Sage String Quartet Reviews

114 | Washington, DC

114 Reviews for Sage String Quartet

Julianne · Married on 09/19/2009

The Sage String Quartet is a gem! After just my first email from Kyung LeBlanc, I didn't worry a bit about the music for our ceremony and cocktail reception. Kyung responded to all my emails promptly with ideas, enthusiasm and (somehow over email) a soothing calm. The Quartet's repertoire is impressive, from the classics to romantic movie themes to The Beatles, and all are expertly executed. They were friendly, punctual and the events coordinator for my venue even asked for their contact info so he could use them for their own events! Highly recommended.

Sent on 02/01/2010

E · Married on 08/15/2009

The Sage String Quartet helped make our wedding day perfect. They were professional, punctual, and played beautiful music! We would recommend the Sage Quartet without hesitation!

Sent on 02/01/2010

Kate · Married on 08/14/2009

I would 100% recommend the Sage String Quartet- their large repertoire made it easy to select music that was meaningful and they made the entire ceremony more elegant and memorable. Kyung was wonderful to work with- he was extremely responsive and professional which was definetly appreciated during the otherwise hectic process of planning a wedding.

Sent on 01/19/2010

Amy · Married on 07/25/2009

I booked Sage String Quartet for my ceremony music and it was BEAUTIFUL! They were so helpful when I contacted them about my ceremony music and actually provided more information and advice than I received from the music director at church. Sage String Quartet helped me choose appropriate music and made recommendations to me about what would sound good together. They arrived on-time and were very professional. Everyone commented on how beautiful the music was. I much preferred their music over the organ at my church. Sage String Quartet is comprised of all professional musicians, and you can tell in the quality of their music. I highly recommend their services! Thank you, Sage String Quartet, for making my ceremony beautiful! I also chose to have a trumpeter at my ceremony for an extra fee, and it was WELL worth it.

Sent on 08/07/2009

To-Nhu · Married on 06/27/2009

Their performance at our wedding was wonderful as our guests really enjoyed it. We received compliments from family and friends later on the elegant music the Sage String Quartet played at both the ceremony and reception, and the choice of songs, which they helped us pick. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/22/2010

M · Married on 04/26/2009

Performance was extraordinary!

Sent on 02/03/2010

Nina · Married on 12/27/2008

The Sage String Quartet was absolutely OUTSTANDING! While my husband and I and our wedding party was standing "backstage" awaiting our walk down the aisle, we were only sorry that we weren't able to hear MORE of the beautiful music. We still receive compliments on the musical selection and execution. Besides their exceptional musicianship, working with the group to arrange the day was a pleasure and very easy. They responded to all my emails completely and quickly. I have no doubt that we will recommend SSQ to all.

Sent on 01/20/2010

Betsy · Married on 11/23/2008

The Sage String Quartet did an amazing job playing music for our ceremony. Not only was the music beautiful, but they were amazing to work with when we were preparing for our wedding. Every request we had they met with enthusiasm (and we had a lot of requests). We looked into a lot of string quartets and by far the Sage String Quartet had the best price for the quality of service they provided. We couldn't have asked for better ceremony musicians!!!

Sent on 01/18/2010

Julie · Married on 12/08/2013

I could not have been more pleased with the service and professionalism of Sage String Quartet. Kyung was a treat to work with. She has a terrific website with soundbites that make it so easy to select music. She also provided great advice and guidance with a few selections that I was struggling with. SSQ was very flexible. I trimmed the quartet down to a trio after the ceremony for the cocktail hour and this was no problem at for them to accommodate. I thought they did a wonderful job!

Sent on 05/16/2014

My music was great and the owner was always accessible. If there's any music that you would like, they are willing to find it for you. Definitely would recommend these musicians. It's always a bit nerve wracking doing business by phone. However, the owner offered us to come to her home. Typically, you do not meet with the musicians. They were prompt and did a fantastic job! Thanks again!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Music was wonderful. Kyung was amazing. She will contact you to make your life a lot easier if you forget or are busy with other stuffs. She is easy to work with, music was flawless. Got lots of compliments from guests how beautiful music pieces were. Quick responses if you have questions.loved the service.

Sent on 06/03/2015

We worked with Kyung at Sage String Quartet and ended up hiring a guitar and violin duo for our small outdoor ceremony. Working with them might have been the easiest part of the entire wedding planning process -- they have an easy-to-use online system for booking, and Kyung was extremely responsive and helpful.

Once we booked them, they sent us guidance for choosing music and giving them instructions. Since we didn’t have music picked out, Kyung sent us several options for different parts of the ceremony, and she was also open to learning a different selection for the processional. We ended up with music that we really liked and that felt personalized.

On the day of, the musicians arrived early, and played their own selections for the prelude. They did an excellent job throughout the ceremony, and afterwards they played a postlude while we had champagne in the backyard.

Overall we had a great experience working with Sage -- they were professional, helpful, and excellent musicians!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/12/2014

Sage is a wonderful and accommodating string quartet option in the DC area. Kyung is extremely polite and made the contract process very easy; she was also great about communicating with the organist at the church. My church only allowed traditional/classical music, but Sage has many beautiful songs in their repertoire and within that category that are not slow or boring. I saw other quartet groups out there for slightly less money, but Sage is definitely worth what you pay!

Sent on 07/19/2014
  • Lynn

Lynn · Married on 09/24/2011

Sage String Quartet was a wonderful addition to our wedding day. They played beautiful music and kept the guests entertained before the ceremony began. They were very responsive and easy to work with. They made great recommendations for which songs would be best and where in the ceremony to use them. Our only wish is that we would have had the chance to meet with them before the ceremony. There was one small hiccup and it was probably not their fault at all, but one of the bridesmaid's was sent down the aisle before the right song had started and therefore she was walking while the music changed. I'm not sure if it was because they couldn't see from where they seated, or if the wedding planner just didn't know, but it happened. We would certainly use them again, but would like to meet with them beforehand.

Sent on 01/20/2013