Sage String Quartet Reviews

114 | Washington, DC

114 Reviews for Sage String Quartet

Erika · Married on 10/10/2010

It was a pleasure to work with Kyung and book Sage String for our wedding on 10.10.10. We opted for a trio and the music resonated outside for all of our over 150+ guests...and there is just no substitute for classical music at your ceremony. Sage String replied to all of my emails promptly (within 24 hours) and were absolute professionals the day of. They helped me with selecting music that complimented my vision (contemporary music for the prelude and a classical mix for the processional, etc.) and were competitive on pricing. I would highly recommend working with them if you are looking for an elegant touch for your wedding day.

Sent on 10/27/2010

Erin · Married on 10/02/2010

The musicians of the Sage String Quartet were wonderful. They are all extrememly professional, sincere and so talented!

Sent on 11/10/2010

Amy · Married on 09/25/2010

Sage Strings did an amazing job at our wedding! They were so easy to work with! The music was beautiful and added such a nice touch to the whole ceremony. I would highly recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 10/26/2010
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 09/25/2010

Sage String added such a classy touch to my ceremony and cocktail hour. They were very easy to work with and they were even able to coordinate with my soloist to accompany her while she sang during my ceremony. Top notch all the way!

Sent on 10/28/2010

Skeet · Married on 09/18/2010

Sage String Quartet are an exceptional set of musicians. They are professional, responsive and flexible. They played both ceremony music and cocktail hour music. They have a varied songlist that can be crafted to your affair.

I recommend this group for any occasion.

Sent on 10/28/2010

Emilie · Married on 09/04/2010

Kyung was a pleasure to communicate with before the event. I never met the musicians at the wedding but they were amazingly talented and easy to work with. The music could not have been more perfect!!!

Sent on 09/17/2010

Darlyn · Married on 09/04/2010

Sage String Quartet played the ceremony music for my daughter's wedding at the Old Ebbitt Grill in the atrium with a nine story high ceiling, yet they adapted to that space without difficulty. A single violinist played on the rooftop terrace for the cocktail hour, and again, adapted to that space well.

They are excellent musicians. As we listened to them before the ceremony began, we felt as if we were at a concert. Kyung was prompt, courteous, and made excellent suggestions for music when we asked her to do so. They arrived in advance of their scheduled time and and followed our schedule for the ceremony music exactly as we had requested. Their cost was very fair and reasonable.

Sage String Quartet is excellent in every sense of the word.

Sent on 02/22/2011

Theresa · Married on 08/14/2010

SUPERB! Sage String Quartet not only has extremely talented musicians, but they could not be any kinder. The Sage String Quartet staff was accommodating to all of my requests and addressed all of my concerns, which was hard to come by in a musical group being that my wedding took place on a beach. Take my word that The Sage String Quartet will help make your dream wedding become a reality!

Sent on 02/04/2011

Dayna · Married on 07/31/2010

Absolutely the BEST EVER. They were my favorite vendor to work with during this entire process, and they sounded absolutely perfect as well. They are slightly less expensive than other quartets, too! Kyung answered every single one of my questions quickly and fully, and make 200% sure that I was satisfied with every step of the way, giving me suggestions but allowing me full freedom. I can't say good enough things about these people. I am DEFINITELY recommending them to everyone I know who is getting married!! POSITIVELY AMAZING!!!!! Thank you, guys!!!!!!

Sent on 08/01/2010

Shelley · Married on 07/31/2010

I have always wanted a string quartet to play at my wedding and I couldn't be happier with the Sage String Quartet! They were very responsive to my emails, they helped me pick my ceremony music and they were very flexible to all my needs. All of my guests were very impressed with how classy and beautiful they sounded. They are just incredible people to work with and so very talented! I highly recommend them! Kyung was a doll to work with and I thank you so much! You really made my day absolutley beautiful and memorable!

Sent on 08/24/2010

Jenn · Married on 07/24/2010

We were extremely pleased with Sage String Quartet's Trio, who played at our wedding ceremony. It was the hottest day ever, and they remained calm, "cool," and collected. The sound was amazing, even though they must have been so uncomfortable in the heat. Their music took our ceremony to the next level. Best of all, they did a great job with the strings adaptation of "Don't Stop Believin" as our ceremony recessional--the crowd was so surprised!

They provided us with a list of recommended and typical songs for different points in the ceremony, as well as links to sample songs, and a variety of alternatives so we had plenty of options for music choices, both classical and modern. I was impressed with the number of songs in their repertoire, even when performing as a trio.

Additionally, Kyung was a pleasure to deal with in the planning stages. She spent plenty of time talking me (and my mom!) through our options and checked in with me at all the key touch points prior to the event. She was responsive to emails at all times.

Sent on 02/14/2011

Beth · Married on 07/17/2010

The Sage String Quartet played during our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were wonderful and added so much to the wedding! Kyung LeBlanc is a pleasure to work with and will coordinate any special music selections. Our guests absolutely loved the music! I highly recommend the quartet!

Sent on 08/11/2010

Andrea · Married on 07/17/2010

Kyung and the Sage String Quartet were absolutely wonderful to work with on our wedding, both for the ceremony and the cocktail hour. From the beginning of the process, Kyung was super organized, quick to respond to questions, creative in her solutions, and very helpful in her suggestions. In particular, she facilitated the creation of a string trio setting of a particular Mozart aria that we wanted to use for the recessional. The playing on the day of the wedding was truly beautiful, and the musicians were all so kind and lovely. We couldn't have been happier with our experience with the Sage String Quartet, and recommend them highly for any event.

Sent on 04/25/2011
  • U

Jonathan · Married on 07/10/2010

Kyung was wonderful to work with!! Definitely the most quick to respond of ALL our vendors! Worked with us to find appropriate songs, as well as worked with our budget. The quartet was fabulous in adapting to the length of the song we needed in the moment, while we lit the unity candle, and other things like that during the ceremony! I was a bit unsure because they do not typically attend the rehearsal, but it came together great and they adapted beautifully. We hired a soloist to stay on for the cocktail hour, which was wonderful as well. A very classy touch, and the quality of the sound and quality of experienced musicians was wonderful.

Sent on 08/02/2010

Shannon · Married on 06/26/2010

I would definitely recommend the Sage String Quartet to future brides. I don't have one bad thing to say about them. We used the trio and they were spectacular. They really set the mood of elegance and were a great addition to our big day. Kyung was such a pleasure to work with. She was there to help with any questions I had and helped with suggestions when I needed them. The Sage Strings trio was classy, professional and the quality of music was excellent. We have already recommended them to some of our friends.

Sent on 07/23/2010

Michael · Married on 06/06/2010

The trio was excellent! Guests were so impressed by the music. They added elegance to our ceremony and cocktail hour. Kyung was very attentive to all our needs; they even learned a new song for our recessional that was spot on! I only wished I could have heard more of the music as I was rushed off for pictures during the cocktail hour...HIGHLY recommend if you want it done right!

Sent on 06/20/2010

Susan · Married on 06/05/2010

I can't rave enough about Sage String Quartet (trio in my case). The three musicians did a wonderful job. They played our ceremony music and then they played for another hour during cocktails. They adhered to all of my requests, including learning a new song that I had requested. Many guests commented on how wonderful the music was. I highly recommend Sage String Quartet! They are true professionals.

Sent on 07/12/2010

Melissa · Married on 05/30/2010

We were so pleased with our decision to book Sage String Quartet as the music for our wedding ceremony. The music was beautiful and a perfect element for a ceremony that we wanted to be elegant yet quirky. Their repertoire allowed us to beautifully incorporate some wedding classics (Joy of Man’s Desiring) but also add some our personality (rocked a processional to Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing!) Kyung was super responsive from our first inquiry and so easy to work with (as we changed our minds from quartet, trio, back to quartet). We met briefly over coffee and then just emailed to finalize music. Flexible, responsive, talented, and low maintenance. I would highly recommend Sage to others.

Sent on 11/15/2010

Karl · Married on 05/29/2010

This quartet is spectacular. I grew up playing the violin and piano, played in orchestras all through college, and still play chamber music very frequently. We hired a quartet to play during our cocktail hour (90 minutes, actually), and I had very specific ideas about the kind of music I wanted -- classical, but also music with longer lyrical lines, rather than the more lively stuff (outer movements of Mozart and Haydn quartets, etc.) that's sometimes played. I also was very concerned about finding a quartet that would be really and truly good. I hoped for musicians that would, at least, play in tune; then I thought if their tone was full and not thin, that'd be even better; and if they had some musicianship, that'd be icing on the cake.

The Sage quartet blew all these expectation out of the water. At the cocktails they sounded spectacular -- they were of course in tune (which I think probably sets them apart from every other quartet I've heard at a wedding). They also had a beautiful and strong sound, and were tight and together and very musical. We had several professional musicians as guests, and they were all kind of shocked and totally impressed at how good the quartet was. Indeed, some sat down by the quartet to listen instead of mingling! I really cannot overstate how surprised and pleased we were by how good this quartet is.

As for the logistics and so forth, they were also beyond reproach. Kyung was very very responsive, frequently writing back within minutes. We had a very long and extended exchange about the repertoire, with my sending suggestions and even pdfs of sheet music, and she was patient and responsive, letting me set the play list I wanted, but also offering her judgment about things that wouldn't work. (A couple of the arrangement I sent, for example, she thought weren't good, which I'm sure was the correct judgment.) That said, for someone who wanted to be less involved in the details of the music, I'm sure the quartet could just take care of it -- they have a great repertoire. I left to their discretion the order in which they'd play the various pieces, and I think they did a great job mixing things up appropriately, and avoiding any jarring transitions. They were also incredibly professional when they got there -- on time (appropriately early), and looked great.

For all of this, they are an absolute bargain. I cannot recommend them highly enough. If there were 10 stars that's what they'd get.

Sent on 06/13/2010

Brenda · Married on 05/22/2010

I highly recommend these professional musicians. They responded within 24 hrs to all questions and requests. They were prompt in arrival and followed through with everything we requested. We asked for certain songs and they made an extra effort to find our music in a string arrangement so they could accomodate us. Their cost was extremely reasonable. They were cheerful and encouraging even in the rain!

Sent on 05/26/2010

Dana · Married on 05/22/2010

The sage string quartet was GREAT! Kyung was extremely responsive and very helpful in our ceremony music selection (which was a bit untraditional). She was also helpful in calming my nerves a few weeks before the wedding when I was unsure about the timing of the processional with the music. Many guests commented to me after the wedding how perfect the music was. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/10/2010
  • Kevin

Kevin · Married on 04/24/2010

I would hire them again for a private party. We didn't get to hear them much because we weren't in the church or the cocktail hour but all of our guests kept raving about them. They worked with our soloist Peter Fox and the combination was just magical. I felt the price was right and it brought beauty and elegance to the service.

Sent on 07/06/2010

Jessica · Married on 04/18/2010

We had a church wedding in Frederick, MD. Sage String Quartet traveled from Washington to perform with us. There was no doubt in my mind who to hire because we had heard them perform at my sister's wedding 9 months earlier. Not only were they professional in attire, but the music was absolutely perfect. They played an entire Catholic mass perfectly. For an extra fee we hired a vocalist, Anastasia Robinson, who performed many hymns in Latin and English. They impressed the audience thoroughly and we received many compliments from guests. I would not hesitate to recommend the Quartet for any occasion. Kyung was an absolute pleasure to work with via email and she recommended many tunes to help in the decision-making process. It was worth every penny and made the ceremony as special as it needed to be. Thanks!

Sent on 05/14/2010

Hana · Married on 01/16/2010

Sage String Quartet were phenomenal for our January 2010 wedding ceremony. Their set up, performance, quality and sound were all seamless- I actually first heard Sage String Quartet during a friend's wedding ceremony and knew immediately that they would be wonderful for our upcoming wedding! And they certainly were. The Canon in D was brilliant- all of their songs were played eloquently. They were easy to work with, with very quick professional response times and the price was right.

Sent on 01/22/2010

Autumn · Married on 09/25/2009

Sage String Quartet (we actually hired them as a trio) was fantastic. Kyung was responsive, kind, excited and offered beautiful suggestions for our ceremony. We even had their recommended trumpeter play while I entered and while my husband and I exited the ceremony and he was FANTASTIC! We had an outdoor ceremony in the fall and their professionalism, class and talent really shone through when we wanted a top-notch, classy performance in an outdoor setting. The music was loud enough but not overbearing. I would highly recommend them to anyone as their prices are reasonable and their quality is excellent. Sage String Quartet is a class act with beautiful talent and great people skills to boot! :) Loved them!

Sent on 01/28/2010