Sage String Quartet Reviews

114 | Washington, DC

114 Reviews for Sage String Quartet

• User5193087 · 2+ years ago

If I could give Sage 10 stars out of 5, I would. They are AMAZING, and were the highlight of our wedding. They performed for our ceremony, cocktail hour and during dinner, and my only regret is that we couldn't be there pre-ceremony or during the start of cocktail hour to hear more of their performance.

We had struggled to find a string quartet near our venue in Vermont who could play the specialized songs we wanted to hear (mostly movie scores, video game scores, and Sigur Ros), but one final, desperate Google search led me to Sage. Luckily they were free on our date, and even luckier, they were willing to travel to Vermont for us! Oh, and learn like 10 new songs!

Kyung was so easy to work with - very responsive, friendly, and professional. They seemed perfectly happy to play out in the middle of the woods (the ceremony location). They sounded incredible - during dinner we kept getting up to go watch them play instead of eating because it was so unbelievably AWESOME to hear a perfect string quartet version of Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Jurassic, Park, etc., etc. I wish I could get a CD of them playing everything, because it was SO awesome and sounded so much better than any of the various versions on YouTube. We got so many compliments from our guests, but on top of that it was a true highlight for the two of us.

Sent on 10/18/2015

I'm the MOB and helped my daughter find and coordinate vendors for her 8/22/2015 wedding. Sage String Quartet played for her ceremony. Wonderful music! The contract and planning process was very professional. Kyung offered lots of suggestions and assistance to my daughter and her fiancé in choosing music. I would highly recommend Sage String Quartet!

Sent on 09/04/2015
  • User5120160 · 2+ years ago

We were so excited about having Sage play at our wedding ceremony that they were one of the first vendors we booked and we booked them a year in advance. We enjoyed listening to the music samples that are available on the website and that really helped for song selection. Throughout the process, Kyung (the founding musician) was always responsive and helpful. Talking with her definitely eased our stress about the ceremony. On the day of our wedding, Sage was able to unobtrusively set-up, rehearse a song with the priest, coordinate with our wedding planner, and adjust the music to fit the processional. They are true professionals! Their music was beautiful and we were so happy to have Sage play at our wedding!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/18/2014

We hired Sage String Quartet for our ceremony and cocktail hour music for our wedding. They were amazing! First, every interaction I had with them was professional and helpful. They made the planning process a breeze, and fun with their samples on their website. In the end we had them arrange two songs for our wedding, and they both came out beautifully. I had many musicians attending our wedding and they all commented on just how good the quartet was, my only regret is not finding time to spend more time listening to them myself! I recommend Sage String Quartet for any event!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2014

I truly enjoyed working with Sage Sting Quartet. They were very flexible and played every song I requested during the ceremony and none of them were traditional (e.g. Lady Gaga, Beatles). They were classy and professional and I received numerous comments from my guests about how fantastic they were. They were easy to work with and very responsive.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Peter · Married on 05/31/2014

Aside from being excellent classical musicians, we were drawn to SSQ by their incredibly diverse repertoire of classical, oldies, and current pop music. Additionally, Kyung - SSQ’s founder and our primary contact - was always prompt, thorough, and professional in her responses to our questions as we were making final decisions on our prelude and ceremony music. Our guests had nothing but extremely positive things to say about SSQ and we would strongly recommend them!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Ranjit · Married on 05/25/2014

What a treat! It was sort of a spontaneous decision that we decided to add a string quartet for the ceremony, but we are really happy with how everything turned out!

Our wedding had a very classic theme with a few modern twists and Sage String's acoustic renditions of both classic and contemporary songs were the perfect fit.

We even had them stay and play for part of our reception and they did a fantastic job of transitioning between locations seamlessly and keeping the music going. So happy we went with Sage String!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/17/2014

Sage String Quartet provided beautiful music to our ceremony! We were able to pick the songs that we wanted to hear and then they created a playlist to go along with it that was wonderful. They were very professional and sounded absolutely beautiful while I was walking down the aisle. They were also very easy to work with! I would recommend Sage String Quartet to anyone needing a string ensemble for the wedding or other event!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Jonathan · Married on 03/22/2014

We chose Sage because their reviews are resoundingly glowing and their website showcased their quality – both in sound and appearance. I honestly loved their interpretations of classics/contemporaries more than most others online, or even professional recordings.

Throughout the process, we dealt with Kyung LeBlanc, who runs the ship there. She was super friendly, personable, and prompt in helping us with song selection and timing. On the day, we saw that she was well into her pregnancy (and gave birth shortly after)! Even so, she coordinated the group flawlessly, always with a smile. She also sought us out to say hi, and to talk to our friend who was officiating the ceremony.

The music we had during the ceremony was beautifully played and really added to the mood we had envisioned. During the cocktail hour, we had them play string renditions of contemporary songs. Our guests absolutely loved this! My only regret is that we were so busy running around that evening that I didn't get to thank each of the performers. If you're looking for some elegance and fun in having live musicians, look no further than Sage!

Sent on 04/10/2014

The Sage Quartet was an excellent choice for our wedding. The music was perfectly and professionally played. They looked absolutely classy and sophisticated while clearly also being exceptionally talented. The choices of music are so extensive. We were offered assistance in our selection process. All our family and friends are still singing praises. We would highly recommend the Sage Quartet.

Sent on 12/08/2013

Maria · Married on 06/09/2013

We are so happy to have picked Sage String Quartet. They did a wonderful job on our ceremony music and the founder of this group, Kyung LeBlanc, was a pleasure to work with. She was available by phone and email to answer any questions I might have had. Several times during the course of the whole wedding process she called to make sure I was doing okay with selecting music and answer any questions. On the day of the wedding I was in the bridal suite so I couldn't hear much of the music, but my husband was able to and he said they did a fantastic job. Kyung even tuned my cousin's violin for her, she was playing a piece later at the reception, and before leaving Kyung found us and wished us congrats. I would highly recommend Sage String Quartet!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 05/10/2013

The Sage String Quartet was fabulous! Kyung was really great during the planning process and was very helpful while we were making our music selections. They were happy to play a piece for the interlude that was not listed on the website. Kyung was incredibly responsive to emails and made planning everything very easy. She even called me a few days before the wedding to review the schedule and make sure I did not have any more questions. On the day she did not play, but was there at the venue to make sure everything ran smoothly. The day after she sent me a few photos she had taken and they were gorgeous! The Quartet that played sounded absolutely wonderful in the space and we received so many compliments from our guests. They were very professional and the music really set the tone for an elegant affair. Thank you Sage String Quartet!

Sent on 06/22/2013

Sage was such a great company to work with. I used their quartet for my ceremony and cocktail hour music. Kyung LeBlanc who I coordinated with was super responsive and organized (I love how they have the eSignature for all the contracts).

At the wedding the ceremony music was so beautiful. They were all dressed lovely and played a great mix of music for the cocktail hour. They are a bit more expensive than other companies I looked at but their only focus is string music and so I trusted they have the best musicians. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/28/2013

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2013

I used Sage as a string trio with trumpet. it was magnificant. Kyung was terrific to work with. I never had to worry that she would get back to me, which she always did immediately. And they played the music we chose with high professionalism. I was thrilled with the contribution Sage String Quartet made to our wedding. Thank you!

Sent on 04/19/2013

Brittanie · Married on 12/29/2012

Sage String Quartet made the ceremony and cocktail hour amazingly special. The quartet is so beautiful, and play a variety of music for those who stray from traditional but still want to keep it classy. Kyung was extremely nice and professional, and very flexible until the wedding. The groom's brother was to sing a solo with the quartet during the ceremony, and Kyung organized sheet music to be sent to him in Colorado, as well as a practice session with the quartet before the ceremony. I could not have been happier with any other group!

Sent on 01/09/2013
  • Former Chicky

Laura · Married on 10/20/2012

I enjoyed working with the Sage String Quartet. They seemed excited to play some of my original compositions that I had in my wedding. They did not charge extra for learning them. They also worked with my soprano singer for two songs 20 minutes before guests arrived. They did an excellent job performing at the wedding. They were also very professional and prompt with emails.

Sent on 11/17/2012

Tim · Married on 10/20/2012

Sage String Quartet performed at both my ceremony and cocktail hour, and I can't speak highly enough of their performance! From the first email Kyung was a dream to work with, extremely responsive to my questions, and incredibly flexible for all of the special requests that I had. I had Sage arrange a few songs specifically for my ceremony that they didn't have available in their library, and those arrangements were perfect! Every member of the string quartet was incredible professional, and their level of performance was stunning. I received compliments all night long about them, and how their music brought the ceremony and cocktail hour to a whole new level. I can't thank Sage enough for adding so much to our wedding day, and I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 12/11/2012

Kristin · Married on 10/06/2012

Sage String Quartet made beautiful music for my wedding ceremony! Because of their outstanding ratings on Wedding Wire, I booked early assuming that they book quickly. I'm so happy that I did. I booked the trio as the quartet was not in my budget, and they were amazing. Kyung is responsive and professional and she was very flexible when I made a few last minute changes. I received many compliments on the music, and my only regret is that I did not have the opportunity to hear them play longer. After our wedding, we even received a wedding card from them - a very thoughtful gesture! I would highly recommend Sage String Quartet.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Sage Strings played at our ceremony and cocktail hour; we used the trio rather than the quartet. They were wonderful! Sage String Quartet provided guidance for the ceremony music (what would work and what probably would not work). During the cocktail hour, Sage Strings played just the right kind of background music. The beautiful music played by Sage Strings gave the ceremony and cocktail hour a lovely ambiance. I would highly recommend Sage String Quartet

Sent on 10/13/2012

Sage String Quartet provided a duo for our ceremony music. They were professional and organized when planning the wedding, and they played beautiful music during the ceremony. They gave helpful suggestions on what to play.

Sent on 08/24/2012

Kyung and colleagues were nothing short of amazing. They are professionals all the way through, and on top of that, incredibly friendly. I wrote so many e-mails to Kyung with questions and I received a response to each and every e-mail, often within an HOUR. For a small fee they even composed a Hall and Oates arrangement (my husband and I are classy that way, lol) for our recessional - and somehow, they managed to make Hall and Oates sound super classy. Their playing is beautiful, and one of the memories we will treasure the most is the gorgeous, romantic, sentimental and ELEGANT mood they set both as our guests arrived and as we walked down the aisle. We are so very grateful that they were a part of our special day - thank you SO much, Kyung and the rest of the Sage String Quartet!!!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2012

Sage String Quartet was incredibly professional. They played during my ceremony and cocktail hour and numerous guests told us how much they loved them. Kyung responded incredibly quickly to emails and the group was so easy to work with. They were one of my favorite parts of my wedding!

Sent on 02/25/2013

Erika · Married on 05/05/2012

Beautiful music. Professional. Entertaining,

Sent on 05/11/2012
  • Libby

Libby · Married on 04/28/2012

SAGE WAS AMAZING!!! If you are thinking about having string music at your wedding you MUST pick them!! The music was beautiful and Kyung and her gang did a great job. The best part was that they very willingly took a piano arrangement of The Irish Blessing that we love and made an arrangement that was perfectly suited for a string quartet. They also coordinated with a friend of ours who lives out of state who was able to perform with them the day of the wedding. I can't say enough about Kyung...lovely to work with and my guests are still raving about them! (Have them for cocktail hour, too...fabulous!!) Thank you, Sage!

Sent on 05/07/2012

Galen · Married on 04/14/2012

Sage String Quartet provided absolutely beautiful music for our wedding ceremony. They always quickly responded to any questions I had and helped guide me in choosing music that would complement nicely. It set the mood for the ceremony and our guests commented on what a fantastic job they did. We could not have been more pleased and highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/19/2012