Sandia Resort and Casino Reviews

4.7

• Natalia
    Natalia M. Married on 08/17/2019

Stunning grounds

There was no doubt in my mind that Sandia resort was going to be beautiful for our wedding. But the staff went above and beyond and our wedding was even more stunning than I expected- the staff did a fantastic job decorating, our pictures came out wonderful because the weather was amazing, Randy was so patient with me even when i was an overly concerned bride, and made sure i was comfortable. I really appreciated that i was able to slide into my dress in the bridal suite because we asked for early check in. That was a game changer and i am forever grateful for it. The food was phenomenal, we got the ribeye, Mediterranean chicken and quinoua stuffed peppers, and couldn’t have been happier. The service staff was flexible and ready to ho with dinner even an hour earlier than we expected which shifted everything up but noone noticed since the staff did an amazing job. Thank you to everyone at Sandia!
    Amanda Married on 09/01/2018
    Our entire wedding experience was so easy and stress free because of the excellent staff at Sandia. Stephanie, the wedding coordinator, is truly the BEST. Their responsiveness and ability to calm our nerves was above any expectation. The venue is incomparable with views and beauty. Our food was delicious and the staff was excellent. I hope we can use Sandia again in the future for another party!!!
  • Y
    Ysabel Married on 06/30/2018
    Ana and the team at Sandia Casino & Resort are fantastic! Ana discussed every detail with us with patience and understanding. Planning a wedding can be daunting but Ana always made everything better.

The views of the Sandia Mountains are amazing. We had looked at A LOT of other places in Albuquerque and didn't find another venue that came close to the view they have.

The team made us feel like family and were there to support us throughout the whole process. Never having planned a wedding before I had a lot of questions and Ana was there to answer every one and took the time to make sure we were happy. We live out of state but we were still able to work remotely with Ana on all the details. She was quick to respond to emails and my calls. I don't know how she does it and always with a positive attitude.

I would highly recommend Sandia Casino & Resort for your big day. Go and visit and ask for Ana Torres, you'll see what I mean. :)

David Married on 10/28/2017
    We spent nearly a month looking for the perfect venue for our Fall 2017 wedding. We visited over a dozen locations and researched many more online. We were very impressed with the photos and reviews for Sandia Resort & Casino and decided to check it out in person. We met with Ana (who is really amazing) and got a tour of the premises. We were actually surprised by how much we loved the place.

The views from here of the Sandia mountains are stunning. We loved the mountain-view terrace and the newly constructed archway/pergola for the ceremonies. The ballrooms are gorgeous and the smaller more intimate rooms (eagle, etc) are really nice with the windows to the outside. We got to see one of the ballrooms set up with the tables dressed for a wedding that weekend and it looked picture perfect. The options for color scheme and centerpieces were by far the best of all the places we checked out. The staff really takes care of the details. The hotel makes logistics extremely easy: they have shuttle services to/from the airport, you have use of a limo the weekend you get married, complimentary room for couple, and they even include a nice wedding cake with the package. The value gained for money spent is incredible.

We spent over a week going back and forth between our top three choices. We ultimately decided upon a different venue that was able to cater slightly better to our vision (more rustic/outdoor).

Definitely check out this venue and meet with a wedding coordinator here.
  • Melinda Schneider
    Melinda Married on 10/15/2016
    I met with Beth who was absolutely amazing, she showed us the inclusive pieces of the wedding and was not bothered to answer any of my questions. She followed up with me and took the initiative to save the date I am looking at just in case. She was receptive and insightful to my needs and very positive to work with. The venue is beautiful and have a lot of things that I appreciated being included (cake, champagne, bride and groom suite, etc.). She responded quickly to my requests, concerns and provided me information necessary to move forward with planning my wedding. She allowed room in her schedule to meet with me and then later that week to meet with my fiancé and myself again.
  • User2857017 2+ years ago
    Best day of my life. Ana is amazing!!!!
    Mindy Married on 09/04/2016
    We are so happy that we choose to use Sandia resort and casino for our wedding and reception. They were very professional and willing to accommodate our needs without any problems. Our wedding turned out beautiful and we had no worried for out entire day. Thanks for making our wedding so beautiful
  • Patricia
    Patricia Married on 02/28/2016
    I am so happy to have found my perfect venue! Beth was amazing to work with. She was able to customize a package in our tight budget that gave us EVERYTHING we wanted. She responded quickly and professionally, and made me feel very comfortable. We get amazing food, drinks, our wedding cake, a beautiful venue, and more. I could not be happier or more excited for our special day!
    Sheila Married on 05/24/2014
    Beth and her staff at Sandia were excellent. They took care of everything and even stepped in when our cake people fell short. Beth ensured that our reception was perfect by communicating with the DJ and everyone else involved. It is a gorgeous venue, we took some beautiful pictures outside. The ballrooms are spectacular and I would recommend them to anyone.
  • User1716200 2+ years ago
    I worked with Beth while planning my wedding here in May of this year. I really cannot say enough good things about her she was amazing! I planned the entire wedding from out of state so you can imagine how that was! Beth went above and beyond to help me get everything together! She set up mock tables and sent me pictures of different ways I could set everything up. She also met with us several times the week of the wedding to make sure we had everything we needed! It ended up raining on my wedding day so we were unable to use the patio like we really wanted, but that didn't matter because they still had a really nice inside area with great views that turned out really nice :) The staff that catered to us on the night of our wedding were amazing. From serving us at dinner to serving the cake, they did a GREAT job. So professional and courteous the entire time. Our wedding was a blast and all of our guests had so much fun! I highly recommend this venue and working with Beth!
    Thomas Married on 09/04/2013
    The cost of our wedding day was fairly hefty, but between the excellent service we received planning and organizing everything, and the fact that the wedding and the reception at Sandia went off without a hitch made it a real day to remember. Sandia catered our reception, setup a bar, all of the decorations and gave us a free room for our wedding night. The view was beautiful, the venue was beautiful and we couldn't be happier. Special thanks to Meghan for helping us through the whole process!
    Kimberley Married on 07/07/2012
    Our wedding turned out exactly as we wanted it and we are so happy to have chosen Sandia! The venue is beautiful and surrounded bu stunning scenery so the pictures turn out great. Our coordinator, Beth, was excellent and went above and beyond to make sure everything turned out as intended. The food and service was great as well.
    Kelli Married on 05/30/2009
    We worked with Genie and she was wonderful! She was always available to answer all of our questions and address our concerns. They provided us free transportation to and from the church for the wedding party and the family, which saved us a lot of money. The location is beautiful and made for beautiful pictures. One problem we encountered was that they would not allow us to take pictures on the golf course. Apparently if we had talked to someone at the golf course before the day we likely could have worked something out. So future couples be warned to ask about taking pictures on the golf course!
    Mary Married on 12/03/2011
    Was very happy everything was great & helpful.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa Married on 08/15/2009
    Genie at Sandia was great. We were able to get a small room for out 70 guest wedding that had doors opening to an outside patio area, which was wonderful because the weather and view of the mountains were spectacular! Genie made sure that all of the table centerrpieces were exactly how I wanted them, and they looked fantastic and were exactly what I wanted. The Sandia is a beautiful and amazing resort. All of our out of town guests LOVED it. The food was fabulous and we got praise from everyone, and there were no issues what-so-ever. Everything was on time and put together as we requested. My husband and I both feel that it was completely worth the money and that things couldn't have been better. The only thing I would add is that the wedding rate for guest rooms was pretty high, and they don't really give a significant discount. But, all of our guests who did stay at the Sandia said they loved it and that it was gorgeous.
  • Cara
    Cara Married on 10/19/2019

Overall, wedding was beautiful and fairly stress free

The grounds and venue are absolutely gorgeous and a lot of the details are taken care of (and included). This was perfect for me since I didn't want to spend a lot of time on things like dishes, but would be less ideal for someone who wants control of every detail. The food was very good, which is important as you have to use their catering. The staff working the event were professional and helpful and made sure I had everything I needed.
    Ericka Married on 04/24/2010
    My wedding at Sandia was very beautiful and met all of my expectations. I loved working with Genie because she made the planning easy and in addition she made sure all of my requests were done as we discussed. The price may seem expensive, but the level of service and quality of the items used are worth it. Everyone that attended the wedding raved about the reception venue.
    Sarah Married on 06/10/2006
    Both our ceremony & reception were at Sandia. THe ceremony was outside on their front lawn. They blocked traffic off for us which was nice. All 300 of our guests fit nicely. We took our pictures on the back lawns and they came out just beautifully. The mountains and the grass and the little rivers behind us are stunning. The ballrooms are nice and the food was good. They let us bring in our own desserts which was nice and we did stay there on our wedding night and room was very nice. The only complaint i have is that we got married there 4 months after they first opened and between the time we booked them and our wedding they went through 3 different coordinators and not only that but not once did they call to tell us that our contact person had changed. Also, we went back on our anniversary and they wouldn't even give us a little discount since we got married there. You would think that they could afford at least 10% off or a free room upgrade considering we spent over 20k there. Overall it was nice for the wedding though.
  • User1117198 2+ years ago
    First off - I loved this venue. Our guests loved this venue. The food was great. You can read all about the great stuff in other reviews - let me tell you about the bad stuff that happened.

We held our ceremony and reception in the same room. We planned the room ahead of time, and come the day of, the room was set up wrong. Make them change it if this happens to you. The gift table was next to the door & we let it slide. Bad idea.

When they say they'll take care of the gifts for you, DON'T BELIEVE THEM. They are YOUR responsibility, and you will find that out first hand when someone steals some of them, and the first thing they do is stutter and say they don't know what to do. They they start saying it's your fault, not theirs. It's a casino. Post a guard on your gift table. Have someone accompany your gifts up to your room with them. They will NOT take responsibility for anything, no matter how many thousands of dollars you spend with them. They won't even say they are sorry - they are too busy saying it's not their fault.

And by the way, your next month after that is spent in living hell while filing "informational claim reports" with Sandia and Police Reports with tribal police.

And then, when you get your decorations back after the wedding, which they have used some of for your wedding reception, along with some of their own, you will find that there are some missing, some broken, and they are not packed like you originally packed them. If they are fragile, don't expect them to be handled that way. It's not theirs, therefore it's not important I guess.

Previous problems we had - getting rooms for our guests was a horrendous pain! They promised us rooms, but forgot about a player's tournament - thus no rooms!

Overall, my experience has been exceedingly frustrating with Sandia. Although the location is beautiful, the rooms are nice, and the staff can be nice at times, the frustrations that I experienced I would not wish on anyone. Good luck.