Safety Harbor Resort & Spa Reviews

Jacqueline · Married on 05/25/2014

2.0
      3.5
      3.5

Overall, I was pleased with Safety Harbor, however there were some confusions with them. I had ordered koozies to put in a basket next to the bar, and after cocktail hour, when we were getting ready to be announced into the reception, I noticed the basket was empty! I asked the bartender if there were any more koozies, and she picked up the basket, looked inside, and said, "Doesn't look like it." So I asked if there were any in a box under the bar, and low and behold! There was a ton of them! If I hadn't said anything, not even half the koozies would have gotten out to my guests!

Also, my husband and I requested to have our meal boxed and brought to our room since we knew we wouldn't have time to eat it. When we got to our room, there was strawberries (which were supposed to be there) with a card that said "Mr & Mrs Hughes" - we are NOT the Hughes! Also, our meals were not in the room either, so it is a safe assumption that our room and another bridal couple's room were mixed up for the night.

Overall, they were ok, I would recommend them, but you need to be very specific with what you want.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Rachel · Married on 12/16/2016

2.8
      2.0

The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL. We are lifelong residents on Clearwater, FL and had dreamed of our wedding being at a historical hotel such as Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. However, the beauty of the venue is probably not worth the terrible customer service we received. The accounting department consistently did not bill us according to the schedule listed on our contract. We had to e-mail or call days after each payment was supposed to be charged to figure out if they were going to charge us. We had booked our venue in December of 2015, for our wedding in December 2016. In September 2015, we were called by our wedding coordinator and told we had been double booked. We refused to move and requested a meeting with the manager, Ajith Dissanyake, we told us that the room was actually double booked, but in fact the hotel had lied to us, and just wanted to move a corporate event into our room since they were a larger party. Mr. Dissanyake was EXTREMELY rude to my parents, my fiancee, and myself during our meeting, refusing to acknowledge that he had intentionally tried not to uphold our contract. We had to threaten legal action in order to contact Mr. Touloumis, the owner. Mr. Touloumis was extremely apologetic, did offer us a complimentary weekend, and made every attempt to fix his staff's mistakes. After this incident, we dealt with Katie DeMambro, and Zandra Beard who were absolutely AMAZING. Not enough good things can be said about these women, and truthfully, if it was not for them, we would have looked to change venues before our wedding, (If you choose to book here, we would highly suggest asking for Zandra as your wedding coordinator). Zandra and Katie saved our day, but if it was not for them the issues at the resort would have continued. Reservations was an absolute nightmare, and trying to book our suite we were told that we would need to change rooms during the three nights we stayed there. Luckily, we had to resort to Katie having to fix this issue as well. W

Sent on 12/21/2016