Sagets Formal Wear Reviews

182 | Drexel Hill, PA

182 Reviews for Sagets Formal Wear

Sarina · Married on 07/07/2012

From our first appointment with Jimmy, it was clear that he was the perfect choice for us. To start, Jimmy knew my husband's size just by looking at him. Then he attended to the fact that my husband often puts his hands in his pockets, so the jacket he picked had to have vents so that it would not bunch in the back. Jimmy's attention to detail was impeccable. He helped my husband pick out a tux that was extremely lightweight, which was perfect since our wedding in July and it was over 100 degrees. In addition, when the groomsmen picked up their tuxes, Jimmy had them try on the tuxes to make sure that they fit perfectly (no other store offered that). Every single tux fit perfectly, even for our out of town groomsmen, and the three children in our wedding. Since our wedding fell around the July 4th holiday, Jimmy even made sure that all of the tuxes came in 3-4 days in advance to make sure there were no delays. One of the groomsmen said that "it was the best fitting tux he has ever been in". After the wedding, my husband had the groomsman deliver the tuxes to him and then Jimmy picked them up two days after our wedding. The process could not have been easier. Jimmy was incredibly knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Sagets, they couldn't have made the process any easier & pleasant. Thanks Jimmy!!!!!

Sent on 02/22/2013

Kathy · Married on 04/21/2012

I had my very wedding dress altered by Jimmy and he did a fantastic job! It had a ball gown cut with 6 layers so I know it was a lot of work. I brought in the dress just 6 weeks before my wedding date, and Jimmy got it done with several days to spare. I don't see many reviews of dress-alteration services here, but there were several dresses always there in the store in the process of getting altered, so this is definitely a service frequently provided by Saget's.

He was great to work with, a very nice man with lots of experience. Best of all, he was right there with me when I wanted to make changes, and he had some surprisingly stylish suggestions for me too. He was on board when I wanted a layer removed from the bottom (I am on the short side and it was a bit bit for me), and when I wanted some flower details removed from the belt.

The dress fit perfectly and the length was absolutely perfect too. Best of all, the bustle was beautiful and actually held the entire night! I had several former brides come up to me and tell me how their bustle broke before dinner service ended at their weddings.

Finally, Saget's was great about making sure I knew the price estimate after the initial fitting and before they started any work, and the price was reasonable for the amount of tailoring I wanted and the time restriction. I definitely recommend Saget's and Jimmy -- professional, friendly, and great value.

Sent on 04/27/2012

Eric · Married on 06/12/2010

We used Saget's for the Tuxes for our wedding. Jimmy was great to deal with. He and his website made it a breeze especially with 6 of our 7 tuxes being out of town until the day before the wedding. It was a pleasure dealing with him. He responds really fast via phone and email. I didn't have to worry about anything. We did have one issue with a vest about 1 hour before the wedding. Called Jimmy and he had a new one driven out to the hotel ASAP.

Sent on 06/19/2010
  • Lisa&Victor

Lisa · Married on 10/10/2008

Sagets was a absolutely great! Jimmy treated us like family. We felt like we knew him for years after leaving. They make things so easy. If you are having people in your wedding party from out of town he will take all of their measurements on line. If he feels something is wrong he contacts your party and questions it. I thought that was great! Jimmy delivers the tuxedo's on the wedding day so there is no running around and going crazy the day before. He knows that there is enough to do the day before. And short notice is no problem. He got a child's tuxedo two days before our wedding and it matched the rest of the wedding party.

Sent on 10/29/2008

Pete · Married on 06/27/2008

The best. Everything was made easy, and catered to all of my needs. A++++

Sent on 03/12/2010

Mike · Married on 10/28/2017

Jimmy at Sagets is the BEST! He was very involved and attentive to me and, my now wife's, ideas and intentions to look my absolute best! As well as have my groomsmen look their best too! Jimmy and his girls that work there, are VERY friendly and easy to talk to about what was going on and what I wanted, in order to have the best possible look for our very special day. My tux that I wore was tailored perfectly to my body. While wearing our tuxes we felt the high level of quality that the materials demonstrated. It was a million times better then going to ANY chain suit store. Jimmy instantly made me feel like a part of the Sagets Family! Overall we could not have had the beautiful day that we had, without Sagets formal wear.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Raymond · Married on 09/16/2017

My wife and I were very happy with the service we received from Saget's Formal Wear. My favorite part of work with Saget's was being addressed by my first name as if myself and the staff were friends for 20+ years every time I walked into the store. We chose the Allure Men's blue tuxedo which almost received as many compliments as the brides dress...that's how nice the tuxedos turned out.My groomsmen and I did a fitting session with Jake. He was very knowledgeable, professional and extremely patient with a room full of grown boys (men). Although there were a few sizing issues the week of the wedding, Jimmy & Alyssa took care of everything and provided me and my groomsmen with top notch service which included a 24 hour turn around on all items that needed to be replaced. They even had items delivered to our hotel the morning of the wedding to make sure everyone looked their best on the biggest day of my life to date. Sizing issues aside, The Saget's staff made sure we got the correct items, in a timely fashion and made me and my bride remain calm during a very stressful time. I want to thank Saget's for providing such great service, and providing us with probably the nicest tuxedo I've rented over the past 10 years that I've been involved in friends/family weddings. I am very happy we decided to go with Saget's over Men's Warehouse because we ended up with a very special appearance as opposed to looking like everyone else in every other wedding this summer. Thanks again Jimmy, Alyssa and Jake!!!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Ryan · Married on 11/11/2016

Everything at Sagets was top notch.. Tuxes were amazing, staff was incredibly helpful and fit all of my groomsmen perfectly.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Fantastic service, everything went smoothly and we got great attire

Sent on 08/24/2015

Jillian · Married on 10/11/2014

We loved the tuxedos from Sagets. We set a budget in mind before we walked in the door but fell in love with a tuxedo that went above that. My husband picked the more expensive tuxedo, then we worked with James to find a more reasonable option for the rest of the bridal party.

We went to Men's Warehouse originally and it was a horrible experience. I loved that my husband got to try on a variety of tuxedos to see which he liked. James gave us his personal cell phone so we could contact him with any issues. He also picked up all the tuxedo's from my brother in law's house in Media.

Would highly recommend Sagets!

Sent on 10/30/2014

David · Married on 12/28/2013

Saget's formal wear provided top-notch service, superior quality and custom advice that we can not have received if we went elsewear. Jimmy (owner) custom fits every suit to fit your personalize style. You can not receive this at the big warehouses. During the wedding, myself as well as all the groomsmen received constant feedback on how stylish and classic that tuxedos looked. People could not stop talking about the tux's. I would highly recommended Saget's formal wear for any special occasion.

Sent on 03/11/2014

Chris · Married on 12/08/2012

Jim was absolutely fantastic from start to finish and would highly recommend Saget's for any groom looking for a tuxedo. To start with, he did a great job interpreting our tastes and coming up with a tuxedo style that was a perfect match for us. He was also incredibly patient with us as we kept second guessing until we saw the finished product put together and fully assembled. At that point, there was no doubt we had found the right tuxedos.

My groomsmen and ring bearer were all from out of town. Jim's instructions on how and when to get measurements were right on the button and easy to follow. When I went to pick up the tuxedos. I was floored by the extent to which Jim knows his business and his attention to detail. Having never seen any of my groomsmen, but only seeing their measurements, he described their physiques perfectly and explained why he was adding, at no cost, extra pieces of a slightly different size to some of their tuxes. His experience taught him that just providing a tux that best fits measurements on paper (taken by someone else in another state) is not always the way to go. And his estimations were correct! If he had not provided two shirts for my best man, his sleeves would have been way too short if he had just used the measurements sent in.

Jim also made sure I had his cell number in case there were any emergencies the day of the wedding. He was willing to make a trip into the city to make any on the spot corrections if need be. But that was hardly necessary. He also did us a HUGE favor by driving to our house the day after the wedding to pick up the tuxedos. He really didn't need to do that, but it was just the right touch at a time when we were just exhausted.

Jim's biggest concern is that anyone in one of his tuxes looks great and you will. The tuxes were a little on the expensive side, but the level of service provided made the extra few dollars well worth it! Thanks, Jim!!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Brett · Married on 09/08/2012

Jim at Sagets does great work. He went to great lengths to ensure that my groomsmen and I looked nothing short of spectacular. He's very personable and attentive the finer details of the tuxes that make a noticeable difference. Outstanding service on the day before the wedding to make last minute adjustments.

Sent on 01/20/2013

Kyle · Married on 08/15/2018

Greg helped me out quite a bit in regards to sizing and being very formal. A true pleasure working with him for my wedding!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Kaity · Married on 06/02/2018

Jimmy was so helpful in helping us pick out tuxes for our wedding. We were able to try all different styles on until we found exactly what we were looking for. He clearly knows a thing or two about fashion! He, along with all of his staff, were a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/11/2018

John · Married on 07/08/2017

Sagget formal wear were very professional in every way, we pleased with the entire service rendered to us.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Stefanie · Married on 05/14/2016

The guys at Sagets Formal Wear were so helpful ad accommodating! They made it easy for our out of town groomsmen to order their suits and made sure a few days before the wedding that everyone had a perfectly fit suit! I would recommend them to everyone and we would use them again in a heartbeat! They helped to make out wedding day special!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Karina · Married on 01/09/2016

My husband and his groomsmen used Saget's for our January 2016 wedding and they were fantastic!!! We got beautiful tux's at a great price, they were pleasant and easy to work with, and were very professional. Saget's even offered an amazing pick up service, after the wedding we left all the tux's at the hotel and they picked them up! It was SO convenient and an amazing service. We would definitely recommend them to family and friends!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Kerry · Married on 09/18/2015

I chose to use Sagets formal wear for my wedding after a positive experience that I had when I was in a buddy's wedding in August 2012 and can not say enough good things about my experience with them for my wedding in September 2015.

From the very beginning, Greg was extremely helpful. I was undecided between two tuxedos so Greg brought both of them into the store so that I could try them on. Once I decided on the right tuxedo, the store was extremely helpful in getting me and my groomsman fitted. He ordered multiple sizes for a few of us so that we looked good the day of the wedding. Greg really went the extra mile to ensure that I looked good the day of my wedding.

I was getting married in Avalon which complicated the timing of everything since we were all going to be at the shore for an extended period of time but again Greg and Sagets came through. They were willing to work with all of us in terms of getting the rentals back to the store. I will definitely use Sagets again when I need to rent a tuxedo in the future.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Sagets is attentive, kind and extremely professional. My sister recommended them to me after she used Sagets for her wedding. They will do right by you.

Sent on 08/25/2015

They were wonderful. They had the exact suit we were looking for, they showed us all of the different options for ties, pocket squares and shoes. They even made it very easy to have different ties for my husband, his best man and the 3 other groomsmen. The fitting went very well and very fast and only one jacket needed to be altered and was done in one day.

Sent on 06/01/2015

We wouldn't have gone anywhere else for the suits for our wedding! All of our friends and family have been using Saget's for years and we naturally did the same. Jimmy is the best and so is his team. We bought our own ties and pocket squares from the tie bar and Jimmy told us to bring them in and he was kind enough to tie and fold them all for all of the groomsmen. He ordered an extra jacket for our ring bearer since he was in between sizes and sent us home with both to try. The day before the wedding one of our groomsmen had an issue with his pants and Jimmy got him new pants within a day. All of the guys looked so handsome. I would not trust anyone else!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Thomast · Married on 09/27/2014

Jimmy is a genius! My husband and I went to him with our own vision. Being a gay wedding, we wanted a bit of our own flare and pizzaz. Jimmy embraced our ideas and provided amazing recommendations (such as the mid-evening tuxedo change!) that surprised and wowed our guests. He really listened and had a genuine desire to match the outfit to the style of the event. My father also rented from Jimmy and he was just as impressed. By the end, I felt as if Jimmy was family - he was so invested in things being perfect for us. Thank you, thank you! Great job.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Andrew · Married on 06/22/2013

My now current wife has used Sagets for her dry cleaning all her life. We went in there one day so she could get some alterations and I decided to peruse some of the suit rentals. Within 20 minutes of looking around at the store and talking with Jimmy and Alex I picked out my suit. That's just how impressive their customer service is here. They dealt with changes and alterations with ease and made me feel extremely comfortable and dapper on my big day. I would suggest Sagets to anyone!

Sent on 07/25/2013

Matthew · Married on 04/14/2018

Very helpful and great tuxes, no complaints

Sent on 04/28/2018