Sam Hill Entertainment Reviews

Sam Hill Entertainment 3
Sam Hill Entertainment 4
Sam Hill Entertainment 5

Ashley · Married on 08/27/2016

Sam Hill was very easy to work with and took the stress out of hiring a band for our wedding. They were very responsive and clear in their communication. Our venue managers also commented on how easy Sam Hill was to work with. We had a wonderful experience and hope to work with them again in the future, particularly to hire The Bellevue Rhythmaires!!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Em · Married on 08/27/2016

Worth every penny and a million more... and when it comes to music, I'm a tough critic. As a former musician, finding the right band to play at my wedding was not unlike finding the right man to marry. I trawled through just about every band in the northern hemisphere before I found 'the one' and when I did, suffice it to say it was love at first sound. THE FREE are incredible. They surpassed all expectations. So versatile; so energetic; so insanely talented! They got every one of my guests on their feet and the compliments have since been overwhelming. I don't review typically, but from one Bride to another: trust me; THE FREE are the best of the very best.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Kimberly · Married on 08/13/2016

We booked our wedding band, Snackbar Jones, through Sam Hill Entertainment. Sam Hill was a pleasure to work with. They responded quickly and were very professional and organized. We would not hesitate to recommend Sam Hill Entertainment or Snackbar Jones.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Mary · Married on 08/06/2016

Sam Hill had a very organized website that made it easy to find the band we were looking for. Overall the pricing for all their acts were fair compared to other entertainment companies. It helped having an idea of what we were looking for in terms of size of band and general feel of their repertoire.

We chose the Significant Others for our wedding band and could not have been happier! They did a great job emceeing the reception and provided a PA/sound system for our outdoor reception as well. I gave them a hand full of songs we wanted them to play from their song list and they filled the rest of the night with various other songs they felt the crowd would enjoy. They allowed us to choose a single song at no additional cost for them to learn and I chose a song that I could play and sing and I was able to join them on stage and serenade my wife with them as the back up band. Everyone was punctual, professional and their enthusiasm for performing really made it a special night for us.

Sent on 08/20/2016

Jenny · Married on 07/30/2016

We used Sam Hill Entertainment to book our wedding band - the Blue Tips Rhythm Revue. They were fantastic to work with! And oh my goodness I have so much love for the Blue Tips Rhythm Revue! I cannot say enough about how awesome they are. Truly phenomenal. My husband and I knew from the get go that we wanted a Motown band for our wedding. We were excited when the team at Sam Hill helped us find the Blue Tips and they far exceeded our expectations at the wedding. They were extremely easy to work with throughout the planning process as well.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Katie · Married on 07/01/2016

We used Nocturne band for our wedding. To say they are excellent is an absolute understatement. They made our night the best night we have ever had. Each song was better than the last, and their interaction on the dance floor with our guests is something we will always remember. Our family and friends can't stop asking about Nocturne and how we managed to find such an awesome band. A family friend wanted to sing some Frank Sinatra while the band was on break. His USB didn't work, so the band offered to end their dinner early to play alongside him for 2 songs. It was unbelievable. We, along with our guests can't stop talking about how amazing they are. The music varied in genre, and they kept people dancing all night long. The band leader and all of his crew were so sweet and honestly, I would consider some of the best in the industry. While we continue to gush about the band, all of our guests are doing the same thing. Thank you so much to Sam Hill and Nocturne for making our wedding day so special to us and to all of our family and friends. Amazing!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2016

We worked with Andrew at Sam Hill to book The Jangling Reinharts for our wedding reception in Purcellville, VA at Tranquility Farm. They absolutely killed it at our reception and people are STILL raving about them! It truly made our evening so much fun, especially since my now husband and I are such music lovers. All of their songs were amazing (they learned one for our first dance and played all of our requests) and they had such a wide range! They wanted to keep playing, which was awesome and really got everyone going...I really don't think the dance floor was ever empty! I have already been referring them to other engaged couples and would look forward to booking them for any future event. They were extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. Communication and customer service is huge for me, and everyone on the staff and in the band were extremely responsive to any question I had and made my family and I feel extremely comfortable. Cannot say enough good things!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Meagan · Married on 06/10/2016

The band 100% made our reception! We only had about 90 people, but the dance floor was full for the entire four hours they played. We had guests coming up to us constantly throughout the night telling us how much they loved the band. They were extremely professional and made everything so easy for me leading up to and during the wedding day, which was a blessing as someone who was planning a long distance wedding without a coordinator/planner. They set up and broke down everything in a flash and brought all their own equipment, including lighting which was a nice touch that my venue was lacking. I am so happy with my decision to book the Blue Tips and could not be more impressed with everything they provided.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Alexandra · Married on 06/04/2016

We used Sam Hill to book our AMAZING band, DC Fusion. We worked with Mike Miglino and he was super helpful. We found DC Fusion online and then Mike gave us a nice list of other bands to look at to make sure we were making the right choice. DC Fusion was in the process of replacing their female vocalist when we booked them, which we were slightly nervous about. However, Mike told us that he knew the band well and assured us that they would only pick someone great. And he was totally right!!!

Really great experience all-around. We'd definitely use Sam Hill and DC Fusion again.

Sent on 06/10/2016

Rachel · Married on 05/29/2016

We booked our band, The Finns (fka Walrus) through Sam Hill. The band was fantastic! We got compliments on them all night and afterwards. They were so accommodating and a ton of fun. Sam hill was so great to book through, very easy to communicate with and setting everything up was a breeze. Would definitely recommend them for any band needs! They have a huge variety!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Catherine · Married on 05/28/2016

We hired Bent Mountain Trio for our welcome and The Jangling Reinharts for our reception. Andy Jaspen was our contact for Sam Hill and made our communication with the ands seem less, he was also extremely helpful with recommendations. Ben Mountain Trio was perfect for our welcome party. They played some
    Awesome Virginia blue grass and our guests lol Ed their authenticity. The Jangling Reinharts knocked it out of the park. Their YouTube videos do not do them justice! They are so fun and talented. Both bands were super easy to communicate with and very responsive. I would absolutely hire both again.

Sent on 06/05/2016

Samantha · Married on 05/21/2016

I decided to work with Sam Hill Entertainment after reading reviews on WeddingWire, and I couldn't be more pleased. We wanted bluegrass for the wedding and ended up booking Gallatin Canyon. The band's booking manager was efficient, professional, and incredibly flexible. As the wedding approached, I was provided the band's contact information and worked with them directly. A few songs we wanted them to play were not listed on their song catalog, but they totally delivered. We also didn't plan for them to play during the ceremony, but our original plans fell through and they stepped in like champs. The guys were super friendly and really talented. Everyone had a blast and I can't recommend them and Sam Hill Entertainment highly enough.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Jon · Married on 05/14/2016

From the day we started looking for a band, the folks at Sam Hill were very helpful and the entire process of having the band travel from Atlanta to Bald Head Island was seamless and easy. There was great communication and organization amongst everyone and not a single problem despite the fact that the band had to do all that travel and take a ferry over to the venue.

Overall we couldn’t have been more pleased with The Free and Sam Hill. The Free brought an already amazing wedding to another level and we were so happy that they were able to play such a great part in our fantastic day.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Christine · Married on 05/07/2016

This company was so easy and fun to work with while trying to determine the best band for my wedding. They know their bands and are happy to stear you in the right direction. We had the band In Full perform at our wedding on May 7th and they completely knocked it out of the park. Everyone was up dancing and singing the night away. Highly recommend both Sam Hill and the In Full band.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Kathryn · Married on 04/30/2016

Sam Hill was easy to work with and helped me to find the perfect bluegrass band for our reception, but this review is really for Gallatin Canyon, who we hired through Sam Hill. They were so easy to work with - even learned a new song for our first dance. They were flexible when it came to pretty much everything...parking, food, timeline for the evening. They even brought their own lighting. They were truly exactly what we wanted - a small bluegrass band who all of our guests could relate to and enjoy. We had a fabulous time dancing to their music, and my dad (a true music lover) loved getting to talk with the incredibly friendly band members during their set breaks. We're already looking into when we can go see them perform next!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Katie · Married on 04/23/2016

Working with Sam Hill (specifically Mike, Annie, and The New Royals) was a fantastic experience. The entire team was a pleasure to work with and very responsive throughout the planning process. We especially appreciated Annie's willingness to accommodate a very last minute song request and the band's offer to take only one break during the night. The New Royals' medleys and performance kept the energy extremely high all night resulting in several of our friends calling their performance the highlight of the overall reception. We feel very fortunate to have had them be a part of our big day!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Austin · Married on 03/19/2016

Andy with Sam Hill was very patient with my husband and I from the beginning (months and months before the wedding). When we finally decided to book THE DICKENS BAND, he was very organized, contacted us when we needed to make payments, and made sure we had all of our questions answered in preparation for the wedding. The band was amazing and our reception was basically a concert. Family and friends danced all night and they played a wide variety of music for all ages. Very responsive - answering emails from me in the days leading up regarding song requests, etc. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 04/18/2016

A Town A List was great. The large dance floor was filled from the start. Music and performance were great. The learned a special song for the couple's first dance, and nailed it. The band was fun and friendly. Inspired by them, we danced the night away.

Booking and business end was easy.

We just need to come up with another event so we can do it all over again!

Sent on 01/31/2016

Eleanor · Married on 10/24/2015

Book The Dickens for your wedding. Don't think about it; just do it. They were so, so good. We had them play our backyard wedding, and they were spectacular. Because we had limited time for them to play, they started by playing some slower dinner music, and at first we all thought it was recorded. THAT'S HOW GOOD THEY ARE. They then played two dancing sets for us, including a song that we asked them to learn, and they were so much fun! They played a variety of super fun music, got the guests involved, and were generally just wonderful with the crowd. But perhaps the most impressive part, to me, was when my eleven year old cousins wanted to play a guitar and drum piece that they had learned for us. Not only did The Dickens let them play on their stage- and use their drumset- but they were cheering them on with the rest of us! The band members clearly loved it, and the drummer even gave them his drumsticks! It was so incredibly special, and then right afterwards The Dickens got back up there and kept on rocking! They and their manager were also super flexible about it being a backyard wedding and having to get ready in the house, and were incredibly kind and polite to everyone. If you hire The Dickens, you will not be disappointed, so just DO IT!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/24/2015

We worked with Andy and booked Horizon. They were amazing!!!! Everything was seamless!!!! Our friends and family had so much fun. We didn't want to leave the dance floor. Sam Hill is awesome. You are in good hands with this team!!!! Thanks again Andy!!!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Bethany · Married on 10/18/2015

Thank you Sam Hill Entertainment for helping us find the perfect band for our wedding and connecting us with Affirmative Groove -- the BEST wedding band with the best value in the Northern VA area! They were absolutely phenomenal and our guests could not stop gushing about how fantastic the music and dancing was! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Katey · Married on 10/03/2015

We booked Horizon through Sam Hill Entertainment. Mike was our booking agent and made the process super easy. I gave him my budget and told him the type of band we were looking for. He was able to provide me with a list that covered our budget from the top to the bottom. In the end, we picked the MOST AMAZING band that we could have ever hoped for. Numerous guests since the wedding have said what an amazing time we had because our band kept the party going. Thank you Mike and thank you to Lawrence. Y'all rocked!

Sent on 10/16/2015

We booked E3 (formerly Everything, of "Who's Got the Hooch" fame) through Sam Hill and it was an excellent choice for our reception. We knew having a live band would make the event stand out for our guests, and they were a huge hit! My husband had attended a wedding 6 years ago where they played and when we saw that they were available in our area, and for a totally reasonable cost, we decided right away. The guys were super friendly and laid back, especially given the barn venue and the unique set up of the dance floor/staging area. They were such great sports throughout some pretty unpredictable weather, and we have heard from so many guests what a phenomenal part of our big celebration they were. Even my mom, who was worried they'd "play too loud with those big speakers" was really pleased with their ability to read the crowd and keep everything in perfect balance! Love these guys - and Sam Hill Entertainment was super easy to work with throughout.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Lori · Married on 10/02/2015

We booked the band Horizon through Sam Hill Entertainment. Horizon was amazing and definitely one of the highlights of the evening for our guests. If you want your guests to be up dancing the whole reception, I highly recommend you book them! Sam Hill Entertainment was very professional and easy to work with through the booking process and were quick to get my feedback about the event, which I appreciated.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Ali · Married on 09/19/2015

We hired the Blue Tips Rhythm Revue through Sam Hill they were fan-freaking-tastic. They played my brother-in-law's wedding five years prior and they were so loved that we had to get them for ours as well. The band was super friendly, professional, and kept everyone dancing the whole night. They even helped us out during the ceremony when our cellist didn't show up, which was above and beyond. If you're looking for a kick-ass (AND affordable) wedding band, look no further than the Blue Tips Rhythm Revue.

Sent on 11/25/2015