98 Reviews for Sage String Quartet & Sage Jazz

Learn New Songs (2)
Reception (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
98 Sage String Quartet & Sage Jazz Reviews

I enjoyed working with the Sage String Quartet. They seemed excited to play some of my original compositions that I had in my wedding. They did not charge extra for learning them. They also worked with my soprano singer for two songs 20 minutes before guests arrived. They did an excellent job performing at the wedding. They were also very professional and prompt with emails.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/20/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet performed at both my ceremony and cocktail hour, and I can't speak highly enough of their performance! From the first email Kyung was a dream to work with, extremely responsive to my questions, and incredibly flexible for all of the special requests that I had. I had Sage arrange a few songs specifically for my ceremony that they didn't have available in their library, and those arrangements were perfect! Every member of the string quartet was incredible professional, and their level of performance was stunning. I received compliments all night long about them, and how their music brought the ceremony and cocktail hour to a whole new level. I can't thank Sage enough for adding so much to our wedding day, and I can't recommend them highly enough!

Profile Picture Tim, 10/20/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet made beautiful music for my wedding ceremony! Because of their outstanding ratings on Wedding Wire, I booked early assuming that they book quickly. I'm so happy that I did. I booked the trio as the quartet was not in my budget, and they were amazing. Kyung is responsive and professional and she was very flexible when I made a few last minute changes. I received many compliments on the music, and my only regret is that I did not have the opportunity to hear them play longer. After our wedding, we even received a wedding card from them - a very thoughtful gesture! I would highly recommend Sage String Quartet.

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/6/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage Strings played at our ceremony and cocktail hour; we used the trio rather than the quartet. They were wonderful! Sage String Quartet provided guidance for the ceremony music (what would work and what probably would not work). During the cocktail hour, Sage Strings played just the right kind of background music. The beautiful music played by Sage Strings gave the ceremony and cocktail hour a lovely ambiance. I would highly recommend Sage String Quartet

Profile Picture User2154482, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet provided a duo for our ceremony music. They were professional and organized when planning the wedding, and they played beautiful music during the ceremony. They gave helpful suggestions on what to play.

Profile Picture User2313016, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Kyung and colleagues were nothing short of amazing. They are professionals all the way through, and on top of that, incredibly friendly. I wrote so many e-mails to Kyung with questions and I received a response to each and every e-mail, often within an HOUR. For a small fee they even composed a Hall and Oates arrangement (my husband and I are classy that way, lol) for our recessional - and somehow, they managed to make Hall and Oates sound super classy. Their playing is beautiful, and one of the memories we will treasure the most is the gorgeous, romantic, sentimental and ELEGANT mood they set both as our guests arrived and as we walked down the aisle. We are so very grateful that they were a part of our special day - thank you SO much, Kyung and the rest of the Sage String Quartet!!!

Profile Picture User1747200, 2+ years ago, 13 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet was incredibly professional. They played during my ceremony and cocktail hour and numerous guests told us how much they loved them. Kyung responded incredibly quickly to emails and the group was so easy to work with. They were one of my favorite parts of my wedding!

Profile Picture sarah, 6/9/12, 4 Reviews

Beautiful music. Professional. Entertaining,

Profile Picture Erika, 5/5/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

SAGE WAS AMAZING!!! If you are thinking about having string music at your wedding you MUST pick them!! The music was beautiful and Kyung and her gang did a great job. The best part was that they very willingly took a piano arrangement of The Irish Blessing that we love and made an arrangement that was perfectly suited for a string quartet. They also coordinated with a friend of ours who lives out of state who was able to perform with them the day of the wedding. I can't say enough about Kyung...lovely to work with and my guests are still raving about them! (Have them for cocktail hour, too...fabulous!!) Thank you, Sage!

Profile Picture Libby, 4/28/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet provided absolutely beautiful music for our wedding ceremony. They always quickly responded to any questions I had and helped guide me in choosing music that would complement nicely. It set the mood for the ceremony and our guests commented on what a fantastic job they did. We could not have been more pleased and highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Galen, 4/14/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet was a fabulous vendor! The music during our ceremony was beautiful. In addition to the quartet we also had a trumpet player and a cantor recommended by the group and they added such a beautiful sound. We have had two great experiences with this group - my husband also used one of their violinist for our engagement. Very highly recommend Sage String Quartet!

Profile Picture Jamie, 2/18/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

My experience with Sage String Quartet was nothing short of outstanding. We had the trio instead of the quartet, and the music and volume were perfect for our church wedding. Kyung was incredibly helpful and responsive during the planning process. The music itself was flawless and exactly what we had hoped for. And to top it off, Sage is very reasonably priced. I really can't say enough about Sage. We're so happy they were a part of our special day.

Profile Picture Beth , 10/22/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage sounded so amazing for my wedding. They played beautifully and were so great to work with. They made sure that I had everything that I wanted and even accommodated me with special requests! I would definitely recommend them!!

Profile Picture melissa, 10/22/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet was a fabulous addition to our wedding. Kyung was great at helping us plan for the ceremony and was very accommodating to our requests. For the same price as hiring a dj to play recorded music, Sage really brought a touch of class to our event!

Profile Picture Matt & Jessie, 10/15/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We used Sage String Trio for our ceremony music and they were amazing. The sound quality was excellent and we couldn't have been more happy with our decision to go with them. In addition to sounding incredible, the services Kyung provided were top notch. She was very responsive and attentive throughout the entire processes and she was also helpful when it came to giving suggestions for ceremony music selections to help everything flow. Thank You Sage String Quartet!

Profile Picture User1273070, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I hired Sage String for my ceremony and the music was simply beautiful. They did a great job with the music played and were very professional. I would highly recommend Sage String to anyone looking for professionalism and great value.

Profile Picture JENNY, 10/1/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage was one of the first vendors I found on Wedding Wire and they were amazing! We are beyond satisfied with the job they did at our Wedding. Thank you so much Sage!

Profile Picture Daniela, 9/24/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The second I heard Sage String Quartet I knew we had to have them for our ceremony. Kyung is so responsive with email and gave us recommendations for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Our guests couldn't believe they were performing live; their music sounded so amazing as if it had been recorded and then just played for the ceremony. Listening to them play "Canon in D" while I walked down the aisle is something I'll never forget.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/18/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The music for my ceremony and cocktail hour was beautiful. The musicians were punctual, dressed perfectly, and played flawlessly. The ceremony music changes were seamless and the atmosphere they created was just what I had envisioned. I worked with Kyung in the planning process and she was quick to answer any questions via email and called me a week before the wedding to confirm everything. She offered lots of support and recommendations because I wasn't sure what pieces would best fit the event I had in mind. Her recommendations were spot on.

I would definitely do business with them again.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/10/11, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

sage string quartet was amazing!!!! they did everything i asked and responded to all my emails. i asked them to learn the "i love lucy" theme song for our recessional since my name is lucy and his is rick...and they did. it was hilarious! love them!

Profile Picture User1242304, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Prior to the wedding, I communicated mostly with Kyung. She was always very professional in every conversation and showed that she and her fellow musicians care deeply about what they do and about making the ceremony and reception a beautiful experience. They have hundreds of songs in their song library, and my husband I were able to choose songs that fit who we are and the atmosphere we wanted to have at our wedding. There was a particular song we wanted for our first dance that was not part of the library, and for a small additional fee, Kyung and the other musicians made an arrangement of the song for us. It was truly special. They are amazing musicians, and our guests had nothing but praise for them as well.

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/20/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage was wonderful to work with. We corresponded by both email and phone, and they were very responsive and friendly. I think their performance at our August 2011 wedding was the favorite part for most guests. They still rave about how wonderful the quartet was at both the ceremony and cocktail hour. Everything was flawless and I would highly recommend working with them.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 8/20/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We had a small backyard wedding in Northern Virginia in early July. Kyung LeBlanc of the Sage String Quartet provided a violin/viola/cello trip for our ceremony, which included 20 minutes of prelude music as well as an hour of postlude / cocktail hour music. They played beautifully and every guest, even those who do not usually listen to classical / string music, loved it! They were able to take requests from guests as if they'd known what would be asked ahead of time. Their presence added just the right amount of class and intimacy to what might have been overly simply otherwise.

I was particular impressed with the manner that several special circumstances were handled. Firstly, because we both live in Boston, most of the planning had to be done remotely via email and phone -- Kyung managed this flawlessly. Secondly, we were traveling and out of contact for most of the month leading up to the wedding -- nevertheless, Kyung ensured every step that would normally occur in this timeframe was taken care of beforehand, including helping us choose the ceremony pieces. Thirdly, we requested a special piece for our guests to sing to during the ceremony -- it wasn't in their repertoire but (with no additional charge) they found the sheet music and played it exactly as we had requested (more slowly than written). They even arrived early to ensure that our officiant knew exactly when to start the sing along.
Finally, the ceremony was at 3pm, probably the hottest part of the 91-high day. Not only did the musicians endure the heat with apparent ease, the guests were motivated to remain outdoors to listen, and our wish that our entire group would remain in one place for the post-ceremony champagne came true very naturally.

In short, so much of what was special about the ceremony hinged on the provided music and its well-organized delivery. Thanks you Kyung and Sage String Quartet -- you are A-class in every respect! My wife and I are very satisfied customers!

Profile Picture Angela, 7/2/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Wonderful musicians. They played the ceremony and the cocktail hour at my wedding, and they were perfect. Very friendly and professional, and the music was perfect. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User1306610, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

SSQ played the ceremony and cocktail hour music for my June wedding at Woodend Sanctuary in Chevy Chase, MD, and I couldn't have been happier with their performance-- both day-of the wedding and during the months leading up to it.

I booked SSQ almost a full year out based on internet reviews and their repertoire, which is showcased online. Be sure to schedule them as soon as possible as their schedule fills up way in advance-- 12 months out and I was their last appointment in the month of June! Leading up to the wedding I dealt with Kyung Le Blanc who was an absolute pleasure! The song I wanted to walk down the aisle to wasn't among those the quartet currently played, so in the months leading up to my wedding they learned the song so that I could have my bridal processional-- I can't think of many vendors that would make such an incredibly important and sentimental adjustment. Moreover, I was in constant contact with Kyung throughout the planning process and the quartet completely understood the type of music I wanted played during the ceremony and cocktail hour. One of my major regrets is not being able to enjoy their performance more during cocktail hour due to family photos and other wedding duties!

Sage String Quartet played an integral part in making my wedding day perfect and you absolutely cannot go wrong with them!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/11/11, 5 Reviews