38 Reviews for Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Glassware (1)
Parking (1)

We love this place! It was a really nice place for our guests to stay to be close to our wedding venue. Having the pub downstairs was perfect for gathering everyone together the night before the wedding. I booked the biggest suite they had for myself. It was the perfect place to get ready with all my girls and my hair and makeup team, and it was perfect later for my new hubby and I!
Everyone from the front desk clerks, to the bartender at the pub, and the concierge were so nice and accommodating. They took care of some last minute details that I had overlooked in my wedding planning haze, like meals for the day of! I had breakfast sent up and later we had champagne and mimosas with sandwiches sent up for the girls and I when we were getting glammed up. Ryan was so helpful especially. My hairdresser needed some taller chairs brought up so she could have us at a better height and Ryan brought them right up. We had an excellent experience here!

Profile Picture Kerri, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor, Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Plated

I cannot say enough good things about Salem Waterfront Hotel. Our wedding this past weekend was the best day EVER and it was all thanks to Caitlyn and everyone else at the hotel.

First, they were so easy to work with, very responsive and flexible. They made sure we got exactly what we wanted and adapted their packages to fit our wishes. Not to mention, they did so at a great price we were comfortable with. The planning and tasting could not have been smoother.

When the weekend arrived, we had our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on Friday at the hotel in the Regatta Pub. The food was so delicious (italian buffet), the bartenders and waitstaff were friendly, fun, and excited for us. Everyone complimented this welcome event.

On the day of the wedding, Caitlyn was there for me, my husband, the bridal party, and our family every step of the way - we didn't have to worry about a thing. The hotel rooms were beautiful and spacious for us to get ready in and the room service was awesome. The ceremony went off without a hitch and afterward my husband and I had time to relax in the pub and Caitlyn delivered us our own tray of appetizers (scallops wrapped in bacon were out of this world) and drinks so we could regroup for the reception. When we walked into the reception I was SO happy with the way they set up all the decor and made everything look exactly as I had imagined and wanted. Lastly, the food was AMAZING. We went with the filet and baked haddock and everyone gave compliments on how it turned out.

It truly was the best day and I am so happy we chose to have our wedding at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. Thank you so much again to Caitlyn and all the staff at the hotel and in the Pub. We can't wait to come back for our anniversary!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 11/26/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently had a room block here for my nearby wedding and they were very easy to work with! Very pleased with the service we were given. I often emailed with questions and every time my Sales Consultant, Caitlyn, replied in a timely and pleasant manner. Great customer service here! All our of our out of town guests enjoyed their stay.

We had also toured the hotel as a possible wedding venue, and although we decided to go with another venue, the SWH was willing to work with us on price, which is very appreciated and not often experienced when wedding venue shopping in the area. I'm sure a wedding here would have been lovely as well.

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/5/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at here in May 2016 and it was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better location or coordinator. Caitlyn Ward was my coordinator and she made sure everything went exactly as planned and I wasn't stressed about anything leading up to the wedding.

The food at the venue was amazing- we had the filet mignon and chicken saltimbocca with clam chowder and caesar salad as starters. Our guests raved about the filet mignon and I've personally never had better clam chowder!

The location of the hotel is great because it's walking distance from all the attractions in Salem. We had many out of town guests who stayed for the weekend.

Profile Picture Emma, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect in planning a wedding, and three days after our wonderful day, I can not express enough thanks for the staff and venue at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all on site, as well as about 52 rooms for our guests over the weekend. The staff was wonderful and very diligent about making sure all of our wishes were taken care of. Caitlyn Ward is hands down one of the most personable, organized day of coordinators. She took care of every detail, and the details we didn't care about, she simply gave us hints of what she would do. She was amazing. Caitlyn worked with us for an entire year, and never made us feel as if we were asking too much. Our guests all commented on the food, especially the clam chowder and the spring rolls. Kevin, our fun and fantastic bartender, took care of us not only at the Regatta Pub, but also worked our reception. The only time there was a line at the bar was during the first 15 minutes of cocktail hour, and we had some heavy drinkers at our wedding. Everyone at the front desk was pleasant and willing to help with restaurant recommendations and other sites of Salem since about 90% of our guests were from out of town. Caitlyn, Kevin, and the rest of the staff at Salem Waterfront Hotel made my husband and I feel like we were the most important people. They always remembered us through the year of planning and did everything they could to make sure our day was magical. When we were leaving on Sunday morning, Caitlyn came out to see us off, and Tim gave her a hug and told her we were going to miss her. I reiterated that sentiment and asked if we could still come up and hang out with her. She told us anytime. I would recommend Salem Waterfront to anyone looking for a great full service venue on the North Shore. Its walking distance to a ton of great sites, shopping and restaurants, but most of all they will make you feel like royalty for your big day.

Profile Picture Cherish, 4/23/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Travel, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Chairs, Accommodations, Event Planning, Indoor, Linens

The staff at the Salem Waterfront Hotel helped make our November 2015 wedding amazing!!! We worked with Caitlyn and she was excellent!! She was very attentive to our many questions, she offered great ideas, and was wonderful to work with during the planning! On the day before and the day of the wedding, she was extremely helpful and took care of everything for us! My mother and I designed and brought in most of our decorations and centerpieces, and Caitlyn and the rest of the staff were meticulous in setting everything up exactly the way we had imagined! The waitstaff at the hotel were also excellent - very professional and kind. The food was delicious - our guests talked about it long after the wedding was over! The front desk staff was helpful and our guests enjoyed having a room block at the hotel. We also had a brunch the next morning at the hotel, and the great service continued there too! We are beyond happy with how everything turned out for our wedding reception!! We highly recommend the Salem Waterfront Hotel as an excellent wedding reception venue!

Profile Picture Anna, 11/28/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Linens, Outside Cake, Indoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Chairs

We were married at the SWH on 8/29/15 and every aspect of the planning and the wedding weekend was perfect. The hotel was clean and updated with spacious guest rooms. Robyn (our coordinator) was incredible. She was our wedding expert and made sure that every detail was considered during the planning process and ensured that everything was executed perfectly. Robyn and her crew set everything up beautifully and were incredibly flexible when we wanted to make changes in the flow of our reception. Robyn also took great care of my husband and me (making sure we were happy, ate, and had drinks in hands) during the reception. The food was excellent. The hotel is in the heart of the Salem Waterfront which meant there were a ton of fun things for our out of town guests to do. Some other details that make the SWH standout include the fact that there were no other weddings on the property for our wedding weekend so we were able to start bringing centerpieces, etc. during the week and we weren't required to break the room down at all after the wedding. I would say the only semi- negative aspect of wedding planning was that our guests could not book rooms online with the group code (they had to call) and we weren't able to get enough rooms so some people had to stay elsewhere (although this is more likely related to the fact that our friends procrastinated and didn't book early enough). The outdoor ceremony area has beautiful views but it is very public. This worked well for us as it was close to the hotel and we had a short/casual ceremony but it may not be perfect for everyone. Overall I would strongly recommend the SWH for a reception and accommodations.

Profile Picture Allison, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married in Topsfield but had many out of town guests - we loved Salem for our central location & the Waterfront Hotel was perfect! The rooms were updated, clean and had reasonable rates for peak season. The Bridal suite was perfect size for 8 bridesmaids, MOB & myself to get ready in - I had a hair team of 4 stylists and 2 make up artists. We hosted Welcome Drinks at the Regatta Pub (the outdoor patio was perfect for an August night), the grooms party had breakfast & watched English Premier League soccer there on the morning of the wedding. We also used the hotel for Sunday brunch which was perfect. Would highly recommend for your wedding guests to stay & other wedding weekend options!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Travel, Unique Services (Other)

The Salem Waterfront Hotel and Marina was picture perfect place for my husband and I to be married. Robyn was absolutely fabulous in accomodating our needs and making sure our special day was perfect. I appreciate the professionalism and would recommend the Salem Waterfront for your special day. Thank you ROBYN :)

Profile Picture Tracey , 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was extremely competent and cooperative. Robyn Sheather, Sales Manager, went over and above to meet my every need. We put this wedding together in 4 months and without Robyn's help we would not have been able to find some of the local vendors we needed to help make the day perfect. Robyn even found me a hairdresser to come to the hotel on the day of my wedding to do my hair when the other hairdresser couldn't make it.

I have complete confidence in giving a 5 star rating to this hotel. We made several changes to the normal wedding package. We wanted a more personalized package and they delivered.

The feedback from our guests were they were overwhelmed by the ballroom setting, cocktail hour hors d'oevres which were passed and on tables. When one platter ran out someone was there with another. Service was excellent and food was delicious.

The staff transitioned from the ceremony to the reception in record time. We had a Chuppah for the ceremony and they moved it to the ballroom, so we could have our own private seating. It was beautiful.

There are so many things to do on Pickering Wharf and you can have an outside or inside wedding at Salem Waterfront Hotel and Marina. I highly recommend this to anyone for a small to a large wedding. Go visit it and you will see what I mean.

Profile Picture Sharon, 8/3/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I got married here on May 24, 2014. It was literally the best day of our lives and that had A LOT to do with how wonderful the Salem Waterfront Hotel & Marina staff were (from beginning to end). Everything went so smoothly and our guests cannot stop raving about how beautiful and classy the venue/setup was. I cannot say enough about the Sales Manager Robyn Sheather. The day before our wedding we got a last minute call from our limo company canceling our vehicles (Lynette's limo NEVER use them as they were recently shut down by the Feds). Solve It 7 did a story with us about the situation: http://www.whdh.com/story/27382047/solve-it-7-limo-refund This caused our last minute limo booking to have to end our service an hour earlier than originally planned. We were not taking our photos very far from the hotel, (but it was still far enough for two brides in poofy dresses to not want to walk). Robyn was so observant that she noticed when our limos drove away from the site of the photos. She then instructed the hotel staff to drive over to where we were taking photos and to pick us up in the hotel golf cart to bring us over to the reception. It was so sweet and our photographer caught a great photo of us driving away on the back of the cart. Do not hesitate to have your wedding here. It was worth every penny.

Profile Picture Denae, 5/24/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The hotel was everything we hoped it would be! It was beautiful and had both hotel rooms and a place for both our ceremony and reception! Adrianna was one of the the most amazing parts! She was on top of every detail possible! It made planning a wedding do fun and easy!

Profile Picture Wendy, 5/18/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding reception at the Salem Waterfront Hotel and Marina on April 27th, 2013. We started planning with Adrianna over a year in advance and she made the entire process from start to finish simple and fun. She was very professional, easy going and extremely accommodating to all of our needs, big or small. Our wedding day was perfect from check in on Friday until we left on Sunday. Kelly and the bartending team treated our guests like VIPs at the reception and at the Regatta Pub both nights. I would definitely recommend Salem Waterfront Hotel and Marina for a perfect wedding experience!

Profile Picture Laura, 4/27/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was so lovely. Adrianna was a pleasure to work with on planning my daughters wedding. I would
definitely recommend The Salem Waterfront Hotel for any occasion......Lisa

Profile Picture Lisa, 3/23/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Salem Waterfront Hotel was by far the best venue that my husband and I looked at for our wedding. The decor, location and staff were exactly what we were looking for. Adrianna was an amazing coordinator. She went above and beyond for our wedding. The hotel worked with us to make sure that we had everything we could want for our wedding. The food was incredible. We are still getting compliments now, 8 months after our wedding, on how great the food was. With every wedding there are some small issues that arise, but the hotel staff handled everything professionally and made sure that my husband and I were not stressed out about anything. We truly cannot thank the staff at the Salem Waterfront Hotel enough for making our day special. I would whole heartedly recommend this vendor to anyone for ANY event. Thank you Salem Waterfront Hotel!!

Profile Picture bambina, 11/11/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is the ONLY review you need to read! :) My name is Heidi Marani and I just spent my wedding weekend with 50 guests at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. To put it mildly, I was a PERFECTIONIST BRIDE that needed my 1 million details to all run smoothly. I must have called the Salem Waterfront Hotel no less than 100 times before the wedding with questions and requests for my guest's stay. That is not an exaggerated number - just call and ask for Ryan at the front desk and he can confirm! Everything was PERFECT! When my guests arrived they were greeted with a chef in the lobby making shrimp and pasta! The rooms were impeccably clean and a nice size, the front desk service was friendly, prompt and courteous, and the food was DE - LIC-IOUS! Our guests raved about breakfast, lunch and dinner at The Regatta Bar, and our brunch was plentiful and yummy. Parking for our guests was free which is a nice bonus, and Pickering Wharf is a great location that offered so many great options for our friends to enjoy over the weekend. Whatever we needed, the Salem Waterfront Hotel accomodated quickly and with a smile. As a bride I had so many things to concentrate on and worry about - but I was in great hands at the hotel and would recommend it everyone. My husband and I are frequent travelers and have stayed in hundreds of hotels. We have high standards when traveling and we were elated with the hotel for our wedding weekend. That was our third stay at the hotel in the past year and my husband and I cannot wait to get back for another visit! RAVE REVIEWS FROM THE MARANI'S!

Profile Picture heidi, 5/28/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an amazing night!! We had my daughter’s quinces at the Salem Waterfront. It was a long and stressful planning process, but Rose, Wayne, and the entire staff there were extremely helpful every step of the way!! The food was excellent and the space was perfect!! I can’t say enough how happy we are to have chosen such a great venue. My daughter and her friends can’t stop talking about it. THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture Nick, 8/21/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We reserved a wedding room block at the Salem Waterfront Hotel, plus we hosted a brunch the morning after the wedding at the hotel. We had a very positive experience working with Salem Waterfront. Caitlyn Ward was extremely friendly, professional, and helpful with the planning and logistics. Guests really enjoyed their stay at the hotel. The hotel has a nice, sunny, welcoming feel to it and it’s very conveniently located to all that Salem and the North Shore have to offer. The brunch was in the Compass Room, and it was the perfect way to send off our guests after the wedding. I would recommend Salem Waterfront to anyone looking for rooms for their guests in the Salem area.

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/23/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wedding and Ceremony were beautiful, but the cocktail hour in the pub is too small for over 100 people...

Profile Picture betty, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were extremely pleased with every aspect of our wedding at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. The food was outstanding. All our expectations were met and then some. Our wedding coordinator Adrianna did such a wonderful job. Because of her and every hotel employee we met along the way, we would highly recommend this venue for anyone considering a wedding.

Profile Picture User2521431, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Waterfront hotel was great. Caitlyn did an amazing job and was always very quick to answer my questions for the whole year or more that I worked with her to plan my wedding. The rooms are beautiful and the hotel is only about 10 years old. If you are looking for a venue in Salem MA, this is a great hotel and great location.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/3/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Outside Cake, Accommodations, Event Planning, Chairs

We first looked at the Waterfront because it was an all inclusive package. Cake, venue, food, booze, bartenders, hotel, it took care of such a large chunk of our planning. It also helped that it's a 3 minute walk from our house. Adrianna was our wedding coordinator and she was amazing. She was always on top of every aspect of our wedding and always went above and beyond for us. She did a great job of setting my wife and her mothers mind at ease every time she was getting worked up or overwhelmed with planning. Adrianna was instrumental the day of the wedding, she was running around corralling all the guests getting them where they needed to be. I've had numerous people tell me after the fact that she was bringing them their jacket, keys, hat, tie, misc stuff they had left behind at the cocktail hour which to be honest I find astonishing. Adrianna (Coordinator), Bill (Manager), and Wendy (Bar manager) were all amazing through out the entire planning process.

Profile Picture melissa, 8/31/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Many people choose to come to Salem, MA to get married, and if you are choosing Salem, we highly recommend considering the Salem Waterfront Hotel as your venue. Because of rain, we wound up not only holding our reception there, but our ceremony as well. The staff - everyone from the front desk to the event department to the servers - were amazing, warm and accommodating. The chef went out of his way to create a menu that reflected us: an amazing vegan dish, locally sources/organic beef, and fresh seafood. To this day people are still raving about their food! The room is simple and elegant. We liked that as we felt we could put our touch on it... it also is a perfect size and shaped room - there are no awkward table angles - and the dance floor is the right size. We loved the fact they are a one event at a time hotel - we literally felt like it was our place. Our guests loved their rooms, and our bridal suite was handsome and welcoming after our special day. Thumbs up!

Profile Picture Karen , 5/21/11, 5 Reviews
4.7

The Salem Waterfront Hotel and Marina was a fantastic venue for both my wedding ceremony and reception. Adrianna was a fantastic wedding coordinator and her staff was amazing. All the pre-wedding setup is done by them so the wedding party didn't have to lift a finger to get the reception space ready. The hotel rooms were clean and modern and we received a gift basket in our suite. Our menu was filet, chicken, and veggie with mashed potatoes and veggies and all the food came out amazing! I'm still getting complements today! We also held a brunch the next morning for guests staying at the hotel but afterwards, I feel they rushed us out and we still had to check out so some important items were left behind.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/10/12, 5 Reviews