Sampson's Hollow Reviews

116 Reviews for Sampson's Hollow

116 Sampson's Hollow Reviews

Sara Kirkland · Married on 08/11/2018

Perfect and flexible!

Sampson’s Hollow was an amazing place for our wedding! They had so many options to make things just the way we wanted. We ended up keeping things very simple, but it was so beautiful and all we provided was simple table centerpieces. Everyone at our wedding commented on how beautiful it was and the staff was incredible. All I had to do was think of an idea and boom, it was a reality! Krista was amazing and took great care of us to make sure that we had everything we needed!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Sarah, Thank you so much for leaving us a review! Future brides will trust the opinions of those who have used our property so much more then anything we could ever say in a promotion. Please share photos when you get a chance! Janice

Taylor · Married on 06/20/2018

I could have never imagined a fairytale like our wedding day. Lesley at Sampson’s Hollow made everything happen perfectly. I was a very young bride who wasn’t sure what she wanted, but our day ended up being a dream. Thank you, Lesley, and everyone at Sampson’s Hollow, for making our dreams come true. We love you.

Sampson's Hollow 1
    Sampson's Hollow 2

Tori · Married on 04/16/2018

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to the staff at Sampson’s Hollow! They all went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and having the best day possible ❤️ Lesley and Krista were the kindest and sweetest people who worked hard all day to make sure everyone was comfortable and having a good time. Throughout the whole process my fiancé and I felt like family rather than just another couple giving them business. From the beginning planning stages all the way till we said “I do” it was 100% stress free. We could not have asked for a more beautiful and stunning wedding day.

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Sampson's Hollow 3
    Sampson's Hollow 4
    Sampson's Hollow 5
    Sampson's Hollow 6

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Hi Tori, I'm a little late in responding, but thank you so much for your review of Sampson's Hollow. It means more then you know to have our brides share their positive feedback with others who are searching for an event venue. Keep in touch! Janice

Kayleigh · Married on 03/30/2018

My husband and I are from Florida. Planning an out of state wedding couldn't have been easier with the help of our coordinator Lesley. The staff at Sampson's Hollow were fantastic. Our wedding was more than we could've hoped for and the venue was absolutely beautiful. We would do it all over again if we could & we would recommend Sampson's Hollow without a doubt!

Sampson's Hollow 7
    Sampson's Hollow 8
    Sampson's Hollow 9
    Sampson's Hollow 10

Debbie · Married on 11/05/2017

Both of our daughters were married here in 2017, and chose completely different wedding packages. Our oldest daughter chose an elopement package in July, and our youngest daughter chose a complete wedding package in November. Both weddings were absolutely gorgeous, and the staff was excellent in making sure each bride was comfortable and pleased with every aspect of their special day. Outstanding staff and beautiful wedding venue! Highly recommended!

Jackie · Married on 10/22/2017

There is not a more beautiful or peaceful place! Many package options and such beautiful areas for photo ops. The staff is amazing! Our coordinator, Idamae, went above and beyond. She also cooked delicious food for reception, did the flowers, and made sure everything was perfect. They provided us with the best officiant, Mr. Keith Abernathy. Everyone had a blast! Wish we could do it again...kind of...lol

Sampson's Hollow 11
    Sampson's Hollow 18
    Sampson's Hollow 19
    Sampson's Hollow 20

Lindsay · Married on 10/08/2017

I chose Sampson's Hollow because of the beautiful location and the at-home feeling you get while on the property. I'm so glad I had my wedding here! The staff was so helpful and we collaborated to put together a beautiful wedding in just over 2 months. They are prepared to help several different aspects of wedding planning such as catering, the cake, and some decor. (My food and cake were ah-mazing!) The package I chose even provided a coordinator and all of this at a very reasonable price. Definitely recommend.

P.S- It rained on my wedding day, which no one wants BUT this venue has the most beautiful 'Plan B' option for rainy weddings and it turned out to be even better than I could have imagined. If you want an outdoor ceremony but are hesitant because of the possibility of bad weather this is a great option.

Allison · Married on 08/26/2017

Sampsons Hollow is a magical place to have a wedding! The owner, Janice is highly professional and runs an incredibly efficient business. Sampsons Hollow coordinated a stunning wedding in a wooded glen, with one heck of a party in the barn after!

Lesley was our wedding coordinator, and the day could not have went more seamlessly. She took so much of the stress out of the wedding day for me. Lesley literally had on her running shoes and was all over that venue making sure everything was perfect.

We also used Sampsons Hollow catering, and the food was incredible! My family is still talking about how good the food was, and how beautiful the wedding was!!! Would highly recommend!!

Tonya · Married on 08/01/2017

Absolutely beautiful and amazing setting for elegant and romantic wedding! Everything you need for your perfect day!! We Couldn't be any happier with how our day turned out!! Janice and staff are very accommodating and sincere to make sure your day is absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Thank you Tonya and Brett! Your ceremony was lovely and I look forward to seeing (and posting) photos from your wedding! Come back and visit and stay in our cabin for your anniversary. Best of blessings to you and your family. Janice

Tony · Married on 06/11/2017

I could never imagine a better place to have our joyous occasion celebrated!! The owners and staff are excellent, kind, and caring and do not miss any details. This venue has a lot to offer!

Mitzi Miller · Married on 06/11/2017

For a stressless wedding, choose Sampson’s Hollow
    I had seen too many of my friends with stress and anxiety leading up to their wedding day. I wanted to enjoy the planning process and our wedding, and Sampson’s Hollow was the perfect choice. Janice, our coordinator Carole, and their staff treated us like family from day one. They took care of every detail, including the ceremony, reception, food, decorations, and clean up. Everyone working there is fun and easy to work with. My guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and how good the food tasted. I am still craving the wedding cake that Maggie made for us! They created a beautiful day that made all my little girl dreams come true!

Bob · Married on 06/11/2017

About a month ago our daughter was married at Sampson's Hollow. Being the father of only one daughter I wasn't sure what to expect except that I was suppose to give her away when and where I was told to do so. I have never participated in an event that went as smoothly as this one did. Everything and everyone was in it's/their place when it/they were suppose to be thanks to Carol's coordination. It seemed as if there was a cast of thousands attending to every detail. This included family adding personal touches that greatly enhanced the event. Pictures just can't do justice to the beauty of the venue. The food tasted like home cooking. The staff attended to every detail in an unobtrusive way. I'm sure if problems had occurred they would have been taken care of in a professional manner but thanks to their professionalism that wasn't necessary. I highly recommend anyone contemplating hosting an event to contact Janice Livingston at Sampson's Hollow to see what they have to offer. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Sampson's Hollow's reply:

Thank you Mr. Miller. We loved everything about Mitzi and Tony's event and it went as perfectly as any we have ever hosted. Carole is awesome and Idamae works hard to make sure the food is good and is plentiful. Bill and I are very grateful to you and your family for allowing us to be a part of this very precious love story. Blessings to you all. Janice

Jacob · Married on 06/04/2017

The venue is beautiful and all of the staff are so helpful! Perfect wedding venue any time of year.

Michelle · Married on 06/03/2017

I cannot say thank you enough to the wonderful people at Sampson's Hollow. I knew when Janice (one of the owners) and I first spoke on the phone that we'd made the right venue decision for my daughter Ally's wedding (June 3, 2017). Not only is the venue first rate in every way, but also the wedding planner Carole White was top notch. I don't think I (the MOB) could've survived the wedding planning process without her. We were doing everything sight unseen, from several states away, but Carole made even that less than ideal situation wonderful. She is amazing at what she does, and the sweetest, funniest person you'll ever meet. Love her! Sampson's Hollow was absolutely the perfect spot for the outdoor garden wedding of my daughter's dreams. And the quaint, lovely barn was so gorgeous for the reception. The staff is so helpful, and they do everything to accommodate you. For example, they provided a golf cart for the wedding photographer so she could take the bride and groom to many locations on the gorgeous grounds for wedding pics. All I can say is...thank you, Janice and Carole, for partnering with me to make my daughter's dreams come true. Much love! ❤

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 05/20/2017

Our wedding at Sampson’s Hollow in May was absolutely gorgeous. The venue itself was breathtaking and there were so many great spots for us to get amazing pictures! We only had about 50 guests, but Janice helped us create a wedding package that was perfect for us and included almost everything we needed for our wedding. The reception food and wedding cake included in our package was so delicious, and the decorations we’re spot on. Our package also included an amazing wedding coordinator. You don’t know how valuable a wedding coordinator is until you start planning for a wedding, and our wedding coordinator, Lesley, was incredible! She met with us multiple times before the wedding to go over every detail, and I honestly could not have done any of the wedding planning without Lesley! She definitely went way above and beyond to make our day unforgettable! I just cannot say enough good things about Lesley and Janice at Sampson’s Hollow! I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a beautiful rustic/country wedding with amazing staff who care about your special day!

Shelby · Married on 11/05/2016

I could not have picked a better dream venue. It was everything I could've dreamed of and more. Ida Mae and Janice went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of and also that I was calm and had everything on the biggest day of my life. It was an absolute perfect day and the most beautiful venue all thanks to Sampson's Hollow. There is no other place I could've imagined our wedding. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!! I'm so thankful for these 2 women who worked with us hand in hand to make our dreams come true (in such a short time span may I add). They are the best at what they do!!

Christie · Married on 10/29/2016

This place is perfect or any type of wedding, big or small. We decided to go ahead and get married while we were vacationing with family and planned everything in 2 weeks. Sampson's Hallow took care of everything from the flowers, minister, chairs, cake and gave referrals for photographers. It made things so simple and there was no stress. The venue is absolutely beautiful, with many different options for where to have the ceremony and take pictures. They drove us around on a golf cart while we took pictures, which was very nice. The barn is beautiful on the inside and on the porch. I'm so glad we got married here, it was everything we wanted and so perfect!

Jeannie · Married on 10/22/2016

First of all, if you want a venue where you can feel completely relaxed and stress free through your entire wedding planning process, then this is your venue! I knew I wanted to get married at Sampson's Hollow after the first time I visited there. Not only is the venue BEAUTIFUL, but the owner Janice and the rest of the staff are all so incredibly nice! The best part of it all? They can provide almost everything for you! The only major things I had to go out on my own to provide for the day was a DJ and a photographer. My package included the linens, cleanup, my cake, the catering, decorations, AND flowers! I can't say enough good things about this venue. We had the most perfect wedding day here, and I hope other people get to experience the greatness of Sampson's Hollow like we did!

Megan · Married on 10/09/2016

There are truly no words to describe how amazing our wedding was at Sampsons Hollow in October. I know I am a little late with the review, but as most of you know, life happens. My husband and I were married at Sampsons Hollow on October the 9th, and to say that the ceremony was breathtaking is an understatement. The reason we chose to have our wedding and reception at Sampsons Hollow was not only because it is what most would consider a one stop shop, but because the Sampsons Hollow staff care about the customers they serve. My husband and I were truly blessed to have such and awesome wedding planner ,Ida Mae. I promise, all I had to do was pull up my Pinterest board , and she made everything come to life. I did not have a worry in the world on my wedding day thanks to this sweet soul. Not only is Sampsons Hollow a beautiful venue, but they also have a lot to offer. They are more than willing to work with you and they are also very accommodating. My husband and I chose to have Sampsons Hollow cater our wedding and the food was to die for. I contemplated whether or not to have my own caterers, but honestly I am so glad I didn't, because the food couldn't have been better. Our wedding was perfect and it ran so so smoothly thanks to the amazing staff. I also really enjoyed the fact that since the wedding venue is on a farm, the Sampons Hollow staff will pick your guests up from the parking lot and take them to the ceremony location. They also provide cold bottled water. With that being said, there are many locations for the actual ceremony itself, and there are also a few back up locations in case of rain. My wedding day was everything I could have invisioned and then some. I wish that I could share my wedding photos with you all so that you could see how beautiful and perfect my wedding turned out. I know that my day couldn't have been as perfect as it was withought the help of the wonderful staff and family of Sampsons Hollow. I would highly recommend this venue!!!

Nicole · Married on 10/02/2016

Where do I begin?!?! Sampson's Hollow is truly the whole package. My husband and I were able to choose a package with this venue that would accommodate our number of guests(about 70-75). There were sooo many amazing perks to their package and being able to take care of most everything in one place made for a stress free experience. From the start, Lesley, our coordinator with Sampson's Hollow, made sure that everything was exactly as we had imagined. During every meeting, she was sure to cover all the bases and was a pro at thinking of all the details I had not even thought about. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for beautiful views of the Smoky Mountains and just an all around intimate feel for their wedding/reception as well a customizable package option. The reception dinner was delicious and we received so many compliments from our guests at how perfect everything was from the food to the staff and the venue all around. Sampson's Hollow, thank you so much for taking care of this girl that had NO clue about weddings as I'm not the typical gal that has been planning this since I was 5. I felt at ease through the ENTIRE process. My husband and I feel that our wedding night was about as perfect as it gets and really was who we are as a couple. Thanks again for an AMAZING experience!

Carly · Married on 07/04/2016

Working with Sampson's Hollow was a dream from beginning to end. The venue itself is entirely gorgeous, and the staff is awesome. We worked together for about a year planning everything, and there were a couple of hiccups along the line (like my cashiers check getting lost in the mail) and they handled it very well. I highly recommend them.

Carole was my planner and she was AWESOME. She made everything look completely gorgeous. I gave her the framework and she just ran with it. making everything more beautiful than I could have imagined. I'm a pretty big planner and it's hard for me to let go of the reigns, but Carole took them and I had full confidence in her. Please book your wedding with Sampson's Hollow and I know they will treat you right!

Keyla · Married on 06/15/2016

Our wedding at Sampsons Hollow was just perfect!! We couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. Our coordinator Idamae was great to work with and did an amazing job of setting everything up perfectly for us. Janice created bouquets for my bridesmaids and I and I couldn't believe how gorgeous they were! They also provided the food for our reception and it was delicious! Everyone commented on how good it was. Thank you to their wonderful team, and particularly our wedding coordinator Idamae and owner Janice for helping to make our day so special.

Beautiful country setting. Mountain panorama. Food delicious . Flowers gorgeous. Staff attentive.

Caitlin · Married on 05/15/2016

This wedding venue was amazing!!! There are not enough words I could put here that would even justify the satisfaction I had with this venue. They customized everything and were so flexible with me! They even let me know that the original wedding date I had wanted came available. We had a beautiful rustic wedding at Sampson's Hollow!