Sam Hill Entertainment Reviews

Sam Hill Entertainment 3
Sam Hill Entertainment 4
Sam Hill Entertainment 5

Katie · Married on 10/04/2014

We contracted The Hipshack and they did not disappoint!

Sam Hill Entertainment made it so easy to work with them that it was one of our easiest vendors, and decisions!

We are forever thankful to The Hipshack for the wonderful entertainment they provided for our guests, it was such a blast!

Sent on 10/15/2014

We booked the band Hipshack for our wedding and we loved them! The people at Sam Hill as well as Jeremy (the band member I had correspondence with) were all a pleasure to work with. They made the process very easy and enjoyable. They played a great variety of music and they learned our first dance song for us - it (as well as everything else they played) was great. They really know how to read the room and play songs that will get people dancing. Everybody at our wedding loved them!

The one thing that I will say is: book early! - Our experience was that a lot of the bands book up really quickly

Sent on 09/30/2014

Sam Hill helped us find Empty Pocket - an absolutely amazing and fun band!!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Katy · Married on 09/13/2014

The Crystal Clear Band is amazing! We had so much fun with them. They kept the dance floor full and high energy the whole night. They were really engaging, coming out to dance and joke around with guests or bringing folks up on stage. They also were really accommodating and helped my husband give me one of the greatest gifts -- a serenade ;-) We couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 09/30/2014

My wife and I used Sam Hill Entertainment for our wedding band. They hooked us up with Six Stylez out of Greensboro, NC and we couldn't have been happier. The band was great and they kept the party bumping the whole time. I would highly recommend using Sam Hill as well as the band Six Stylez. Both were the perfect choice for us.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Carolyn · Married on 07/12/2014

We hired Soul Expressions as our wedding band and I think it was the best decision we made throughout the whole process! I cannot say enough about how amazing they were. We had a 200 person wedding and once we finished dinner, not a single person was in their chair. There actually wasn't enough room for everyone on the dance floor. Their energy was amazing and they did a great job reading the crowd to keep the party going. Selecting the band was one of the biggest decisions for us because the most important thing for us was for everyone to have a great time. It took a lot of looking into other bands to make the decision - and to be perfectly honest I was really skeptical because a lot of bands the same size charge an outrageous amount more than Soul Expressions so I was nervous that it was because they weren't as good but that is definitely not the case! My wedding guests were getting their business card at the end of the night and I'm pretty sure a few friends/children of our wedding guests have already hired them. We have had so many people, young and old, tell us our wedding was the most fun wedding they have ever been to and we have Soul Expressions to thank for that!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Erica · Married on 07/12/2014

Our band was the best part of our wedding!!! We booked Artificial Flavor through Sam Hill Entertainment/DePalma Productions and it was worth every cent. The entire night we did not get off the dance floor. At the end of the night, I was exhausted from how much fun I had. Luckily we had a huge dance floor because we were not the only ones who danced all night long- the entire floor was packed the entire time! Every single guest raved about our band and how great they were. Truly, EVERY SONG was incredible. The singers came out on the dance floor and we got to dance, and even SING, with them! I wish I could do my wedding day all over again because of how much fun I had due to the band. THANK YOU Artificial Flavor- I would highly recommend them to anyone and am hoping that we can see them at another wedding!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Sam Hill Entertainment is the best resource for finding the perfect wedding band for you. They will work with you on budget and send you band options that meet your style until you have found your wedding band. Our band was The Significant Others and they were, hands down, show stoppers! We received so many compliments from our guests about how good they were and how much fun everyone had. And of course, the groom and I loved them!!

Pre-wedding, they were easy to work with and were very timely with their responses to our questions. They were very professional and very accommodating.

During the reception, the band found us to touch base on the timeline. We were off timeline schedule by about 15-20 minutes, but the guys were completely cool about it and made everything work. They announced the toasts and first dances and kept everything moving along.

I think one of the best parts of the reception and the band is that at the end of the night, they KILLED the last song (Journey - Don't Stop Believing) and left EVERYONE there wanting more! I think even some of our guests started chanting "encore"!

We would most definitely recommend The Significant Others and have been spreading the word to all our friends and family who have been asking "How did you find them?" Sam Hill Entertainment is the way to go for you entertainment needs at any event. I can't wait to use them again in the future!

Sent on 07/26/2014

Ella · Married on 06/28/2014

I cannot say enough great things about our band, MO SOL and Sam Hill Entertainment!! We had a few bridal party members that had been to a wedding where they played and they came highly recommended! From the beginning our agent, Andy Jaspen, was on top of it. Responding to emails immediately, regardless of the day or time--including Friday or Saturday nights, and made it so easy to set everything up.
    A few weeks before the wedding Ms Monique sent us a questionnaire to find out what songs we were using for the first dance, father-daughter and mother-son dances, if there were any requested/special songs and to get the final timeline of our event. Breaks were taken at the perfect times, during cake cutting, garter/bouquet tosses, and they sang all of those special first dance songs live (John Legend to Rascal Flatts--and they nailed them)! The band members were interactive with the crowd just the right amount, and kept the hits coming one after another. We dreamed of having a wedding reception that was a big party, and MO SOL delivered. Everyone was dancing, not only our friends, but our parent's, their friends and coworkers, and even the grandparents were out on the dance floor breaking it down.

They were a little pricey-but worth every penny and more. Seriously, if you are interested in having the best reception ever, where everyone has a wonderful time--this is the band for you. Absolutely amazing.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Nancy · Married on 06/21/2014

Sam Hill was easy to work with. Narrowed our search for what we wanted for the wedding reception. And stayed within our budget. Communication was superior.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Caitlyn · Married on 06/21/2014

I worked with Sam Hill Entertainment to book my wedding band for my wedding at The Homestead in Hot Springs, VA in June 2014. Andy Jaspen (my contact at Sam Hill) helped me choose a band that he promised would keep everyone on the dance floor - and he delivered 110%! My band, Horizon, was phenomenal! They were incredibly easy to work with and they rocked the house! Not only did they keep our friends dancing all night long - but my parents friends as well. They were truly amazing and I can't say enough about how wonderful Andy and the rest of the staff at Sam Hill were to work with!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Candice · Married on 06/21/2014

We had Ten Spot through Sam Hill with two additional horns and they were amazing! High tempo, great energy, and allowed our guests to sing with them on stage. My husband and I highly recommend them for any wedding or live band occasion. The guys were very flexible as well, since our venue didn't provide them a schedule in advance. Professionals and played GREAT music all night!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 05/31/2014

We had a great experience with Sam Hill Entertainment, they provided us great insight to help us pick our wedding band, Walrus. From the beginning, they listened to our likes and dislikes and quickly sent us 6-8 bands that would fit our budget and music preferences. We had never heard our wedding band live when we booked them, so was slightly nervous, but as soon as they started playing, we knew we had made the right choice. Even cooler that we got to request that they learn a special song that was important to us, the whole night was perfect. Thanks Sam Hill & Walrus!

Sent on 08/05/2014

I cannot sing enough praise for Sam Hill Entertainment. We used them to book our band, 10 Spot, who were phenomenal. This was probably the easiest piece of wedding planning to coordinate due to the helpfulness, flexibility, and professionalism of Sam Hill/10 Spot. Our emails were quickly responded to and they accommodated many of our requests. The band was incredible! I never got off the dance floor and our guests had a wonderful time. They performed songs for all ages and everyone commented on how great they sounded. They even surprised my husband and me and learned our first dance song (something we didn't expect them to do). A pleasure to work with and I will highly recommend Sam Hill/10 Spot to any bride!

Sent on 06/10/2014
  • Maya

Maya · Married on 05/24/2014

Sam Hill Entertainment was wonderful to work with when selecting the band for our wedding. They provided a number of options based on the music we were looking for and the budget we were working with. In the end we selected Soul Expressions and have only great things to say about the band. Soul Expressions was fantastic and loved by guests of all ages. Many of our friends have since sent us notes raving about how the band would hop on the dance floor while playing their instrument or singing making it a truly interactive event. Wilbert of Soul Expressions was also a pleasure to work with as he was very responsive to all my e-mails and did an excellent job as MC. Of all the vendors in which I worked with for my wedding Sam Hill and Soul Expressions take the number one seed. I certainly would recommend Soul Expressions and Sam Hill Entertainment when searching for a band for any event!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Dorothy · Married on 05/17/2014

We had a wonderful experience with Sam Hill Entertainment. Beth was helpful and responsive. We used Mo Sol for my daughter's wedding and they were amazing! Sam Hill kept us on track and up to date. Fabulous band and great show!! We would definitely use them again for finding our entertainment.

Sent on 08/08/2014
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 05/11/2014

We booked Blue Tips Rhythm Review through Sam Hill and it was a great experience on all fronts.

First of all, the band: What can I say, these guys were named best wedding band by Washington City Paper in 2013 for a reason. Blue Tips Rhythm Revue was everything we thought they would be and more. My husband and I are big live music fans and had high expectations and the band totally blew us away. They MADE our wedding reception.

They learned and played our first dance song with ease and added their own flavor to that and every song they played. The band had a well crafted setlist and knew when to keep the music more low-key (while everyone was finishing their entrees) and when to crank up the energy to really get the party going. We received numerous compliments throughout the night from all of our guests. People were either dancing or watching them in awe - having THE BEST TIME EVER. We held our wedding reception at a live music venue and even the staff were blown away by how good the band was.

Sam Hill was a pleasure to work with. I'd definitely recommend booking through them, even if you don't book our band (which you should). They, and the band, were friendly, professional and I know if I ever have any type of event that requires music, I know who to reach out to.

Sent on 05/16/2014

Professional, timely, great recommendations - responsible for hooking us up with the Honeybirds, which were such a good fit! Great follow-through during the planning process as well. Thanks Sam Hill! You were top notch.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Nicole · Married on 05/10/2014

We booked The Crystal CLear Band through Sam Hill Entertainment. BethTreschitta was a pleasure to work with and we loved having The Crystal Clear Band play at our wedding! They know just when to play the right music for each part of the reception and got the crowd up and dancing. We highly recommend this band!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Erin · Married on 04/27/2014

We worked with Andy to find a band that met what we were looking for and was within out budget. We booked the Jangling Reinharts based on Andy's rave reviews. Sam Hill bands made the booking process easy and convenient. The band was also easy to work with and very accommodating of our requests. Our perspective was that honey play weddings all huge time, so ewe gave them a couple of our. Favorites and left the rest up to them. They are a wonderful generationally friendly band that has an impressive repertoire. Everyone raved about how wonderful the music was. My parents friends were the first ones out on the dance floor. Their dinner set was really appropriate, then they opened up the dance floor. Their last set got everyone up onto their feet. The guys were very professional. I would hire the again, without hesitation, for any big event and recommend them to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Lauren · Married on 04/26/2014

We selected Nocturne band based out of New York and went with the 11 piece version with the horns. We had searched in the DC area and just couldn't find a band that compared to Nocturne. We actually went to see the band at a holiday party in DC so we could see how their performance was in person. They are amazing! They sound as good in person, if not better than their demos. They bring such great energy and truly know how to keep a party going all night long. That is just what they did. The dance floor was packed until the very last song! Our guests raved and raved about them. The band lead, Matt, is a doll and was so responsive along the way, answering every question we had. They also worked with us to sing our first dance song and coordinate timing with our choreographed first dance. They are awesome and I wouldn't think twice about booking them again for an event.

Sent on 05/04/2014

Brooke · Married on 04/26/2014

Sam Hill Entertainment helped us find the perfect band for our wedding! They arranged for us to view multiple bands until we found the one that fit what we had in mind for our special day. Very responsive and helpful.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Jessica · Married on 03/29/2014

We hired The Bellevue Rhythmaires for our wedding ceremony. These guys were great! They were super responsive, professional, organized, and were even willing to learn new stuff at the last minute. They even walked with us (and played music) as we went parade style from the ceremony to the reception - in the pouring rain! We received many compliments about the music. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Steve · Married on 03/22/2014

We had this band at the reception of my first daughter's wedding. They were SO GOOD that we had them again for my second daughter's wedding. I can't say enough good about the band. Their music is fabulous and they are easy to work with. If you like to dance, this is the group to have!

Sent on 08/06/2014
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 03/01/2014

We used Sam Hill Entertainment to book the band Charlie. Our contact, Taylor, at Sam Hill was on top of any questions we had and reminding us what was due and when. Our band, Charlie, was amazing. They knew exactly what to play and learned our first dance song as well. People were up and dancing all evening.

Sent on 11/06/2014