Sally Oakley Weddings & Events Reviews

179 | Raleigh, NC

179 Reviews for Sally Oakley Weddings & Events

Lindsay · Married on 09/29/2018

From the first meeting , Sally knew what we wanted for our wedding and moving forward, she provided us with the absolute best team of vendors that made our wedding day perfect. Sally was loyal and protective of our vision and because of that things went as smoothly as possible throughout the entire process. I can honestly say that planning my wedding was the LEAST STRESSFUL part of everything and that is because of Sally. She is the absolute best!

Sent on 10/10/2018

C_Smoak · Married on 09/28/2018

Sally Oakley is an Excellent Wedding Planner!

We hired Sally Oakley for her month of/day of service and it was a fantastic value! Sally and her team are professional, compassionate and will expertly manage as much of the wedding details that you would like! She also has a fantastic relationship with area vendors which is critical to a successful event!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Mary

Mary C. · Married on 09/28/2018

The Smoak/McCall Wedding

Working with Sally & her team was absolutely amazing. She took care of contacting & coordinating with all the vendors which was a huge weight off our shoulders. She was always flexible and available to answer even the smallest and I'm sure tedious questions. She didn't ever show any worries or concerns about anything and was definitely honest when we needed her opinion. She was never over bearing and didn't take over the event but more supported it. From the response time, organization, timelines, coordination, etc. there's definitely a reason everyone told me she was the best and it was true she couldn't have been more perfect! Our big day went off without a hitch and we credit a huge portion of that to Salley!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Julia · Married on 09/21/2018

We had the pure joy of working with Kathy Swope for a year before our big day. She was a joy to work with and pulled everything together seamlessly. To say she is amazing is an understatement. I hate planning anything and she was great about having me choose between two or three options within our budget for all of our vendors. The wedding itself was more beautiful and elegant than I ever could have imagained and was truly the best day of our lives. Thanks again, Kathy, for everything!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Allie · Married on 09/15/2018

My day-of coordinator, Victoria, was absolutely wonderful. She was friendly, organized, and very professional. Victoria was quick to communicate back and forth and made sure our day went smoothly. I loved working with her and don't know what I would've done without her!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Katherine · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful planner

Kathy Swope was our day-of planner for our wedding. She did an excellent job at every step of the way. Kathy is kind, patient, and so easy to work with. As we were going through the planning process, she was quick to respond to emails, attentive to details, and always organized. What was more, she helped coordinate a last-minute change of reception venue in the midst of a hurricane coming to our area. We were so appreciative of all her help to help our vendors and officiants shift gears. She was instrumental to helping make our wedding a beautiful, special day.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Katherine · Married on 09/01/2018

Sally is great!

Sally was wonderful to work with both leading up to and on the day of our wedding! I loved that she had done a lot of weddings at my venue before and therefore knew the space and options really well. I also appreciated how she respected that I had a pretty specific vision of what I wanted from the beginning but was there along the way to recommend vendors that I was still deciding on, to "gut check" various proposals, and to keep me on-schedule with my planning. She was consistently pleasant to be around, helpful, and responsive to my numerous questions via email. I would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Laura · Married on 08/25/2018

Sally Oakley was our day of wedding coordinator, and hiring her was the best decision we made in planning our wedding. For starters, she recommended a line up of top-notch vendors who allowed our wedding day to go seamlessly. She helped calm my nerves when I was fretting and prompted me to think about key details well in advance, which made everything to come together without last-minute stress or drama. Sally also put together a helpful detailed timeline for our day and did a phenomenal job running our rehearsal and wedding day. I would highly recommend Sally Oakley!

Sent on 08/28/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/21/2018

Sally did such a great job! From creating a detailed timeline, to answering all of the many questions we had leading up to the wedding weekend, to making sure everything was perfect on our special day, I didn't have to worry about anything! We loved working with Sally and highly recommend her to anyone that needs a wedding coordinator!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Elisabeth · Married on 07/14/2018

Great all around! Could not have been more happy with Sally an her team. Every question answered, every possible issue thought of, and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Gwyn · Married on 07/14/2018

Hired Sally for my daughter’s wedding and couldn’t have done it without her! She was a tremendous help with timelines, vendors and guests. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/30/2018

I worked with Sally and Victoria and they were both extremely helpful, responded to emails quickly, easy to understand, and they were very good at understanding what the bride and groom wanted. They were also extremely helpful at filling in the gaps where we didn't know what we wanted. Every vendor they suggested were perfect and they seemed to have a good relationship with everyone.

Sent on 07/15/2018

Elizabete · Married on 06/30/2018

Sally was wonderful to work with. We were not going to get a wedding planner but the venue required one for day of. My daughter reached out to Sally and got a good feeling and it was wonderful working with her. Victoria did day of and she was great super organized always there when we had a question or needed something. She made everything run super smoothly. We were very happy with her suggestions and all her hard work. Would definitely recommend Sally and Victoria.

Sent on 08/01/2018

Mary R. · Married on 06/16/2018

Sally and her team went above and beyond for my wedding!! I first contacted Sally in a panic, as I hired another Raleigh wedding planner for the first 4 months of my engagement. The previous wedding planner took my deposit and disconnected her phone. Needless to say, Sally swooped in and saved the day. She called me back within the hour of my panicked phone call and booked our wedding.

Sally made my childhood dreams come true. I always wanted to get married at my childhood home/ farm. My father, who was initially skeptical of ANY wedding planner, was beyond delighted with Sally and her team. In his words, “Sally earned and is worth EVERY penny.”

Sally not only stayed in close contact with me, but with my groom, vendors, and bridesmaids. My husband and I were over the moon with how beautiful our wedding day was, as well as how much Sally did in preparation for our wedding.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Emily · Married on 05/26/2018

Sally was wonderful to work with. I used her partial wedding planning services, so I had the pleasure of working with her for over a year.

She was so calm and organized throughout our planning and was incredibly helpful from selecting vendors to providing design input and etiquette tips. She helped us have the PERFECT day. We used all of her vendor recommendations, and the team she helped us put together was wonderful; the venue and decor were beautiful (way better than I could have done without her guidance), and she helped me stay calm the month-of and day-of because I knew I was in such good hands. Loved working with Sally and would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Dana · Married on 05/26/2018

I can not begin to tell you what Kathy Swope, our "day-of-coordinator" with Sally Oakey Wedding & Events meant to us on my daughter's wedding day!! We were able to relax and enjoy the whole day thanks to everything she took care of for us!!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Chad · Married on 05/20/2018

We chose Sally as our wedding coordinator after several people said she was the best wedding coordinator in North Carolina. They were not wrong! Sally is an extremely professional wedding planner that helped us for MONTHS even though we had signed up for her 'Day Of' package. She answered all of our questions, reached out to all of our vendors, and worked with them on our timeline. Many of our vendors told us they had preferred Sally as coordinator as well. She made sure that our wedding day was spectacular! We love you, Sally!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Kelly · Married on 05/18/2018

Carolina Inn Wedding Day

Sally was extremely kind, professional, and organized. She put any and all questions to rest on the wedding day. Without her, I know myself and my mom would have been stressed trying to get all the final little touches put together. Sally is definitely someone who can be trusted to make your wedding day special!!!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Linda · Married on 04/27/2018

Sally is wonderful! Made our wedding planning process organized and followed up with us when we fell behind things on our to do list. The best part about hiring Sally was not having to worry or communicate with any vendors on the day of the wedding. She did such a great job organizing everything and keeping people on the timeline that our ceremony was actually ready to go a few minutes early. We as a couple felt so supported and couldn’t have asked for a better wedding planner.

Sent on 05/25/2018

Angharad · Married on 04/21/2018

I cannot thank Sally and Kelsey enough for helping us put on our incredible wedding! Sally is your go to lady for wedding coordination! She is amazing to work with- her and her team truly care about making your big day be the best it possibly can be and are there to make the whole process efficient and seamless while staying within budget! We hired Sally and Kelsey as our wedding day coordinators which also included several meetings leading up to our big day. They were a huge help with the timeline and aligning all of our vendors prior and on the wedding day they were also a dream to work with! They kept everything running like clockwork in the background so we did not have to stress or worry about anything. They are also great women to be around which is important on your big day and while planning your big day! Sally was very proactive reaching out to myself and our vendors ahead of time making sure everything was taken care of. Thank you Sally and Kelsey! Would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding planner/ coordinator/ event planner!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Stephanie · Married on 04/14/2018

Sally was a recommended vendor from our venue, and she is amazing! I was able to relax and enjoy the day since I knew she had everything under control!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Kim · Married on 04/14/2018

Sally was awesome! We hired her for our daughter's wedding in April. She suggested great vendors and coordinated the day to a T. Even was cool as there some last minute wardrobe malfunctions :)

Sent on 06/21/2018

Baylis · Married on 04/07/2018

We were lucky enough to be able to work with Sally for our wedding and we couldn’t have done it without her! She made the whole process so much less stressful and pointed us to the best vendors for our day. She helped us with even the tiniest decisions and was super flexible but also down to business. She is a pro and I’d recommend her 100%. Make her team a part of your wedding planning process and you will not regret it!

Sent on 04/28/2018

Liane · Married on 04/07/2018

Kathy from Sally Oakley was the best! She was always prepared, had the type of knowledge that prevented all major issues, and kept us on track. She also had great recommendations and an eye for the exact style that we were looking for -- country chic. I had so many people tell me the wedding was one of the best run weddings they had ever attended -- and that was 100% thanks to Kathy's amazing work. Plus, she is extremely kind and friendly and fun to be around. Basically, stop looking for another planner and hire her now.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Pam · Married on 12/30/2017

I highly recommend Kathy from Sally Oakley events. She provided day-of services for my daughter's wedding, but oh so much more. She was quick to respond to all of our e-mails for advice throughout the wedding planning process. She provided great recommendations about things that are worthwhile and things that are just not necessary. The bride was reluctant to do a Sparkler Exit and Kathy convinced her it would be worth doing. Kathy choreographed the Sparkler exit, it went flawlessly and we got some fantastic pictures from it. The best part was the day of the wedding we did not worry about a thing. We just enjoyed every minute of the reception and all the wedding guests. Kathy was invisible, yet she took care of everything. She recommended that the bridal party arrive 30 mins before the reception for drinks and appetizers and just to relax in the beautifully decorated venue. What a great suggestion that was! Everything went smoothly for a simply magical night.

Sent on 01/21/2018