Sampson's Hollow Reviews

132 Sampson's Hollow Reviews
  • Meredith

Meredith Budd · Married on 11/05/2018

Everything and more!

Sampson’s Hollow was the absolute perfect location for our intimate elopement. We booked the venue site unseen from Florida and their staff were the most helpful in planning our wedding and ensuring that we had the exact experience we were hoping for. Janice helped with all our wedding details— and seeing the flowers, boutonnière, and cake she coordinated/ordered for us- I was beyond thrilled with how perfect it all was! Lesley helped execute our wedding the day of- and she was absolutely fantastic! Everything ran super smoothly and I can not give enough praise for this venue and their staff.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Thank you so much Meredith. We love elopements! And you were such a joy to speak with and I’m so happy you were pleased with your choice of Sampson’s Hollow. I hope to use some of your photos in social media in the future if that’s ok. Please keep in touch and if you ever come back to the Smokies, let us know! Blessings to you and Daniel. Janice
  • Stat

Stat Wright · Married on 10/28/2018

Bride - Star Wright

Every aspect of Sampson’s Hollow was flawless! The venue was beautiful, the staff was accommodating, and our coordinator Krista was incredible! Thank you Sampson’s for making our day surpass all our dreams!

• Angelia

Angelia M Jones · Married on 10/22/2018

A dream come true!

Today is my ninth wedding anniversary, and as we look at our wedding photos tonight, I am reminded of how special Sampson's Hollow is to our story.

I waited 43 years to get married, and he was with the wait. Everything about that day was worth the wait. It rained the day before, but Idamae (our coordinator) made sure that didn't matter, and it didn't. Sarah's Glen was perfect as we entered it, and as the sun set and we said our vows, I knew I would never feel like that again, in such a place of calm beauty, filled with God's love and grace, with birds in the trees witnessing the beginning of my new life.

My whole world began 9 years ago at Sampson's Hollow. We shared cake and punch on the porch, laughed and enjoyed our guests, and I've never been more relaxed. What a special memory!

You won't be disappointed by Sampson's Hollow or Idamae, and I expect you will have memories that warm your heart for years to come, as I do. October 22, 2009, 6 PM was my time at Sampson's Hollow, but a piece of my heart will forever be there.

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Hi Angelia, You don't know how much it tickled me to see your review! Has it really been nine years? Thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet post. It was so good to hear from you! Thank you very much--I'll let Idamae know your said good things about her! Janice

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2018

Best venue ever!!!

We were SOO blown away by Sampson's Hollow and their amazing staff!!! The venue is breathtaking and they did everything to make our day magical and everything we wanted. Idamae Wooten was our coordinator and made sure everything was beautiful and flawless down to the last detail! We will be forever grateful to Sampson's Hollow for giving us our best day ever!!!

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Thank you Jessica for your very sweet review. I know that Idamae loved working with you very much. You had a beautiful day and I am loving all of the photos so far! Your photographer got some amazing shots! Janice
  • Courtney

Courtney Leitgeb · Married on 10/20/2018

Sampson’s Hollow - Our Dream Wedding

I cannot express enough how perfect everything was for our wedding at Sampson’s Hollow. The staff went above and beyond to make our day special. Idamae was our coordinator, and she really went the extra mile to make sure every detail was the way we envisioned it. She was always very responsive with the millions of questions and details I emailed her throughout the planning process & she was always happy to help us. The venue itself is absolutely stunning. From the moment we arrived we loved it, we knew there was no other place we needed to look - it was perfect. All of our guests were raving about how beautiful our wedding was, and Sampson’s Hollow played the biggest part in it. I highly reccomend Sampson’s Hollow - they made our dream wedding a reality.

Sampson's Hollow 1
    Sampson's Hollow 2
    Sampson's Hollow 3
  • JaclynG

Jaclyn · Married on 10/14/2018

Awesome venue

This venue was awesome for our October 2018 wedding. From meeting Lesley at the start to having Angie as our coordinator, everybody was professional, friendly, and genuinely invested in making our day great. The food was fabulous and tasty, the dj/band was great, flowers were superb, and the team felt like family. I am genuinely sad it's over, as I won't be talking to them all regularly anymore. If you want top-notch service, this is the place to go!

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Jaclyn thank you so much for taking the time out to leave us an awesome review. We are very grateful that you chose us as your wedding venue. Please share photos on FB when you get them back! Thank you again, Janice

Linda · Married on 10/13/2018

1st choice of venues so happy we got it.

My husband and I were married at Sampson’s Hollow a week and half ago. We booked the first venue we visited because it was our first choice and lived up to our expectations. Well as we progressed through to our wedding they took those expectations and blew them out of the water. From creating my vision to answering my questions (and there were lots) to all my changes including some last minute changes that couldn’t be helped they made everything perfect. Every member of their staff was amazing and wonderful. The views are stunning. Their various settings for weddings and photos all are perfect. I wish I could get married all over again to spend more time there. Oh and the cabin is so cute and comfortable.

Sampson's Hollow 4
    Sampson's Hollow 5
    Sampson's Hollow 6
    Sampson's Hollow 7
    Sampson's Hollow 8

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Linda, thank you so very much for leaving us a much appreciated review. as a business person yourself, I know you understand the importance of reviews to future consumers. We are so happy that you were pleased with our services. I know that Lesley truly enjoyed working for you. Please keep in touch and share your photos with us when you get them! Blessings to you both. Janice

Kim Brault · Married on 10/12/2018

Made our day wonderful!

Everything about our experience was excellent. We loved that it was essentially all-inclusive. Lesley (coordinator) was fabulous to work with. She coordinated everything, which left me free to just relax and enjoy the day. The food was superb. We loved the musicians, the pastor and the staff. There is not one thing that we would’ve changed.

Sampson's Hollow 9
    Sampson's Hollow 10
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 10/07/2018

Clean and elegant farm style perfection

This venue is worth every single penny. They offer a wedding planner (I had Lesley) and she goes through all the small details with you. The packages you can choose from truly help you focus on your day without worrying about things like catering. Their food is fabulous. Their location is fabulous. Their band is fabulous. Lesley was the first person out of probably 8 venues that I looked at, to actually ask me about my proposal and engagement. They make sure everything runs smoothly and perfectly. This place is breathtaking with the Mountain View’s and multiple locations on the property to get married. They also have a small cabin you can stay at after the wedding, which just makes life so much easier. I would give Sampson’s Hollow 12 out of 10 stars.

Mckinley Williams · Married on 09/22/2018

William's Wedding

If we could get married all over again, we would pick Sampson's Hollow every time! The customer service, the staff, and the communication is outstanding. If you are looking for a beautiful southern wedding with no stress this is your venue.

Sent on 10/28/2018
    Sampson's Hollow 11

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Thank you so, so much for taking time out of your life as a newlywed to leave us a review. I will share with our staff because they love to hear good feedback. I look forward to seeing more of your photos when you get a chance to share. Make sure and tag us on social media! Thank you again, Janice LIvingston/Owenr

Morgan Wol · Married on 09/15/2018

The most beautiful place to have your special day!

I loved working with Idamae! She took the time to walk through every step of planning our day. She was extremely helpful and practically did it all for me! The space is beautiful and you can’t find those mountains anywhere else. Definitely a great place for pictures and memories.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Morgan, Thank you from all of us for leaving such a sweet review. Idamae talked forever about your wedding She was so excited to see you get married. I know she worked very hard to make everything just as you wanted it to be. We are honored that you would choose Sampson's Hollow. Best of blessings to you both! Thank you again, Janice

Arianna Ellison · Married on 09/09/2018

Amazing venue!

This place was so beautiful for our wedding. And the staff was amazing! You get so much for you money! We added a wedding planner from their amazing staff (which I so recommend) she was amazing and stayed in touch with me through everything!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Thank you so much Arianna! Krista is awesome and she said you were amazing as well! So grateful that you chose us. As you've probably noticed, we have posted a few of your photos on Instagram and Facebook! I'll let her know you left a review and I'll be sending you a gift really soon. Thank you again, Janice

Sara Kirkland · Married on 08/11/2018

Perfect and flexible!

Sampson’s Hollow was an amazing place for our wedding! They had so many options to make things just the way we wanted. We ended up keeping things very simple, but it was so beautiful and all we provided was simple table centerpieces. Everyone at our wedding commented on how beautiful it was and the staff was incredible. All I had to do was think of an idea and boom, it was a reality! Krista was amazing and took great care of us to make sure that we had everything we needed!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Sarah, Thank you so much for leaving us a review! Future brides will trust the opinions of those who have used our property so much more then anything we could ever say in a promotion. Please share photos when you get a chance! Janice

Bailey · Married on 07/04/2018

Above and Beyond!

The entire evening of my wedding went more smoothly than I could have ever imagined due to the AMAZING staff at Sampson's Hollow. I booked the venue for the amazing views and location but left with so much more. The entire staff was working so hard during the entirety of the night. Most importantly, I would not have kept my sanity without my wonderful coordinator! She made sure every little detail was planned for me and really took so much stress out of the day. I was very pleased with everything and everyone, which made that special day so much better. I would highly recommend Sampson's Hollow to everyone!

Taylor · Married on 06/20/2018

I could have never imagined a fairytale like our wedding day. Lesley at Sampson’s Hollow made everything happen perfectly. I was a very young bride who wasn’t sure what she wanted, but our day ended up being a dream. Thank you, Lesley, and everyone at Sampson’s Hollow, for making our dreams come true. We love you.

Sampson's Hollow 12
    Sampson's Hollow 13

Taylor Stiriz · Married on 06/20/2018

Absolutely the Best.

I could not have had a better experience with my wedding at Sampson’s Hollow. The planning was phenomenal even though I was up in Ohio the whole time. Because it’s a family-run business, it’s so easy to connect with the wonderful people working at Sampson’s Hollow and really make your dreams come true. We chose to elope, inviting only our siblings, parents, and grandparents, and the Sampson’s Hollow staff made it so easy to adapt our needs for our smaller party. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn’t change a single thing. I want to thank everyone who i worked with a million times over; you all make dreams come true!!

Sampson's Hollow 14
    Sampson's Hollow 15

Tori · Married on 04/16/2018

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to the staff at Sampson’s Hollow! They all went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and having the best day possible ❤️ Lesley and Krista were the kindest and sweetest people who worked hard all day to make sure everyone was comfortable and having a good time. Throughout the whole process my fiancé and I felt like family rather than just another couple giving them business. From the beginning planning stages all the way till we said “I do” it was 100% stress free. We could not have asked for a more beautiful and stunning wedding day.

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Sampson's Hollow 16
    Sampson's Hollow 17
    Sampson's Hollow 18
    Sampson's Hollow 19

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Hi Tori, I'm a little late in responding, but thank you so much for your review of Sampson's Hollow. It means more then you know to have our brides share their positive feedback with others who are searching for an event venue. Keep in touch! Janice

Kayleigh · Married on 03/30/2018

My husband and I are from Florida. Planning an out of state wedding couldn't have been easier with the help of our coordinator Lesley. The staff at Sampson's Hollow were fantastic. Our wedding was more than we could've hoped for and the venue was absolutely beautiful. We would do it all over again if we could & we would recommend Sampson's Hollow without a doubt!

Sampson's Hollow 20
    Sampson's Hollow 21
    Sampson's Hollow 22
    Sampson's Hollow 23

Debbie · Married on 11/05/2017

Both of our daughters were married here in 2017, and chose completely different wedding packages. Our oldest daughter chose an elopement package in July, and our youngest daughter chose a complete wedding package in November. Both weddings were absolutely gorgeous, and the staff was excellent in making sure each bride was comfortable and pleased with every aspect of their special day. Outstanding staff and beautiful wedding venue! Highly recommended!

Jackie · Married on 10/22/2017

There is not a more beautiful or peaceful place! Many package options and such beautiful areas for photo ops. The staff is amazing! Our coordinator, Idamae, went above and beyond. She also cooked delicious food for reception, did the flowers, and made sure everything was perfect. They provided us with the best officiant, Mr. Keith Abernathy. Everyone had a blast! Wish we could do it again...kind of...lol

Sampson's Hollow 24
    Sampson's Hollow 31
    Sampson's Hollow 32
    Sampson's Hollow 33

Lindsay · Married on 10/08/2017

I chose Sampson's Hollow because of the beautiful location and the at-home feeling you get while on the property. I'm so glad I had my wedding here! The staff was so helpful and we collaborated to put together a beautiful wedding in just over 2 months. They are prepared to help several different aspects of wedding planning such as catering, the cake, and some decor. (My food and cake were ah-mazing!) The package I chose even provided a coordinator and all of this at a very reasonable price. Definitely recommend.

P.S- It rained on my wedding day, which no one wants BUT this venue has the most beautiful 'Plan B' option for rainy weddings and it turned out to be even better than I could have imagined. If you want an outdoor ceremony but are hesitant because of the possibility of bad weather this is a great option.

Allison · Married on 08/26/2017

Sampsons Hollow is a magical place to have a wedding! The owner, Janice is highly professional and runs an incredibly efficient business. Sampsons Hollow coordinated a stunning wedding in a wooded glen, with one heck of a party in the barn after!

Lesley was our wedding coordinator, and the day could not have went more seamlessly. She took so much of the stress out of the wedding day for me. Lesley literally had on her running shoes and was all over that venue making sure everything was perfect.

We also used Sampsons Hollow catering, and the food was incredible! My family is still talking about how good the food was, and how beautiful the wedding was!!! Would highly recommend!!

Tonya · Married on 08/01/2017

Absolutely beautiful and amazing setting for elegant and romantic wedding! Everything you need for your perfect day!! We Couldn't be any happier with how our day turned out!! Janice and staff are very accommodating and sincere to make sure your day is absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Thank you Tonya and Brett! Your ceremony was lovely and I look forward to seeing (and posting) photos from your wedding! Come back and visit and stay in our cabin for your anniversary. Best of blessings to you and your family. Janice

Tony · Married on 06/11/2017

I could never imagine a better place to have our joyous occasion celebrated!! The owners and staff are excellent, kind, and caring and do not miss any details. This venue has a lot to offer!