Sally Oakley Weddings & Events Reviews

179 | Raleigh, NC

179 Reviews for Sally Oakley Weddings & Events

Sally Oakley made our wedding and our wedding planning process an experience to remember. Way before the event she helped us think through the details that we didn't know mattered. But these details made all the background bits and pieces run effectively so that the whole week of the wedding, things flowed beautifully despite the last-minute curve balls. She remained focused, calm, cool and charming, even when the rain decided to fall right before our outside ceremony. She kept us on track and found creative ways to successful conduct the ceremony outside after the summer shower. Her outgoing demeanor kept even the wildest guest in our wedding party wanting to do all they could to make our day special for everyone. And she's great with kids. We didn't realize exactly what a wedding planner did - now I wouldn't even consider having a wedding without one, and I wouldn't do a wedding without Sally Oakley. Simply – she was the best. Thank you Sally!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Alison · Married on 08/15/2015

Sally was wonderful to work with and made our wedding run so smoothly! We couldn't have done all the planning without her! She contacted all the vendors, as well as met with us in person several times before the wedding! She was very fast at responding to emails and helped make a checklist for us so we had everything ready for our wedding day! Sally is so helpful and friendly and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/09/2015

Working with Sally Oakley was the highlight of my wedding planning experience. She did weekend coordination for us, meaning she handled contacting vendors 2 weeks prior to our big day, coordinated the rehearsal, and did just about everything behind the scenes that you can think of at our ceremony and reception. I cannot say ENOUGH good things about Sally, and all of my guests said the same. She was extremely professional, knowledgable, sweet, and worth her weight in GOLD! I highly suggest her to any bride.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Sally was absolutely wonderful. I knew my wedding and the management and organization of everything was in perfect hands. As of Friday afternoon I was completely comfortable handing over all decision making from that time forward to her. Would not have wanted to plan a wedding without her!!

Sent on 08/27/2015

Michael · Married on 06/27/2015

Our wedding day went better than we even expected thanks to Sally. Sally is very professional and incredibly knowledgeable about local wedding vendors and what it takes to plan a perfect event. Her advice was really helpful in making decisions about where we could cut costs and who offered the best bang for our buck. She helped us locate several of our vendors that made the day such a success. She was very responsive to emails and calls and clearly cares deeply about her brides (and grooms!). We highly recommend Sally to anyone getting married in the Triangle.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Susan · Married on 06/06/2015

I cannot say enough about Sally. I think the new saying should be "When the going gets tough... Just call Sally and she will make it go smoothly". Sally is a true professional who helped make my wedding day AMAZING. I did not have to worry about a thing prior to the wedding or during the wedding because she was on top of everything. She is the reason I did not stress prior to the big day and why it flowed so smoothly: making sure everyone know where they were supposed to be and when, transitioning each wedding event perfectly (first dance, cake cutting, band breaks...), making sure I had my favorites drinks/flip flops/food/and of course a huge smile. And on top of it all I felt like I had known her my whole life. My family and I were in great hands We got married at the Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, NC where she coordinated with Heidi Werner. If you are lucky enough to get this dynamic duo your wedding will be perfect. And if you are not getting married at the Inn, she will work well with everyone and anyone. TRUST ME! She is the VERY BEST!!!!! Thank you Sally for everything! xoxo Susan

Sent on 07/13/2015

Sally (and her colleague Kathy) gave me a feeling of ease that everything would be taken care of, and it was. She does not impose her taste or values on you. I really appreciated her recommending vendors to us - we were very happy with the florist and photographer she recommended.

Sent on 07/06/2015

I chose Sally as my weekend coordinator for my wedding and I'm SO glad I did! She was very organized and thorough and it made me feel much more relaxed about the wedding weekend. She is also so personable and accessible - she was always a phone call or email away and responded very quickly. I feel that she is a huge reason the wedding went so smoothly. Everyone always knew exactly where they needed to be and what they needed to do, and she made sure to take care of me and my husband throughout the reception, such as making sure we had drinks and getting us out of long conversations we were stuck in. I would recommend Sally to absolutely anyone!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Sarah · Married on 04/25/2015

My husband (and parents) and I will be forever indebted to Sally for ensuring our wedding went off without a hitch! From nearly a year before the big day, she was there to answer my constant questions and provide invaluable advice on the whole process. She conducted a flawless rehearsal, which I anticipated would be like herding cats. But where she really shone was on the wedding day. She was first on the scene, directing everyone and everything to where they were supposed to be and when, most importantly being me. She checked on me often as we were getting ready, and truly made me feel like a queen for a day. And when the inevitable bridal nerves kicked in just before the ceremony, she became my fairy godmother, emerging with sprite, snacks, and calming reassurances that I would *not* in fact faint at the altar. While soggy weather threatened to ruin our outdoor ceremony dream, she seemed to effortlessly move everything to a back up location that was equally as beautiful, and helped us keep our guests and ourselves dry. Plan and execute with Sally and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/10/2015

If you are reading this review...hurry and book Sally Oakley to help you on your wedding planning! Sally's expertise with every detail that comes with weddings is something that should not be overlooked. She assisted my rehearsal day and wedding day, and I would have been a complete whirlwind if she had not been there to coordinate all items - florist, decorations, catering, cake, processional, recessional, you name it! You will need Sally as a sound board for any and all questions that may arise during your wedding planning. She has three different packages to choose from based on your needs for your specific wedding - listen to me girls - I know you think you can do everything on your on - and you can, picking out colors, items, etc. - but the weekend of your wedding and especially your wedding day - the last thing you want to do is use your cell to call vendors! Sally Oakley wedding planning will make your special day a magical day to remember without stress or headache...book now :).

Sent on 04/06/2015

Sally was wonderful! We couldn't have done it without her. She made EVERYTHING run smoothly and it went perfect. THANK YOU SALLY!!!

Sent on 04/07/2015

K · Married on 03/07/2015

Sally was our day-of planner. She was wonderful to work with - very organized, professional, and kind. She corresponded with the vendors, made sure everything was set up as we envisioned, and kept us all on schedule. She also made sure we were well-fed :-) I felt reassured with her in charge that I could relax and just enjoy the special day. I'very been recommending her to my friends and family in the area.

Sent on 04/02/2015

Alice · Married on 11/08/2014

Sally was worth her weight in gold. We used her as what I call a "bookend" planner... help at the beginning (finding/booking venues etc) and at the end (wedding weekend!). When we had our initial meeting, I gave her my budget and she was able to work with it, no problem.

She was available by email 24/7 and responded to any questions/advice/suggestions I had/needed immediately. Because her name and services are known throughout the wedding community, we were able to get better deals on some services... everyone loves Sally!

I couldn't have imagined trying to pull of wedding day logistics without a planner, and my family was so thankful to have her directing the show. It was flawless. There are plenty of planners in the triangle area, I know, I met with several. But if you don't go with Sally, you are really losing out.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Ashley · Married on 11/01/2014

Sally was amazing! I do not know what I would have done with out her. My wedding day ran very smoothly. Many people came up to me to tell me that my day ran perfectly! And it was all thanks to Sally that it did.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Katie · Married on 10/12/2014

I requested Sally as my wedding coordinator through a Carolina Inn package. She was my top choice because, as a smaller, local business I felt she would provide more personal service than a big faceless company. I am SO glad I chose her! Before the wedding, I mainly relied on her for referrals and she was so helpful with that--she directed me to my bridal tailor who did a FANTASTIC job making my dress a perfect fit and also the dry cleaners who cleaned and preserved my wedding dress and chuppah (wedding canopy).
    On the day of the wedding, Sally kept everything running smoothly. She kept me in the loop about what was happening with the weather (it rained, and we had to move everything inside), she made sure there was a glass for my groom to smash, she took my clutch to my table so I didn't have to carry it around during the cocktail hour, she kept ahold of my back-up shoes so I could change for the dancing, she brought the band in at the right moment, told us how to cut the cake, and on and on. It was SUCH a relief not to have to worry about those little details on the day of my wedding. Thanks to Sally, I was able to just enjoy my wedding with my friends and family. I can't thank her enough or recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/23/2014
  • F

Frank · Married on 10/11/2014

Sally has been an incredible wedding planner throughout our planning process, and has done a lot to make all of our creative ideas a reality. Her ability to coordinate with the vendors during the wedding day were also nothing short of phenomenal - we definitely felt relaxed at our own wedding and was at ease knowing that she was behind the scenes managing the event. Would definitely recommend her to couples looking to get married in the RTP area.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Pj · Married on 09/06/2014

Sally was extremely helpful to us while planning our daughter's wedding and the support she provided for us on the day of was Very helpful for us to have -
    I would highly recommend her to anyone planning an event in the Raleigh / Chapel Hill areas -

Sent on 10/06/2014

Casey · Married on 09/06/2014

Sally was a great help during our wedding! Very responsive, professional, and wonderful to have around all day! Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Alex · Married on 08/30/2014

I don't think I could possibly say enough wonderful things about Sally Oakley. She is FABULOUS!

I did a more DIY wedding and really wanted a planner that could help execute the setup and really take over all day of activities and coordination. After talking to numerous planners before getting in touch with Sally, I was getting stressed to not find the right person in my budget. I also hate getting nickeled and dimed. I wanted to pay just one price to really take over and run with the task on the day of the wedding with out extra fees. After talking to Sally for about 1 or 2 minutes, I instantly knew she was the perfect fit. I was so excited when I found her and from the day I signed with her to even after my wedding she was truly fantastic! She was so friendly , happy, and easy to work with. I had so much fun working with her before the wedding as all the details came together. She always took the initiative and was very organized. 4 weeks before wedding my venue 214 Martin Street advised me the space would not be ready for my wedding and I had to change location. Thanks to Sally, she helped me in every way to make it smooth on the transition to the new space just weeks before my wedding. Aside from just the planning , she kept me calm through all the changes so maybe she is also part time wedding therapist! :D She just jumped in and did everything that was needed during the whole process.

The day of the wedding she took 100% of the weight off my shoulders and everything went flawless! First the setup of all my decorations for the venue was PERFECT, even better than I envisioned!!! I had a lot of moving parts with the setup and vendors and was so happy it all came together so nicely. She also offered in her services to have an assistant ( who was also really great!) that

Sent on 09/19/2014

Linda · Married on 06/28/2014

Thank you Sally so much for helping to make our day so amazing! Everyone planning a wedding should think of Sally as a "MUST HAVE." She was there for every last detail and we had no worries - just a great wedding day knowing that Sally had everything covered. She was worth every cent plus more that we paid for her services and I would highly recommend her for your event.

Sent on 08/13/2014

I highly recommend Sally! I planned my wedding and consulted with Sally before and during the process. Looking back, it was one of the best decisions I made because I felt so calm on the day of our wedding. Not only was I relaxed, my wedding party was also relaxed knowing that Sally was running the show. She kept the program on time according to the schedule we had planned and all transitions were smooth. I was able to thoroughly enjoy the day and that is a direct reflection of knowing that Sally was there and that she is really, really good at what she does. I couldn't recommend her more!

Sent on 08/14/2014

I hired Sally Oakley for the day-of coordination of my daughter's wedding and reception in Raleigh. It absolutely the BEST decision that I made. Sally and her staff were very easy to work with and provided ample advice/direction/help along the way. They were extremely professional and friendly! Sally was always quick to respond to my emails and patiently answered questions as they arose. The timeline and coordination of vendors were flawless.

After months of planning and working on decorations for the reception, I couldn't actually be at the reception site to oversee anything. Suzanne (Sally's assistant) took my written instructions and had all of the decorations placed exactly as I had envisioned...no small feat since it involved 15+ large boxes of items! Suzanne also directed the wedding rehearsal and put everyone (including the bride) at ease!

I would definitely recommend Sally Oakley to anyone needing help planning/coordinating a wedding!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Molly · Married on 11/16/2013

I would highly recommend Sally Oakley. She was extremely helpful throughout my wedding planning process. I don't live in NC, so it was great having a local resource. Her recommendations were always spot-on, and I can't imagine planning my event without her.

Sally was great on the day of as well. Her relaxed, friendly demeanor is very comforting on such a hectic day. She was very good at keeping me and my husband on schedule, and even made helpful hints like when were the best times for us to mingle in the reception.

Sally helped everyone enjoy the day more. We all knew that everything was taken care of if it was in Sally's hands, and that is a great feeling to have. I am very happy we chose Sally, and I know any bride would feel the same!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Lindsay · Married on 11/09/2013

My husband and I can't thank Sally enough. WOW! We could not have pulled off such a fun and special celebration without her. She was absolutely amazing to work with from START to FINISH. She was so attentive to our wants and needs, not only on the day of but throughout this whole planning process. I remember thanking her right at the beginning of the reception because, WOW, to see everything come together, is incredible. It was breathtaking. Her opinions of what would look nice and best with the venue were spot on. She embodied exactly what a wedding planner is and what a wedding planner does.

We could not have been happier with the services that she provided to us. She really took the stressors out of wedding planning and especially the day of stressors, to make every bit of this wonderful celebration, enjoyable and it was so enjoyable! Her kindness and professionalism will not be forgotten. She helped give my husband and I something that we will cherish forever - an absolutely beautiful and special wedding celebration.

She was so great about answering my emails and texts, especially towards the end of planning!!! We will surely recommend her services to any bride and groom getting married. She was so wonderful to work with. :)

Sent on 11/19/2013

Valerie · Married on 10/26/2013

Sally was incredible! From the moment we met her, we knew we were in good hands. She was so professional, yet friendly, extremely knowledgeable and always available for advice and questions. She helped us through every step of the way from great advice on top-notch vendors to handling every detail the day of the wedding. It was so easy to plan a wedding with Sally's help and the big day went off without a hitch. We have always heard horror stories about the stress of planning a wedding and how the bride and groom never get to enjoy their wedding, but that wasn't true for us. It was a lot of fun and something we will remember forever and it definitely couldn't have been done without Sally's amazing help! - Valerie and Robbie

Sent on 01/16/2014