Sandhill Crane Golf Club Reviews

Sandhill Crane Golf Club 3
Sandhill Crane Golf Club 4
Sandhill Crane Golf Club 5

Margaret Kopp · Married on 06/26/2019

A Perfect Wedding Day at Sandhill Crane Golf Club!

My son and now daughter in law had their wedding reception at Sandhill Crane Golf Club on 6/15/19 and we all couldn't be happier. Many thanks go to James who was the most professional, responsive and detail focused event planner throughout the planning process. On day of wedding James and all of the staff were just wonderful. Service was excellent, food was delicious, timing of everything was perfect! The ballroom at this venue is gorgeous ... the design, beautiful chandeliers, balcony overlooking the golf course... I can go on and on! All of our guests were so complimentary and impressed by the venue and everything about this beautiful wedding. My son and daughter in law said "it couldn't have been any more perfect"! I think that says it all. If you are looking for stress-free planning and a perfect wedding (or other event) you won't be disappointed with Sandhill Crane! I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Margaret,

Thank you for your kind words and review of our operation...we treat each event with the same attention to detail and high level of personalized service.

Thank you...

James
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect venue

We just had our wedding here this month. We couldn't have picked a better venue.

I'm going to start with service because they really went above and beyond. A month and a half before our wedding we got an email that we were getting a new coordinator, which made us a little nervous. The first time we met James Gelfand, however, our minds were immediately put at ease. He not only has decades of experience in the industry, but he's also incredibly easy to work with and open to all suggestions. He was diligent and made sure that every detail and request we had was addressed. Every aspect of our wedding ran so smoothly. Even when I got a call that morning from my mother in law that the cupcakes were delivered without tiers, I got a call one minute later that James fixed the problem, and I showed up to a beautiful last minute display he put together. I really had nothing to worry about the day of the wedding.

The entire staff was really on point. I was getting comments on how great the bartender was and I completely agree. All the drinks were great and she kept everyone happy. Our waiter kept delivering my drink to me even before I finished the previous one! The entire staff contributed to the flow of the evening, and it all went better than we could've hoped. No one had trouble getting food, drink, or any help.

As for the food, everyone was raving about the hors d'oeuvres! James even saved us a plate of them since we were busy taking pictures during cocktail hour. We had the tasting for the meal a couple months before and even though they asked what we could improve, everything was already great. Our two options were the chicken/prawn and short rib. Every part of the meal was delicious, and we actually plan on coming back after the wedding to try their restaurant The Dancing Crane which has the same chefs. The cupcakes we had, instead of a cake, were amazing, and they were definitely worth it even though we had the mix up with the tiers. With our included package, we got three different flavors (pumpkin, strawberry shortcake, and s'mores) and actually had leftovers for days even with friends and family asking for more.

The venue itself is gorgeous. There's a new country club where the venue is a beautiful octagonal high ceiling ballroom with modern light fixtures and tall glass doors that open to a wrap around balcony overlooking the golf course. As soon as we walked in, we were in love, and the all inclusive package and the value compared to other places just sealed the deal.

Lastly, I would like to mention that I've never taken the time to write such a long review about anything, but I would do it again because of how happy we were with Sandhill Crane and their entire staff. As a person who stresses over small details and didn't want a big wedding to begin with because I thought we had to spend a fortune for something truly amazing, this venue really went above and beyond our expectations. We couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Sandhill Crane Golf Club's reply:

Lindsey, words alone cannot express our gratitude for your kind comments regarding your wedding reception here at Sandhill Crane...We are most grateful, Thank you!
    James and the entire team.....

Cindy Grupp · Married on 01/19/2019

The venue was perfect for my daughters wedding.

We knew the first time we went to Sandhill Crane that it would be the site for our daughters wedding. We were lucky enough to have the ceremony at a new site at the venue which was perfect. All of our guests had a great time and enjoyed the food and level of service.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Sandhill Crane Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and for entrusting us with Ashley and Ryann’s special day! The day was truly perfect and we wish them both a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Ryann

Ryann Post · Married on 01/19/2019

Dream Wedding at The Sandhill Crane Golf Club - Thank you so much!!!

Without hesitation, we HIGHLY recommend The Sandhill Crane Golf Club to anyone looking to book a wedding or event in a beautiful setting, supported by an organized and well-managed staff. My now-wife, Ashley, and I chose The Sandhill Crane Golf Club as our wedding venue location after touring 15-20 other venue options in the Palm Beach County & surrounding areas.

What sold us on The Sandhill Crane Golf Club was a combination of several factors. Firstly, the clubhouse just underwent a full remodel/renovation and they final product is astounding. Grand, elegant, classy, upscale, immaculate, brand new and spacious are the best words I can use to describe. Secondly, when we went to tour The Sandhill Crane Golf Club, we felt comfortable & instantly connected with the Catering Manager who became our main POC, Ashley Rubano.
    Unlike several of the places that we toured, which many seem stuffy/snobby/lacking flexibility/take it or leave it type attitude, Ashley Rubano with Sandhill Crane CG was genuine, patient and willing to listen to WHAT WE WANTED. Thirdly, what we loved about The Sandhill Crane Golf Club was that they were very straightforward and fair. Many of the venues we considered prior to finding The Sandhill Crane Golf Club had “hidden fees” and “plus, plus, plus” on top of the cost per person price (which included only food and bar). At The Sandhill Crane Golf Club, the cost per person price covered nearly everything for the entire booking (valet, bartenders, set-up, linens, chairs, flatwear, etc. was all included).

As person who typically over-analyzes every little thing, my now-wife, Ashley, myself and her parents sat down and weighed pro’s and con’s and made a “big picture” decision on the best venue to move forward with. Of the 15-20 places we toured, The Sandhill Crane Golf Club took the cake by offering the best atmosphere, service, location and value. We wouldn’t have changed a thing.

Food was incredible! The beef and chicken entrée choices received great feedback from all our guests! The appetizers and hor d'oeuvres were stellar. Everything executed perfectly!
    Additionally, the SCGC staff went above and beyond by offering to shuttle the bride/groom and our photographers in a golf cart on the golf course for 20-30 minutes of beautiful natural landscape photos on our wedding day!

To The Sandhill Crane Catering Manager Ashley Rubano and all management/staff… On behalf of Ashley Post and myself, along with the Grupp/Post families and all guests that attended, thank you for helping make our wedding a night to remember.

SANDHILL CRANE GOLF CLUB, ASHLEY RUBANO AND ALL STAFF… WE LOVE YOU!!!

Sandhill Crane Golf Club 6
    Sandhill Crane Golf Club 7
    Sandhill Crane Golf Club 8
    Sandhill Crane Golf Club 9
    Sandhill Crane Golf Club 10
    Sent on 01/28/2019

Tammy Davis · Married on 07/28/2018

Everything expected and MORE

We could not have had a better experience! We approached Ashley and James (coordinator, General Manager) with only four months to pull together both the ceremony and reception for 150 people. They were very accommodating to our vision and offered many suggestions to help make our event the best day possible and work within our budget. Ashley helped us with all of our vendors and was an excellent day of coordinator, everything was handled so professionally, she was on top of everything so we were able to just enjoy the event! James ran a tight ship, every staff member was on their game and provided outstanding service, the food was amazing and the bartenders kept the crowds happy. The wedding was everything we expected and MORE!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Sandhill Crane Golf Club's reply:

Tammy, Thank you for your kind words...we are grateful that you had enough trust in us to host MacKenzie's wedding, our first in this location.
    Your family has become more than clients, we consider you friends and look forward to many more celebrations and dinners together.
    Thank you for all that you have done for us.......

Mackenzie Thompson · Married on 07/28/2018

Wedding July 2018

My wedding was the first one done at sandhill crane in July 2018 ! I have to say it blew my expectations out of the water, especially only having 4 months to plan . Everything was perfect . James Ashley & Justin and the rest of the staff went above an beyond to help me with anything I needed or I could call and they’d drop whatever they were doing to meet with me if I changed my mind . Everything was sooooo awesome , went smoothly the day of the wedding and if it didn’t I didn’t know because Ashley was on it and took care of every little detail ! I will recommend sandhill crane over an over again to anyone that asks . These people have become like family to us everytime we go back there for dinner / lunch . I appreciate everything this team did for us an continue to do . You won’t be disappointed booking your event here !

Sent on 12/07/2018

Sandhill Crane Golf Club's reply:

Thank you Mackenzie for your kind words...You, Matt and your families will always have a very special place in our hearts. You were our first wedding and we are grateful for the faith and trust you put in us.
    People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime..I am hoping that you and yours will be for a lifetime.