Sanibel Day Spa Reviews

10 | Sanibel, FL

10 Reviews for Sanibel Day Spa

10 Sanibel Day Spa Reviews

Sheri · Married on 06/12/2012

We had facials and pedicures the day of the wedding, great experience, very professional and very clean,

• Tracy Wagner

Tracy · Married on 05/15/2010

I loved everyone at Sanibel Day Spa! Since we live in NJ, I did not even do a trial for my make up or hair, and they did an amazing job! Me & all of my bridesmaids have very thick hair and they did a great job, everyone looked beautiful! I thought their prices were very reasonable too! Everyone was friendly and professional~

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2008

The stylists listed to every girl individually and were able to please everyone in the bridal party with their hair, nails and makeup! They really knew what they were doing and how to make the hair style last in the humid weather of beachy Florida.

Allison · Married on 03/31/2007

I loved everyone there!!! I arrived a few days earlier so I went for a hair rehearsal --- The stylist did such an incredible job both that day and the day of my wedding --it was prettier than I ever expected. Also had a pre-wedding day with female friends. By the wedding day I had experienced just about everything - pedicure, facial, massage, reflexology and hair & makeup. They did an excellent job and my friends were also impressed. Reflexology was awesome. They were flexible with me when we got stuck in traffic coming over the bridge for wedding day hair and makeup for me and my maid of honor.

I took all my bridesmaids and my mother (8 of us total) to Sanibel Day Spa for our wedding updo's. They were able to accommodate 2 girls at a time, and the rest of us hung out in the waiting room. They let us bring in our own fruit and cheese tray and champagne, which made our wait time fly by! The staff was very professional and friendly. They even fixed my french manicure that accidentally got chipped! The bridesmaids hair looked beautiful and stayed up all night. Just make sure you are aware that they will charge you more if your hair is long and thick (One of my bridesmaids was surprised with that when it came time to pay!)

Cari · Married on 03/26/2016

I went to Sanibel Day Spa because so many of the other vendors make you pay extra for them to come to you. Since I didn't have any attendants, I wanted to keep the cost down and Sanibel Day Spa was recommended to me. I came in with a picture from a hair trial I had done in Chicago (I had a destination wedding), and the stylist seemed a bit nervous/confused as to how to do it. I had take pictures throughout my trial process, and she started it the same way, but it didn't look the same in the end. I was okay with that, as it still looked very pretty, but I was a little disappointed by a few minor things ... mostly, I felt that the part wasn't straight and you could see my scalp because of how things were parted to put my hair up, which I felt could have been avoided and looked much more professional. Nevertheless, my mom and sister-in-law loved it! :-)

Other reviews have indicated that they are inflexible with timing, but I found the opposite. When they called to confirm my appointment, they asked about my hair length and how think it is and what I was planning to do. They then recommended that I come a half hour earlier to ensure that we wouldn't be rushed. I didn't end up needing the extra time, but I was happier having it than being rushed for sure!!

The pricing was very reasonable as well.

Vanessa · Married on 06/13/2015

3.0

Had my hair & make up done here for my wedding. Make up artist did a great job. Hair stylist seemed rushed and although my hair was similar to what I wanted it was not worth the price at all.

Laura · Married on 01/19/2008

3.8
      3.5
      3.5
      3.0

Overall I think that they did a good job. I would recommend them if you are getting married on Sanibel or Captiva Island. The only thing that really made an impact on me was that they are not the friendlist. I guess they don't feel like they need to be since they get a lot of business from weddings on the island.

Hannah · Married on 05/31/2008

1.0

I have to give a totally mixed review to Sanibel Day Spa. First of all, they have really strict policies about time and scheduling, so if it's your wedding day and you need more than 30 mins to have your make-up done, too bad. They won't even let you schedule more time in advance!

So, they did an absolutely wonderful job on my hair, and a pretty darn good job on my attendants' hair. They weren't quite as good working with African American hair as with Caucasian hair, though. They did a nice job on our nails and were super cool about us having food in there, etc. They even did my 3-year-old flower girl's hair and nails--so cute!

But the make-up person was a disaster. She was so nervous about the time that she actually made me anxious and nervous for the first time that day! It was a very negative experience to have on your wedding day. She also didn't know what she was doing so finally my friend, an aesthetician, took the brush out of her hand and worked on my herself. I should have saved my money! However, they do have nice make-up choices.

Tara · Married on 06/01/2007

0.2
      1.0
      0.0

This place was a disaster. I booked a morning of pedicures for my bridesmaids and family - around $900 worth. The salon had a couple of incredibly rude workers. I have really never seen anything like it. It has been over a year and I still think about how terrible this wedding experience was. I initially thought I was so upset because it was "wedding week," but it has stuck with me for over a year now. The nail technicians were complaining about having to work that day, they were upset that we were 15 minutes late, they wouldn't change my nail color when it turned out a pukey pink color. We complained to the manager, and she barely apologized. This place was straight out of a bad movie. The only good thing about this place is they refunded the money for one person.