06/25/2011

We consider ourselves truly blessed and lucky too, to have found our way to Patrice's front door and open heart. The moment we met her, I knew she would perform our wedding ceremony. Her spirit is lovely and kind, she listened to how we imagined our special day and sent us an itinerary that exceeded our expectations. She was very personable, checked in on me before the ceremony to calm my nerves and tell me what a beautiful bride I was. She recited a poem and prayer during our garden wedding. Patrice was a beautiful part of our wedding and we thank her so much.

Sent on 06/20/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

A marriage that blends two families is a marvelous blessing to the children. Deneen and Lance married at a private estate in Santa Barbara, surrounding by their beautiful children, as well as family and friends. The view was spectacular but could not compete with the glowing happiness of this couple who wrote such lighthearted and loving vows!

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2011

We highly recommend Patrice Handley! She was our officiant for our wedding at Coquelicot Estate Winery in Solvang in June 2011.

From the moment we met Patrice, we knew she was perfect for our wedding. We really didn't know where to start when it came to choosing the readings, vows, etc. We wanted to have some religious aspects, but not too many. We wanted something with tradition, but also with a contemporary twist.

Patrice immediately put our minds at ease! She walked us through all the options for the format, vows, readings, etc. She never said "this is what most people do." It was important to her that we created our own unique experience that represented us.

Patrice shared her wealth of knowledge about wedding customs and readings from all religions and cultures. She shared ideas with the most open mind. Each step of the way, she encouraged us to chose words that best represented our relationship. We ended up adding in the Rose Ceremony (where you exchange rose buds) which we had not planned, and loved it! We also added the Irish Blessing at the end of the ceremony. She made us a beautiful book of the ceremony text that is an amazing keepsake.

Patrice is also 150% professional! She was always on time or early, always responded to our emails or calls right away, and is a pro at AV. Her recommendation for lapel mics was the best. She is a true lady when it comes to fashion too. She is so poised and has an amazing voice - very calming, sincere and enthusiastic.

Patrice made our ceremony perfect and so special. She inspired us to take the time to make it unique and memorable. It worked! Everyone came up to us at the reception and said "that was the best ceremony!"

We are so grateful that we found Patrice & recommend her highly!

-Lauren and Ryan Mitchell

Sent on 05/26/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Lauren and Ryan, you two have the biggest hearts. Your review proves it! It was so great to see you this month at the wedding in Malibu...your referral to do that wedding meant the world to me. You know my door is always open to you when you come to Santa Barbara; actually you must come visit soon!

Sandra · Married on 04/29/2011

Patrice was the perfect person for our intimate wedding ceremony. We thought that living outside the country would be challenging, but Patrice responded perfectly to our needs and in a timely manner. She was able to suggest places, ceremony ideas and took the time to talk with us long distance (several times) to ensure that she met our expectations.
    In person Patrice was personable, organized, warm and genuine. We really felt that the work she did was just for us and created to make our special day unique.
    We highly recommend Patrice as an officiant for any marriage ceremony.

Sent on 05/28/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

I continue to be amazed at the gracious reviews I am getting, and certainly am honored by this one by Sandra and Kerry from Canada. They got engaged in a snowstorm on Lake Louise and inspired me to write a ceremony about their deep love of one another and of nature. The poem about the grandeur of nature that we discovered was perfect for this outdoor loving couple who came to my beloved Santa Barbara to marry.

Elizabeth · Married on 04/25/2011

Patrice was great. We wanted our ceremony short and sweet and that is exactly what we got. We could of had any kind of ceremony that we wanted because Patrice was willing to work with us. She was extremely flexible with our meeting with her which was nice since we were coming from Orange County. If we needed to discuss a problem with her or had a question Patrice was more than willing to help out. I feel that she genuinely cares about all of the couples that she meets. Our wedding day was beautiful and I have to thank Patrice for that! I would hands down recommend Patrice to anyone on the hunt for a wonderful officiant!

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Elizabeth and Jonathan, your photos really capture the beauty of your wedding at El Capitan Beach. But even more than that, they show the magic of your love for one another. You two are so beautiful, and your ability to overcome all the obstacles before you makes you even more amazing. I will always hold you in my heart.

Deanna · Married on 03/26/2011

It was such a wonderful experience to have Patrice officiate our wedding. She met with us in advance to go over exactly the type of ceremony we wanted, and we could not have pulled off such a beautiful ceremony without her guidance. She made our wedding a very warm and engaging event and I would recommend her services to everyone.

The Pato's

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

OK, has there ever been a more original wedding at the Santa Barbara Courthouse?! With the superb accordion player resounding through the gardens with each song! Deanna, Soren's smile matched your beauty...quite a feat...and the ceremony was just the beginning of an amazing day. Unforgettable!

Jean · Married on 10/10/2010

Patrice is a peaceful loving officiant who we will absolutely reccomend . Planning to have her renew our vows each year!

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Jean and Jesse, your marriage on the sand at Hollister Ranch with the ocean as our backdrop and your darling daughters attending was a tribute to your dedication to each other and to family. Renewing your vows for years to come means I get to see all of you grow together. Fantastic!

Jason · Married on 05/15/2011

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

Very pleasant and helpful with the vows. Good contact by email, but docked her a point because of wedding day tardiness (due to car trouble, so can't hold that against her). Overall pleased with the entire process.

Sent on 05/23/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Jason, thank you so much for leaving your feedback. I do apologize for the situation that occurred on your wedding day. As you know, I had a car emergency and arriving at your ceremony 30 minutes early, per usual, was out of my hands. I am glad to hear, however, that you were very happy with the rest of my services and am glad that the 7 minutes I was delayed did not interfere with the beauty and meaningfulness of your ceremony. BTW, your vows to Mary were particularly sweet. As my other reviews indicate, I take my work very seriously and am always very punctual. My very best to both you and Mary.