Salt Cake City Reviews

45 | South Jordan, UT

45 Reviews for Salt Cake City

Kelly · Married on 10/18/2014

Jennifer is a wizard with sugar and cake—she will exceed all of your expectations!! She pulled off not only a wild and crazy show stopper for our pre wedding BBQ but then worked with my mother in law to create a custom special wedding cake as a surprise for us the night of the wedding. The tone and style of these two cakes could not have been more different, but Jennifer was able to draw subtle lines of symmetry to the two cakes that we will forever cherish!
    For our pre wedding BBQ, I wanted something bright, bold and playfully wild to welcome our guests and serve as a centerpiece for our welcome event. I didn’t quite know what I wanted, but I shared pictures, colors and a range of ideas with Jennifer and she was able to sketch out this dream cake! It was anything but conventional. We had varying shapes and colors on each tier, with a stunning set of cascading flowers running up and down the cake—there was a hidden ninja for my husband and total perfection in the execution. We had four varieties of cake that we served and we were lucky to end up with a small sample of each at the end of the night even though we over ordered—the cake was simply that DELICIOUS! I was so amazed by Jennifer’s ability to bring my vision to life in this once in a life time willy wonka piece!

We were planning to skip the wedding cake (instead opting for the BBQ cake above). My mother in law wanted to do something special for us and honor the travels that my husband and I have enjoyed, so she called Jennifer after I raved about the ease of our working sessions and her creativity. Jennifer then created a perfect white cake with three tiers showcasing both scenes from our travels in white piping (the Eiffel Tower, a favorite hike in Sri Lanka, torri gates from Japan, etc) and topped the cake off with a sweet bride and groom made to look like me and Paul. This was perfectly bridal with subtle texture and a peaceful sense to it, I was blown away.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Dana · Married on 09/13/2014

Jennifer was absolutely amazing!!! Both the wedding cake and groom's cake were just perfect and even better than I envisioned. Our guest were raving over the design and the taste of the cakes. Just great!!!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Chantelle · Married on 06/28/2014

Holy cow Jennifer is AWESOME!! Her prices are fantastic, you get an absolutely beautifully decorated cake and tons of it!! We had a rustic theme for our wedding and she helped us design a whole cake display. Center three tier cake that looked like an aspen tree and four surrounding buttercream cakes with burlap and lace. She is so creative and when I saw the cake table at my wedding I couldn't believe how amazing it looked and tasted!! I 150% recommend Salt Cake City.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Nichole · Married on 06/18/2014

Jennifer is absolutely amazing. She was quick to respond and created the most beautiful cake for our wedding. She even knew another person to deign Ninja Turtle Cake Pops for our son and delivered them with our cake. The cake was red velvet with fondant and was absolutely delicious. I will only work with Jennifer she is a baking genius and is amazing to work with. She is incredibly personable and accommodating, she makes you feel like you're working with your best friend! Definitely would recommend her for any occasion!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Loved my wedding cake! It absolutely looked so amazing and tasted as good as it looked! Jennifer worked so well with me and was always so responsive to my calls. I kept changing the look of my cake probably every 2 months and did so well with working with my indecisiveness. The cake looked EXACTLY like the picture I gave her. And the flavors were delicious! Wish she was in North Carolina so I could recommend her to my friends out here :)

Sent on 11/13/2013
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/28/2013

Jennifer with Salt Cake City was amazing. She created the BEST cake and cupcakes for us. She had very unique flavors, and everyone loved them.

My only complaint is that I didn't order enough cupcakes!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Nicole · Married on 09/28/2013

Jennifer is outstanding!! Our cake(s) were both beautiful and delicious, we did not have any cake left over at the end of the night! Jennifer accommodated every wish we had and our wedding cake was beautiful! I asked her if she could sculpt my finance's dog in cake and she said she hadn't ever done it and would love the challenge. It turned out amazing and he loved it (so did everyone else!!) Tank you for being so easy to work with, so accommodating and for seeing our vision even better than we did!! You are an artist and the cake tasted beyond yummy!!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Elise · Married on 12/29/2012

Salt Cake City was fantastic to work with. Jennifer was so professional and nice. My cake turned out beautifully, just how I imagined, and it tasted so good. I am just sad I didn't get to eat more of it. Jennifer made sure I didn't have to worry about anything having to do with the cake leading up to the wedding. She took care of it all, I just had to drop my cake topper and serving set off to her a few weeks before and she took care of the rest. I love that each layer of my cake was a different flavor. I would recommend Salt Cake City to everyone.

Sent on 02/09/2013

Jennifer at Salt Cake City is Sooooo talented! I pulled a picture out of a magazine and asked her if she could do something like this. She not only recreated it, but added her own unique talent to make it more spectacular!!!! Jennifer is in my address book and I will continue to use her for a LONG time. I also recommended her to my sister and Jennifer made a character Cake of a Purple Hippo and it was AWESOME!!! Now my sister, and the rest of the family uses Jennifer at Salt Cake City exclusively!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Terra · Married on 09/13/2012

Jennifer at Salt Cake City is so creative and talented. Her cakes are not only gorgeous, but are super delicious. I showed her a cake that I wanted and she exceeded our expectations. She is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and super easy to work with. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Jennifer did such a fantastic job with our cake, I would rate her the highest of all the vendors we used for our wedding day! She was professional, responsive, and great to work with from the very beginning, and she delivered a fantastic product - a very yummy cake that was decorated EXACTLY as I'd hoped. She also did a last minute Grooms Cake for us that was picture perfect! You will not regret your experience working with her, or the product you receive!

Sent on 10/27/2012

All you have to do is check out Jennifer's website (saltcakecity.com) to see how talented she is!!
    I was getting married and i wanted to get a cake from a private local vendor--a friend told me how great Jennifer was to work with, so i called her. She was so professional and our cake was beautiful and DELICIOUS!!
    If you're anywhere in the Utah valley and need a cake for any occasion, give Jennifer Hill a call, you wont regret it!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Jessica · Married on 08/24/2012

LOVE Salt Cake City! Clever name, and I have never had a more delicious cake in my life! Jennifer gets back to you very quickly, and will make the exact changes in your design that you want. Everyone at the wedding raved about how amazing the cake was!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Ashley · Married on 08/17/2012

Jennifer at Salt Cake City was the perfect choice for our wedding cake. I am definitely have a sweet tooth so my wedding cake had to be the best and that is what I got! My husband and I wanted a fun cake that fit our personalities. As soon as we told her we wanted a gear inspired cake, she jumped at the opportunity. Not only did she make sure our ideas were displayed in the cake design but she provided us with suggestions to make our cake look amazing. Most importantly, the cake was delicious!!!! We were able to try various flavors at our cake testing and I must say, that was the best part of our entire planning. We decided on four different flavors (Mocha Java, Lemon Raspberry, Vanilla, and Chocolate Brownie) that our guests couldn't stop eating. I was able to get my hands on a couple of slices and cannot wait to dive into our cake on our 1 year anniversary...if it makes it until then :-)

Sent on 08/26/2012

Brittany · Married on 06/22/2012

I wish I could give Jennifer 10 stars. She was absolutely incredible to work with. She communicated with me via e-mail at my request as I was still planning a wedding and working full time. I always got a very prompt response. Going to our cake tasting was by far my favorite part of planning my wedding. The cake turned out absolutely beautiful, exactly what I wanted. The colors and design were perfect. The most important thing I can say is not only was my cake beautiful, but it was delicious. People are still talking about how good my wedding cake was. We got to choose 4 flavors so there was something for everyone. I was so happy with my experience. I would recommend Salt Cake City to everyone.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Jaime · Married on 06/22/2012

As the best friend of the bride, I have to say, besides the bride, the cake was the most amazing part of the wedding. Ü
    All the guests raved about the cake. It was delicious!! There were 4 different flavors that were all unique and amazing. Guests were literally rounding up groups so that each person could get a different flavor and they could share and sample all 3.
    My best friend, the bride, asked me to please write a review because she wants everyone to know what a great company this is. Brides to be...this IS the place you want to do your wedding cake.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Shannon · Married on 06/21/2012

Jennifer was amazing to work with. I was out of state and/or out of the country for several months preceding my wedding, and she was very responsive to emails and made time for me when I was available in state. Her level of service was a treat as well; she was even willing to order some decorations I was using elsewhere in my wedding so that the cake would have them too! I am very glad to have asked her to provide the cake for my wedding, and would recommend her without hesitation.

Sent on 01/11/2013

Awesome. It was the talk of the wedding. And the flavors were to die for. We had three flavors. Salt Lake City Cakes has hundreds. The cake testing was to die for. It was so hard picking a flavor. The Mom's Apple Pie with Cheesecake cream filling was to die for. Not only do I recommend for a wedding cake I am also going to be using for any special event in the future.

Sent on 07/03/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2011

My cake turned out exactly how I wanted it! Jennifer is just amazing. I had printed off a picture of how I wanted my cake to look and took in paint samples for the colors I wanted used. She did a perfect job! My favorite part was doing the cake tasting at her house. We were able to pick 3 flavors in advance of what we wanted, and then she had an extra few flavors in addition to ours. She served us full size pieces, not just a little square, and they were absolutely delicious! We ended up choosing all 3 flavors we had originally picked, which were White Almond, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Chocolate Hazelnut. The other thing we loved about Jennifer was that she was able to do only the top layer of the cake as real and do the other two as fake. That way instead of having to chop up my beautiful cake to serve, she made us sheet cakes to serve. Nobody knew the layers were fake and we were still able to do the traditional cake cutting for the bride and groom into the top layer. I loved my cake!!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Pegah · Married on 09/22/2013

I loved working with Jennifer at Salt Cake City. She was very accommodating, and had great ideas fi the cake and groom's cake. The cakes were beautiful, and best of all-they tasted wonderful! She has a hige variety of tasty flavors, it was difficult to choose. Our guests could not stop complimenting the look and taste of our cakes!

Sent on 11/06/2013