98 Reviews for Sage String Quartet & Sage Jazz

Instrumentals (2)
Learn New Songs (2)
Reception (2)
Liability Insurance (1)

I come from a family of professional musicians including violinists so it was important to me that I had a fabulous string quartet for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Sage delivered and then some, they did not disappoint! All of my guests commented on how beautiful they sounded, including my very discerning family members! They were prompt and professional, played all the music that we requested (which was mostly pop/rock - they have an extensive repertoire!) and sounded absolutely amazing. Thank you Sage!

Profile Picture Julia , 11/3/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Liability Insurance, Cello, Viola, Violin

Working with Sage could not have been easier! We loved every second of it! From picking out our music to coordinating our mass, Sean and his team could not have been any more helpful. Each member of the quartet looked so professional and classy on the day of. They truly made our ceremony SO special!

Profile Picture Meredith, 9/30/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Cello, Violin, String-Quartet, Ceremony

I cannot thank enough to Sage String Quartet for being such an important part f my wedding. My guests raved about the beautiful music they performed. During the cocktail hour, people were amazed how they sounded, so in sync! They even played the theme of Game of thrones and Battlestar Gallactica, the tango Por Una Cabeza, and other songs in between. Their variety is unique, and their professional, positive attitude was too.
During the ceremony, the sweet sounds that their instruments played, added texture to it, Cannon in D, A Day in the Life were among the selections. Guests were enjoying every moment.
I recommend them one hundred percent. They are easy to work with, they are flexible, and I am blessed I found them!

Profile Picture ALEXA, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Cello, Viola, Violin

Sage was a fantastic quartet to have playing for our wedding. They were always very professional, while being accommodating to our various requests. The best feature of Sage String Quartet was their vast music list (songs they can play), with online library to actually hear them performing each! I strongly recommend Sage to anyone looking for excellent quality music for an affordable price.

Profile Picture C, 6/3/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Our ceremony and cocktail hour would not have been complete without the beautiful music of Sage String Quartet. While of course the bride doesn't get to hear much of the music because she isn't physically there for most of it (ie- prelude, processional other than bridal, cocktail hour), I heard raving reviews about the music. Everyone absolutely loved it. Thank you!

Profile Picture Tyler, 4/22/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, String-Quartet, Cello, Viola, Violin

Having a string quartet playing at my wedding was always a dream of mine. So when my now husband thought we should add one I was extremely excited. Our event manager recommended Sage and we were not dissapointed. Their library is vast and covers all genres. They are also very flexible with commissioning pieces, if you happen to want something not already in their repertoire. The musicians with Sage are masters and their music is phenomenal. My one regret with hiring Sage is that they were playing at my own wedding and i didn't get to just sit and listen to them play.

Profile Picture Justine, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Cello, Viola, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

We used Sage for our ceremony and cocktail hour music and they were excellent! They did a beautiful job. Would definitely use them again.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 4/2/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

As a huge fan of classical music and amateur musician, I wanted to hire a string quartet for my wedding, and not just any string quartet, but the best, and one that would allow me some freedom with music selection. That is why, after looking through quite a few options, I was so happy to discover the Sage String Quartet: they were highly rated in reviews; the website was the most professional I had seen; their sample recordings were the best; their repertoire included many of my favorites; and they had an in-house arranger who could be commissioned to arrange any selections not readily available. Beyond that, what sealed the deal for me was the owner's responsiveness and professionalism. She made such an impression, that, before many other details were set in stone, I decided to go ahead and book them for the ceremony, the cocktail hour, and the reception. A year later, and I still know I could not have been happier with my choice.

For the ceremony, I took full advantage of their in-house arranger and commissioned three pieces. With their considerable experience, they were able to time each flawlessly. I also commissioned an arrangement for our first dance. Without any prior rehearsal with them, they were able to time the music, a Viennese waltz, such that I was able to dance without any major catastrophe, i.e. tripping or punching a hole through the train of my dress with my heels, while trying to maneuver on cobblestone. And while I do love classical music, I wanted to give guests some variety, so they were able to entertain us with show tunes and some arrangements of popular songs from their repertoire during the reception.

If I had to do it over again, I would definitely hire the Sage String Quartet. They were polished, professional, stellar, and made the entire day. You simply cannot go wrong with hiring them for your wedding.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/24/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Cello, Viola, Violin, String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs, Reception

It was pouring rain, and it could not have been comfortable in that corner of the tent, but Sage String Quartet provided sophisticated, beautiful accompaniment for my daughter's wedding. Before we found Sage, we were having trouble finding musicians who could play the Dvorak pieces that we wanted for the ceremony -- but Sage was both familiar and enthusiastic, and had some important tips for us based on their experience playing these sorts of events. They also played at the reception, and were lovely. We recommend them without reservation.

Profile Picture Penny, 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

If I could give Sage 10 stars out of 5, I would. They are AMAZING, and were the highlight of our wedding. They performed for our ceremony, cocktail hour and during dinner, and my only regret is that we couldn't be there pre-ceremony or during the start of cocktail hour to hear more of their performance.

We had struggled to find a string quartet near our venue in Vermont who could play the specialized songs we wanted to hear (mostly movie scores, video game scores, and Sigur Ros), but one final, desperate Google search led me to Sage. Luckily they were free on our date, and even luckier, they were willing to travel to Vermont for us! Oh, and learn like 10 new songs!

Kyung was so easy to work with - very responsive, friendly, and professional. They seemed perfectly happy to play out in the middle of the woods (the ceremony location). They sounded incredible - during dinner we kept getting up to go watch them play instead of eating because it was so unbelievably AWESOME to hear a perfect string quartet version of Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Jurassic, Park, etc., etc. I wish I could get a CD of them playing everything, because it was SO awesome and sounded so much better than any of the various versions on YouTube. We got so many compliments from our guests, but on top of that it was a true highlight for the two of us.

Profile Picture User5193087, 2+ years ago, 14 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: String-Quartet, Cello, Viola, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Reception

I'm the MOB and helped my daughter find and coordinate vendors for her 8/22/2015 wedding. Sage String Quartet played for her ceremony. Wonderful music! The contract and planning process was very professional. Kyung offered lots of suggestions and assistance to my daughter and her fiancé in choosing music. I would highly recommend Sage String Quartet!

Profile Picture User4547807, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We were so excited about having Sage play at our wedding ceremony that they were one of the first vendors we booked and we booked them a year in advance. We enjoyed listening to the music samples that are available on the website and that really helped for song selection. Throughout the process, Kyung (the founding musician) was always responsive and helpful. Talking with her definitely eased our stress about the ceremony. On the day of our wedding, Sage was able to unobtrusively set-up, rehearse a song with the priest, coordinate with our wedding planner, and adjust the music to fit the processional. They are true professionals! Their music was beautiful and we were so happy to have Sage play at our wedding!

Profile Picture User5120160, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Sage String Quartet for our ceremony and cocktail hour music for our wedding. They were amazing! First, every interaction I had with them was professional and helpful. They made the planning process a breeze, and fun with their samples on their website. In the end we had them arrange two songs for our wedding, and they both came out beautifully. I had many musicians attending our wedding and they all commented on just how good the quartet was, my only regret is not finding time to spend more time listening to them myself! I recommend Sage String Quartet for any event!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I truly enjoyed working with Sage Sting Quartet. They were very flexible and played every song I requested during the ceremony and none of them were traditional (e.g. Lady Gaga, Beatles). They were classy and professional and I received numerous comments from my guests about how fantastic they were. They were easy to work with and very responsive.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/13/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Aside from being excellent classical musicians, we were drawn to SSQ by their incredibly diverse repertoire of classical, oldies, and current pop music. Additionally, Kyung - SSQ’s founder and our primary contact - was always prompt, thorough, and professional in her responses to our questions as we were making final decisions on our prelude and ceremony music. Our guests had nothing but extremely positive things to say about SSQ and we would strongly recommend them!

Profile Picture Peter, 5/31/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

What a treat! It was sort of a spontaneous decision that we decided to add a string quartet for the ceremony, but we are really happy with how everything turned out!

Our wedding had a very classic theme with a few modern twists and Sage String's acoustic renditions of both classic and contemporary songs were the perfect fit.

We even had them stay and play for part of our reception and they did a fantastic job of transitioning between locations seamlessly and keeping the music going. So happy we went with Sage String!

Profile Picture Ranjit, 5/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet provided beautiful music to our ceremony! We were able to pick the songs that we wanted to hear and then they created a playlist to go along with it that was wonderful. They were very professional and sounded absolutely beautiful while I was walking down the aisle. They were also very easy to work with! I would recommend Sage String Quartet to anyone needing a string ensemble for the wedding or other event!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/17/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We chose Sage because their reviews are resoundingly glowing and their website showcased their quality – both in sound and appearance. I honestly loved their interpretations of classics/contemporaries more than most others online, or even professional recordings.

Throughout the process, we dealt with Kyung LeBlanc, who runs the ship there. She was super friendly, personable, and prompt in helping us with song selection and timing. On the day, we saw that she was well into her pregnancy (and gave birth shortly after)! Even so, she coordinated the group flawlessly, always with a smile. She also sought us out to say hi, and to talk to our friend who was officiating the ceremony.

The music we had during the ceremony was beautifully played and really added to the mood we had envisioned. During the cocktail hour, we had them play string renditions of contemporary songs. Our guests absolutely loved this! My only regret is that we were so busy running around that evening that I didn't get to thank each of the performers. If you're looking for some elegance and fun in having live musicians, look no further than Sage!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 3/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

The Sage Quartet was an excellent choice for our wedding. The music was perfectly and professionally played. They looked absolutely classy and sophisticated while clearly also being exceptionally talented. The choices of music are so extensive. We were offered assistance in our selection process. All our family and friends are still singing praises. We would highly recommend the Sage Quartet.

Profile Picture User3657962, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We are so happy to have picked Sage String Quartet. They did a wonderful job on our ceremony music and the founder of this group, Kyung LeBlanc, was a pleasure to work with. She was available by phone and email to answer any questions I might have had. Several times during the course of the whole wedding process she called to make sure I was doing okay with selecting music and answer any questions. On the day of the wedding I was in the bridal suite so I couldn't hear much of the music, but my husband was able to and he said they did a fantastic job. Kyung even tuned my cousin's violin for her, she was playing a piece later at the reception, and before leaving Kyung found us and wished us congrats. I would highly recommend Sage String Quartet!

Profile Picture Maria, 6/9/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The Sage String Quartet was fabulous! Kyung was really great during the planning process and was very helpful while we were making our music selections. They were happy to play a piece for the interlude that was not listed on the website. Kyung was incredibly responsive to emails and made planning everything very easy. She even called me a few days before the wedding to review the schedule and make sure I did not have any more questions. On the day she did not play, but was there at the venue to make sure everything ran smoothly. The day after she sent me a few photos she had taken and they were gorgeous! The Quartet that played sounded absolutely wonderful in the space and we received so many compliments from our guests. They were very professional and the music really set the tone for an elegant affair. Thank you Sage String Quartet!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/10/13, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage was such a great company to work with. I used their quartet for my ceremony and cocktail hour music. Kyung LeBlanc who I coordinated with was super responsive and organized (I love how they have the eSignature for all the contracts).

At the wedding the ceremony music was so beautiful. They were all dressed lovely and played a great mix of music for the cocktail hour. They are a bit more expensive than other companies I looked at but their only focus is string music and so I trusted they have the best musicians. I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture User2556680, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I used Sage as a string trio with trumpet. it was magnificant. Kyung was terrific to work with. I never had to worry that she would get back to me, which she always did immediately. And they played the music we chose with high professionalism. I was thrilled with the contribution Sage String Quartet made to our wedding. Thank you!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet made the ceremony and cocktail hour amazingly special. The quartet is so beautiful, and play a variety of music for those who stray from traditional but still want to keep it classy. Kyung was extremely nice and professional, and very flexible until the wedding. The groom's brother was to sing a solo with the quartet during the ceremony, and Kyung organized sheet music to be sent to him in Colorado, as well as a practice session with the quartet before the ceremony. I could not have been happier with any other group!

Profile Picture Brittanie, 12/29/12, 11 Reviews