24 Reviews for Sail Selina II, St. Michaels

Uncovered Outdoor (1)

Perfect day all around! Beautiful scenery & beautiful boat. The most romantic setting for a wedding. Captain Iris made this fairy tale wedding come true. Could not belive how reasonable the price was...the adage you get what you pay for is wrong in this case!! We got so much more than we paid for..a special way to celebrate our special day. The Salina II is an excellent choice for wedding or Anniversary...we will definitely be celebrating anniversaries aboard this beautiful boat.

Profile Picture Robin, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We eloped in May 2016 and we're so glad we chose the Sail Selina for our big day. Captain Iris is amazing and so is her deckhand. They both went above and beyond to make our day a special one!

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/14/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Captain Iris was the PERFECT choice for our marriage/elopement to St. Michaels. She is extremely professional, responsive, caring, and so easy to work with. She made our cermony so personalized - the perfect wedding - we couldn't have asked for more, it was as if she had known us forever! She is very well connected on the Eastern Shore and can assist in details and arrangements for suppliers to fulfil your every dream. Anyone looking for that perfect small intimate destination wedding stateside - St. Michaels, Captain Iris, and Selina is it!!!!

Profile Picture Lori, 3/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Captain Iris and her wonderful crew were amazing from the start to finish of my daughter's wedding. Captain Iris was enthusiastic and helped me to plan a perfect day for my daughter and her partner . From the flowers to the cake to the music - she helped us plan very step of the way! The ceremony was gorgeous and Captain Iris provided just the right words! The Selina 2 was lovely and the setting made for an extremely memorable and romantic wedding. We were so fortunate to have found Captain Iris!

Profile Picture Donna, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The most amazing "low-key" wedding we could have asked for! Romantic, intimate ceremony on the water with our closest family members. The ceremony was dockside so that all family could watch (more than just the 6 allowed on the boat), followed by a champagne toast for all, and then my husband and I took a one-hour private sail before meeting our guests at a nearby restaurant for the dinner reception! Captain Iris and her first mate were so professional and fun. They took a few hundred photos for us with our camera, which turned out amazing! Our ceremony was customized to our liking, and was honestly so beautiful and spiritual as well. Capt Iris did an amazing job as an officiant; it was as if she personally knew us and knew how important family, faith, and love is to us! Book your wedding on the Selina and you will not be disappointed one bit! Best value around and a really great alternative to a courthouse wedding. Beautiful boat and setting on the water!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Captain Iris performed an amazing elopement service for us, while keeping us laughing and smiling! Every detail of our wedding was absolutely perfect! My husband was a tad nervous and Captain Iris and Frank were such a calming delight! The best part, we can spend every anniversary on the beautiful Selina! Thank you so, so much!!

Profile Picture lisa, 6/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would highly recommend the Selina II sailboat as a wedding venue. On the practical side, it is reasonably priced, while on the memorable side, it provided a great setting for a small, intimate, and romantic wedding - one where you can commune with nature by hearing the sounds of the Miles River lapping against the boat and the sound of seagulls flying overhead as you are saying your vows. In addition, Captain Iris is a delight. Indeed, she is a truly unique and caring individual who provides her officiant services with grace, and yet has the strength to manuever the sailboat, along with her first mate, with ease. She helped us plan a wedding that spoke to our hearts and was originally ours. We both had the best day of our lives and are so happy that we chose the Selina II for our wedding. Hope to recreate the magic by spending our first anniversary on a sunset champagne cruise aboard the Selina II.

Profile Picture User5171541, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our daughters were married on the Selina II, the whole experience was wonderful . Capt. Iris and her 1st mate were the best. I would recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding?

Profile Picture Toni, 10/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake

My daughter and her wife got married aboard this beautiful sailboat and I can truly say that I have never seen a more beautiful wedding!!! Captain Iris and her First Mate Frank are absolutely all about making the day special, She has a bubbly, vivacious personalilty and Frank is like a wonder man, making sure the boat runs smooth and that the beautiful sail goes up perfectly and on top of that, he is a super photographer!!! Our entire family was enchanted and delighted with the entire experience!!! If you want a beautiful, special wedding that you will never ever forget, this is the wedding of your dreams!! We thank you both Captain Iris and Frank for going out of your way to make "our" dream wedding a reality from the bottom of our hearts!! Simply amazing!!! Thank you!!! Lori and Brandi's Mom....Maria Parker

Profile Picture Maria, 10/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was absolutely the greatest day of my life and I would not have changed a thing! Captain Iris and her first mate were incredible. Captain Itis handled everything for us and we just had to show up and enjoy our day.

Profile Picture Brandi, 10/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Captain Iris:
Your pictures and videos are fantastic! Julie, Dylan, Beth and I are all thrilled with the number, the quality and the significance of the pictures. All of us choked up on the video of the ceremony and the ringing of the bell.
I can't really find the words to tell you how much we appreciate all that you have done.

Jim and Beth

Profile Picture User4440480, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

Captian Iris was just fabulous. She is definately one of the reasons our day went so beautifully. She has a great energy and treats you as if you were the only people in St Michaels. We even lost our marriage certificate after the ceremony. Since we live in PA, it was quite a pain to get another one from the courthouse, have Captain Iris sign it again, and leave for home. She met us in a gas station parking lot to sign the new certificate! From the very beginning she guides you through your ceremony, gives suggestions and inforation to create your own vows. The boat is absolutely stunning and her first mate was top notch. We even got a free delicious cake for booking early! I would recommend Captian Iris and the Sail Selina II to everyone, whether for a big event or casual sail. Can't beat it!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 9/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Wedding Planning

Captain Iris was awesome! From the first moment I spoke to her, about weddings in Maryland, I got the feeling that I had known her my entire life and she was a close friend helping me plan my wedding. I don't recall how many emails we shared in the month leading up to our wedding. She was most helpful with arranging the cake and suggesting a florist. Captain Iris drafted our ceremony and emailed us the draft for review. We put our own written twist into our wedding with her written words. Greeted with hugs on our wedding day as if we were old friends. Captain Iris let us bring on board a special bottle of Scotch for our wedding toast. We used our own glasses, while our guests used her flutes. We had a unique sand ceremony as well as a flower ceremony for our parents. Even though all of this was discussed ahead of time with Captain Iris, performing both were done in a manner that made this special for us; right down to our kiss. Captain Iris is a very interesting person and her knowledge of the Miles River, the Selina II and sailing in general added to the trip. Our wedding was very affordable for us and all it offered. The memories, priceless! If I had to plan our wedding all over again, the only thing I regretted was not reserving the boat for an additional time period afterwards so we could enjoy the water and the sail. I was too nervous and emotional during the ceremony to really get into the spirit of the sail....but, plans are already being made to go back next year near our one year anniversary. I would most certainly recommend the Selina II and Captain Iris to anyone wishing to get married in a unique manner and on the water. We have been blessed by the experience and having Captain Iris perform our ceremony. We will also feel a special kindredship with her!

Profile Picture Dee, 8/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Cake

Captain Iris was awesome!! We had such a wonderful intimate wedding thanks to her!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

A NAUTICAL WEDDING VENUE!

We booked an afternoon in July and had BEAUTIFUL weather for our sail. The wind was nice but not too strong, the temperature was great, and the sky was cloudless.

Captain Iris and First Mate John were great hosts, very personable, and full of information about the Bay, the history of St. Michael’s, the various other boats on the Bay, etc. Captain Iris has loads of experience sailing this gorgeous yacht that has been in her family for many generations, and handled the boat masterfully. We weren't the least bit concerned about our safety.

The 41’ 6 “ foot boat was perfect for six people, and especially since we were all friends. Captain Iris is expanding her business into elopements and weddings, so we had much in common as all those aboard were dedicated wedding professionals.

Profile Picture User4275283, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I recently got married on the Selina II. We live in Texas and, after a lot of RESEARCH into different ideas, we decided on the trip to Saint MIchaels, Maryland. I don't think I have know enough words to be able to express our happiness with the whole experience. Captain Iris was amazing and delivered 100% on what she promised. She and her crew went above and beyond to make sure that everything went smoothly. We are more than happy to provide a 5 star rating. We will definitely go back.

Profile Picture Donald, 7/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding aboard the Selina ll was exactly what we had hoped it would be. Captain Iris was a joy to work with, before and during the ceremony. St. Michaels offered a lovely setting and we had a perfect day. We wouldn't change one thing! If you want the perfect, romantic, memorable wedding you've always dreamed of...have your ceremony aboard the Selina ll.

Profile Picture Shari, 7/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The service and experience we received from Captain Iris and the Selina II were beyond any expectations we could have possibly had. The Selina II as a venue created a unique and breathtaking experience for both us and our guests. Captain Iris made the process seamless, she helped us every step of the way, and made what we thought would be a daunting process- easy. We were initially reluctant doing a destination wedding, (driving up from Richmond, Va) but so glad that we did. If you're looking for the best of all worlds, I'd recommend choosing the Selina II for your wedding. Between the Selina II's rich history, helpful crew, gorgeous views of the Chesapeake and an experience like no other... you can't go wrong.

Profile Picture User4196974, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

We recently had our wedding on Selina II with Captain Iris who was amazing! She was far beyond accomodating to us and our wedding guests. She was very informative on preparations we had to have before hand and her communication with us was prompt and valuable. We couldnt have asked for a better officiant for our wedding. Everything turned out perfect and we couldnt be more thankful for her and her first mate!!! Thank you Captain Iris and her first mate for making our special day that much better!!!

Profile Picture Judy and Monica, 4/25/14, 1 Review

A dream came true.
Having the opportunity in sharing a late afternoon with Capt Iris and 1st Mate Frank, aboard the beautiful Selina II, exchanging vows with the person - the one - knew/felt was out there.
Allot of love flows around and through this vessel and it shines thru with Capt Iris and Frank.
It truly was a magnificent experience and we thank you Capt Iris for join the round table and providing the service, support and for also seeing - all is equal on this earth…and sea.
Fair winds to you both, and we hope hear, in the near future, that certain voice calling…ahoy… in the beautiful St. Michael's harbor.
Cheers,
Cynthia & Lisa

Profile Picture Cynthia, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

We could not have been more pleased with our special day. We were in fear of it being rained out but we were able to adjust the time and everything came together perfectly. I would recommend Selina II and Capt Iris to everyone.

Profile Picture Rodney, 5/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I highly recommend Selina II for any occasion. I got married aboard Selina II on May 4, 2013 and it was absolutely beautiful!! Captain Iris was wonderful and planned a beautiful ceremony for us. St. Michael's is such a pretty place and nothing beats being married on the water. It was a truly unique experience and one that I will certainly never forget! If you are looking for an intimate and special wedding, this is the place you want to go.

Profile Picture Mandy, 5/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Wedding Cake

This was a perfect setting for our perfect celebration of love.
Captain Iris is professional and the Selina ll is immaculate and beautiful.
I cannot imagine anything more perfect for us.
Very memorable on the beautiful Romantic Chesapeake Bay.

Profile Picture Beverly, 6/7/09, 1 Review