28 Reviews for Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Linens (1)
28 Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort Reviews

If you want a perfect fairy tale wedding come HERE!!
The setting is beautiful , service hands on and all will be handled with class, taste, patience and LOVE! Mary Catherine will start to become like FAMILY! She was amazing in every way . Now that it’s over - I miss her!! She took every call , allowed many many meeting with me over the past year to go over and over everything and gave superior advice from the heart. She also helped me stay on budget! It was done even better than we expected or could have dreamed for!
Having it on the resort all weekend allowed everyone to be together in one place for more than just the big day. Having the weeeknd together there makes lasting memories and deeper bonds with everyone FOREVER!! The property is beautiful and the stunning rooms on the resort are so comfortable - so all of your guests are happy and closeby too making the event weekend even more special and memorable!
I just got home from the wedding weekend and as the MOB should be exhausted - instead I am still on a high from it all! It was perfect ! I would do it all again TODAY and not change ONE THING!! Thank you Mary Catherine and to everyone there who worked so hard to make it the BEST DAY EVER!!

Profile Picture Melanie, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ask for Mary Catherine - she was excellent in helping us arrange and find the best place at the resort for our growing rehearsal dinner - food was excellent the night of the rehearsal and staff very attentive - we had it at the Bayside Ballroom and Terrace- we were very pleased with our evening - view was so pretty also!

Profile Picture Debbie, 4/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the most magical and special wedding at Sandestin. The wedding coordinator, Mary-Katherine Owen, is listerally the best and made our day relaxing, special, and truly the best day ever. We had our wedding 3/25/17 at Sandestin. We originally had planned for it to be outside, but with Florida weather, we had to change it to an inside venue for the ceremony with the reception still held at the beautiful Bayview Room and Terrace. Mary-Katherine Owen, truly saved the day and turned our last minute inside wedding, into the most beautiful and magical indoor/outdoor covered patio fairytale. The resort was the perfect place for our families and friends to spend the weekend hanging out at the beach, having a bonfire on the beach with s'mores and pizza, shopping, and even going out with out friends. We had people from all over the world, everywhere and all ages rom Louisiana all the way to England and Sweden, and all had a wonderful time. Mary-Katherine made our day and week relaxing, exciting, fun, magical, special, and even better than we ever thought our wedding would be. She went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. We used Sandestin for catering as well, and it was truly the best food our family and friends had ever had including the pasta station along with fajita station and fish and chips. Catering worked with us to make our menu personalized with items from my Louisiana culture and my husbands British culture. Not only was the resort beautiful, there were so many activities for everyone, and transportation provided within the resort for our guests without cars. We could not be happier with our choice for our special day.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Angela Gaff was very helpful and resourceful. She was easy to contact and follows up quickly. She showed us different venues on the property and made sure everything was perfect. I highly recommend Angela!

Profile Picture Janice, 9/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Event Rentals, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We had our wedding at the Burnt Pine Country Club Clubhouse. It was absolutely wonderful, the food was amazing!! I cannot thank Dayley, with Sandestin enough for helping us plan such a beautiful wedding and making sure everything ran perfectly and smoothly! She was so fun and easy to work with! Dayley was constantly answering my emails, as this was a destination wedding, and helping me with anything I needed. She assisted us the whole year ahead of the wedding, making sure it was the wedding of our dreams! I highly recommend having your reception at Burnt Pine or even Sandestin. It is such a wonderful venue as the guests can stay on property and with the luxury of Baytowne Village, the beach, etc there is so much to do for your guests! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/13/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was so helpful and always there to answer any questions we had. Highly recommend this resort if getting married in the Destin area. Bayview Terrace is a wonderful spot!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We can say Nothing but positive things about this venue. Surely it is pricey but it is Destin, Fl and then weddings are expensive nowadays! The venue itself is gorgeous... The view on the bay is amazing and if you want privacy at your wedding -- "Bayview Terrace" and "Bayview Banquet Room" is the way to go!! Our event manager, Dayley Gunnells was simply amazing!!! Very professional, prompt to respond on e-mails, and very helpful in assisting us in setting up everything up in the banquet room! We had thousands of questions in regards to food, drinks, room set up and she was patient with us the whole 3 months of the way up till the day of the wedding! We don't think everything would have gone nearly as smooth if not for all of her assistance! Also, our Banquet Captain, Ion - was very courteous and what an amazing guy at running the whole event so smoothly! Food and champagne toast was brought out at the right time and then the staff mysteriously disappeared. Same goes for champagne toast and cake cutting. All of you made our wedding a perfect day, so a big Thank You!!

Profile Picture User5187871, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dayley Gunnells was amazing! We enjoyed working with her and she had everything under control! WE would recommend her to anyone. Sandestin is lucky have her. Karen Hickman

Profile Picture Karen, 5/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

LOVED my wedding here! I would recommend any bride to check this place out if you want a beach wedding. We looked at several venues in the Destin area and the second we visited here, we knew this was it. There is such a wide variety of ceremony and reception locations within the resort. We had our ceremony and reception on the beach with the 'after-party' in the Skyroom of the Beach House restaurant. Dayley, the event manager, is amazing to work with. Unlike the event manager for Hilton Sandestin, Dayley was attentive and thorough with her initial tour with us. She also did not propose having our reception with 2 other couples' on the same patio (can you tell that I really did not like the Hilton at all??). The resort is so big that while we were there for tastings and such (was a destination wedding for us) we would have tons of other things to do. Even the night of the rehearsal we went over to Baytowne Wharf and had so much fun!

Our rehearsal dinner was at the Beach Club and afterwards we had a fire on the beach! It was a blast. The food both at the rehearsal dinner and the reception was just amazing. The chefs/cooks at Sandestin work magic I promise. Sandestin really is a great place to host your wedding. But make sure to check them out well in advance since the different locations book up fast. You will not regret it!

Profile Picture Chloe, 5/16/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Sandestin Resort – Bayview Room and Terrace on 5/10/14 and it was amazing! Our ceremony and cocktail hour were held on the terrace and our reception was in the Bayview room. We had approx. 70 guests. Everything was beautiful. The food was wonderful. Our guests had an amazing time. There is so much to do at the resort that it was a special vacation for us, our family and friends. This was a destination wedding so after visiting in 4/13 and booking the venue, we did not return until the week of the wedding. Dayley Gunnells was our Special Events Manager at Sandestin. She was extremely helpful through the entire planning process. She provided a preferred vendors list for DJ, flowers, etc. and we were extremely happy with all of our vendors. From group rates for our guests to exploring options for our next day brunch, Dayley helped with every detail in a timely manner. As a destination bride, I can attest that you will get all the help you need in the planning process. We can't wait to return to the Sandestin Resort. Thank you!

Profile Picture User3286545, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The special events manager, Dayley, was fabulous. The staff was helpful and efficient. The food was outstanding! From the very beginning of planning to the last guest getting on a shuttle, the event ran smoothly and effortlessly for the Wedding party. Everything had been thought of so nothing was last minute. It was an absolute pleasure! All of our guest were thrilled with their accommodations, the food, the room, and the help from all of the staff at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

Profile Picture User3789743, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony on the beach and reception at Finz. We utilized the entire building so our guests had space to spread out and roam around. The staff was amazing. They took such great care of us and our guests. The chefs were wonderful to work with in coming up with various menu options and the quality was superb. Our main contact Angela was a dream. We certainly felt like a guest and not just another client or function.

I am writing a separate review specifically for our wedding cake even though our venue location did the wedding cake for our reception. The reason is - it was an unorthodox type of cake choice and Sandestin came through with flying colors. We asked for a cake in the shape of a turtle. I'll admit, I was a bit hesitant but the pastry chef at Sandestin was incredible. Not only was the cake amazing to look at, it was delicious. I'm not much of a fan of wedding cake usually but this cake was amazing. Our guests and us couldn't get enough of it. I don't know if they cater out for wedding cakes but if you have your function at Sandestin do not be worried about them doing your wedding cake. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Lexy, 11/12/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter's wedding was held at the Bayview Terrace and afterward the reception was in the Bayview Room. The setting was beautiful for the wedding! We booked the venue site unseen, Barbara M suggested the Bayview and it could not have been a more beautiful site! Sandestin also provides the food & the wedding cake(s), all of our guest commented on how delicious the food was and the cake was out of this world! Since all of our guests were traveling 500+ miles (some 1800 miles!) it was important as the mother of the bride that our guest enjoyed themselves and they certainly did! Thank you so much Sandestin, we would not change anything about our wedding at all!

Profile Picture Kerri, 5/7/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Yascha Becker, the pastry chef at Sandestin, is a master! He made the yummy cupcakes in Caribbean flavors for our Welcome Party and amazing, fantastic wedding cake and petit fours for our wedding. All tasted as beautiful as they looked!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/11/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Yascha is the Pastry Chef at Sandestin Resort. His cakes are AMAZING. We sent him some photos of what we had in mind for the wedding cake and the groom's cake, and he created two beautiful, delicious cakes that were exactly what we wanted. All of our guests raved about our cakes. I would highly recommend Yascha.

Note: You do not have to have your wedding at Sandestin to have Yascha do your cake.

Profile Picture McGee, 10/4/04, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had our wedding at the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in September 2014. The resort property is beautiful. The beach is gorgeous. The rooms were lovely. The weather was great. The service was impeccable. We can't say enough about how professional and accommodating the staff was. All 5 events we had at the property over the weekend were incredible. Our resort event coordinator paid attention to every last detail, ensuring that everything went off without a hitch and exactly as planned. Thanks to her, our big day was absolutely perfect. She and the rest of the resort staff really went above and beyond the entire weekend.

All of guests (many of whom are very well traveled) kept telling us how impressed they were with the accommodations, level of service received, and activities (for adults and kids) available on property.

We couldn't have selected a better place to have our wedding! We will definitely be coming back to enjoy the property many times!!!

Profile Picture Taylor, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mary Katherine is amazing!!! She helped us walk through our vision of the wedding making suggestions and talking through different options. We had a lot of custom things we wanted for the wedding that were not necessarily on the menu of choices but she was so willing to help us realize our wedding vision, which meant a lot to us! It made us feel like our wedding was important and mattered.

We had the rehearsal dinner on the resort at the beach club of Sandestin as well and it was incredible! They not only set up the dinner inside with video for a photo slideshow but also had a raw bar cocktail hour, a bonfire on the beach (complete with s'mores makings), and even set up a tv area on the pool for us to have MarioKart.

Ken in A/V did an awesome job throughout the weekend accommodating all of our requests and making sure that audio and visuals worked seamless. Throughout the whole weekend everything went off without a hitch, which I really appreciate!

For the reception- just gorgeous. We held our ceremony outside on the Elation Lawn and reception on the grand lawn. With most of our guests staying on property it was so convenient for everyone to stay on site for all of our wedding events. It really created a fun atmosphere where everyone could walk to everything together and enjoy all of the amenities on the resort. The only thing to happen that was a bit disappointing was that just before our ceremony started someone on their balcony on the resort started blaring rap music. Between my coordinator and the wedding manager on the resort they got it shut off within 45 seconds, which is great but thus is the downside of getting married outside in a public place. You can't really control if you have random lookers on (which we did) or something like that happens. It's most definitely out of the resort's control and they did everything they could to stop it immediately. Overall- simply wonderful and we got SO many compliments on our venue!!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 11/4/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony on the Elation Lawn and the wedding reception on the Grand Lawn. The locations are beautiful and Dayley, the event coordinator, is very friendly, helpful and responsive. Also, our guests loved the food provided by the resort! Definitely recommend this location for a wedding!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/9/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wedding was amazing! Just a few disappointments with our wedding party condo reservations & alcohol served at the wedding. Other than those 2 things it was fabulous! I'll definitely be going back to stay for vacation. Love Sandestin resort!

Profile Picture User3460617, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
4.7

I used the Spa at Sandestin to do my bridal party hair, makeup, manicures, and pedicures. We took a visit here and fell in love with the calmness of the spa. They worked with our needs and were able to accommodate us on a Sunday even though they aren't open that day!! I was pleasantly pleased with this accommodation. We had a few last minute issues arise and they were able to accommodate us to the best of their ability and I really appreciate that. They only reason I did not give them a 5 is because they are a little pricy but that is to be expected in Destin at a spa and because I did not realize they would only bring in a total of 3 ladies to do all of my girls services which meant some of them were there way longer than we anticipated. BUT the services provided were amazing. The lady that did my hair was AWESOME and I didn't even have a picture to show her I just described a little of what I would like and she worked her magic. I was very pleased and would recommend them!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

We just had a recent wedding last month at the Sandestin Bayview Room & Terrace and couldn't have made a better choice!! We loved the venue & it was so convenient having the ceremony/reception in the same area, better for us for our guests! We stayed next door at the Bayside Bldg, very convenient since it was just a walk away from the venue! The Terrace was the best view a mix between still having that water view and also private! Mary-Katherine Owen was the best wedding manager we could've asked for! She took over helping me plan back in January & had great suggestions & calmed me down when times got stressful under certain circumstances! She was very organized, professional, great customer service, & tells it like it is, which we loved! Planning our wedding with her made things so much better and answered all my questions in a timely manner! She helped us out big time the day before for rehearsal and the day of the wedding! The resort did our catering from the cocktail hour to our reception dinner buffet which turned out amazing and all our guests loved all the food and of course our open bar, which was totally worth it! The uplighting and decor on the terrace and reception came from their A/V Team, thanks to Ken Mealor who helped me plan since the very beginning & took all my ideas into consideration and it turned out sooooo pretty & exactly what I envisioned! Also the Sandestin Spa did my makeup and it turned out wonderful, thanks to Mrs. Louise Lara & Jessica who actually did my make up, I highly recommend them! They were so nice and great customer service as well! So I highly recommend having your wedding at Sandestin Bayview Room & Terrace great for smaller intimate weddings if you are looking for that and you won't find a better person to plan with than Mary-Katherine Owen!

Profile Picture Cindy, 4/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

This venue was amazing! It was beautiful and well-organized. Yasha's cakes are the best. It will be the most amazing, phenomenal wedding cake that you will EVER eat. The technology department was very helpful and made all of my wedding audio-visual dreams come true. Barbara was a great coordinator and was prompt to respond to all of my phone calls and e-mails. The only thing that I didn't like about the venue was some of the wait staff, who were very slow and seldomly inquired if we needed anything, and some of the prices (alcohol and hidden fees). We were a little disappointed that the group rates weren't lower and a honeymoon room was not provided for the night (like seen at other resorts). However, Sandestin is by far the best "bang for your buck". If you choose Sandestin, you need to make sure that your bill is itemized and that you don't find any hidden fees. Overall, I would strongly recommend this place to a friend.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/10/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
3.7

Everything was beautiful, but very expensive.

Profile Picture Brooke, 7/19/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
3.5

We booked our wedding here because we wanted to be on the water but not necessarily have a wedding in the sand. It's a beautiful venue and we had a fantastic time. Dayley, the coordinator there, is very helpful. I didn't always get the quickest response from her but all in all she was very friendly and professional.
My less than 5 star review comes because of the waitstaff and food.
I won't go into specifics with food, but basic things that I would figure any home cook and especially a chef at a resort would know, were missing. The food lacked flavor and some tasted stale. The staff seemed to not know what their jobs were exactly. And, all of the before ceremony food and drinks for myself and my bridal party went to the groom and his guys. We got nothing in our room and when we asked for some, the service captain told us it had already been brought and we couldn't get more. His attitude was pretty offensive.
After the wedding, my mom and relatives cleaned up and took up all of our decorations. But the staff was supposed to put all of the covers back on the chairs (we had rented them from another company) and have them ready to be picked up. The staff disappeared. No captain, no crew. My mom and aunt had to re-cover and stack ALL of the chairs. This might not have upset me quite so much if the gratuity that we were forced to pay wasn't so ridiculously high. They figured they were getting their money either way and so doing the bare minimum of their job was all that was expected of them.
I am disappointed with the Captain and staff of this place and their professionalism. I would still recommend it but would encourage you to make it a point that you expect the highest level of service and accommodation from these people if you are going to have your wedding and reception there.

Profile Picture User3899132, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews