Safety Harbor Resort & Spa Reviews

Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 5
Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 6
Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 7

Donna · Married on 04/29/2012

We could not have made a better choice in a venue for our wedding! Everything far exceeded our expectations. Maria was absolutely incredible...she was there for us from the very beginning and went so far above and beyond to make our wedding so special for us and for our guests. Everyone we spoke with and/or worked with at Safety Harbor was terrific...no question was was unanswered and no request was ignored. The setting was beautiful, the food was fabulous, the service was unmatched. We had both our ceremony and our reception at Safety Harbor and our guests stayed at Safety Harbor....ain't was all perfect!

Thank you, Maria, for being so amazing! Thank you, too, to Drew, Lisa, Denise, Francois, and to anyone I've forgotten (I'm so sorry if I neglected someone!)...you made our wedding more than we could have ever hoped for!

Sent on 05/15/2012

krayola · Married on 04/13/2012

I had Maria as my wedding coordinator at the Spa . She was heaven sent, she listened to all my visions and turned my wedding into a masterpiece. The hotel is a beautiful place to have a wedding.

Sent on 05/06/2012

Aletheia · Married on 03/03/2012

After our extensive search throughout the Tampa Bay area for a perfect ceremony and reception location, we decided on the Safety Harbor Resort & Spa. We had many guests flying in from all over and we loved the location on the water and the amenities on site like the spa, pool and tiki bar, lounge area and restaurants. Downtown Safety Harbor is a charming area yet still close to everything. We had our ceremony on the back deck overlooking the Bay. Our initial plan was to have an outdoor reception at the Marina Park next door to the Spa, but crazy winds made us change our plans totally last minute to accommodate our 200+ guests, which the Spa handled very professionally and placed us in the beautiful Grand Ballroom. Everyone had a wonderful time and loved the overall ambiance of the Resort. We live right down the road from the Spa and are now planning on becoming Members due to this great experience.

Sent on 03/16/2012

K · Married on 11/11/2011

Kelly and her team were WONDERFUL!!!!! Everything was GORGEOUS, the staff was AMAZING and everything went SO smoothly! The only glitches were when I peeked my head into the reception room the night before and noticed that the buffet and sweetheart linens were the wrong color (I had chosen one color, then changed it to white in the final meeting)... but that was minor, and the staff in the room that I alerted fixed it immediately. Everyone commented on how good the food was (we had the buffet) and how beautiful everything was.

We were very happy with our choice of having our ceremony & reception here!

Sent on 01/22/2012

susan · Married on 05/07/2011

Amanda and the whole team were awesome! Huge attention to detail - these guys know how to pull off a beautiful wedding!!!

Sent on 05/14/2011

Kasi · Married on 03/20/2011

Flexible. Incredibly helpful. Did an absolutely lovely job.

Sent on 06/05/2011

elizabeth · Married on 01/15/2011

I had only my reception at the resort. I LOVED everyone there! I was worried when they declared bankruptcy but I was reassured everything would be fine and it was perfect. Everyone loved the food. The service was unbelievable. The spa services were great. The servers and bartenders were so nice and made sure I had everything I wanted. The new manager returned my phone calls and e-mails immediately. She helped make my day perfect. She was there all morning and made sure everything was perfect. Francois had everything in order all night. I had no worries all day. I loved everything....Thank you!

Sent on 02/24/2011

Adrienne · Married on 06/20/2009

Here for the honeymoon....AWESOME! the rooms, pool area, the food, price, and tranquility.

Sent on 06/22/2009
  • napwoods

Pamalla · Married on 02/14/2009

There really are no words to express our feelings for The Safety Harbor Resort & Spa...Awesome, Faboulous, Wonderful & WOW just aren't good enough. THIS PLACE ROCKS !
    We had the most unbelievable experience here - with our ceremony in the "Oh so special" Tranquility Garden and our reception in the "Beautiful" Athena Ballroom...there was no end to the special treatment given to us by this wonderful venue.
    Thank you Safety Harbor for making the most of our beautiful 1st day together !

Sent on 05/17/2009

Paula · Married on 06/16/2018

A scenic, historic hotel with a engaging and courteous staff! Nothing but rave reviews for their event planner, Maria Touloumis - she turned a challenging situation and couple into a splendid celebration.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Alison · Married on 08/26/2017

When I first walked in I was with another coordinator, once I booked I found out she was gone - of course I started panicking but little did I know I was going to get the chance to work with Maria. The first email with her she calmed my nerves and said not to worry she was going to take great care of us. I love how she is herself and gets back to you with answers as soon as she is able to. Safety Harbor is an older Resort but it was the most gorgeous wedding I've ever seen (I know it was my own, but man you people told me the same thing) ballroom is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Most of our guests said the food was so delicious and there was plently. My fiancé and I wish we could get married again and do the whole day over and over! It was the best day ever and Safety Harbor made it happen!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Elba · Married on 03/20/2016

I had the most wonderful experience with the Safety Harbor Resort, John was awesome, he as done f4 of the family recent weddings and we love the way he take care of all our needs, giving us the time to really enjoy what we pay for.

Sent on 03/31/2016

Reanna · Married on 09/05/2015

John and his team at Safety Harbor Spa made my day amazing. On the day of my wedding it rained; they knew I really wanted an outdoor wedding and we're willing to delay the ceremony until the rain passed. Afterward, they made up the time delay by allowing my reception to go an hour later than scheduled for no additional cost. The food was delicious, the room and accommodations were gorgeous and they made sure my day was stress free. I am appreciative and overwhelmed by how easy they made the day for me. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a dream wedding.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Safety Harbor Resort was amazing with their service and expertise in helping with our wedding.

Sent on 05/14/2015

Tina · Married on 12/06/2013

Our wedding at Safety Harbor went perfectly. Jennifer Barrett was who I worked with, and she was beyond amazing. She made sure everything went smoothly on the day of my wedding, and answered my million questions, emails, and phone calls leading up to the wedding. I had my ceremony in the tent outside and the reception in the Four Springs Ballroom. Everything was beautiful, and the food was awesome. All our guests loved staying at the hotel, and it was great to see the downstairs bar for the after party. Loved this place!

* I would not recommend using the salon, it is totally outdated, and not enough people working there to accommodate a large wedding party. Plus it is a nightmare to even try to get appointment times scheduled. I did two trials there and had to pay the entire amount for the wedding day up front. no wonder because i am sure a lot of people do not even get their hair done there after the crappy trial! It look over four hours and i was not happy with the results. and i had to pay 200 for a trial only since there is no way I was having my hair done there on my wedding day. Book someone to come to your room instead!

Sent on 03/30/2014

Lisa · Married on 11/13/2010

Tina and her staff made our special day magical and memorable! The service was impecable and the site beautiful! We had such a wonderful experience that I have no reservations in recommending The Safety Harbor Resort a& Spa!

Sent on 11/27/2010

Brie · Married on 08/25/2007

Beautiful venue. We had our ceremony and reception there. The staff were professional and of quality. It was a beautiful place and reasonably priced. Definately worth a look.

Sent on 02/22/2008

Sara · Married on 03/02/2019

We met with Cindi to check out this venue and go over the details of the day. She got back to us immediately, was very flexible in setting up a time to meet with us. She was very friendly yet professional and accommodating and also very easy going - not very pushy or sales-ish. She was also very considerate to give us the inside scoop - for example letting us know that the day we picked there was a local concert going on the same day which would have disrupted our service/evening. The room selections are also very lovely and different for each person. From a traditional ballroom, to a room full of windows and natural light, to a proper theatre, they seemed to have an option to meet everyone's taste. It's also convenient that guests can stay right on the property for the weekend, for very reasonable room prices!

Sent on 09/07/2018

We had an absolutely amazing wedding at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa! The reception went smoothly, service was efficient, and everyone had a great time! The decorations were set up perfectly and the Four Springs Ballroom was beautiful. Maria did a great job coordinating with all of our vendors and setting up our timeline for the day with us. Maria was very helpful and informative and we were so happy everything worked out so perfectly! Our guests loved staying here as well and we got a great honeymoon suite on the night of our reception! I would definitely recommend this beautiful resort for anyone's wedding!

Sent on 03/21/2016

sonia · Married on 11/21/2015

I worked with Maria T the event planner. She was helpful and had great advice on how to get the menu we wanted while saving money. It rained on my wedding day so we had to move the ceremony inside but Maria was able to make the inside Theater Room beautiful.

Sent on 02/12/2016
  • User6020006 · 2+ years ago

Being only a mile from our house, this was a perfect venue for us. I loved the fact that our guests didn't have to go anywhere - we had the ceremony and reception there, then people were able to stay the night. The tranquility garden was a beautiful site for the ceremony & the Four Springs ballroom was breathtaking for the reception. Hotel rooms were great, very clean & the front desk was more than friendly & accommodating. All onsite bars were tons of fun & the pool and spa were beautiful! Thank you Safety Harbor Spa for making our wedding weekend one everyone will remember for years!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Dave · Married on 12/13/2014

From start to finish, our wedding was excellent. Maria Savakis Touloumis helped us with the planning, and coordinated everything. The day of the the event went smoothly down to the smallest detail. The food was delicious and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our out of town guests commented that it was nice to have everything at the same location. Ceremony, reception and great rooms for the weekend. Our family is still talking about the beautiful location.

We couldn't have picked a better place.

Dave and Stacy P

Sent on 11/24/2015

Maria Savakis was our catering coordinator for our rehearsal dinner and she was fantastic! She was always so sweet and even talked to us about our menu and rehearsal dinner needs after hours on her cell phone! Our dinner was delicious and so well done, the staff was kind and attentive. Not to mention Safety Harbor Resort and Spa is gorgeous! A little expensive but definitely worth it. We are so thankful for such an amazing rehearsal dinner!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Safety Harbor combined linen rental, catering, reception venue, the champagne toast, overnight accomodations, day of coordination, and also had an arrangement with a bakery for the cake package--they were a great time saver, and the quality/responsiveness was wonderful! They were incredibly flexible, willing to do little extras and the staff was so attentive that night that all the guests felt well taken care of. Also, everyone raved about the food! My daughter was so happy with the venue appearance too! It was well-kept, clean and very vintage looking.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Melissa · Married on 03/29/2014

Safety Harbor Resort and Spa was a GEM of a venue. I originally wanted beachfront but the hotels were not in a price range that I felt comfortable with for my guests. SHRS is a historic hotel located right over the Courtney Campbell bridge in beautiful Safety Harbor. If your guests fly into Tampa airport, they have a fabulous "welcome to Florida" drive to your venue. The Four Springs ball room is unlike any ballroom I have ever seen. There is a beautiful painting on the ceiling and chandeliers are sprinkled throughout the room.

The rooms have all been renovated and look like mini Tommy Bahama stores. The food is good. It is not blow your mind but absolutely worth it. The NY Strip was great and my rum glazed grouper was quite tasty.

They have suites that are absolutely great to get ready in the day of. The cocktail hour takes place in History Hall. It is a beautiful room with lots of windows and plenty of seating.

There are limitless options for photos. There is a restaurant for breakfast,lunch and dinner as well as a lounge by the lobby and a tiki bar by the pool.

We enjoyed having our special day at a location that was not a chain or a big hotel where we were just another wedding. The town of Safety Harbor was adorable and welcoming. Our guests loved this little waterfront town and I would recommend making an appointment to any bride who is looking for something different and beautifully historic. You have not seen an adorable venue like this.

Sent on 05/27/2014