Salem Cross Inn Reviews

148 | West Brookfield, MA

148 Reviews for Salem Cross Inn

Lori · Married on 08/03/2018

I don’t even know where to begin with this review!!!! Our wedding day on Friday was beyond everything we hoped it would be and Donna and Nancy helped make it amazing!!! As a bride you worry how the flow of the day would go and how the set up would turn out well it was stunning and amazing, my decor was beautifully displayed because of them...they made my day seamless in every way!! They were so personable and caring and I miss working with them already and it’s Only been 2 days lol...my sister in law had her wedding there 23 years ago needless to say this venue is sentimental:) The venue itself has so much charm and had so much rustic elegance I just love....We were nervous about the weather the start of the day but with many prays it held out and couldn’t of been more perfect!!! If you haven’t found a venue yet I highly, undoubtedly recommend Salem Cross Inn, you won’t regret it, we sure don’t:-)

Sent on 08/05/2018

Deborah · Married on 08/03/2018

A big Thank You to Donna and Nancy for everything you did to make Luke and Lori’s day so perfect. I think that sometimes people don’t realize how fortunate we are to have such a wonderful venue in our backyard. So unique and beautiful and service was excellent.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Kasia · Married on 07/07/2018

We really loved this venue and the staff were great. A few of our photos came back and we are thrilled with how the landscape and architectural details look. Our guests really enjoyed the experience as well, as many of them came from out of state and were able to enjoy a colonial New England setting. We highly recommend Salem Cross Inn and the staff, especially Nancy and Donna, who helped us with out preparations.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Alicia · Married on 06/30/2018

We Got Married at the Salem Cross Inn on June 30th 2018. It Was The Perfect Day. Donna and Nancy Are so Kindhearted and where extreamly professional and helpful from day one. The Food Was amazing! We Had Fireplace Roasted Prime Rib and The Maple Jack Chicken. Everyone was Raving about the food during the reception. Donna & Nancy also recommended a great DJ and the perfect justice of the peace/wedding coordinator so everything went so smooth and stressfree. I Will recommend the Salem Cross Inn to everyone looking for perfect wedding venue. It Was Very affordable! (& this is coming from a women with 5 kids under the age of 10 that just came off Unpaid Maternity leave) We also use the Salem Cross Inn for rehearsal dinner where we had hands-down the best chicken Pot pie. So delicious! I also chose to have them make my wedding cake which was a chocolate mousse cake let's just say the top tier of the cake didn't make it to the freezer straight to my belly it went! A chocolate lovers dream cake! I cannot say enough good things about this venue, the staff , how my wedding turned out or the great Experience I've had. This is the place to make your dream wedding come true!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Sam · Married on 06/29/2018

My husband and I had a wonderful wedding at this site. Both Donna and Nancy were very friendly and professional; it was a pleasure to have them work with us. We had our ceremony their as well and we hired Paula Roberts to coordinate, as suggested by Donna/Nancy; This was very good advise and the day went very smoothly! Anytime I had a question I would email them, and they would call me with answers not long after! I would recommend using this venue 100%!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Tony · Married on 06/10/2018

Our wedding at Salem Cross Inn was perfection. The meadow and barn are gorgeous. We had so many comments from our guests on the beautiful space. The service was impeccable, and the food (especially the baked honey dijon salmon) was so tasty. We can't say enough great things about Salem Cross. Nancy and her staff went above and beyond. They're very organized, no-nonsense kind of folks - we were in very good hands. We also liked that we felt we got great value from the venue, and Salem Cross did not nickel and dime us. They don't receive referral fees for recommending vendors; instead, they simply recommend who they've liked working there in the past. Their recommendations worked out perfectly for us. We didn't have to worry about a single thing on our wedding day, and highly recommend Salem Cross for an authentic, rustic barn wedding experience.

We worked with Barry for our flowers. Barry was also incredible, and we highly, highly recommend using him as your florist. Barry brought our vision to life. He was extremely organized and had everything prepared day of when we arrived. He even went above what we requested... since he had extra eucalyptus and other flowers, he added other flower decor to other parts of the room which were wonderful and perfectly in line with our taste. Barry also priced his services very competitively.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Niamh · Married on 06/03/2018

My wedding went exactly as I had requested things to go. Everyone there could not have been more helpful! Donna and Nancy were fantastic and made the planning process very easy. The day of, went off without a hitch. They were very accommodating to all of my and my husband's requests. Couldn't have asked for better!

Sent on 06/05/2018
  • Mrs. Sponge

Shauna · Married on 04/27/2018

We knew when we booked the Salem Cross Inn that it was beautiful and the food was amazing, but we never realized how amazing they would make our wedding day! The food was amazing, the service was amazing. The cake made by Donna was delicious! They were very organized and with their years of experience hosting weddings made it so easy to set up the timeline of the night and it went perfectly that day. We worked mostly with Donna during planning and she was great. She responded to emails quickly, and called was written communication was not as effective. I am so glad we went with the Salem Cross Inn as our wedding venue.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/07/2018

Salem Cross Inn was wonderful- they were easy to work with, flexible and made our day absolutely amazing. The venue is beautiful and rustic, and the pictures came out fantastic. The service was great, the food was delicious and the day went so smooth and was just perfect. A big thank you to Donna for everything she did for us! We highly recommend Salem Cross Inn!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Corinne · Married on 10/29/2017

Thank you Salem Cross Inn for making our daughters wedding & reception an outstanding event! Guests are still mentioning the fire roasted prime rib, done to perfection, roasted in sight at the fireplace. Nancy, you and your caring staff helped keep our wedding party organized and stress free, allowing everyone to enjoy the celebration. Thumbs-up to Salem Cross Inn!!!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Amy · Married on 10/26/2017

I was recently married end of October this year. I get goose bumps thinking about how special my day turned out. Every bride wants the fairytale wedding. I know I achieved mine!! It was harder to plan than most since I was in California, 3000 miles away. Nancy and Donna were so accommodating every step of the way; from my special lobster dinner, last minute inside accommodations from the lucky rain, all the way to my confusing seating charts. The food was out of this world. I have received praise from all the guests that this was the best food and wedding they have ever been to. I would recommend this venue again and again. Thank you Salem Cross for making my day so special!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Susan · Married on 10/13/2017

An amazing and outstanding venue! Donna, Nancy, and the entire staff were super organized and made the wedding go flawlessly! Our guests commented to us how fantastic the food and whole experience was. Many told us this was the best wedding they ever went to. Not to mention, Donna's cake was to die for! This place is the best ... you won't be dissappointed!

Sent on 07/10/2018

I was at all times treated with respect and my wishes were honored. The owner and the woman who helps her with wedding planning met with me personally and were responsive to my questions and requests. They pointed me to a great package deal for our wedding and directed me to the best room venue for the number of guests I'd have. They provided me with a list of vendors they recommend and this made it so much less stressful to select a photographer and florist and limousine driver. On our wedding day, they welcomed us and brought us to a room where we could have pictures taken. The outside grounds were beautiful -- one of the top reasons we chose this restaurant for the reception -- and made for fantastic photos even though it was a rainy, windy day. The waitstaff were friendly yet professional. The bartender was very efficient. The food was delicious. I recommend this restaurant unreservedly. They even provide a space to have the wedding ceremony if you'd like.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2017

Wow! I had my dream wedding here at the Salem Cross Inn. I cannot even express how happy my husband and I are with the Salem Cross Inn. From our first visit at the venue to our wedding day everything has been perfect, easy, and fun.
    First of all the venue is absolutely breathtaking, from the rolling hills and beautiful tree line to the rustic historical barn, everything you could ever want is here. The Salem Cross Inn is always very well kept and keeps the history of this property alive, and you can really see how much the staff truly love this venue.
    Second, Donna and Nancy are absolutely the best people in the world, they know EVERYTHING about weddings. They are always available to answer any questions you have and are happy to answer them and help, trust me I called them many many times and every single time I spoke with them I got a clear answer and a smile on my face. Nancy and Donna will do everything in their power to make sure your day is perfect and just how you want it, they are very open to ideas and will always accommodate if able. They give you clear guidelines on how to do certain things which really helps take some stress away from planning. The great thing is that on many of my other venue tours I just felt like "another bride", here at the Salem Cross Inn I really felt like Donna and Nancy cared about my wedding even though they had hundreds of other weddings going on. They also are very very prepared, during my reception my bustle got torn and guess who came to my rescue and spent the time safety pinning my dress back up?? Yep, it was Donna and Nancy. I can't say enough about these women and how they helped make my perfect wedding come true.
    The food is amazing and to die for. They also provide you with a preferred vendor list and Barry and Paula Roberts are a must have!!!
    I had the best day of my life at the Salem Cross Inn, the whole experience was perfect and I am so happy we went with this venue. You cannot ask for a better place.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Larry · Married on 10/06/2017

This was the most outstanding place to have our wedding, everything from the wedding coordinator, the scenic location, the facility and the food were top notch, it was absolutely outstanding, many attendees said this was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended.

Sent on 10/09/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/06/2017

It only took one visit for Salem Cross Inn to become my dream wedding venue! Me and my wife were married early October of this year. Most of our wedding guests commented that it was the most fun wedding they had been to! The ceremony was beautiful, outside at the gazebo, and the landscape and garden made for beautiful photos. The food and cake were amazing, and we had so much fun serving the apple pie! We couldn’t have asked for better hosts than Nancy and Donna, who granted all of our requests along the way, and who made the wedding weekend run smoothly. We highly recommend Salem Cross Inn for your ceremony and reception!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Nancy · Married on 09/30/2017

I can't say enough about how wonderful Salem Cross Inn is for a wedding! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. We were married at the end of September, the beauty of the landscape made our photos phenomenal! The homemade food was delicious, my guests are still commenting to me how much they enjoyed the meal. The rustic charm of the Inn is exactly what my husband and I were looking for when planning both our ceremony and reception. Also, Nancy and Donna are so friendly, helpful and flexible, they made the planning of our special day, very stress free! I highly recommend Salem Cross Inn and we will be returning every anniversary!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Michele · Married on 09/16/2017

Salem Cross was the perfect venue for our daughters wedding! We were made to feel welcome and throughout the planning stage you were always so helpful (Donna and Nancy). It felt as if my daughter's big day was as important to you as it was for us and that you would do everything possible to meet any requirements.. Salem Cross is such a beautiful place, and the service and food on the day could not have been better - guests raved. Thank you to Barry Mongeon for creating such beautiful flower arrangements. We had a fantastic day and Salem Cross and everyone there will always have a special place in our memories. Thank you Barry, Donna, Martha and Nancy and the rest of the staff.
    Michele M. - mother-of-the-bride

Sent on 09/23/2017

Tammi · Married on 09/08/2017

Our daughter was married at Salem Cross Inn on September 8, 2017 and it was amazing. Nancy, Donna and the entire staff helped us from the planning for the last year to the day of the wedding. Food was fantastic and so was the service. They absolutely made our daughter's dream wedding come true. Many, many thanks to Nancy, Donna and the staff - you are the best!!!!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Lainey · Married on 09/01/2017

First off, Donna and Nancy were beyond wonderful to work with. Their expertise and knowledge put me at ease and they answered all questions quickly. They provided a list of local vendors to team up with and made it that much easier as someone planning out of state. On top of a beautiful location, the food was so incredible!! Our wedding cake was delicious and I am already looking forward to that piece a year from now. The waitstaff were great as well. Such a picturesque place, I can't recommend Salem Cross Inn enough for anyone looking to plan their big day. The perfect rustic, outdoor/barn venue.

Sent on 09/11/2017

John · Married on 08/18/2017

A few weeks after our daughters wedding......we could not be happier. To Donna and The complete staff, THANK YOU!! The venue and grounds were amazing. All who attended and we have talked too are a happy as we are. The venue and food always gets 5 stars from everyone. Your list of vendors you recommended for DJ, photography, busing all good. Paula the wedding coordinator was a big assist throughout the process. In all we have to say that they are professionals in knowing what it takes to make that SPECIAL DAY GREAT. The Huckleberry Lemonade drinks are highly recommended. We had the rehearsal dinner there too and a few lunches in the process. All too a positive review. We can't wait to visit again

John and Jill

Sent on 09/03/2017

Kelly · Married on 07/21/2017

My husband and I just got married at the Salem Cross Inn in July. Everything was perfect! The venue and scenery were beautiful and rustic just like what we were looking for. This venue is also very reasonably priced. We had around 160 people attend and there was plenty of room for dancing and socializing. Planning the wedding and everything the day of the wedding went so smoothly that I was actually very calm and not at all stressed which was definitely due to all the help Nancy, Donna, and everyone at the Inn gave us. The food and service could not have been better and we are so happy with how our day came out. Everyone had such a great time! We would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Jillian · Married on 07/14/2017

We had a “dream come true” wedding at Salem Cross Inn with the help of Nancy and Donna. They were highly professional but I could tell they cared deeply about our happiness and they were invested in our day. We had asked if we could come in early as I had done a lot of DIY decor and they were very accommodating. We also requested a naked cake and chose to add berries and they made this happen for us. The venue speaks for itself. It has a colonial, barn-style, farm feel and everything is kept in pristine condition and so clean! The bridal suite was perfect and comfortable and my girls and I really enjoyed getting ready here. The food is outstanding! We upgraded to the prime rib for one of our options and we have heard rave reviews. Start to finish, I cannot say enough about our experience here. There was a chance of rain on our day which could make any bride very testy and they were so kind and supportive throughout. Thank you Nancy and Donna! Nick and I wouldn’t change a thing.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Allyson · Married on 06/30/2017

Our wedding at Salem Cross could not have been more magical!! From the moment we arrived for our first visit we knew this was our place. We truly had the best day and night of our lives. Donna was amazing to work with and we are so grateful to her for all she did to help make our day what it was. The food was outstanding, the cupcakes were even better than we when we tried them for our food tasting. The fact that we didn't need to worry about bringing centerpieces or additional decorations set our minds (and budget) at ease because it could not have been more beautifully decorated. Donna and Nancy recommended Paula for our ceremony coordinator and Barry for our flowers, and they were invaluable to us. If you get married here, you can trust that no one will handle your flowers more beautifully than Barry! We are still hearing from our friends and family how amazing the food and atmosphere is and we've been recommending it to engaged friends since! My husband and I couldn't have been happier with Salem Cross and we are already talking about renewing our vows here down the road. Thank you Donna, Nancy, and Salem Cross for the perfect wedding experience!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Caleigh · Married on 06/24/2017

We first heard about the Salem Cross Inn from my then future mother-in-law, and we happened to pass by it while driving a few days later. We saw the chairs lined up for a wedding that must have been the night before, and seeing everything set up totally sold us! I fell in love with the picturesque property on the spot, and when we met Donna and Nancy, we felt even more confident! We bonded immediately over our shared love of JFK, and they are absolute pros, with a world of expertise about all the little details that made every aspect of our wedding run smoothly! They checked in with us periodically to finalize details, and they were so patient and gracious when my mum and I would stop in occasionally to ask questions and get clarification on different things! Their knowledge and input was invaluable, the ceremony and reception ran like a dream, and the food was incredible! They took care of lovely little details, from seating the parents with optimal views during the reception, to going over all the little reception accessories we brought so they'd be in the perfect spot, to sending the passed hors d'oevres to the bridal party while we were taking photos, to making sure the little frames at the cocktail tables were moved in and displayed around the barn for the reception! I just found out that they saved the top layer of our cake for us to enjoy on our first anniversary! We were so happy with our experience at the Salem Cross Inn, and we've heard all kinds of rave reviews from all of our guests about the excellent pacing of the event, the great service, and the delicious food! Would definitely recommend to other couples again and again!

Sent on 08/02/2017