Sage String Quartet & Sage Jazz Reviews

101 | Washington, DC

101 Reviews for Sage String Quartet & Sage Jazz

Sage was such a great company to work with. I used their quartet for my ceremony and cocktail hour music. Kyung LeBlanc who I coordinated with was super responsive and organized (I love how they have the eSignature for all the contracts).

At the wedding the ceremony music was so beautiful. They were all dressed lovely and played a great mix of music for the cocktail hour. They are a bit more expensive than other companies I looked at but their only focus is string music and so I trusted they have the best musicians. I would highly recommend them!

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2013

I used Sage as a string trio with trumpet. it was magnificant. Kyung was terrific to work with. I never had to worry that she would get back to me, which she always did immediately. And they played the music we chose with high professionalism. I was thrilled with the contribution Sage String Quartet made to our wedding. Thank you!

Brittanie · Married on 12/29/2012

Sage String Quartet made the ceremony and cocktail hour amazingly special. The quartet is so beautiful, and play a variety of music for those who stray from traditional but still want to keep it classy. Kyung was extremely nice and professional, and very flexible until the wedding. The groom's brother was to sing a solo with the quartet during the ceremony, and Kyung organized sheet music to be sent to him in Colorado, as well as a practice session with the quartet before the ceremony. I could not have been happier with any other group!

• Former Chicky

Laura · Married on 10/20/2012

I enjoyed working with the Sage String Quartet. They seemed excited to play some of my original compositions that I had in my wedding. They did not charge extra for learning them. They also worked with my soprano singer for two songs 20 minutes before guests arrived. They did an excellent job performing at the wedding. They were also very professional and prompt with emails.

Tim · Married on 10/20/2012

Sage String Quartet performed at both my ceremony and cocktail hour, and I can't speak highly enough of their performance! From the first email Kyung was a dream to work with, extremely responsive to my questions, and incredibly flexible for all of the special requests that I had. I had Sage arrange a few songs specifically for my ceremony that they didn't have available in their library, and those arrangements were perfect! Every member of the string quartet was incredible professional, and their level of performance was stunning. I received compliments all night long about them, and how their music brought the ceremony and cocktail hour to a whole new level. I can't thank Sage enough for adding so much to our wedding day, and I can't recommend them highly enough!

Kristin · Married on 10/06/2012

Sage String Quartet made beautiful music for my wedding ceremony! Because of their outstanding ratings on Wedding Wire, I booked early assuming that they book quickly. I'm so happy that I did. I booked the trio as the quartet was not in my budget, and they were amazing. Kyung is responsive and professional and she was very flexible when I made a few last minute changes. I received many compliments on the music, and my only regret is that I did not have the opportunity to hear them play longer. After our wedding, we even received a wedding card from them - a very thoughtful gesture! I would highly recommend Sage String Quartet.

Sage Strings played at our ceremony and cocktail hour; we used the trio rather than the quartet. They were wonderful! Sage String Quartet provided guidance for the ceremony music (what would work and what probably would not work). During the cocktail hour, Sage Strings played just the right kind of background music. The beautiful music played by Sage Strings gave the ceremony and cocktail hour a lovely ambiance. I would highly recommend Sage String Quartet

Sage String Quartet provided a duo for our ceremony music. They were professional and organized when planning the wedding, and they played beautiful music during the ceremony. They gave helpful suggestions on what to play.

Kyung and colleagues were nothing short of amazing. They are professionals all the way through, and on top of that, incredibly friendly. I wrote so many e-mails to Kyung with questions and I received a response to each and every e-mail, often within an HOUR. For a small fee they even composed a Hall and Oates arrangement (my husband and I are classy that way, lol) for our recessional - and somehow, they managed to make Hall and Oates sound super classy. Their playing is beautiful, and one of the memories we will treasure the most is the gorgeous, romantic, sentimental and ELEGANT mood they set both as our guests arrived and as we walked down the aisle. We are so very grateful that they were a part of our special day - thank you SO much, Kyung and the rest of the Sage String Quartet!!!

sarah · Married on 06/09/2012

Sage String Quartet was incredibly professional. They played during my ceremony and cocktail hour and numerous guests told us how much they loved them. Kyung responded incredibly quickly to emails and the group was so easy to work with. They were one of my favorite parts of my wedding!

Erika · Married on 05/05/2012

Beautiful music. Professional. Entertaining,

• Libby

Libby · Married on 04/28/2012

SAGE WAS AMAZING!!! If you are thinking about having string music at your wedding you MUST pick them!! The music was beautiful and Kyung and her gang did a great job. The best part was that they very willingly took a piano arrangement of The Irish Blessing that we love and made an arrangement that was perfectly suited for a string quartet. They also coordinated with a friend of ours who lives out of state who was able to perform with them the day of the wedding. I can't say enough about Kyung...lovely to work with and my guests are still raving about them! (Have them for cocktail hour, too...fabulous!!) Thank you, Sage!

Galen · Married on 04/14/2012

Sage String Quartet provided absolutely beautiful music for our wedding ceremony. They always quickly responded to any questions I had and helped guide me in choosing music that would complement nicely. It set the mood for the ceremony and our guests commented on what a fantastic job they did. We could not have been more pleased and highly recommend them!

Jamie · Married on 02/18/2012

Sage String Quartet was a fabulous vendor! The music during our ceremony was beautiful. In addition to the quartet we also had a trumpet player and a cantor recommended by the group and they added such a beautiful sound. We have had two great experiences with this group - my husband also used one of their violinist for our engagement. Very highly recommend Sage String Quartet!

Beth · Married on 10/22/2011

My experience with Sage String Quartet was nothing short of outstanding. We had the trio instead of the quartet, and the music and volume were perfect for our church wedding. Kyung was incredibly helpful and responsive during the planning process. The music itself was flawless and exactly what we had hoped for. And to top it off, Sage is very reasonably priced. I really can't say enough about Sage. We're so happy they were a part of our special day.

melissa · Married on 10/22/2011

Sage sounded so amazing for my wedding. They played beautifully and were so great to work with. They made sure that I had everything that I wanted and even accommodated me with special requests! I would definitely recommend them!!

Matt & Jessie · Married on 10/15/2011

Sage String Quartet was a fabulous addition to our wedding. Kyung was great at helping us plan for the ceremony and was very accommodating to our requests. For the same price as hiring a dj to play recorded music, Sage really brought a touch of class to our event!

Alyssa · Married on 10/14/2011

We used Sage String Trio for our ceremony music and they were amazing. The sound quality was excellent and we couldn't have been more happy with our decision to go with them. In addition to sounding incredible, the services Kyung provided were top notch. She was very responsive and attentive throughout the entire processes and she was also helpful when it came to giving suggestions for ceremony music selections to help everything flow. Thank You Sage String Quartet!

JENNY · Married on 10/01/2011

I hired Sage String for my ceremony and the music was simply beautiful. They did a great job with the music played and were very professional. I would highly recommend Sage String to anyone looking for professionalism and great value.

Daniela · Married on 09/24/2011

Sage was one of the first vendors I found on Wedding Wire and they were amazing! We are beyond satisfied with the job they did at our Wedding. Thank you so much Sage!

Lauren · Married on 09/18/2011

The second I heard Sage String Quartet I knew we had to have them for our ceremony. Kyung is so responsive with email and gave us recommendations for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Our guests couldn't believe they were performing live; their music sounded so amazing as if it had been recorded and then just played for the ceremony. Listening to them play "Canon in D" while I walked down the aisle is something I'll never forget.

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2011

The music for my ceremony and cocktail hour was beautiful. The musicians were punctual, dressed perfectly, and played flawlessly. The ceremony music changes were seamless and the atmosphere they created was just what I had envisioned. I worked with Kyung in the planning process and she was quick to answer any questions via email and called me a week before the wedding to confirm everything. She offered lots of support and recommendations because I wasn't sure what pieces would best fit the event I had in mind. Her recommendations were spot on.

I would definitely do business with them again.

sage string quartet was amazing!!!! they did everything i asked and responded to all my emails. i asked them to learn the "i love lucy" theme song for our recessional since my name is lucy and his is rick...and they did. it was hilarious! love them!

Lisa · Married on 08/20/2011

Prior to the wedding, I communicated mostly with Kyung. She was always very professional in every conversation and showed that she and her fellow musicians care deeply about what they do and about making the ceremony and reception a beautiful experience. They have hundreds of songs in their song library, and my husband I were able to choose songs that fit who we are and the atmosphere we wanted to have at our wedding. There was a particular song we wanted for our first dance that was not part of the library, and for a small additional fee, Kyung and the other musicians made an arrangement of the song for us. It was truly special. They are amazing musicians, and our guests had nothing but praise for them as well.

Lindsay · Married on 08/20/2011

Sage was wonderful to work with. We corresponded by both email and phone, and they were very responsive and friendly. I think their performance at our August 2011 wedding was the favorite part for most guests. They still rave about how wonderful the quartet was at both the ceremony and cocktail hour. Everything was flawless and I would highly recommend working with them.