Sagets Formal Wear Reviews

182 | Drexel Hill, PA

182 Reviews for Sagets Formal Wear

Joe · Married on 05/14/2016

I've been in two weddings in the past year that have used Sagets Formal Wear. I was pretty impressed and decided to use them for my own wedding in May of 2016. I was so glad we went with Sagets! Jimmy is extremely professional, knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating.
    Alyssa went above and beyond to help my wedding party. She knew everyone by their first names (12 people), their sizes, and what they were supposed to be wearing.
    They were helping us all the way up to the day of the wedding, when a groomsman lost a cuff link.
    Prices are competitive.

Sent on 05/31/2016

3.5

We really enjoyed working with Sagets for our wedding Tuxedos. James and the team were helpful, courteous and professional. The tuxedos looked great on our wedding party and you could tell that they fit well - no baggy pants, ill fitted vests or jackets. We would recommend Sagets to anyone!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Jes · Married on 11/12/2016

We had a good experience and the people were really helpful. They were able to accommodate everyone even though someone from our wedding party had to come in on a different day and time.

Sent on 11/23/2016
  • Aisha

Aisha · Married on 06/03/2017

4.2

I would like to thank you all for assisting my husband Johnny with his tux for our wedding day. Our journey began with you guys when we burst into the doors on a cold afternoon in January 2017, searching for the perfect look. The attentiveness and customer service of the staff were good and the selection of attire were on point. The Allure Cobalt blue tux was well worth the wait, he looked and felt great on our special day! This shop is definitely a jewel within Delaware County. Bravo!

Sent on 08/22/2018
  • kkmb11

Kerry · Married on 04/25/2009

3.0
      3.5

We chose Saget's after a friend of mine recommended them. My husband was a little disappointed with some of the tuxes. The day before our wedding, my husband had to find a taylor in our area to tune up his suit a little bit. We also had a couple of groomsmen who were taller & their tuxes were a little off as well.

Sent on 08/12/2009

C> · Married on 08/25/2018

3.8
      3.5

We had a great experience with Sagets. We just had to switch jacket styles for members of the family with a huskier build. A good tip with formal shoes go up a size they can run narrow.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Rita · Married on 07/02/2012

1.6
      1.5
      2.5
      0.5
      0.5
      3.0

I love supporting small local business, and when I met Jimmy I loved him. Very personable and friendly, and he told me everything I wanted to hear. All 7 of our groomsmen are out of town and we were looking for someone to help us. This was about 6-7 weeks prior to my wedding. When we ordered the groom's tux at about 4-5 weeks prior, he reassured us that he is an "out of town groomsmen expert" and that he would hand deliver our (8) tux's to the hotel prior to the wedding to make sure everyone fit right and looked good, and then he would come pick them up from the hotel the next day. None of that occurred. When we called to set up the details about a week prior to the wedding (after all the groomsmen already paid for their tux's including the groom) Jimmy said that we "had to set that up weeks ago!!". Why he didn't tell us this?- I have no idea. We had to pick up all the tux's ourselves and deliver them to the guys without knowing if the tuxs would actually fit. What makes this tux company "out of town experts" - I have no idea.

We picked Saget's based on Jimmy's sales pitch about delivering the tux's and being there "every step of the way!". I hate that I feel so betrayed and hurt by these people.

Though the tux's looked pretty decent, almost all the guys had buttons pop on them (including the groom!!) very early on in the day!! All of our pictures have a gaping hole in the vest of the groom and 3 out of 7 groomsmen. Jimmy gave us his "personal cell number" -but what can he do while he's on his golf outing?? Which he told us about several times! A golf outing is more important than my wedding? Thanks.

This made me so sad and disappointed because every vendor we went with was a small local place that treated us like royalty. I actually liked Jimmy as a person, but as a business-man I felt totally scammed. What's different from them and Men's Warehouse? -absolutely nothing, oh wait Men's Warehouse makes it blatantly clear that they are hands-off while Saget's pretends to care but ultimately can't deliver. Every place does their measurements online now - big woop.

I will never use their services again, and I will tell anyone who will listen to try any other small tuxedo places in the area before going to these people.

Sent on 07/09/2012

Sagets Formal Wear's reply:

On June 8th, I met this couple to discuss their wedding tuxedos for their wedding that was on Monday July 2nd. Entertaining out of town groomsmen is our specialty service to ensure a proper fit on all tuxedos. We have a system in place that can correct any problems that will come up whether the tuxedos are delivered or they are picked up from our store. I explain all of my services to all of my clients including deliver and pick up and my day of service. This service is not included with a wedding party; this service is an upgrade and would need to be set up well ahead of time.

In conversation with this couple on June 8th, I was never contracted to deliver and dress the wedding party and I was very honest with them as I am with all of my clients.

Shortly before the wedding I was contacted by the groom to deliver the tuxedos. I discussed his time lines and when his groomsmen would be arriving. The groom informed me they would be in town Saturday and Sunday. I was unable to deliver the tuxedos on short notice. The groom lives very close to my store and came in Saturday June 30th to try his tux on and pick up the rest of the tuxedos because he was going to be with the boys on Sunday. I personally gave him my cell phone number to ensure the fit was to perfection and mentioned to him I would correct any problems that would occur.

There was a communication break down in the details leading up to the wedding and at Sagets we pay close attention to detail. I spoke to the groom less than a week before his wedding because three of his groomsmen didn’t supply measurements. He ensured me he would get on it but did not discuss delivery at that time.

We are very different than Men’s Warehouse. We take our business very seriously and make every effort to ensure all of our clients are happy with our services and will go the extra mile. We rushed three tuxedo orders 3 days before the wedding as part of our service. At this point the 3 late measurements’ would have not made the delivery until Friday and would not been able to be delivered last minute.

My golf outing on Monday July 2nd was to support the Knights of Columbus.