98 Reviews for Sage String Quartet & Sage Jazz

Learn New Songs (2)
Reception (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
98 Sage String Quartet & Sage Jazz Reviews

The trio was excellent! Guests were so impressed by the music. They added elegance to our ceremony and cocktail hour. Kyung was very attentive to all our needs; they even learned a new song for our recessional that was spot on! I only wished I could have heard more of the music as I was rushed off for pictures during the cocktail hour...HIGHLY recommend if you want it done right!

Profile Picture Michael, 6/6/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I can't rave enough about Sage String Quartet (trio in my case). The three musicians did a wonderful job. They played our ceremony music and then they played for another hour during cocktails. They adhered to all of my requests, including learning a new song that I had requested. Many guests commented on how wonderful the music was. I highly recommend Sage String Quartet! They are true professionals.

Profile Picture Susan, 6/5/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We were so pleased with our decision to book Sage String Quartet as the music for our wedding ceremony. The music was beautiful and a perfect element for a ceremony that we wanted to be elegant yet quirky. Their repertoire allowed us to beautifully incorporate some wedding classics (Joy of Man’s Desiring) but also add some our personality (rocked a processional to Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing!) Kyung was super responsive from our first inquiry and so easy to work with (as we changed our minds from quartet, trio, back to quartet). We met briefly over coffee and then just emailed to finalize music. Flexible, responsive, talented, and low maintenance. I would highly recommend Sage to others.

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/30/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I highly recommend these professional musicians. They responded within 24 hrs to all questions and requests. They were prompt in arrival and followed through with everything we requested. We asked for certain songs and they made an extra effort to find our music in a string arrangement so they could accomodate us. Their cost was extremely reasonable. They were cheerful and encouraging even in the rain!

Profile Picture Brenda, 5/22/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The sage string quartet was GREAT! Kyung was extremely responsive and very helpful in our ceremony music selection (which was a bit untraditional). She was also helpful in calming my nerves a few weeks before the wedding when I was unsure about the timing of the processional with the music. Many guests commented to me after the wedding how perfect the music was. I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Dana, 5/22/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I would hire them again for a private party. We didn't get to hear them much because we weren't in the church or the cocktail hour but all of our guests kept raving about them. They worked with our soloist Peter Fox and the combination was just magical. I felt the price was right and it brought beauty and elegance to the service.

Profile Picture Kevin, 4/24/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We had a church wedding in Frederick, MD. Sage String Quartet traveled from Washington to perform with us. There was no doubt in my mind who to hire because we had heard them perform at my sister's wedding 9 months earlier. Not only were they professional in attire, but the music was absolutely perfect. They played an entire Catholic mass perfectly. For an extra fee we hired a vocalist, Anastasia Robinson, who performed many hymns in Latin and English. They impressed the audience thoroughly and we received many compliments from guests. I would not hesitate to recommend the Quartet for any occasion. Kyung was an absolute pleasure to work with via email and she recommended many tunes to help in the decision-making process. It was worth every penny and made the ceremony as special as it needed to be. Thanks!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/18/10, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet were phenomenal for our January 2010 wedding ceremony. Their set up, performance, quality and sound were all seamless- I actually first heard Sage String Quartet during a friend's wedding ceremony and knew immediately that they would be wonderful for our upcoming wedding! And they certainly were. The Canon in D was brilliant- all of their songs were played eloquently. They were easy to work with, with very quick professional response times and the price was right.

Profile Picture hana, 1/16/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet (we actually hired them as a trio) was fantastic. Kyung was responsive, kind, excited and offered beautiful suggestions for our ceremony. We even had their recommended trumpeter play while I entered and while my husband and I exited the ceremony and he was FANTASTIC! We had an outdoor ceremony in the fall and their professionalism, class and talent really shone through when we wanted a top-notch, classy performance in an outdoor setting. The music was loud enough but not overbearing. I would highly recommend them to anyone as their prices are reasonable and their quality is excellent. Sage String Quartet is a class act with beautiful talent and great people skills to boot! :) Loved them!

Profile Picture Autumn, 9/25/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The Sage String Quartet is a gem! After just my first email from Kyung LeBlanc, I didn't worry a bit about the music for our ceremony and cocktail reception. Kyung responded to all my emails promptly with ideas, enthusiasm and (somehow over email) a soothing calm. The Quartet's repertoire is impressive, from the classics to romantic movie themes to The Beatles, and all are expertly executed. They were friendly, punctual and the events coordinator for my venue even asked for their contact info so he could use them for their own events! Highly recommended.

Profile Picture julianne, 9/19/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The Sage String Quartet helped make our wedding day perfect. They were professional, punctual, and played beautiful music! We would recommend the Sage Quartet without hesitation!

Profile Picture E, 8/15/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I would 100% recommend the Sage String Quartet- their large repertoire made it easy to select music that was meaningful and they made the entire ceremony more elegant and memorable. Kyung was wonderful to work with- he was extremely responsive and professional which was definetly appreciated during the otherwise hectic process of planning a wedding.

Profile Picture Kate, 8/14/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I booked Sage String Quartet for my ceremony music and it was BEAUTIFUL! They were so helpful when I contacted them about my ceremony music and actually provided more information and advice than I received from the music director at church. Sage String Quartet helped me choose appropriate music and made recommendations to me about what would sound good together. They arrived on-time and were very professional. Everyone commented on how beautiful the music was. I much preferred their music over the organ at my church. Sage String Quartet is comprised of all professional musicians, and you can tell in the quality of their music. I highly recommend their services! Thank you, Sage String Quartet, for making my ceremony beautiful! I also chose to have a trumpeter at my ceremony for an extra fee, and it was WELL worth it.

Profile Picture Amy, 7/25/09, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Their performance at our wedding was wonderful as our guests really enjoyed it. We received compliments from family and friends later on the elegant music the Sage String Quartet played at both the ceremony and reception, and the choice of songs, which they helped us pick. We highly recommend them.

Profile Picture To-Nhu, 6/27/09, 1 Review

Performance was extraordinary!

Profile Picture M, 4/26/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The Sage String Quartet was absolutely OUTSTANDING! While my husband and I and our wedding party was standing "backstage" awaiting our walk down the aisle, we were only sorry that we weren't able to hear MORE of the beautiful music. We still receive compliments on the musical selection and execution. Besides their exceptional musicianship, working with the group to arrange the day was a pleasure and very easy. They responded to all my emails completely and quickly. I have no doubt that we will recommend SSQ to all.

Profile Picture Nina, 12/27/08, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The Sage String Quartet did an amazing job playing music for our ceremony. Not only was the music beautiful, but they were amazing to work with when we were preparing for our wedding. Every request we had they met with enthusiasm (and we had a lot of requests). We looked into a lot of string quartets and by far the Sage String Quartet had the best price for the quality of service they provided. We couldn't have asked for better ceremony musicians!!!

Profile Picture Betsy, 11/23/08, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I could not have been more pleased with the service and professionalism of Sage String Quartet. Kyung was a treat to work with. She has a terrific website with soundbites that make it so easy to select music. She also provided great advice and guidance with a few selections that I was struggling with. SSQ was very flexible. I trimmed the quartet down to a trio after the ceremony for the cocktail hour and this was no problem at for them to accommodate. I thought they did a wonderful job!

Profile Picture Julie, 12/8/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

My music was great and the owner was always accessible. If there's any music that you would like, they are willing to find it for you. Definitely would recommend these musicians. It's always a bit nerve wracking doing business by phone. However, the owner offered us to come to her home. Typically, you do not meet with the musicians. They were prompt and did a fantastic job! Thanks again!

Profile Picture User1414291, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Music was wonderful. Kyung was amazing. She will contact you to make your life a lot easier if you forget or are busy with other stuffs. She is easy to work with, music was flawless. Got lots of compliments from guests how beautiful music pieces were. Quick responses if you have questions.loved the service.

Profile Picture User4234393, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We worked with Kyung at Sage String Quartet and ended up hiring a guitar and violin duo for our small outdoor ceremony. Working with them might have been the easiest part of the entire wedding planning process -- they have an easy-to-use online system for booking, and Kyung was extremely responsive and helpful.

Once we booked them, they sent us guidance for choosing music and giving them instructions. Since we didn’t have music picked out, Kyung sent us several options for different parts of the ceremony, and she was also open to learning a different selection for the processional. We ended up with music that we really liked and that felt personalized.

On the day of, the musicians arrived early, and played their own selections for the prelude. They did an excellent job throughout the ceremony, and afterwards they played a postlude while we had champagne in the backyard.

Overall we had a great experience working with Sage -- they were professional, helpful, and excellent musicians!

Profile Picture User4590468, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Sage is a wonderful and accommodating string quartet option in the DC area. Kyung is extremely polite and made the contract process very easy; she was also great about communicating with the organist at the church. My church only allowed traditional/classical music, but Sage has many beautiful songs in their repertoire and within that category that are not slow or boring. I saw other quartet groups out there for slightly less money, but Sage is definitely worth what you pay!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/12/14, 8 Reviews
4.7

Sage String Quartet was a wonderful addition to our wedding day. They played beautiful music and kept the guests entertained before the ceremony began. They were very responsive and easy to work with. They made great recommendations for which songs would be best and where in the ceremony to use them. Our only wish is that we would have had the chance to meet with them before the ceremony. There was one small hiccup and it was probably not their fault at all, but one of the bridesmaid's was sent down the aisle before the right song had started and therefore she was walking while the music changed. I'm not sure if it was because they couldn't see from where they seated, or if the wedding planner just didn't know, but it happened. We would certainly use them again, but would like to meet with them beforehand.

Profile Picture Lynn, 9/24/11, 12 Reviews