Salero Reviews

196 | Rehoboth Beach, DE

196 Reviews for Salero

Craig · Married on 07/13/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Salero, and the service provided by Dawn, Chef David, and DJ Mike. I heard the phrase "best.wedding.ever!" I don't know HOW many times throughout the rest of the weekend! Dawn was there for us whenever we needed her, answering any questions we had at any time. Chef David's food was absolutely amazing, I want the chicken recipe STAT!! And DJ Mike, the man is a machine, and was so helpful with song choices. If I could pick a day to relive for the rest of my life, my wedding day would be it, and this trio and their staff helped make it even more amazing than I could ever imagine. If you're smart, BOOK THIS PLACE!!!!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Mrand · Married on 06/22/2013

Let me just say that as stressful as it was to plan a wedding, I’d do it all again just to relieve the perfection I experienced with Dawn and her staff at Salero on the Beach! Dawn has mastered the art of making wedding days the most memorable days of people’s lives. I got married in June 2013 at Salero on the Beach and people are still telling us how much they enjoyed our wedding…some even more than their own weddings! Lol. Being the meticulous person that I am, I had an elaborate spreadsheet put together to interrogate the 4 beach venues we were looking at. Dawn was last on the list and I could not believe how great the packages she offered were! Her and her staff can and did do it all for us! From our ceremony on the beach with music to the open bar to the OUT-FREAKING-STANDING food from her amazing chef and husband David!

Plus, let’s not forget the best MC and DJ in DE Mr. Magic Mike himself. We are VERY particular (VERY picky) about our music and we were very nervous about not bringing our own DJ. Dawn assured us Mike was the man and let me just say…he-is-the-man! He really does it all…classic, R&B, pop, old school and new school (clean) hip hop, and our favorite…reggae! Our guests PARTIED like it was their wedding!!! All our guests had to travel for our wedding and Dawn and her staff helped us make sure we made it worth their while! She helped calm every fear I had, solve every problem that I confronted, and save money when I wasn’t even thinking about it! She was more than someone we hired to help us, she became like a big sister to us! My husband, Dawn, and David planned the best and most beautiful surprise 1 year anniversary lunch for us this year, as well! They really are family now! If you’re looking for professionalism and perfection on your wedding day, Dawn and her staff at Salero on the Beach is your company!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Janine · Married on 06/21/2013

My husband and I cannot say enough about Dawn, Chef David, DJ Mike and their whole team!! Everything about our day was absolutely perfect! We planned our wedding from out of town and you could of never guessed all because of the help from Dawn, who is amazing! She always responded so promptly when we had any questions or concerns. Our guests are still talking 2 weeks later about the delicious food and also, the fun entertainment by DJ Mike! We had a guest say, "That DJ was the best. Everything was on point!" and it sure was! We wish we could do it all over again! Best day of our lives! :)

Sent on 07/06/2013

To Dawn, Chef David, DJ Mike, and Bartender(Sorry I forgot your name we were too drunk)

WE just wanted to thank you for an AMAZING wedding!! We got soo my compliments from our family and friends. The food was amazing and as the bride I made sure I ate! :) The music was on point- kept everyone dancing and having fun. And Dawn you were amazing at making sure the whole event from the ceremony to the reception went perfectly. As newlyweds, we will always look back on our special day remembering how amazing our union was and we hope to have more events at your venue!

Thank you.

Sara & Shervin

Sent on 06/13/2013

Everything was perfect and top notch! I really felt special on my wedding and they were made sure you had no worries!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Kristina · Married on 06/01/2013

We could have not asked for a better wedding! The venue, food, and experienced staff were all amazing. We could not have had a better dj which is provided in house at salero. The owner provides great service and is very helpful and prompt with ensuring everything will go exactly as you would like! Book your event at Salero and feel the comfort of knowing your event will be better than expected!

Sent on 08/18/2013

Brian · Married on 04/27/2013

My partner and I were thrilled with our civil union at Salero. The views of the beach and the restaurant itself were magnificent. The food was delicious. Our guests danced all night. In addition, Dawn was very easy to work with so dealing with the venue was the least stressful part of our planning. Everyone had an amazing time and everything turned our perfectly. We highly recommend it.

Sent on 05/23/2013

Melissa · Married on 04/26/2013

I can't say enough about how awesome the Salero was for our wedding this past weekend. First off, the setting is absolutely amazing...perfect size venue, the most amazing view, and lots of recent rennovations made the place that I thought could not be any more beautiful even better! Dawn is absolutely amazing, attentive, organized, and very responsive/great to work with! I was quite disorganized and she was able to pull things together and keep us on schedule, which is exactly what I needed. Everytime I had any requests, she was very responsive and flexible. During the actual reception, she was so attentive to the groom and I...I never found myself without food, drinks, etc. I felt like a princess:) The food...amazing! People are still talking about how great the appetizers, meals, chocolate fountain was. I'm not sure how they are able to prepare GOURMET meals for that number of people...and I work in the foodservice industry! Mike, the DJ, was awesome as well. We had a band and he was flexible enough to work around the band schedule...there was never a time that the guests weren't dancing. I've already made reservations to stay at the Henlopen hotel on our first anniversary and I'm hoping to be able to spy on another wedding that night:) Have no doubt if you are considering...I wouldn't change a thing. The night went off without a hitch! Dawn...I can't thank you enough for making my wedding my dream night!! AMAZING!!! EVERYTHING!!!

Sent on 04/30/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 11/03/2012

Dawn and David and all of the Salero staff helped to make our wedding reception more wonderful than we could have ever imagined! Dawn was incredibly easy to work with, and she kept everything running smoothly throughout the reception without ever being intrusive. The venue is beautiful and the views of the beach are absolutely breathtaking. The food was DELICIOUS! Our guests are still telling us how great the food was several months later! I would definitely recommend the bacon wrapped scallops and the crab cakes and the sweet potatoes - everything was so tasty! DJ Mike was awesome - he incorporated our suggestions and kept everyone dancing all night long. The layout in Salero allows for great flow throughout the evening. I would highly recommend Salero to anyone who is considering a reception in Rehoboth. It was everything we could have hoped for and more! We are so grateful to Dawn and David and their staff for making our wedding reception such a memorable, low-stress, and amazingly fun event!

Sent on 03/19/2013

Katie · Married on 10/27/2012

Salero made planning my wedding easy and fun. I did not have to worry about a thing on my wedding day! Dawn and the entire staff know exactly what they are doing and make the event fun. Salero is the best venue for a wedding celebration, hands down!!

Sent on 03/10/2013

Tara · Married on 10/07/2012

Salero was absolutely amazing and a wonderful venue. My guests had so much fun, the food was perfect, and Dawn was a pleasure to work with. HIGHLY recommended!

Sent on 03/08/2013

Melissa · Married on 09/30/2012

Great customer service.
    Staff was really on point the day of our ceremony. They made sure everything ran smoothly.
    It was such a relief to leave everything in their hands.
    They took care of everything we needed!

Sent on 04/15/2013

Danielle · Married on 09/29/2012

The first thing my new husband said tome the day after our wedding was, "we could not have picked a better place for the wedding/reception". It sounds weird, but all of our dreams came to life at the Salero and I can't think of anything to change. Down makes planning sy and is full of helpful planning tips. The food was better than anything I could dream about!!! The taste test was a fun part of planning bc it gave us a chance to try foods we hadn't thought about for our menu. It is now 6 months after the wedding and people are still talking about the great food. The music was perfect, DJ Mike kept all the guests up and moving. Dawn made me the type A bride able to relax and rest assured the night would run smoothly. The view was the first thing too hook us and it didn't let down. Dawn was so great and I know we will maintain a friendship through the years. The Salero will always have a special place in our hearts.

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2012

Dawn, DJ Mike, and the Salerno staff was amazing. When I was every little I always wanted to be married on the beach! Dawn was always so helpful even with questions she wasn't required to know! She's very fun, out going, and I felt she really cared about our wedding. The set up was beautiful, the staff was very nice, and my reception couldn't have been better. Dawn will take the best care of you, and really make your dream wedding/reception happen. Thanks so much Dawn and your amazing facility. I would recommend you to anyone!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Julie · Married on 09/09/2012

Salero was amazing!! It seriously was the venue of my dreams! Everything was perfect! We had the most amazing wedding thanks to Salero. Dawn is unbelievable. She takes care of everything and gives you nothing to worry about!

Sent on 12/02/2012

Katie · Married on 09/08/2012

Salero is awesome! My wedding was perfect, I couldn't have ask for anything better! Dawn, DJ Mike, and all of the staff were amazing! My guest are still raving about the food! I had a wonderful wedding experience, from beginning to end!

Sent on 03/17/2013

Jenna · Married on 08/18/2012

We got married in August 2012 at Salero and everything was amazing. We wanted our wedding to be relaxed and fun, but also beautiful and chic and all the things you want your wedding to be. Choosing Salero on the Beach was the best decision we made. Once we booked our venue, everything else fell into place. Dawn and her staff are wonderful and professional; Dawn helped guide us through the decision-making process by suggesting photographers, ceremony musicians, and others who have worked with Salero. (Dawn also managed to keep me calm the night of our rehearsal dinner, when I had a little bridal meltdown. She is so friendly and knows the business inside and out). We decided on a cocktail reception, with passed hor d'oeuvres and stations, as we wanted a party atmosphere and that's exactly what we got. Salero's in-house DJ, Mike, is great - he kept our guests dancing all night long. The food is excellent. The bartenders kept the drinks flowing. The views of the ocean are gorgeous. I just can't say how much we loved having our wedding at Salero and our guests are still raving about our wedding, almost seven months later!

Sent on 02/28/2013

Kathi · Married on 08/10/2012

Dawn at salero was amazing! She made our wedding reception perfect with her incredible attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to make recommendations that I would not have have thought of! The room at Salero is set up perfectly with a dining area with an incredible view, a great dance floor, and a large bar and after dinner table area that makes the flow of the evening relaxed and comfortable. The dj at Salero, Mike, did a fantastic job! The dance floor was packed all night! The food was incredible with plentiful passed appetizers and generously portioned delicious dinners. Every guest when leaving said it was the best wedding reception they had ever attended! I can't thank Dawn and her staff enough!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Briana · Married on 08/03/2012

Well its been over nine months and I am finally getting around to reviewing Dawn and her staff. This should have been done the night of the wedding because it was so phenomenal. I was very much a DIY bride, a total control freak and expressed my concern with relinquishing control over to Dawn to which she replied, "I've got this". And she sure did. Not only is it one of the most beautiful venues in southern Delaware, but the food was amazing, the service was incredible, the dj was "bumpin" and the drinks were delicious. I could never express enough gratitude to Dawn or her staff for everything they did for us. Our wedding went from a day we'd never forget to memories that we speak of often. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Christopher · Married on 07/20/2012

The Salero was an amazing place to get married for multiple reasons. Here are a few that I found to be most important: (1) They can facilitate your ceremony on the beach with chairs and a PA system if you want. (2) If it is raining, they will wait up until an hour and a half for a break in the rain after the planned start of your ceremony, and you still get your total amount of reception time regardless if you start late. (3) The FOOD was absolutely incredible, not an exaggeration. I recommend the shrimp cocktail and the tuna seaweed spoons for appetizers. You get more than that, but they were my two favorite apps. (4) The venue comes with a DJ who will play EXACTLY what you want if you let him know when he emails you a couple of weeks prior to the wedding (He'll download anything you want if he doesn't have it). He can also transition from one song to another without a break. (5) The Salero is classy, clean, and crisp. Also, the view from the venue is beautiful. It's on the 8th floor and is oceanfront. (6) Dawn, the owner/coordinator, is very professional, flexible, and nice. (7) The Salero uses good liquor i.e. Beefeater, Three Olives, etc. and serves good beer. (8) It's reasonably priced while still maintaining class.

Sent on 08/27/2012

Erin · Married on 07/15/2012

The best decision we made regarding our wedding was having it at Salero. Stress-free for the bride and groom and tons of fun for the guests! Our friends and family still talk about the delicious food, great music, and professionalism of everyone who makes the day special!

Sent on 04/02/2013

Lauren · Married on 07/07/2012

The views alone make Salero the top choice to get married on the Delaware beaches. But Dawn and her staff don't stop there! The food was amazing and the service provided was above and beyond. From making sure everything went as smoothly as possible to giving excellent recommendations on all my other vendors, the five stars are not an exaggeration! You won't regret choosing the Salero for your special day!

Susan · Married on 06/23/2012

If you are looking for the perfect venue for your beach wedding...if you are looking for a great menu selection and food quality...if you are looking for a one stop shop...Salero is the place. My husband and I got married on Saturday night at Salero. From the moment we met Dawn, we knew we were in capable professional hands. She did everything she said she would do and did it TOP NOTCH. The staff was attentive and friendly. Mike the DJ was awesome. He totally listened to our requests for music selections and showed great flexibility. Everyone was up on the dance floor all night long because his mix of music was perfect.
    Dawn also set up our chairs on the beach.
    Our wedding was perfect!!!

Sent on 06/29/2012

Katy · Married on 06/09/2012

I think it's quite telling about the quality of this venue when there's basically not one negative review associated with it! My husband and I picked Salero for a few reasons... one being that the view was breathtaking and after seeing it for the first time, you really can't imagine NOT having your reception there. Another key reason was Dawn herself. We liked her immediately, she was so laidback and really seemed to know her stuff! You can tell the personal relationships she has with her brides just by the fact they all give Salero 5 stars! Ours was a pretty big wedding and wedding party but Dawn was very accomodating and never made me feel silly for asking so many questions. DJ Mike was fabulous and really just catered to everything we needed when it came to our music (for the ceremony and the reception.) Hands-down, probably the best pick for a wedding venue in the area!

Jenna · Married on 06/02/2012

I could not have been more happy with my experience with Dawn and Salero. Dawn was responsive whenever I had questions and made the planning process simple and stress free. Dawn's day of management of the reception was flawless. I loved that the DJ was included with the package, and was thrilled with his performance as well. The food and bar were both wonderful and many of my guests said it was the best wedding they had ever attended. I would highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 03/04/2013