Safety Harbor Resort & Spa Reviews

Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 5
Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 6
Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 7

Kathryn · Married on 02/15/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Safety Harbor Resort & Spa on February 15, 2015, and words can’t adequately describe how amazing not only our wedding day was, but really our whole experience working with the Safety Harbor crew. Everyone who helped us went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was more amazing than we could have even imagined, especially our fantastic wedding planner/organizer, Maria Touloumis. From even the very first time we walked in the door, Maria made us feel so welcome and important. From offering us something to drink when we walked in the door to spending several hours with us going over options for possible days/times/pricing, she gave us her full attention and always had a smile on her face. We knew after that first meeting that without a doubt Safety Harbor is where we wanted our wedding to be. The process of planning the wedding from that first meeting to the actual day of the event was no less wonderful. Any time we had a question or concern, Maria was always happy to help. Even when we would call or email when she was busy, she would always return our call quickly and was eager to be of assistance in any way she could. Our wedding day/weekend exceeded anything we could have hoped or dreamed. It was perfect. Every staff member who assisted us during that weekend worked tirelessly to ensure a wonderful and memorable experience for us and our guests. Throughout the entire evening of the wedding, Maria made sure to keep things on track and organized, and never failed to be there when we needed her. She truly has a beautiful heart. We feel that through our experience with the Safety Harbor family, not only did we come away with great memories, but also friendships that will last a lifetime. We are so grateful and feel incredibly blessed. We would absolutely recommend having your wedding at Safety Harbor Resort & Spa! We are so happy with our decision and we just know you will be as well!

-Kathryn & Michael Russell

Sent on 03/20/2015

LeShea · Married on 12/20/2014

My daughter was just married and our reception was at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. I cannot say enough about this place and the people that work there. The food is excellent and from the preparation to the day of the wedding the staff provided the highest quality of service and a venue that was breathtakingly beautiful. If you want a classic, timeless venue with a view of the bay coupled with a strikingly elegant ballroom and gorgeous rooms for the family and out of town guests to enjoy this is your venue.
    This is a genuine review from a very happy customer of no relation, it was everything my daughter dreamed of and more !!

LeShea Serrano, Mother of the Bride

Sent on 12/23/2014

Maria Touloumis was the BEST Wedding Coordinator at the Safety Harbor Resort & Spa! She walked me thru everything that I needed to do and she is a blessed soul with such kindness and genuine love. My Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding Reception and Sunday Brunch were so lovely! The food, the atmosphere and the employees were all so perfect! I felt like a Queen for the weekend! Thank you Safety Harbor and most of all Maria! It was the wedding of my dreams and I would recommend your services to everyone!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Asimina · Married on 11/08/2014

We could not be happier with how our wedding reception turned out at the Safety Harbor Spa. Maria Touloumis was absolutely incredible to work with over the past 18 months. Maria was always helpful, honest, straightforward, and attentive. She helped us think through many ideas and allowed us to change our mind time and time again. She was so patient and hardworking. Our reception of 230 people was in the Four Springs ballroom, and we used History Hall and the Baranoff Lobby for cocktail hour, and the East Room for desserts. Each and every room looked perfect, the food was delicious, the staff was wonderful, and we really couldn't be happier. We had many out of town guests staying at the resort and they all enjoyed their experience.

I really can't say enough about how well our group was treated at the Safety Harbor Spa. We know Maria was always trying to do well by us and make our vision come to life. Everything was perfect and Id highly recommend the venue and staff of the safety harbor spa for any special event!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Shelby · Married on 10/26/2014

Perfect wedding day! Safety Harbor resort and Spa was the perfect setting for our October wedding and reception. The food was excellent, the venue clean and gorgeous and the staff was impeccable ! Especially Jessica D. our coordinator who was an absolute dream to work with.... Professional, fun, creative and flexible.... What a blessing !

Sent on 10/27/2014

Ryan · Married on 10/04/2014

Maria Touloumis was amazing to work with for our reception. She made the planning process very smooth and stress free. The day of wedding which was October 4th, 2014 was amazing she goes above and beyond her job and truly love what she does. She cover all the little details even going out her way to get one of groomsmen socks that he forgot. I would highly recommend the safety harbor spa and resort for your reception. Food was amazing and the staff was very organized and made the reception run smoothly.

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/07/2014

My husband and I got married at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa on September 7th 2014 and it was truly the best day of our lives. We spent over a year and a half planning our wedding and Maria Savakis-Touloumis was by our side the entire time. I had her personal number and she answered every phone call and text right away (and there were many lol). She was a huge help and I will forever be grateful to her.

The spa was the perfect venue for our wedding since almost all our guests had to travel to celebrate our big day. Having the hotel, ceremony and reception all at one location was very convenient for our guest and I know they all appreciated it. The hotel rooms, outside property and the ballroom are beautiful and very well kept. The food was also amazing and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We received so many compliments on our wedding and on the spa. Our guests had an amazing time! Thank you everyone and especially Maria for making our wedding dream a reality!

Sent on 02/03/2015
  • User4320634 · 2+ years ago

Maria T. Was our event planner and I feel has become family.
    I can't say enough about her!
    The safety harbor spa was amazing.
    Beautiful place with accommodating staff the whole time. Food is perfect , parking is ample and there is a lot to do there.
    It is a Tampa Bay Area gem that should be honored!

Sent on 08/13/2014

For our wedding day, we can’t say enough good things about Maria Touloumis and her associates at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa.
    First to mention is the resort: The improvements made to the property are beautiful. The rooms are huge and it’s tough not to find a view. Our Photographer had so many options to work with that we now have more pictures than walls in the house! We hired a band that does very large shows (8 member band) and when they heard there was a stage available in the Four-Springs ballroom they were as thrilled as we were. They all fit on stage with room to dance and get everyone on their feet. The food at the resort was nothing more than top notch. If you have ever had Sunday brunch at the resort (highly recommend), don’t worry about your meal being any less quality for your big day.

This property has such beautiful views of the water and the area surrounding the resort has a very calming and tranquil effect.

Speaking of tranquil and calming… our Wedding planner, Maria Touloumis was the glue that kept everything together. Our wedding was the most special day of our lives. Having Maria in our lives at that time enhanced every part of the experience. It’s hard not to fall in love with her and quickly you’ll realize that you would have wanted to invite her to your wedding even if she wasn’t the planner. She was very organized and listened to every detail we requested. She always wore a contagious smile and left us with a warm hug. We will always look forward to going back to the resort for another little taste of the memories we created that day, and to see that special person that seemed to put her own life on hold every time we walked into the door.

If you are looking in the (Tampa / St Pete/ Clearwater) area for a venue that can do it all. I HIGHLY recommend you consider Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. Trust Maria Touloumis, she can take care of it all at the spa, allowing you to do what you are supposed to do on your wedding day… ENJOY

Sent on 01/26/2015

Bri · Married on 07/12/2014

Words cannot even begin to express how thankful I am to the Safety Harbor Resort and spa staff, especially Maria Touloumis- our event coordinator for our reception at the hotel.

My husband and I toured many wedding venues in pinellas county with beach/bay views and none compared to the Safety Harbor Spa. With the stress of planning, I instantly felt at ease with I walked through their doors. The staff is pleasant and very accommodating, the hotel rooms are clean and very spacious and the food is incredible! I highly suggest attending their Sunday brunch buffet to get a taste, you won't be let down! My guests had nothing but wonderful things to say!

And Maria, she truly was a fairy godmother! Always available via text or phone to answer any questions- day or night! Although I know the Spa hosts many weddings, I never once felt like a number to her. She makes you a priority, is hardworking and organized to make sure your day is exactly how you want it! I am still I'm contact with her to this day and my wedding was 7 months ago, she is a wonderful person. You're in the best hands with her!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa as the destination for your wedding or special event!

Sent on 02/04/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/22/2014

My husband fell in love with the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa from the moment he walked in the doors. We began working with Jenn, who was fabulous and incredibly attentive to our *numerous* questions. Even while working with her, we also had contact with two other fabulous women, Maria and Maria - both of whom also answered our questions and helped us make decisions about our wedding. Jenn ended up leaving the Spa before our wedding day and we were put in the very, very capable hands of Maria Touloumis. She continued to answer all of our questions and help make decisions regarding our wedding day. She was easy to get in touch with and she was flexible throughout the planning process. Whenever I would hit a moment of panic, she was great about calming me down and assuring me that everything would go off without a hitch... She was 100% right! My husband and I still talk about how flawless our wedding day was. Everything went smoothly - from the set up, to the ceremony, to the dinner service, even to our sparkler send off. Maria and her catering team did a wonderful job and we cannot thank them enough for all of their help, support, flexibility, and love throughout the entire year leading up to our beautifully perfect wedding day!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Terry · Married on 06/08/2014

Over and above our expectations is how I would describe our experience with the professionals at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. We chose this venue to host our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, wedding reception, and hotel accommodations for our out of town guests.
    From the beginning our sales manager / wedding coordinator Maria Savakis Touloumis was very informative, flexible in regards to our arrangements, and ensured we stayed on top of our deadlines.
    The venue was beautiful, the vendors Safety Harbor recommended were equally professional, and the food was amazing. Very pleased with this group - and glad we made them a part of our big day. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking for a wedding venue and services to look to Safety Harbor Resort and Spa.

Sent on 06/23/2014

My daughter’s wedding reception was held at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa and it could not have been a more seamless and enjoyable experience. The location was ideal, the ballroom was beautiful, and our coordinator, Maria, was unbelievably helpful and attentive. I considered many venues before choosing Safety Harbor and Maria’s willingness to be available and attention to detail sealed the deal for me. I did all the planning and coordinating for my daughter’s wedding and reception while she was away at college and having not planned anything like this before, Maria essentially held my hand through the whole process. Even down to ensuring that our menu included options for our vegetarian and child guests. She brought my ideas to fruition in an even more elegant manner than I thought possible! All of our guests raved at how lovely the set up was for the cocktail hour and how gorgeous the tables looked for the reception. Maria was even kind
    enough to make sure that my daughter, son-in-law, and their bridal party had a lot of food to snack on before they made their entrances. My daughter could not stop smiling the entire night and our guests repeatedly told us it was the best party they had been to in many, many years. I definitely recommend Safety Harbor Spa & Resort to any brides in search of the perfect venue and be sure to ask for Maria!!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Kelly · Married on 05/17/2014

I had my wedding and reception at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa, and I highly recommend it! EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT!!! Our wedding planner, Maria Touloumis, was AMAZING!!! She was so much fun to work with, and very accommodating with whatever we needed throughout the year-in-a-half of planning. We had an 11:30am ceremony, and the reception ended at 4pm. This was perfect because we were able to continue the celebration with our friends and family, from all over, by the pool and tiki bar afterwards. I highly recommend an earlier wedding as well as it allows for an entire day of celebrating. Then we stayed the night in our beautiful, ocean view complimentary honeymoon suite, and have breakfast with our guests the next morning before leaving on our honeymoon cruise. We were able to have everything in 1 spot (so no worries about driving), and extend the celebration as long as possible.
    Paul, in the spa, did my hair and make-up for my wedding. He did a BEAUTIFUL job!!! The "trial", with Paul, 2 days before my wedding was great because we were able to figure what I liked beforehand. The spa is definitely a little "pricey", but it was worth not having to worry about my hair/makeup the day of my wedding.
    Also, the food was AMAZING!!! Our guests were very pleased with the venue, food, and convenience all around.
    The venue was BEAUTIFUL, and the experience was PERFECT!!!

Kelly Mitchell Gilliam

Sent on 07/06/2014

Ralph · Married on 11/23/2013

Our wedding at Safety Harbor Resort & Spa was absolutely fabulous!! The entire staff at the Resort was so helpful, cooperative and professional. Our wedding coordinator, Jennifer Barrett was wonderful and ensured that everything ran smoothly and promptly and she did it with class and graciousness. The setting for the ceremony at the Tranquility Garden was perfect for a wedding of our size and the food was top-notch. The wait staff at the wedding was fantastic and totally unobtrusive. The hotel rooms were clean and super spacious. I would highly reccommend the Resort & Spa to anyone looking to get married or for any other event in the Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater area.

Sent on 12/09/2013

Leandra · Married on 10/26/2013

I am in love with this resort! Our wedding was everything we wanted and more. The staff at Safety Harbor was awesome and the venue is absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 10/29/2013

allyson · Married on 07/20/2013

I had my wedding at Safety Harbor the end of July and I couldn’t be happier. We decided we wanted a wedding where we could have everything at one location; ceremony, reception, and where guest could stay for the night and this venue was perfect for that (since most of our guest were from out of town). The staff was unbelievably helpful, and they walk you through every step of the process. We didn’t try the food before the wedding, but we were pleasantly surprised at how good it all was. The catering manager is there the day of and is like the day of wedding planner. She keeps everything on schedule and makes sure all the other vendors are there and set up and she has her staff set up all the extra decorations you might have. We actually had a rehearsal dinner there the day before (again, the food was amazing) and I booked a suite for that night so my bridesmaids and I would have a room to get ready in the day of the wedding, and it couldn’t have worked out any better. I will definitely be giving 5 stars across the board for Safety Habor!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Nicole · Married on 05/26/2013

I can't begin describe how happy I was having my wedding ceremony and reception at safety harbor resort and spa! Our wedding coordinator Maria was a big reason why I decided to have it there. She did an amazing job she helped us every step of the way !! From helping us find vendors to setting up decorations and favors she did great. She reminded us to bring things in case we forgot. She was very personable and friendly to us and the venue was beautiful. Maria kindly upgraded us to the four springs ballroom , me and my groom had a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in our complimentary room and also received complimentary breakfast in bed it was wonderful ! I would highly recommend ! Ask for Maria !

Sent on 06/02/2013

Bob · Married on 05/25/2013

My daughter recently got married at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa in Safety Harbor ,Fl. I just have to share this experience. We must have checked out 20 different venues in the area between Pinellas and Hillsborough counties. My wife , daughter, son-in-law, and myself all agreed that this was by far the nicest venue around, from the central location, to the very kwoneledgeable wedding planners, to the rich history of the Spa, to the absolutely beautiful ball room and cocktail room and the quality of the resort itself. Needless to say we thought that it had the best of everything all in one place. Rest assured we were not disappointed. It was without a doubt the best wedding we could have had. There was not one single glitch in the entire 3 day weekend for us and many of our friends who also spent the weekend with us, from the front desk staff who made sure all our friends received their welcome gift bags , to the spa staff, to the poolside staff and especially to the catering staff. We worked very closely with Kelly Duncan in planning all the details , many of which we didn't even think about....Thank you Kelly for your patience and professionalism . The staff seen to it that every little detail was handled properly. The food was excellent, the bruschetta bar
    was outstanding and loved by everyone , the cake was also excellent. Everyone of our guests said it was the best wedding they have been too. I would have not one single trepidation in whole heartedly recommending the Safety harbor Spa to anyone looking for that "just perfect place" to have their wedding. Again I just want to thank everyone involved that special day in May for making this a truly memorable day for all us .

Sent on 07/07/2013

Tara · Married on 05/18/2013

We had our reception here and it was wonderful. We started out working with Amanda but Jennifer came in with just a few months to go and Im so happy that she did. She was great!! Very helpful and flexible especially considering she was taking over half way through. She helped with all the little details. Food was excellent, and we had a variety of food (including thai). Staff was great (including one bartender who escorted a wedding crasher out). Ballroom is beautiful. We stayed there for 3 nights, the rooms are a great size, even the regular ones. We had a pretty large group and everyone was happy with the resort.
    We love this place!!!

Sent on 05/27/2013

Bethany · Married on 12/22/2012

Everyone was just wonderful when it came to my wedding day. The catering service and the chef were just perfect and the food was delicious. It was perfect because everyone that had alcohol was able to stay the night right at the hotel. The rooms we used for the ceremony and the reception were so beautiful. I could not have asked for a more beautiful setting for the most important day of my life.

Sent on 01/24/2013

SHRS was AMAZING! The perfect venue for our reception and cocktail hour.
    Amanda was amazing to work with and they were very flexible on price. The food was wonderful, the ballroom couldn't have been more perfect.

Sent on 03/27/2013

Hallie · Married on 10/06/2012

Amazing staff! Lisa wrote down every detail of our wedding. Even stuff we had brought up and then later forgot about! Francios was so attentive to our every need the night of our wedding. The food was amazing! Our guests were raving about it! At the end of the night all of our stuff was cleaned (flutes, cake cutting stuff) and everything was packaged up, padded up and stored in our suite. Then to top it all off we received champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our suite when we got back. Grade A++++++++++++++++ service all the way! You definitely get your money's worth here AND it's a nice plus to have a fun place to relax the day after....spend the day at the pool with your wedding party!

Sent on 10/11/2012

I love this place. I am actually local and was looking for a place to stay at the day before and night of my wedding, just to feel special :-) and boy was this the place to be. Do not go by their online reviews. The place has been renovated and was perfect. We received amazing service, food, and massages! I truely felt relaxed. If you are getting married or just need a place to rejuvenate, Safety Harbor Spa and resort is the way to go!

Sent on 07/14/2012

Tara · Married on 06/24/2012

Let me first begin by saying that I never knew that I would be able to afford or have such a beautiful wedding! My husband and I were married June 24, 2012 at the Safety Harbor Spa and had our reception there. We worked with Kelly Gorman and she became what I like to call my “wedding fairy godmother”. Kelly always took the extra time to make sure that all our questions and concerns were taken care of and she always returned any email quickly. We actually got married on a very stormy day and were not able to have our ceremony within the outdoor tent, but Kelly so wonderfully put together the ceremony in a beautiful ballroom. And to be honest, I loved the ballroom more then I loved the tent. On the day of the wedding everything went smoothly. I started crying right before I was to walk down the aisle and the wonderful gentlemen helping Kelly was able to calm me down so quickly. Kelly and her staff truly do their best to make your special day wonderful. The Safety Harbor Spa makes planning your wedding so easy! They have a list of preferred vendors who are truly amazing at what they do. If you are planning a wedding I would highly recommend checking out the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa.

Sent on 06/26/2012