San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley Reviews

San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley 5
San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley 6
San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley 7
  • User6121908 ·

We were seeking much more than a DJ for our daughter's wedding. We wanted a professional MC who could keep the party moving throughout the evening. We wanted the perfect balance between a traditional romantic wedding that would end with a club feeling for the younger crowd full of their college friends. To that end, the music choices were perfect, beginning with classics like Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald, ending the night with EDM music and LED light sticks.

Gary was incredibly responsive and easy to work with. He helped us formulate many of our ideas through the planning stages and his extra services of providing the sound system for the ceremony and colored up lighting, which helped transform an already amazing venue.

Our primary reason for contacting Gary was having known of his professionalism and reputation in the San Diego broadcasting community. He understood our concerns about keeping it classy (and avoiding cheasey DJ antics) and stuck to his word. He showed up plenty early to have everything setup and have sound checks run for a flawless event. He even agreed to stay an extra hour because the guests were having so much fun. In the end, I think Gary enjoyed the event too.

There's nothing negative I can say. I can and have wholeheartedly recommended him to others and have personally used him since for other projects.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Dear Lynn,
    You are so kind. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Wonderful words from good people make me want to continue for years to come, especially from the Mother of the Bride. When someone is as appreciative as you, it's no longer work. Thank you for everything!
    God bless you and your family.
    Sincerely,
    Gary Kelley
  • Karley

Karley · Married on 03/29/2019

Gary seriously is a DJ wizard! He was able to accommodate every request and he is truly so amazing and so kind! We loved him!

Gary is phenomenal! Best DJ hands down!

Sent on 04/14/2019

Tracey Sorric · Married on 01/02/2019

Tracey's 50th birthday party

I hired Gary Kelley to DJ my 50th birthday party. We had a party of 150. Gary was so accommodating. He was very flexible with all of my requests. He is super friendly and all my guests loved him. He even took his own video so we could see the party from his perspective. What a great guy, I would hire him again in a minute!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Shelby · Married on 11/17/2018

Gary was fantastic!

Gary was fantastic!!! Very responsive to messages , easy to work with, did a wonderful job at our wedding. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/28/2018

San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley's reply:

Ahhhhhh, You're sweet. Thank you Shelby. Your wedding was special with many members of your family pitching in. From your Mom to your Aunt, all were working hard while smiling and enjoying every moment. For me as the DJ running the show, it could not have gone any better. God bless you and your family. Merry Christmas.

Logan · Married on 10/21/2018

Best DJ ever!

Gary is the best!
    First of all, he’s so friendly and personable. The planning process with him was so fun and easygoing. He gives you his full attention throughout the entire planning process and is detailed and thorough to ensure he gets it exactly right for the big day. Gary goes above and beyond simply being the DJ. He has fun and takes pride in what he does, and it shows in his work!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Charithea,
    When I read your note I stopped, took a breath, and took in the moment. Your kindness means so very much and affirms I'm doing something that brings joy. As a Professor, Teacher, DJ, Emcee, Radio and TV guy and Video Producer, I still get a thrill bringing out the Bride and Groom for their very special first dance. Yours was magical. I have some footage I shot as a gift for you and will get your way in the coming days. Thank you to you and Daniel for making me feel like family. It's the greatest gift of all.
    Merry Christmas.
  • Wedding

Wedding · Married on 10/12/2018

FlawlessI will copy/paste what I sent to Gary the day after my wedding. This guy was so very, very good. Blended our two First Dance songs beautiful

I will copy/paste what I sent to Gary the day after my wedding. This guy was so very, very good. Blended our two First Dance songs beautifully, fabulous wit and repartee and kept the dance floor full of energy all night. He even managed to do and then edit/produce a great compilation video from his phone of our event.. I was speechless!!! A reception can fall flat on its face with the wrong DJ, this position is the pulse of the event and he was Flawless!

Here’s my text to Gary the next day:
    DUDE!!!!! You KILLED it last night!!! The DJ is the rudder of the reception, if the DJ doesn’t navigate well, the whole course of the event is askew... you Captained the ship with skill and precision. Thank you so very very much. SPECTACULAR!!!! We are going to Yelp the heck outta you!!!!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley 13
    San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley 14

KL Grube · Married on 09/29/2018

The Absolute Best in The Business

Gary was the DJ for our daughter's wedding. This space does not have enough room or enough stars to give Gary the review he deserves! His professionalism, job knowledge, and customer service are unmatched and the absolute BEST in the business. Our event flowed flawlessly, the dance floor was busy all night, and the music selections were spot-on.
    I would recommend Gary to anyone and everyone !!

Sent on 12/18/2018

San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley's reply:

Ahhhhh, thank you Mr. Grube. You have such a wonderful family. I'm touched by your kindness and your words. Thank you and Merry Christmas!
  • Emma

Emma Jones · Married on 09/17/2018

Best DJ Ever- Highly Recommend!

Gary Kelley was the perfect DJ choice for us on our wedding day! We truly felt that he grasped what we wanted and played the perfect combination of current and classic hits. Everybody was up and dancing! I highly recommend him for any special event! Thanks again for making our night so perfect! 😊

Sent on 10/17/2018
    San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley 25
    San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley 26
  • Blythe

Blythe · Married on 06/09/2018

The most amazing DJ! Still raving about our memorable wedding.

Gary was the most kind, fun, and professional Dj I have ever had. We are still friends to this day and recommend him to all my girlfriends who are getting married. I had met with younger Djs but none of them seemed actually enthused and excited to be djing or got to know me and my husband and they were all overpriced and under experienced. Gary actually got to know us which is for me more personable and to know Gary has been a dj for over 20+ years and he had the experience, that could get everyone engaged (not falling asleep) and that is something I wanted. My sister who is an celebrity event producer in LA said amazing things about Gary DJ skills and our wedding. My wedding was a hit. Everyone could not stop dancing. My wedding was smooth and the transitions of music were flawless. Gary also worked within my budget since I was paying for my vendors but he sat down with me and let me know that he would work out the details with me and gave me advice when it came to stress. Not to mention my parents really liked him. He was just a cool guy, you know the ones that are the life of the party. It was such a relief. He played all of our jams that we picked out, the romantics ones, the 80s rock, the 90s throwbacks, the pop stars and even took it back to Frank Sinatra. He added in his flare and got the crowd moving and we danced all the way up until our departure. It is a day I will never forget and Gary is someone I would highly recommend Gary to anyone looking to have a memorable wedding! (my guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to kind of Fun)

Sent on 12/22/2018
    San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley 37
    San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley 38

Jason Gallagher · Married on 04/28/2018

Gary is Great!

He is experienced and professional, and will help with the flow of the wedding from start to finish. He is a legit pro and has done hundreds of weddings. You will be glad you picked him!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Holly · Married on 11/23/2017

From the moment we first sat down with Gary to discuss music for our wedding, my husband and I knew that Gary would offer what we were looking for in a DJ: professional quality service provided by a warm and engaging human being whose goal was to meet our unique, rather eclectic, needs. Gary listened carefully to our story and music preferences, which informed his understanding of what we had in mind for our intimate gathering. It was a collaborative musical journey, and he spared no effort in helping us along the way. On our wedding day - Thanksgiving! - Gary was a calm and reassuring presence. He intuited how best to keep the musical energy flowing seamlessly, attentively choosing songs from his and our playlists with the perfect mood or lyrics to suit the dynamics of the moment. His occasional, well-timed commentary unobtrusively guided guests - and us - over the course of the day. He even captured on video a brief snippet of guests dancing happily, while at the same time he "managed" my forceful mother with kindness and humor - no easy feat! And, by the way, he has a wonderfully sonorous voice! Gary's skills as a DJ and his generosity of spirit added much meaning, beauty, and fun to our wedding day, and for that, we are forever grateful.

Sent on 02/02/2018

Curt · Married on 10/14/2017

This past Saturday night was my 70th birthday party. We had the event in our backyard and invited about 50 people. My wife and I knew that we wanted a DJ. The age range of our guests was early 30's and up. We knew that the DJ had to be able to read the crowd and create a musical play-list that everyone would enjoy. Gary hit this one "out of the park"! The first hour, while everyone was enjoying dinner, he provided a wonderful mix of soft jazz and classic oldies. After dinner, I made an announcement that this was going to be a "dance party" and Gary got the crowd moving. Throughout the evening, he played a mix that everyone loved. I recommend Gary highly to be your DJ. Besides being a professional at his craft, he is one hell of a nice guy!!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2017

We could not have chosen a better wedding DJ than Gary! My husband and I are in the phase where all our friends are getting married and were hitting a wedding a month. Our wedding was the only one where everyone was on the dance floor (which was our goal!). Aside from his great playlist, Gary was very accommodating as well. Last minute, we discovered there was no outlet at the ceremony site for the amp and without skipping a beat or upcharging, he replaced it with a battery operated one. He also made us a cute video to send out to our guests as a wedding reminder AND a video of the wedding night.

Sent on 01/07/2018
    San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley 39

Katherine · Married on 04/30/2017

Gary was our DJ for our wedding last week, and we could not be happier with that choice. He was recommended by our photographer and coordinator, and he was a perfect match for our sensibilities. My goal was “elegant and fun” and Gary brought a very professional, broadcast emcee quality to the event without creating any sense of the event being stuffy or too formal.

He provided sound for the ceremony, as well as DJing the reception, and his music choices kept everyone moving all night. He easily mixed older stuff (Motown, Beatles) with more current music, so there truly was something for everyone. He has been doing this for a long time, and it shows in how comfortable he is in adapting his approach to fit the audience and event.

He also shot some video of the highlights with his iPhone to compile into a montage that he sent within a couple of days. It was so nice to have that so quickly to relieve the magic of the day! Also, my videographer had a couple of small technical glitches, and he was so generous to share the raw footage for her to fill in the gaps.

I can’t say enough about how great Gary was to work with!! I would happily recommend him for any event to add that professional but still entertaining touch!

Sent on 05/09/2017
  • W

William · Married on 01/22/2017

Book Him......Gary is very professional, funny, and he knows how to cater to a crowd.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 01/21/2017

Gary was recommended to us by my brother in law, and I am so happy to have him! I knew from the moment I spoke with him that he was the DJ for us. Professional, kind, and always responds immediately to any questions I have had. YOU WILL LOVE HIM!!!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Charlotte · Married on 01/21/2017

Gary was an outstanding DJ for my wedding in January. Very professional and helpful when picking certain songs for the different events through out the night. AND made sure everyone was out dancing and having a blast! The day before the wedding he called me and we went though all the songs for the ceremony and the reception, little things like that make a big difference. He was GREAT and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/14/2017

LAURA · Married on 12/03/2016

BOOK EARLY! YOU WILL WANT GARY AND NO ONE ELSE! INCREDIBLE! HE IS THE ONLY CHOICE!!!!!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Shannon · event on 10/30/2016

Gary was a great DJ! Professional, helpful...definitely would use again. The students loved him! He's so fun and has great lighting, etc. Music was so great all night!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Andy · Married on 09/17/2016

Gary was amazing! I was referred to Gary from a family friend, and after talking to Gary for the first time, I knew he was the right DJ for our wedding. Gary was very responsive in all communications leading up to the event, and even checked in with us the day before the wedding for any last minute changes. He was able to meet every request we had in ceremony music, and did a fantastic job at keeping everybody on schedule throughout the reception. Not only was Gary a great DJ, he was also a fantastic emcee! Thank you Gary for making our wedding memorable!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Lara · Married on 08/13/2016

Gary is a gem! He not only is a well versed DJ but his announcing skills are A++ - He was our DJ August 2016 at The Thursday Club and did an amazing job! I am a coordinator and my husband is a photographer, so we wouldn't trust just anyone - they had to be the best! Gary is accommodating, easy going, professional, smart, humble and just an all around terrific person. You will not be treated like just another customer but he will do everything he can to treat you like family!

Sent on 05/08/2017

LAUREN · Married on 08/12/2016

Gary is AMAZING! He was our wedding DJ at the Rancho Bernardo Inn August 2016. He did an amazing job for us, he was accommodating, professional, humble and a wonderful person who know's what he is doing. I needed someone I could afford on a tight budget, but would also do a good job and be someone I could trust, and Gary was both. He provided our music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and some reception lighting as well. The music at a wedding can make or break a mood, but Gary did an outstanding job with his music choices and knew exactly what to play for the crowd we had. He kept the atmosphere and flow moving through the ceremony and all night. I was worried about our music since we had so many different age groups but he found something for everyone and really livened the party. He has been a DJ for a long time, and it shows in his professionalism, his great sense of humor and DJ ability. There is nothing to worry about with Gary at the helm. Our night went off without a hitch and I was so happy in how smooth and wonderful everything went, he really put my worries at ease. Gary is definitely time and money well spent, and will help provide and wedding to remember.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Donna · Married on 08/12/2016

Gary was amazing from start to finish. He provided the mics and sound for the ceremony and everyone could hear - really made it a wonderful moment as everyone felt included. He was so flexible too as he set-up in 3 separate locations and all with a positive attitude. His focus on finding music that fits the bride, groom, family and guests is top notch. He knows how to keep the momentum going throughout the reception. We will book him again for future events!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Rick Lasalle · Married on 08/06/2016

Comfortable Approach to Planning

Gary is attentive to details and his approach to planning the event is smooth, comfortable and very relaxing.

Sent on 12/31/2018