Santa Barbara Classic Weddings Reviews

64 Reviews for Santa Barbara Classic Weddings

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings 1
Santa Barbara Classic Weddings 2

Malcolm · Married on 08/06/2015

I can't recommend Patrice highly enough. We wanted to get married in California as part of a trip to the US from England. We had a couple of problems understanding the arrangements and were in a fix worrying about how to sort everything out. To put it simply: Patrice came to our rescue. She got back to me straight away from my initial inquiry and helped me understand how to sort out arrangements to get married in Santa Barbara and what I needed to do. For the ceremony Patrice spend time with us on the phone from the UK before we came over; she took the time to understand us, our relationship, how likes and how we wanted our day to go. From this she prepared the most beautiful ceremony that reflected everything we wanted and which brought a tear to our eyes and a smile to our faces. We were visiting with just our 2 sons and ourselves and driving around California for a holiday-come-wedding-come-honeymoon - as such we needed a witness and a photographer (and help arranging flowers), Patrice helped provide all of these. Her attitude, care and attention to detail really mark her out.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

This jolly couple from England came during Fiesta, the wildest time of year in Santa Barbara. They jumped right in to all the fun because they're that kind of people. After the wedding in the gardens, the witness I brought took their darling boys up to the Clocktower for a view of the world! They loved it! I would call this a "family wedding" because Malcolm & Beth wanted nothing more than their sons to feel included...their precious ringbearers :) Then off they went to ride the trolley to join Fiesta...a very happy beginning for a new little family.

Patrice is, quite simply, the most wonderful wedding officiant any couple could hope for. My husband and I are in complete agreement that Patrice's impeccably warm, gracious, and professional manner was a treasured highlight of our intimate elopement ceremony in Santa Barbara this past July. Hiring a stranger to play a prominent role in what is a very personal and emotional experience can be an overwhelming process. How do you decide from an on-line profile?? And yet, from my first conversation with Patrice, I knew she would be perfect for us. Her experience and grace were evident in the kindness of her tone and her well-designed questions. She deftly discovered what was important to us about our wedding and the feelings we have for each other and our relationship. It was clear that Patrice's goal was to do all she could to make our moment exactly what we wanted it to be. And she succeeded masterfully. We were delighted to be joined in marriage by someone who felt like a lovely new friend, one who was as joyful at our happiness as we were.
    I urge you to see if she is available for your date. It will be the best decision you make for your ceremony.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

The gardens of the splendid Four Seasons Biltmore in Montecito was the backdrop for a very intimate ceremony for this endearing couple. They had traveled across the US to be married by the Pacific Ocean, and they were astounded by the spectacular beauty of this region. But more important than their surroundings was the profound and sweet sincerity of their vows and their joy in getting married. True love is a rare and beautiful thing...and this adorable couple surely has found it! I will always carry them in my heart...always.

Melissa · Married on 05/16/2015

Patrice is amazing!!! Patrice officiated our wedding ceremony last month and she did such a phenomenal job!! She crafted a gorgeous, touching and personal ceremony that everyone is still talking about. We met with Patrice a few months before our ceremony and it was such a joy spending time with her and getting to know each other. She took a genuine interest in our relationship and put together the most beautiful ceremony :) After our meeting she provided us with readings and vows to pick and choose from. After this she sent us a full draft that we could alter any way we wanted to. She did such an amazing job we didn't have any changes!! She really got us!! My husband and I are both secular and did not write our own vows, so were nervous about how our personalities and love would be captured in the ceremony. Patrice did such an amazing job of creating such a personal and meaningful ceremony. I cannot rave enough about Patrice!!! She was always available to us in the planning process which was so helpful. She also gives you a beautiful book that contains your ceremony word for word that we will treasure forever. Thank you, Patrice for such an incredible and meaningful ceremony!!!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

There are those couples who steal my heart from the beginning, and Melissa & Fareed were one of those. Not enough can be said about the authentic consideration they have for each other's thoughts and feelings, and that is why I have total confidence that they will have a lifetime of dedication to one another, as well as a very happy marriage. They married on the beach by the Rincon Beach Club on a perfect afternoon...a perfect day for a darling couple!

Patrice is absolutely amazing! My wife and I highly recommend Patrice.

From the very first conversation we had Patrice took a genuine interest in our relationship and in learning about us. She took the time to customize a ceremony that fit our personalities and interests. And, did I mention she did all this on very (very!) short notice? Patrice went out of her way to make our wedding day truly memorable. The ceremony was beautiful and exactly what we wanted (even if we couldn't totally describe it ourselves beforehand).

In addition, Patrice went above and beyond by helping us secure a last minute change in venue when the weather report showed that our beach elopement was going to be hampered by cold and drizzly weather.

We cannot say enough about how critical Patrice was to our amazing day. Thank you Patrice!

-Alejandro and Sandy

Sent on 05/26/2015

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

The chapel at historic El Presidio de Santa Barbara opened its ancient doors for this lovely couple...a last minute miracle! The city manages this venue through their coordinator, Rain Longo, who magically facilitated everything with a smile. Sandy and Alejandro are wonderful people...gorgeous and grateful at the same time. The profusion of lit candles created an evening of enchantment...a ceremony I will never forget!

Jessica · Married on 11/01/2014

Patrice was awesome! My husband and I met with Patrice shortly after our engagement and we knew immediately that she was perfect. She crafted a beautiful ceremony and provided us with a written keepsake version for us to keep. Her kind demeanor set the perfect tone for our special day. I would highly recommend Patrice!!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Maureen · Married on 08/31/2014

Our son and his fiance wanted a small but nice civil ceremony and we found Santa Barbara Classic Weddings and Patrice Handley through an online search. She had wonderful review comments. Patrice treated us so kindly and calmly. She took the time to get to know our son and his fiance and then so beautifully incorporated these details into the ceremony. Patrice suggested the Santa Barbara Historic Courthouse, which was a beautiful venue. We found a wonderful spot under a giant magnolia tree on the grounds. We are so thankful we found Patrice for this most special occasion. She made things so much easier for all of us. Thanks so much.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

I'm always honored to marry members of the military...I'm so proud of their contribution to our nation. Plus I love to see the guys dressed in their dress uniforms! Sam & Courtney were adorable...full of smiles and laughter. Their informal wedding with family surrounding them, under the coolness of the giant magnolia tree, felt like we were in a special forest. Truly lovely!

Patrice was such a fabulous officiant! She is an intuitive person who easily grasped the qualities in our relationship that make us unique. As two working professionals with little extra time, she was also very patient in working with us. We had a phone meeting and two in person meetings and were able to form a connection very quickly. Patrice is down to earth and centered; she is happy and positive, but also wise and grounded. Honestly, she was so absolutely wonderful, it is hard to put into words!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

When I met with this couple I was so pleased to sense their dedication to one another...they had each other's backs! Their wedding at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum was so happy and lively. Of course it is incredibly beautiful there, but there was something special about marrying a grown up Fiesta flower girl to a groom from a family from the early days of California. It was like taking a step back in time. As she walked up the aisle, I whispered to the room, "She looks like a queen." He responded, "She is a queen!"

Diana · Married on 05/25/2014

Patrice officiated our wedding at the Montecito country club and she is AMAZING!! She really made my husband and I feel so comfortable and really got a sense of who we are before she designed a wedding ceremony that represented us. She is so easy to work with and I would definitely recommend her for any wedding!! She won't disappoint and is very responsive with emails.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Often a couple choose those closest to them as their wedding party. These people can be a mirror into the nature of the bride and groom. Well, I can just say this: their maids of honor and groomsmen were absolutely adorable! Everyone was so happy and thrilled for this couple. The families shared in the delight, and the ceremony at the Montecito Country Club was full of laughter and tears--always the best combination!

Stephanie · Married on 05/24/2014

We found Patrice through our photographer-karen dicks. Only spoke together a few times before the ceremony and she was always so nice and helpful. The day of, our ceremony was beautiful, patrice was beautiful and everyone loved it! Thank you so much Patrice!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

It's hard not to get a good photo at the historic Santa Barbara Courthouse Sunken Gardens, and Karen Dicks Photography proved it again. Of course, the bride and groom were gorgeous, so that didn't hurt! Some couples just come to their marriage ceremony with so much love and open heartedness that it's difficult to say goodbye afterwards; and I certainly felt that way with this very lovely couple.

Kristin · Married on 03/29/2014

We were so fortunate to meet Patrice and have her officiate our wedding. We knew we wanted someone with a warm, welcoming, and calming presence to take part on our special day and we found just that in Patrice. She was very professional, had a beautiful way with words, and made the process smooth and stress free. We received more compliments on our ceremony than virtually any other aspect of our wedding and it truly was lovely. Our families just loved her and she wrote a beautiful ceremony that will stay with us always. We couldn't be happier with the whole experience and would highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

This sweet couple has created a world that truly fades away and they live in a world of their own creation. They really are best friends which is a very important component of a successful marriage. Their ceremony, at the top of the world at Elings Park, was so meaningful because of the personalized things they planned. They even had a painter who painted the most charming picture of the setting-on the spot! It was my great pleasure to marry such devoted people.

Thank you! You were a delight. Sweet. Funny. Charming. But, most of all, we felt the love and sincerity of your words.

You helped make our special day wedding day perfect!

Even now, when I close my eyes, I can't imagine anyone else officiating our ceremony. You, Patrice, were the perfect choice.
    I'm very thankful for God's and the Universe's direction.

Also - thank you for incorporating all of our wishes for Scripture, readings and poems. I don't know how wildly different our ceremony was from the norm - but we feel it was 'so us' and exactly right.

All the best.

Nancy and Chuck Vahovick
    Upland, CA.

Date of Marriage: The first day of Spring -- Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sent on 03/28/2014

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

I, too, remember well your marriage at the Santa Barbara Courthouse gardens. Your ceremony was particularly unique because of your own ideas of the things you wanted said on your wedding day-they were simply wonderful! You two are truly blessed to have found one another!

Jake · Married on 01/19/2014

Elizabeth and I had a destination wedding in Santa Barbara. I was put in charge of picking out the officiant to wed Elizabeth and me. Our wedding planner had provided a few names. In review, as soon as I saw Patrice's web page, I realized that I had been at a wedding that she officiated. Although it was about 10 years prior, I had remembered her.
    I was blown away with Patrice when I called her the first time. From the soothing sound of her voice to her kindness I knew she was the perfect person to marry us. She spent quality time with me on the phone getting to know me. It was such a pleasant experience right from the beginning.
    Over the course of the next few months, Patrice worked closely with us tailoring our ceremony to match Elizabeth's and my preferences. We knew what to expect come wedding day but even then, Patrice exceeded all expectations with an absolutely beautiful ceremony that was a perfect fit for Elizabeth and me. Several of our guests commented on how it was the most beautiful ceremony they have ever attended.
    I can't think of any suggestions to Patrice as our ceremony was PERFECT!

Sent on 03/12/2014

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

That perfectly beautiful morning on the terrace of the Canary Hotel was stupendous! The depth of your sincere words to one another filled the air. Adyson's little face was gleaming as she watched you become husband and wife...something I will always remember. Though you had things to do before you found one another, you truly are a perfect match!

Amy · Married on 09/28/2013

We had a wonderful experience dealing with Patrice. Our ceremony was better than expected. Patrice even brought a sound system and didnt even charge us for that. She was professional and made our day one we will never forget.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Saarloos & Sons Winery in Los Olivos has a wonderful meadow that was the perfect informal spot for Rob & Amy's wedding. Amy surprised Rob with a poem, which was so great...considering that Rob is a poet! I just had to bring my PA system, since I was in on the secret :)

Nikki · Married on 08/17/2013

We didn't have much luck after speaking with a couple officiants, but the second we spoke with Patrice we knew she was a perfect match . She has such a warm kind heart which made it easy for us to talk with her. She listened to our life stories and wrote an amazing piece about us that brought tears to our eyes. It really showed who we were together as a couple. It was an absolutely beautiful ceremony and we have Patrice to thank for it. As a keep sake she gave us a lovely printed book with our ceremony in it.Thank you Patrice for everything! It was a dream come true.

Sent on 09/12/2013

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

You are the sweetest couple ever...so funny and loving and happy. The Rotunda Garden at the Santa Barbara Courthouse surrounded you and your friends & family in lush beauty...the perfect setting for a beginning of what I'm sure will be a long & satisfying marriage!
  • User2089119 · 2+ years ago

We feel so happy and blessed to have had Patrice officiate our wedding! First of all, Patrice was very flexible when first meeting us to discuss the possibility of being our officiant, as we were living in England at the time and so had to arrange our initial meeting via Skype. Despite this limitation, we were so happy to have connected with her right away, as we appreciated her calm enthusiasm and her spiritual energy. We also found her a good listener, attentive and caring about what we were looking for in our ceremony. This attention and care became even more evident when we read the ceremony she prepared for us in advance of the wedding, which contained a wonderful balance of respect for the traditions of marriage while also providing a touch very personal to our own story and relationship. As the day approached, Patrice was very supportive in accommodating a schedule change we requested in rehearsal time, which was a relief considering the hectic schedule we had that week. During the rehearsal, she was warm and welcoming (our families were very happy to meet her!) and gently offered some procedural suggestions that ended up being key to making our ceremony a beautiful success!

We loved our ceremony, and our guests did as well! Throughout our reception we received many, many compliments on what a special time people had during the ceremony (which was about 15 minutes long, which both Patrice and we agreed would be a good length). Example compliments we received were “we could really feel the love” and “it was such a meaningful ceremony that was sentimental and genuine without being corny.” We loved the calm energy with which Patrice directed our ceremony. Her experience was evident, her presence was calming, and she did a wonderful job at highlighting the love we feel toward one another and to our friends and family. Thank you so much, Patrice, for helping make our special day so wonderful!

The Bawazers

Sent on 10/06/2013

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

I loved Skyping with Allison & Lukmann, because they enchanted me with their sweetness and humor. They had guests from all over the world at their wedding at the historic Santa Barbara Courthouse Sunken Gardens. The day arrived bright and sunny, and the clock tower bells pealed during the pronouncement of their marriage. It was just magnificent, which this exotic couple both were!

Mary · Married on 07/27/2013

For any couple getting married in the Santa Barbara area who wants someone warm and elegant, yet fun and light to perform your ceremony, Patrice Handley (of Santa Barbara Classic Weddings - link below) is the perfect officiant. Whether your wedding is large or small, formal or informal, she will make your wedding day your own, unique and special. We were married overlooking the ocean at sunset at the Bacara Resort in Santa Barbara, and we were from out of town. I found Patrice Handley on the Internet because of her warm, kind face: www.santabarbaraclassicweddings.com. We met with her once a couple of months before our wedding, she asked a few easy questions like a "meet and greet", and from that she wrote the most AMAZING vows for us - she has poems, readings, etc. and will tailor your ceremony to what YOU want. She also came up with creative suggestions which helped us imagine our perfect ceremony. She makes you feel so relaxed: no stress, no pressure. If you want your ceremony to be religious, great. If you want it to be more 'spiritual' than religious, great. She wants you to have the wedding YOU want. Patrice is so easy to work with, it blew us away. She has a warm, caring way about her and a great sense of humor as well. Our wedding was absolutely magical thanks to Santa Barbara Classic Weddings. Everyone commented on how wonderful our ceremony was. A total treat, just for us, was a gorgeous printed booklet as a keepsake, with our ceremony in it. We will have this forever. I cannot say enough good things about Patrice Handley, and would recommend her to anyone. Five stars?? Patrice deserves 10!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Kristen · Married on 07/13/2013

Patrice is a wonderful wedding officiant! She made us feel extremely comfortable, relaxed and at-ease throughout our entire wedding ceremony. Patrice is a superb resource - she gave us great ideas for our ceremony and helped us with inspiration to create truly unique and personalized wedding vows. We also greatly appreciate the keepsake booklet she provided us, in which our ceremony readings and vows are memorialized in.

Patrice is extremely professional, friendly, reasonably-priced and delivers a service that is above and beyond what you pay for. We received several compliments from friends and family throughout our wedding reception regarding Patrice and how special and memorable she made our ceremony. We can't recommend Patrice enough!

Sent on 11/17/2013

Andrew · Married on 06/16/2013

From the moment that my wife and I first sat with Patrice, we were impressed by her genuine interest in getting to know us as a couple. Patrice skillfully interwove details of our relationship into the ceremony. There was nothing ‘cookie-cutter’ about our experience working with her. She added a feeling of intimacy to our ceremony far beyond what we were expecting of an officiant.

I am particularly grateful to Patrice because she encouraged me to write a short poem for my soon-to-be wife, which she then read at the ceremony. I also wrote the wedding vows for both my wife and I, personalizing them and throwing in an allusion to Dante. Looking back at my wedding day, I am glad that some of my own words were included in the ceremony. I have Patrice to thank for this.

Also, Patrice made another important contribution to our wedding day by suggesting the recently reborn El Encanto as a quaint venue for our wedding. El Encanto turned out to be the right place. As soon as my wife and I were up on the American Riviera, looking out over the stretched Pacific, we knew that the wedding had to be there.

The keepsake booklet that Patrice created for my wife and I is also adorable, and has become one of my dearest possessions. My wife and I were married in the summer of 2013, so this grateful review has been a little long in the making. Even almost three years on, though, the memory of Patrice as a helpful and thoughtful officiant stands out in my mind. Thank you, Patrice, for helping to craft our ceremony into a beautiful memory!

My wife and I would both heartily recommend Patrice Handley as a wedding officiant for those couples searching for a sweet presence to oversee their special day. I am sure that she will impress many more couples in the future, as she draws on the unique facets of a couple to limn the beauty of the bond that is being consecrated by marriage.

Sent on 03/10/2016

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Andrew & Sizhu were a delight for me! They had such interesting ideas for their marriage ceremony which helped me create something very unique for them...a ceremony that "rang true" to who they are. I will always remember how joyous and loving they were during their ceremony and I am deeply touched by their kind words for me. How amazing that they still remember me after all these years!

michelle · Married on 04/13/2013

Grazie mille
    I don’t think thank you is enough for how lovely you made everything come together! You set the tone for our day and truly allowed our personalities to shine through in the ceremony! Truly amazing - you’re so gifted, and we feel so blessed to have found you and for all the great memories you brought to our life! Thank you graciously for everything! Xoxo, Michelle & Roberto

Sent on 06/28/2013

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Michelle & Roberto married at a gorgeous estate overlooking Santa Barbara with friends from all over the world. The enthusiasm of his Italian family made it such a fun occasion. We had had a consultation where we decided that I would write a light-hearted ceremony, and the day of the wedding was just that: happy and light-hearted! I really loved the day and know they are going to have a wonderful marriage!

Cathy · Married on 03/01/2013

Our officiant Patrice was fabulous! We couldn't have asked for a more special, wonderful ceremony. Patrice is a lovely person and I highly recommend her to any bride!!

Sent on 03/05/2013

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

OMG! This couple and their guests were celebrating before everything began. Their laughter and joy brought the word happiness to a new level. They married on the beach at sunset, across from the Santa Barbara Inn...Cathy looked like a goddess and Michael swept her off her feet. So many hugs from all their loving guests after their ceremony; they loved the marriage poem about loving kindness in a marriage "...near ocean's mists and silver foam...within their bond they'll find a home..."
  • Z

Zandy · Married on 10/14/2012

Patrice was absolutely amazing. My husband and I are not religious and really had no idea where to start when planning our ceremony. Patrice took the time to get to know us and work with us to create a personalized ceremony. She was open and flexible to our ideas and offered excellent suggestions when we were stuck. Her delivery was confident yet completely unobtrusive. We couldn't have possibly asked for a better officiant! Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Alexandra and Mark celebrated old California traditions at the historic Biltmore Hotel across from the beach in Montecito. Their parents participated in the wedding ceremony with the most tender and sensitive readings...amidst the lush tropical greenery in a secluded garden. The setting was elegant beyond belief, but the best part was the atmosphere of fun and the happiness of everyone there...most especially Mark and Zandy.
  • Claire A.

Claire A. · Married on 09/27/2012

My husband and I celebrated our one of the happiest moment of our lives and that was so awesome with the helped of Patrice Handley, who officiated us. She so nice and friendly, She make sure what she know what we both like in the ceremony, she determined what kind of ceremony we wants.

Since we don't have any family member in our ceremony but seems like she was our mother together with her associate who photographed us.

My husband and I recommend Patrice Handley to be your officiant on your wedding if you want romantic and sweet ambiance.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Claire and Jeff decided on an intimate ceremony at the Santa Barbara Courthouse--by the "Marriage Tree." It's a special spot I know about where no fee is necessary and is a fabulous backdrop for photos. Because English is not Claire's first language, I tried really hard to write a ceremony that spoke to her heart. They were both so sweet and dedicated to one another...it was my pleasure to marry them.

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2012

Where do I begin? My husband and I chose to do a intimate ceremony in Pismo Beach and I found Patrice on Wedding Wire. I knew how important the officiant we chose would be - it makes or breaks your ceremony. We had a phone call with her and liked everything she said and made us feel very comfortable.

She created a personal ceremony for us that was beautiful. I could not have asked for something more perfect. I received lots of compliments on the ceremony but also about Patrice. My friends thought she knew us personally because the ceremony was so personal and heartfelt.

She was easy to work with, responsive, affordable and created a ceremony that we will look back on forever with so much happiness.

I highly recommend her! You will not regret it.

Sent on 10/05/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

This wedding is close to my heart because of the dedication to Jessica's boys that was demonstrated the whole time. As the vows were said, Jessica would look at her boys and wink. Being a mom of boys, I knew the love she was communicating. The fact that the boys absolutely adored their new step-father was very evident; his concern for their well-being was really clear. This marriage occurred on a bluff overlooking the Pacific; there was a certain grandeur to it, but nothing compared to the beauty of this bride and groom and their boys!

Stacy · Married on 07/14/2012

Patrice was a joy to work with. She made our ceremony very unique for us and it turned out great. I loved that she printed the entire ceremony into a book that we passed around for reading the vows, it looked very professional and classy, and i didn't have to worry about forgetting to bring the vows with me. We planned the whole wedding from out-of-state so we didn't meet til right before the wedding, but Patrice was helpful and walked us through everything. I would definately recommend her!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Stacy and Bill met and worked together at an East Coast wildlife refuge, so their choice of the Ty Warner Sea Center was perfect for them. They chose a wonderful poem about nature to be read...just when a flock of pelicans flew by! I LOVE that venue. Their vows were very sensitive and heartfelt...all their guests were very touched by them...a very adorable couple.

Jenni · Married on 06/16/2012

From one bride to another, look no further... Patrice is the dream officiant. She was one of the best memories of our wedding last month. Our nuptials were planned within two months and I wasn't confidant with any officiants online, until I contacted Patrice. From our first conversation she understood our vision, and worked with us for a very customized ceremony. On the big day, she was the ONLY thing I wasn't worried about. I would recommend Patrice to EVERYONE if I could. If we ever renew our vows, we will come to Patrice. An angel in the wedding world!!

Sent on 07/24/2012

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Jenni and Ryan...what can I say? You two were pure delight from the very first time we talked. Your originality in the details of your wedding was suprising and tender; but I suppose your artistic backgrounds will always lean toward amazing presentation. To marry you two in an outdoor bookstore in Ojai with your lovely friends from all walks of life was so memorable, yet my favorite part was the looks in your eyes as you said you vows. Your marriage is a blessing to our world!