Sandusky Yacht Club Reviews

12 | Sandusky, OH

12 Reviews for Sandusky Yacht Club

• Kayte

Kayte McEndree · Married on 09/12/2020

Great price for an even greater place

This place is SO affordable, ESPECIALLY for the location. It's absolutely dream like. Greta has been wonderful so far. We are set for 09/12/20. I'm having apprx 200 guests and it's a perfect size. I hear the food is great too! Though I haven't tried it yet :P. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 09/12/2019

Sandusky Yacht Club's reply:

Thank you for the review, Kayte! We cannot wait to host your wedding next year!! We will be in touch to setup your menu tasting soon!

Mary · Married on 09/21/2019

Mrs. Mary Beth Piechocki

Beautiful venue! The event coordinator, Greta, was very easy to work with and was there with us every step of the way. We were married by the water which was a gorgeous backdrop. The food was excellent! Everyone said it was the best wedding food they have had. The price was very affordable too. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Sandusky Yacht Club's reply:

Thank you for leaving us a review! We take great pride in our food here & are so happy you & your guests enjoyed it! Congratulations & best wishes to you & John!
  • Amanda

Amanda Nugent · Married on 09/14/2019

Simply Amazing!

I was so stressed about finding a venue, until I found the Sandusky Yacht Club. I cannot say enough about how amazing my wedding was. Greta is incredible, and really goes out of her way to make sure everything is perfect. The entire staff is so friendly and really make you feel welcome. The food was great, and the venue is beyond beautiful and affordable. I am still getting compliments on just how beautiful my wedding was and how amazing the food was. Thank you so so much for making my wedding incredible!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Sandusky Yacht Club's reply:

Thank you for leaving a review, Amanda! You were such a stunning bride! You & your family were so much fun to work with!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect setting for our wedding reception

What an incredible day we had! Our guests raved about the delicious food— including a scrumptious vegan meal for a number of us. The service was impeccable— Dave, Greta and the rest of the staff were so wonderful through the entire process. And the VIEW. I mean, COME ON. The sunset was glorious!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Sandusky Yacht Club's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, Jenn! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you! So glad you had a chance to get these gorgeous sunset photos during your reception as well!

Emily · Married on 05/04/2019

Sandusky Yacht Club, the perfect venue

What can I say besides our experience was amazing. Greta and David were extremely helpful and quick to respond, even during late hours. They worked with us to accommodate some of our wishes and made the whole event feel effortless for us. I couldn't have been happier. The venue is gorgeous, the food was great and the hospitality was stupendous.

Sent on 09/27/2019

Sandusky Yacht Club's reply:

Thanks for leaving a review, Emily! We loved hosting your wedding- you two are such a wonderful couple! We wish you & Danny the best in your future together!!
    -Greta

Cindy · Married on 10/28/2017

The yacht club was very professional. The planner took care of every detail. I received many compliments from those there about the wonderful service they gave. The food was delicious.

Sent on 11/11/2017

Kristen · Married on 07/27/2013

I could not have been happier with the Sandusky Yacht Club! Penny, the banquet coordinator, was AMAZING to work with. She is a true professional and walked me through the planning process with ease. Their prices are extremely reasonable and the food is wonderful. My wedding reception was simply perfect and I could not have been more pleased with the yacht club as my venue choice!

Sent on 08/16/2013
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 05/05/2012

What a perfect place to have our wedding ceremony and reception!!!!!! Beautiful setting, helpful and knowledgeable staff, reasonable prices on great food, helped coordinate all of my vendors' efforts. I could not have asked for more!

Sent on 05/25/2012
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/21/2017

We held our reception here in October 2017. The location is amazing, and the views of Sandusky Bay and Cedar Point make a beautiful background for pictures. For the quality of food we had it was a very good value. They were undergoing a change of management during the time we were planning our reception but it in no way affecting our planning. Everyone was very professional and organized. The only issue we had was the decor. While I understand it's a yacht club, and would work perfectly for a nautical themed wedding, we has to do some camouflaging to cover things for our fall themed wedding. Overall I was extremely happy that we had our reception here. I can't recommend them strongly enough!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Sandusky Yacht Club's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review! I means to world to us that your wedding at SYC was everything you had hoped it would be!
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 07/28/2018

I had a great team behind us with the Yacht Club. Greta was amazing, people couldn't stop raving about the food, and the staff were absolutely professional! The only downfall is that there are no speakers to the back room, so people had a hard time hearing.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Camila · Married on 08/06/2016

The SYC was a beautiful venue for our wedding on August 6th. Their service definitely improved when they brought in Amanda as the new coordinator. She was so helpful and had a lot of great ideas to make our day awesome! The setting was gorgeous and the food was delicious. Everything ran very smoothly. We had a few hiccups (as all weddings do) but the club was willing to work with us and make it special. The value was the best part. We looked at far inferior venues that were three times the price. Overall I'm very happy we got married here!

Sent on 08/10/2016
  • Justin

Kayte McEndree · Married on 09/12/2020

Dream Water Wedding (Covid)

This venue was beyond perfect. They met every need we had. There were some very trying times as we tried to navigate through Covid together. We were always bouncing ideas off of each other on how to have a safe wedding. We were their first larger wedding since Covid hit and we were all on edge as we wanted to ensure we had a safe experience. It turned out PERFECT. Greta was super supportive and open with their comfort levels on ideas. She was always present during the wedding and after to ensure everything went off without a hitch. We were so lucky to have everything go off the way it did. This was the perfect venue for our needs.

Sent on 09/22/2020