Salty Spruce Studio Reviews

Winston Salem, NC
Rating 5.0 out of 5, 8 Reviews
View more information

• User2793205 2+ years ago
    Melissa did our Fall engagement photos and they came out amazing !! The spot she picked was perfect and she made us feel so comfortable ! I was nervous to be in front of the camera but she did a wonderful job !! I can't stop looking at my photos ! I highly recommended her !!
    Robin Married on 09/16/2017
    My groom and I had our engagement and wedding photos taken by Melissa. She made us feel comfortable and like we were with an old friend taking photos. All of the images from our engagement shoot and our big day came out beautifully. I would highly recommend Melissa if you are looking for a photographer!
    Adrienne Married on 05/01/2017
    Melissa shot my headshots for my new business. She created an image that was exactly what I was looking for so I could add it to my website. Melissa is truly gifted with the camera. She is wonderful to work with. I got the images quickly too. I'm so happy with my headshot -- I've used it for everything. Thank you, Salty Spruce! I hope we can work together again!
    Kato Married on 10/01/2016
    Jared and I have known, Melissa, the owner and photographer of Blink Photography Inc since college. I knew then her talents were gifts and it was a pleasure following her work and growth of her business. She was my first choice as a photographer but because of the distance, I was hesitant to reach out to her when we became engaged, assuming she would not be willing to travel. Oh, I was wrong and glad of it! From the Outer Banks to the Appalachians, she traveled from Colorado twice to 2 separate locations in North Carolina to capture our engagement session and wedding day. Jared and I are NOT natural models but she definitely made us feel relaxed during our engagement session which made us all the more comfortable and natural the day of the wedding. For the wedding, she collaborated with her husband, Joseph. The morning of the wedding Joseph’s detail was shooting the groom and groomsmen while Melissa was with the bridesmaids and myself. Jared and I loved working with them separately and then thoroughly enjoyed coming together for the capturing of our first look and through the rest of our big day. Paying for their services was well worth it. We would not have been more pleased working with any other photographers and the photos turned out beautifully. My only regret was not hiring them to capture our entire wedding weekend and rehearsal. We will definitely stay in touch and reach out to her in capturing all our lives’ important milestones.
    Marisa Married on 09/23/2015
    I can't thank Melissa enough for her talented and thoughtful services as an artist. She was sweet and accommodating the entire day (even when things ran a little late!) She came prepared with a well thought out plan of how to capture the best moments of our time together but was also super easy going and able to go with the flow of the silliness of our event.

But the best part of course is the pictures! They literally make me tingle when I look at them, the kind of feeling you always hoped you would get from these very special types of photographs. I know at least to my Mr and I that they will be treasured as a reminder of something colorful and full of love.

Vanity, on a much lighter note, makes me throw in that I personally find myself to be horribly unphotogenic, yet Melissa apparently knew what to do because I truly feel confident when I look at these photos. She was very prompt about her processing time, and I felt like it was because she knew how excited we were to see them and shared that excitement with us. They are absolutely beautiful, little works of art about our love and the mountains we call home and I can't wait to hang them up and get to view them each day and be reminded.

Go for it, I think she knows what she's doing! ;)
    Leslie Married on 07/11/2015
    I really loved the candid shots of guests at the reception and look forward to sharing those in the thank you cards! Melissa has a very artistic eye.
  • User2276305 2+ years ago
    Hiring Blink Photography to shoot our wedding was one of the best decisions we could have made! I was impressed with how professional yet easy-going Melissa was. She was attentive, fun and worked hard to make sure all of the images we wanted were captured. I would recommend her to anyone!
    Erica Event on: 03/13/2015
    Melissa photographed my engagement/proposal and the pictures are absolutely beautiful! It was a complete surprise (as in my fiancé set everything up) and she even went out in the cold snowy weather to capture our magical moment! She is very professional, easy to talk to, and you can tell she is passionate about her work! I really enjoyed getting to know her and seeing her other images from photo shoots she has done! I had so many compliments on our pictures! I would definitely recommend her to others. She also sent me our pictures much sooner than I expected!