Sammy's Flowers Reviews

28 Reviews for Sammy's Flowers

1 User photo

Elise · Married on 08/31/2019

Beautiful work professionally done

Sammy's did an incredible job with my wedding - involving ~10 table runner garlands with greenery and white floral, five bouquets, and cake adornment. Sage was a pleasure to work with and had a fantastic eye for what would work given my color scheme, what was in season, and the aesthetic of our venue. I would absolutely recommend them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 05/27/2017

I waited until the last minute (1 week before my wedding) to order my flowers. Sammy's was AMAZING and did everything last minute for me. I wanted opened peonies and since it's early in the season, they were having trouble getting them to open. They called me to warn me that they weren't opening and then they went to the flower market the day of pickup to find exactly what I wanted. I couldn't be happier with Sammy's. They did everything they could to give me exactly what I wanted in only 1 week and they did not disappoint. Everyone should use them for all their floral needs!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Menghan · Married on 07/22/2016

Working with Sage for our wedding flowers was so easy and wonderful! Aside from an initial face-to-face meeting, we coordinated everything over email since we’re from out of town, and the flowers turned out beautifully! Sage gave a lot of options to help us stay in our budget and had a ton of amazing ideas, which was good for someone like me who didn’t have a clue what she wanted her flowers to look like. Sage coordinated set-up with our wedding site coordinator, so everything was already arranged by the time we got there! We strongly recommend Sammy’s Flowers!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Were able to accurately and seamlessly create a beautiful bridal bouquet on a strict budget, that also surpassed my expectations! Flexible with pick up time and worked with a last minute order... 1 week before the wedding day!! Will definitely be returning for flowers!! Eclectic and gorgeous selections. Very personable and knowledgeable staff!!

Sent on 12/17/2015
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 07/20/2013

Sammy's Flowers created my bridal bouquet, wrist corsages for the mothers of bride/groom, boutonnieres for groom and father of groom/bride and centerpieces for our 5 tables. The flowers were beautiful and delivered as expected. They worked within my budget and offered a wonderful consultation explaining the different flower options available. It was during that consultation that I realized that these flowers would be well worth the money since I had such experts/professionals taking care of things. I did not get quotes from or meet with other florists because this was the first place I went to and I was very happy with everything.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Rachel · Married on 07/15/2013

Great job! I loved my bouquet, and it was the best price i received after checking around. I will recommend them!

Sent on 10/11/2013
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/06/2013

Lauren over at Sammy's did an amazing job with our flowers! As soon as they dropped them off I couldn't stop looking at them. The colors were exactly what I wanted and they lasted all night long. I'm so grateful I went to Sammy's for my flowers!!!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Heather · Married on 05/15/2011

I worked with Jana at the Sammy's in the Pearl. A delight and easy to work with. The shop has a fabulous selection of less traditional wedding flowers, which I wanted. I just walked in, she and I picked out my flowers, and Jana worked her artistic magic. I was so pleased with the results. Gorgeous!

Sent on 06/09/2011

Cary · Married on 08/02/2009

My bouquet was exquisit. All the flowers were gorgeous, and the prices were resonable. Keep in the mind the more direction you give them, the closer they'll come to what you imagine. I gave them an invitation, a photo of a bouquet I liked, the ribbon I wanted to use, and some of the flowers I wanted. Everyone commented on how beautiful the flowers were. I was really happy with the service. I worked with Sage from the NW store. She was great!

Sent on 08/19/2009

Rachael · Married on 02/16/2008

My mother-in-law took care of most of the flower arrangements, but we went to Sammy's for the bouquets and boutonnieres. They knew what I wanted and arranged a few samples. We played around for a few minutes and had it figured out pretty quickly and easily. I had fun.

Sent on 11/16/2008

Rae · Married on 10/06/2017

My husband’s family and I really appreciated the services that Sammy’s Flowers offered. I made an appointment with them after looking at our venue and having a discussion with my in-laws about how much we were willing to spend. I am a pastor’s kid and a cantor, so I have attended and/or assisted in well over 1000 weddings. I know that the cost of flowers is one area that can easily be scaled back, but my in-laws definitely wanted SOME flowers and were willing to spend to get good arrangements.
    The folks I spoke with at Sammy’s Flowers were great! I brought in some pictures of what I was thinking and gave potential sizes for each, or a price range if requested. They were able to show me photos of some ideas they had and what they were thinking. I also took the liberty of bringing in some plastic additions (mainly berries in autumnal colors) to add to the two presentation bouquets that would be in the entrance, and they were able to work those into the final products wonderfully well.
    On the day of the wedding, Sammy’s Flowers delivered the necessary items to both my hotel room (so the bridesmaids and I could get what we needed) and the venue. I had made a list two weeks before the wedding and sent it to them so they know how many corsages and boutonnières went to which places, and they had no issues getting them to us on time! I felt the prices were a little high, and as a result did not get additional flowers for my bridesmaids like I would have wished, but everything else was stunningly pretty and well worth the investment! People loved the florals at our wedding and so did we!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Sabrina · Married on 07/23/2016

We went with Sammy's as my fiance had bought me beautiful bouquets from them in the past. And I'm SOO glad we did! Rhea was phenomenal, answering emails and meeting in person several times to talk about the concept and design. I could not have been more ecstatic when I saw the flowers -- they were BEAUTIFUL!! We will certainly be lifelong customers of Sammy's Flowers.

Sent on 07/28/2016

My wedding was in April of 2016 and I went with Sammy's because they were professional, flexible, and very helpful. Rhea was so wonderful! I am not a girly-girl and had no idea what I wanted for my bridal bouquet or bridesmaids. She helped me find some pictures of some things that I liked and then they did the rest. It was amazing! They also made very timely deliveries of the flowers to two different locations for me on the day of the wedding so I didn't have to worry about a thing. I was a little bummed that the bouquet only lasted about a week in a vase at home, but they were sure beautiful on the day of the event!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Stephanie · Married on 08/31/2008

We worked with Hank at Sammy's Flowers to create a look for our wedding. He was great to work with. My husband and I can be a bit challenging when trying to explain our ideas, since we are both design professionals we knew the exact look we wanted. Hank met with us multiple times to ensure that we got exactly what we wanted from the flowers and the end result was really wonderful!

Sent on 09/23/2008

Nancy · Married on 08/14/2015

One week before our wedding and we had yet to book a florist to put together our flowers! We actually seriously deliberated a major DIY project with flowers the day before our wedding. However, Sammy's Flowers in the Pearl District is right near my work and one of my coworkers recommended that I stop in to see if they might be available. Thankfully, I heeded that advice and met such wonderful people at Sammy's who did not even bat an eye when I told them my wedding was within a week!

We met with Shay the following Tuesday and brought in a few "inspiration" photos of the general look we wanted. She asked us what our budget was for every component and we were out the door within 15 minutes! That following Friday, they delivered all the bouquets, table centerpieces, and succulents for our cocktail tables right on time... and they were all gorgeous! The look was exactly what we wanted and were so pleased with the service that we plan on being loyal customers of Sammy's Flowers for many years to come.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Jackie · Married on 05/17/2014

We had a very low budget for flowers but Sammy's worked with us and was able to create the most beautiful centerpieces of hydrangeas and peonies for our day. We let our guests take them home and they lasted for almost a week afterwards!

Sent on 05/31/2014

Sammy's Flowers made my wedding bouquet and two floral arrangements (for the altar and guestbook tables). They did a marvelous job and delivered everything on time (Sunday morning for my midday wedding).

Most of the coordination was done remotely (via email). All I had to do was pick out flowers from an online photo gallery and they came up with a beautiful ensemble. My wedding was a winter one and the colors were season appropriate without being too festive. We wanted something subtle and charming, and that's what we got.

Sent on 01/25/2013

Tiffany · Married on 09/07/2012

We absolutely loved working with Sage from Sammy's. She was amazing to work with...so creative, responsive and professional. I absolutely loved ALL of our flowers for our wedding. I wanted to go with the simple, yet elegant theme and she made that happen with all of the flowers I was hoping to use and the color scheme I wanted. Looking back at our pictures, the flowers made the day. They were absolutely stunning. I will be using Sammy's in the future for everything. :)

Sent on 11/20/2012

Rahul · Married on 07/23/2011

We choose Sammy’s Flowers for our July 2011 wedding in Gaston, Oregon. We do not live in the area so had to pick all of our vendors sight unseen (other than pictures on the internet). Because our wedding was outdoors, we didn’t have a ton of flowers, but they did the reception table center pieces (10), bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres. I had found some pictures online and sent them to Sage. We worked via phone and email and she was a pleasure to work with. I gave her general color guidelines with some specific flowers that I wanted and the flowers all turned even more beautiful than I expected. We got many compliments from our guests. Sage delivered the flowers on time, had the flowers setup aside for the cake and set up all the centerpieces on the tables. The price was reasonable as well. The only reason I gave it less than 5 is that planning the wedding remotely I would have hoped for some quicker responses to emails. However, we did get married during the prime time in the NW and was always able to get my questions answered in a reasonable amount of time. We have no hesitation recommending them.

Sent on 11/12/2011

Melisa · Married on 08/23/2009

I worked with Sage and explained to her my vision of how I wanted everything to look, from my bouquet to the centerpieces. After our final meeting, I felt like everything wasn't going to be as I envisioned but I'd be happy because of Sammy's quality and professionalism.

When Sage handed me my bouquet, I was speechless. It was perfect. The centerpieces turned out much better than I had anticipated. All of the other flowers were beautiful as well. Even better, I was able to stay within my tight budget and still get everything I wanted.

Sent on 09/24/2009

Michelle · Married on 05/13/2017

We booked Sammy's Flowers for our wedding only about 2 months prior (so a bit on the late side) but they were still able to accommodate our needs. Sage, their wedding florist, is wonderful. Sammy's offers a wedding consultation to discuss floral needs prior to booking, and Sage was extremely receptive to my ideas and input. She's highly knowledgeable of what is in season at certain times of year, as well as what effect a colder/wetter winter (such as we had in 2016-2017) would have on what is blooming. She offered suggestions that fit my ideas, and I never got the sense that she/Sammy's was trying to "up-sell" or force anything on me that we did not want or have the budget for. She even found a two-toned (purple & white) calla lily for the guys' boutonnieres based on a photo that my husband had found.

We ordered 4 bouquets (bridal + bridesmaids), 8 boutonnieres for the groom/groomsmen/dads, 2 corsages for the mothers, and 2 altar pieces. Delivery was on time and the driver/delivery guy was professional & courteous. All pieces turned out gorgeous and coordinated well without being too "matchy." Everything lasted throughout the day - a solid 8.5 hours at least - with the altar pieces finally being tossed in the yard waste just yesterday (>2 weeks after the wedding!). Overall, this was a great deal for the artistry we received, and I'd recommend them to any Portland area brides looking for a unique & personal florist for their wedding.

Sent on 05/29/2017
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 06/18/2010

I worked with Lauren at the pearl district shop and she was great!
    I had a very vague idea of what i wanted, and she was very patient and helpful. She took my vague idea and turned it into beautiful arrangements!
    I asked her to surprise me with my bouquet and it turned out better than i could have imagined!

Sent on 07/19/2010

I planned my wedding from out of town, so all conversations with Sammy's flowers was done via email or phone. The venue I selected was an outdoor garden so, I only wanted simple centerpieces. Sammy's Flowers did a great job making the hydrangea centerpieces and bridal bouquet.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Lindsey · Married on 04/14/2009

3.5

Sammy’s flowers were great for my wedding. I only had bouquets and boutonnieres, so I can only speak to those. My bridal bouquet was beautiful and I was very happy with it. My bridesmaids had some beautiful pink hydrangeas that really looked great.

Sammy’s offered to do a “trial run” of the flowers the week before the wedding to make sure it was what I wanted. I really appreciated that special touch. I would definitely recommend Sammy’s!

Sent on 09/22/2010

Chelsea · Married on 06/21/2008

Sammy's Flowers were great to work with, and designed a unique arbor right on the spot for us that fit our style perfectly. On the day of the wedding the flowers were beautiful and really set the mood. Response time was a little slow when I needed to contact the shop or had questions, but the final product was worth everything (and much less expensive for the same quality as other major flower shops in Portland!).

Sent on 11/15/2008