Salero Reviews

196 | Rehoboth Beach, DE

196 Reviews for Salero

• O

olga · Married on 03/24/2012

Having had our ceremony and reception at Salero makes us want to do it again and again! The evening was amazing, from professional staff to great food and one of the kind DJ. The place is beautiful and so well managed by owners Dave and Dawn Horton. We will always be thankful to for an unforgettable evening! To all future brides and grooms - you are in good hands!!!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Maureen · Married on 11/26/2011

We cannot describe how perfect our wedding was at Salero but will try! From our first viewing of the venue which is on the 8th floor of the Henelopen hotel with spectacular views of the ocean and Rehoboth beach, we knew it was the ideal location for our wedding at the beach. The decor is beautiful with its spacious dining & bar areas and huge dance floor. By using the booking function on their website, we were able to choose through a tempting selection of food and other wedding options. We chose the buffet style dinner so our guests could sample a number of foods and it worked out perfectly. Everything was so well presented; the servers were superb and professional, not to mention the food was so delicious - we and our guests were left raving about the food. The venue was so nice we decided to have our ceremony there as well on the dancefloor with about 30 guests seated and the 30 guests standing around the area. It was a short ceremony so this set up was perfect for such a short and intimate ceremony. We didn't have any flower arrangements, we didn't need to as the venue is decorated so beautifully. Dawn, the owner, was an absolute pleasure to deal with. We can't thank her enough for extra touches like the table centrepieces she let us use, helping us decide on best seating arrangements and the layout for the ceremony. She was instrumental in ensuring our day ran smoothly from start to finish, helping us keep to schedule, everything ran like clockwork. It was like having our own wedding co-ordinator on the day. My biggest worry was the music having been at weddings where music is dire but we need not have feared as Mike the DJ was amazing. He worked with us on the type of music we wanted, advised us on music and also adapted on the night to make it so much fun and such a success. Everyone had a ball! (Also at the last minute we decided to have my nephew play the saxaphone for our first dance and again during the night, Mike helped with the backing music and make it work into the set) All in all we weren't sure about having our wedding at the restaurant venue but we were left feeling like a king and queen at a lavish banquet. We were just so impressed with the professionalism of it all and can honestly say it exceeded our expectations in every way!

Sent on 01/10/2012
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 11/11/2011

My husband and I planned our wedding while living in NY (5 hours away). Dawn and Dave did everything in their power to alleviate the stresses of organizing a destination wedding. Salero's staff demonstrated professionalism through every aspect of the ceremony and reception.

Sent on 01/19/2012

Lindsey · Married on 10/15/2011

I cannot say enough good things about Salero. Everything Dawn and the staff did was perfect and more than I expected. After reading reviews myself when planning our wedding, I knew we would be in good hands by choosing Salero - but like I said, it was better than expected! Most importantly, everyone had an AMAZING time and I cannot even begin to count the amount of comments we received from guests on the overall venue, FOOD and execution of the entire wedding. Dawn's calming persona just tops it all off by putting you at ease during the planning process. You can guarantee that she's got you covered and will answer any question and do whatever she can to make your day perfect! We wanted our wedding to be a party with people on the dance floor as quick as possible. Dawn provided great suggestions to make this happen and executed everything in a way that we still got the traditional things done (parent dances, cake cutting, etc) but had a TON of time to dance the night away. I cannot thank Dawn and the staff at Salero enough for all of their hard work and professionalism and for making our wedding day better than we could have dreamed!!

Sent on 10/31/2011

Heather · Married on 10/02/2011

Upon our first visit to Salero and meeting with Dawn, we fell in love with the incredible view and set up of the venue. Dawn was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process, being patient when we would contact her with a zillion and one questions and always going above and beyond to help make things happen! On the wedding day Dawn took care of everything making things stress free for us and allowing us to completely enjoy every aspect of our day. We would highly recommend Salero not only for the room, view and Dawn, but also for the incredible food and of course DJ Mike. We continue to hear how great Salero was and how great of a time all of our guests had. We cannot thank Dawn enough for such a wonderful wedding day.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Kay · Married on 09/18/2011

My husband and I first met Dawn a year ago and we instantly liked her! She welcomed us with love and kindness and helped us along the way, any way she could. Dawn is a genuine person who has such a big heart and she is amazing at what she does. We could tell that she loves what she does and she does it with such joy that she put us at ease during our wedding planning. Words cannot express our gratitude for Dawn. She went above and beyond to make our experience special. Although Salero is a gorgeous venue, more than that, we would return to Salero for future events because of Dawn. Our experience was so wonderful because Dawn really cared about us and made sure that everything went smoothly. All of our guests told us they had so much fun and how much they absolutely LOVED the food!!! They all danced all night long to the great music that DJ Mike played. He was awesome! We highly recommend Salero!!! Dawn and staff - we thank you with all of our hearts for blessing us with an unbelievable experience. May God bless you always. Love, Kay and Daniel :-)

PS - Next time we're in Rehoboth we'll stop by!! Miss you already!

Sent on 09/26/2011

erica · Married on 09/17/2011

Dawn was EXCELLENT! She was always quick to get back to me with questions and was always available to meet when i was in town. We had a storm come through the day of and Dawn was there to help make everything perfect and did everything to make our day PERFECT.

THE FOOD IS AMAZING AND THE BEST. My wedding was 8 months ago and I still have people telling me the food was the best they ever had at a wedding. You cant go wrong with anything on their menu:)

Sent on 05/20/2012

Danielle · Married on 08/13/2011

We were looking for a place we could have a beach ceremony and a close by reception with an amazing view and came across Salero online. Thinking it was too good to be true we had to see it in person. We drove 7 hours from Ohio to Rehoboth just to meet with Dawn. It sure was worth it.
    First - let me say that pictures do not do it justice. Salero it's self is breathtaking. It has an amazing view and it's classy with out being stuffy. Then there is Dawn the owner. She is absolutely amazing. From out first meeting with her I just knew we would be in good hands.
    Being out of town I had no idea who to use for any of my vendors - she was quick to give recommendations and answered any questions I had. She treated us like family from the moment we met even though she barely knew us. She is so enthusiastic and passionate about what she does I had not a single doubt that my wedding would be flawless.
    The actual wedding day was better then I ever expected. She had a wedding the night before but her staff quickly cleaned up and she stayed late (after midnight) let me and my bridal party come and set up so it was one less thing I had to do the next morning. The beach set up was beautiful - we used their white flags in the background, she brought out a table for the sand ceremony and their house DJ Mike Harrell brought out his equipment so our guests could hear our vows.
    After the ceremony she had a plate of appetizers set up in a back room for us to make sure we had a bite to eat. It doesn't sound like much - but it was so nice to have a few minutes of down time in the crazy day. She personally ensured that the entire time we had a drink in our hand and we were happy. If there were any issues - we didn't know about it. She rolled with any last minute changes and did whatever made us happy.
    Another example of how she really takes care of her guests - We had a Dean Martin impersonator also - a surprise for the groom... she helped me figure out a schedule for him to come out and when we decided he should sing during dinner she arranged for a plate of appetizers to be sent to his room as well.
    The food was absolutely phenomenal - guests are still talking about it. The bar service was outstanding too....not only was the selection huge but the bartender remembered everyones drink and that really impressed our guests. Mike - Salero's house DJ was awesome. He kept our guests up and moving all night.
    We brought all of our guests to Rehoboth Beach just because of Salero - it was the best decision we could have made. Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had and how awesome Salero was. We feel so lucky to have found Dawn and Salero. It was fabulous, stress free and we had a blast the entire night.

Sent on 08/27/2011

Erin · Married on 08/12/2011

Words can't begin to describe how happy my husband and i were with our recent wedding reception at Salero. The food was incredible, the staff was excellent, and the view is just breathtaking. All guests had nothing but positive things to say. The only thing better than the reception venue was dealing with Dawn. We truly felt like a friend of hers rather than a client. She was so kind and welcoming from the moment we met. Very easy to communicate with which was excellent for us since we live out of state. If you have a chance DEFINITELY have your special event here.....you won't be disappointed!

As a side note we went with DJ Mike which was part of the reception package-- AWESOME! ! Our guests filled the dance floor and didn't want to leave. The mix of music between old and new was perfect. Everyone had a blast. Again, very easy to communicate with and extremely friendly!

sarah · Married on 08/07/2011

The Salero is an amazing place to have your wedding reception! Dawn does a fantastic job of making your day extra special!

Caitlin · Married on 08/06/2011

Everything went so smoothly. The food was delicious, & we're still getting feedback by guests who absolutely loved Salero & had a blast! Mike the DJ, also was excellent! Everyone was dancing!

Thank you so much Dawn & David!!!

Tim · Married on 08/05/2011

From start to finish, Dawn and each member of her staff bent over backwards to meet our needs. The venue has an amazing view, but the hospitality and effectiveness of each and every detail meant the most to Annette and I.

Sent on 08/20/2011

Amy · Married on 07/17/2011

This was the easiest decision to make in all of the wedding planning. Dawn is absolutely the best and will make everything perfect for you. We planned our wedding from out of state and she made many of the stresses completely go away. Our guests are still saying the food was some of the best they've ever had and that they had a blast. Mike, the DJ, was the best DJ I've ever heard as well! He listens to what you want and gives great suggestions. Everyone at Salero was so easy to work with and I can't stress enough how great Dawn is. If you want a beach wedding in Rehoboth, look no further!!

Sent on 08/11/2011

Shannon · Married on 07/16/2011

Hands down this is the best decision I could have made when choosing the location of my wedding. The food was absolutely amazing and every one of my guest thought the same. The view of the ocean and atmosphere were stunning as well as elegant, and you cannot beat the location. My wedding was obviously not Dawn (the owners) first rodeo because she had an answer or solution for every question or concern I had. The staff were extremely accommodating and professional, and the DJ was the best I have ever heard or worked with. If you are looking for a venue at the beach look no further because you will NOT find a better price, and certainly not a more beautiful location!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Ashley · Married on 07/09/2011

Rehoboth Beach Wedding: Salero

Salero was a wonderful place to hold my wedding ceremony. They were very organized, flexible, responsive, and reasonably priced. The view was beautiful and I could not have asked for a better venue. Dawn has everything down to a science and the food was put of this world. I would recommend Salero to anyone looking to get married at the beach. It will forever hold a special place in our hearts.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Kim · Married on 07/08/2011

For us, Dawn & Salero were a dream come true. I don’t know if words can do justice for everything done to make our wedding a truly magical event. Here are some quotes from people at our wedding: “Best food I have ever had at a wedding.” , “Best wedding I have ever been too.” , “If you didn’t have fun at this wedding, you don’t know how to have fun.” If you want an experience where someone who truly cares about your wedding and makes you feel like the most important people in the world, then Dawn & Salero is your wedding location.
    The Salero team is amazing from Chef David’s phenomenal food, the courteous staff taking care of every need, or DJ Mike rocking the dance floor for the entire night.
    But what I think makes Salero so special is how Dawn takes your hand and leads you through entire process. Every step of the way, you feel like the only wedding she is working on is your wedding. I can’t stress what a difference this made for us, especially the day of the wedding. The entire time you feel like you have a small guardian angel watching over the process and helping when tough decisions need to be finalized. Our wedding was on a Friday, so when we came to Salero on Thursday it felt like it was OUR location, WE became the center of attention and everything was about OUR wedding.
    If you want a wedding where you will be guided through the entire process, the location will be beautiful, the food & service will be amazing, the staff is phenomenal, and you will feel like a prince & princess getting married, then Salero is for you!!
    Our wedding was better than we could have ever dreamed or imagined…Dawn, we thank you & your team for that!
    Kim & Justin McCabe
    Other recommendations:
    • Bacon Wrapped Scallops
    • Duck Spring Rolls
    • Prime rib
    • Extend the reception until 1am
    • Get married on the beach

Sent on 07/31/2011

Sandy · Married on 06/24/2011

After looking for a wedding venue for an entire year, I choose Salero. The venue and owner Dawn exceeded my expectations, in every detail. Dawn's personality and availability kept us calm so that we could enjoy the day. I forgot some last minute details and Dawn was right there to solve the problems. The food, music, atmosphere, service was fantastic. It has been a year and my friends and family are still telling me that it was the most fun that they had at a wedding. I can't believe myself how great it turned out. Thanks again - Salero, Dawn, and DJ MIke.

Sent on 07/28/2012
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 06/18/2011

Salero is an awesome venue and we are very happy that we chose to have our reception there. The view of the beach and boardwalk from the room are spectacular, and the service and food were wonderful as well.

Dawn was very accommodating and allowed us to go to the reception venue the morning of the wedding to set-up my centerpieces and other decorations, and her staff were wonderful with helping me take all of the stuff down at the end of the night. She kept insisting that I not do anything and to let her staff take care of it all!

The staff at the Salero did an awesome job with setting up the chairs at the ceremony and DJ Mike was a great addition for the ceremony music (and at a much more reasonable cost than hiring live musicians).

The reception was wonderful and everyone we have spoken to has commented on how great everything was and how smoothly everything went. Although Salero may not be the cheapest venue in terms of cost, if you are a bride on a budget, please do not dismiss this venue. My husband and I paid for the wedding ourselves and budget was very important--and we made it work with Salero. When searching for venues, I came across other reception sites that were cheaper; however, when reading the reviews, they were not consistent, and I wasn't willing to take that gamble. I was so impressed that every review that I read about the Salero was positive--and that meant something to me. It meant that I was going to get what I paid for and what I expected, and Salero delivered.

DJ Mike did a great job with keeping people on the dance floor and encouraging others to join in the fun. He wasn't afraid to get on the dance floor himself and everyone really enjoyed his music selection.

Salero will always be a special place for my husband and I and I'm so happy to have it be a part of our memories.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Dian · Married on 06/03/2011

WOW! What an amazing place and wonderful people to work with. Dawn is so accommodating and is truly into fine details. She is of the highest calibur and has integrity. She works extremely hard to insure everything goes smoothly. The food is wonderful and the presentation couldn't be better. As a mother of the bride, I can honestly say, I had a great time as I did not have to worry about a thing. It is quite obvious that Dawn and her husband really enjoy their work as it is not only done well but with a smile. Don't think there is a better venue out there for a beach wedding!

Dian Arthurs

Sent on 06/10/2011

Amy · Married on 06/03/2011

Our reception at Salero could not have been any better! Many of my guests are emailing and calling me to tell me it was the best wedding they have ever been too. Salero's food was absolutely amazing. The staff was professional, helpful and organized. The atmosphere created by the amazing view and well decorated space is sure to put anyone in a partying mood! Salero also included their house DJ in their reception packages, this was a huge value to us on our budget, plus Mike, the DJ, has a wonderful sense of what to play to get your guests out on the dance floor and enjoying themselves.

Leading up to the wedding I was able to get my questions answered by Salero quickly and they were very helpful with all the details and even gave me suggestions.

I would highly recommend Salero to anyone who is considering doing a beach wedding or event in Rehoboth. We could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 06/21/2011

Katie · Married on 05/14/2011

I cannot say enough great things about Salero and their staff! They made my wedding day even more memorable than I could have imagined. They were very attentive to our needs and never hestitated to go the extra mile to please us. Dawn is AWESOME and I would highly recommend this venue for your dream wedding. The food was great and our guests are still talking about it! Thank you so much for everything! Katie & Jason Mitchell

Sent on 07/02/2011

Heather · Married on 04/16/2011

I have not one service provided by the Salero that was not literally above and beyond. I am OCD and always worried about others. Somehow Dawn took that worry away without even trying as she simply did what she feels is great customer service. Which in real life is beyond superior customer service! She personally handled every little thing from start to finish, kept a drink in my hand and kept my guests so happy I didn't worry about a thing but enjoying my special day! By the end of the event I made a friend and found a place that will host all my life's events in the future! Not only was the Salero a beautiful space with beyond amazing food, the service is like nothing I have ever experienced. Dawn and team Salero become your family by the end!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Rochelle · Married on 10/09/2010

My husband and I were married October 9, 2010 on the beach front outside of the Henlopen Hotel in Rehoboth Beach, DE. The Delaware beaches have always been a special place for both Josh and I, so when we found Salero, it was like a dream come true! The location, the view, the great venue, the owners & staff, the food - all exceeded my expectations! I could not be more pleased!!!
    For the year and a half that we planned our wedding, Dawn Horton, the owner of Salero was amazing to work with, promptly answering all of my questions (of which there were MANY) and allowing us to come and look at the venue time and time again to take measurements, sort out our decorating details and see what various weddings looked like set up in their venue. Dawn was ALWAYS accommodating, and made us feel welcome whenever we stopped in to do our planning. Upon doing our food tasting there, we absolutely knew we had made the perfect choice - everything was amazingly delicious! People are still raving over the food at our reception. Dawn and her husband (the culinary genius behind Salero) and their staff treated everyone like family and made sure that our day went off without a hitch. We even rented our chairs from Salero for the ceremony, which was a great savings as well as a huge load off of our minds since they did all of the set up and break down!
    I did not have an official wedding planner and because much of my wedding was DIY, we had an enormous amount of decorations to set up. The day before our wedding there was another wedding at Salero but we were allowed to come in after the reception was over and start decorating that Friday night. Dawn and her staff, once again, were extremely organized and got the tables set up right away for our event so we could finish the tables with my centerpieces, candles, etc. We were allowed to stay that night until we completed our setup so that I did not have to worry about any set up the morning of my wedding. There was never any pressure to hurry and get out of there - I knew that I could have the time I needed to set up the venue exactly as I had envisioned. And it turned out absolutely beautifully!
    I also took Dawn's advice and went with her recommended vendors for DJ, photographer and cake, which was a huge help, as my husband and I are not from the area. Again, I was not disappointed! Salero's in house DJ, Mike Harrell worked closely with me to make sure my music selection wishes were met. He is a true professional and my guests loved him! He rocked the house and got everyone on the dance floor! Sam Ellis, our photographer captured every detail of the day and even persuaded Dawn to let us take sunset roof shots which are amazing! Daria Horn from Sweet Art made our wedding cake, and just as Dawn told me the day I met her, our wedding cake was to die for! I can't wait until our one year anniversary to eat the top tier!
    What can I say about Salero other than if you are considering having a beach wedding, you owe it to yourself to go to Salero and book your date right away! Our guests have raved that our wedding was the best they ever attended and perhaps I am a wee bit biased, but I'd have to agree. The beauty of the beach coupled with a festive venue with a wonderful owner and staff made me one happy bride! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Dawn & Salero for helping make October 9, 2010 a day to remember!

Sent on 11/03/2010

Janet · Married on 10/02/2010

Dawn made me (mother of bride) a star! She made the bride say "This is the happiest day of my life." She made the guests say that it was the best, most perfect wedding they ever attended. And the view is spectacular!!

Sent on 11/03/2010

Stephanie · Married on 09/25/2010

Amazing. My experience with the Salero, and specifically Dawn Horton, could not have been more perfect.
    During the planning stages before the wedding, Dawn was very quick to respond to any detailed questions I had for her. Communicating primarily via email, Dawn was able to offer quick, concise answers to a variety of questions ranging from menu to table set-up. Certain weekends she was hosting three receptions and still had time to respond to my concerns.
    The menu options for the reception were also top-notch. Whether you prefer seafood, beef, or vegetarian, there are choices for everyone. The price is the most reasonable I have seen of any reception venue I visited. Dawn was very accommodating and her husband, the chef, created some of the most delicious meals I have experienced.
    On the day of the reception, Dawn and the rest of the staff of the Salero were organized and professional, yet laid back and inviting. The wait staff was courteous, well-poised, professionally-dressed and friendly. Dawn was able to simultaneously coordinate dinner, advise me of what to do next, and get the party started on the dance floor. She was so fun to be around and made an effort to have fun with the bridal party and guests.
    I would recommend the Salero to anyone considering a wedding in Rehoboth Beach. It was the most wonderful experience of my life and I will cherish my memories there for years to come.

Sent on 10/11/2010